Other Sunscreens:

Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Creme Lotion SPF 50

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Like a sunblock and scented lotion in one.... love it!

Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Creme Lotion is fairly new. I use the SPF 50 & 30, but I am reviewing the SPF 50 in the can (not the bottle).Read complete review

We live in FL, and to be more specific, we live 1 mile from the ocean and live on a bay, so we're in the sun daily. We boat, fish and go to beach regularly, a couple times a week.

This is a product that I will continue to buy and use....and recommend.

The scent is so luxurious and tropical.

Absorption
This sunblock absorbs into your skin as any other sunblock would, however it is somewhat thicker than some of the other brands.

Longevity
I find that I do not have to reapply this product all the time and it works great, and keeps me feeling moisturized.

This product offers skin protection from the sun as well as nourishing antioxidants to pamper your skin while protecting it.

Ease of Application
The product in the can is a little thick, but I got used to it. I actually appreciate it now, a previous name brand I used to use was very runny.

Hawaiian Tropic creme lotion sunscreen smells great!

Hawaiian Tropic - I remember using it as a teen!  i bought this new product by Hawaiian Tropic -  Sheer Touch Creme Lotion.  i was drawn to the brand first of all.  Secondly, the packaging was appealing.  Lastly, I had a coupon and it was on sale!  With an SPF of 50 I was sure to be protected from the sun.  The first time I used this was right before a Noon championship soccer game in which my daughter was playing.  The Florida sun is brutal especially at high Noon.  Honestly I was surprised just how thick and creamy the creme lotion appeared.  The applictor tip is nice but I got much too much out of my squirt of the nozzle.  A little goes a long way!  It was very thick and almost too hard to rub in to the skin evenly.  This product smells very nice -- just like the beach.  I felt it did a good job of blocking the sun.  I did get a little burn that day but it was in an area I had not applied the sunscreen.  The bottle says it is very water resistant but I can't confirm as I was only sitting.

Love this stuff!

Comments about Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Creme Lotion SPF 50:

My daughter bought a bottle of this sunscreen, and I started using. I now love it. The first thing I noticed was how easy the dispenser was to use. I then noticed that it was very thick, so a little goes a long way. It made my skin soft and smooth immediately after applying. I also noticed the scent. It has a wonderful scent that is not too strong. The fact that it is SPF 50 is really nice, and I am especially glad that it is water resistant. I spend a lot of the time in the pool, and this sunscreen prevents me from getting burned. I do follow package directions and reapply every hour and a half.

Love it!

Absorption
Because it is so thick, it does take a little longer to absorb completely.

Longevity
The sunscreen works for about an hour and a half. The softening effects of the sunscreen last much longer than that.

No sunburns yet as long as I reapply regularly.

Ease of Application
I love this applicator! The sunscreen is much thicker than the spray-on versions.

Love this

Comments about Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Creme Lotion SPF 50:

It is an SPF and lotion in one. The perfect combination for anyone who spends a lot of time in the sun on those perfect summer days. It is spray-able which means that it goes on easy and stays on for ever. I do need something with more SPF in it but other than that this is perfect.

Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Creme Lotion

Comments about Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Creme Lotion SPF 50:

If you are looking for a sheer sunscreen, this product is not for you. This is quite possibly the thickest sunscreen I have ever put on. It goes on as a thick creme that is a little sticky and oily. However, it is not all bad. This sunscreen stay on very well. I would put in on before doing yard work, and it would stay on through all of the sweat and friction. I also put it on my 2 year old niece when she was playing in the kiddy pool and it definitely stayed on. It smells pretty nice and tropical like you would expect. Because it is so thick, I would not recommend putting it on your face unless you are a kid or have mature skin. I would break out so bad if I put this on my face, I'm sure of it. Like I mentioned, it is not sheer as advertised and remains thick on your skin for hours. I wouldn't want to wear this all day. It should be advertised at a thick sun and sport, because it is better at that than most of the actual waterproof sunscreens. The bottle is nice because it is metal and has a lid. You can throw it in your bag and not worry about it leaking or anything like that. The nozzle doesn't clog up and one bottle lasts forever. I used one bottle all summer long and it is still going strong. It is definitely effective. I had burnt tiger stripes on my back where I missed spots.

Hawaiin Tropic

from Daytona Beach, FL

Comments about Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Creme Lotion SPF 50:

I live in Daytona Beach, FL and have spent the better part of the last twenty-five years in the blistering sun. Personally, I do not use sun screen but I buy it all the time for my kids and any out-of-state visitors that are not used to the relentless heat that the Sunshine State has to offer. I have always loved Hawaiian Tropic products anyway and love the smell of the coconut suntan oil so getting me to try this did not take to much persuasion. My main concern was for my little boy who burns so easily even when I have smothered him in all different brands of sunscreen, but not with this stuff. It rubs on smoothly, feels non-greasy and quickly absorbs into the skin. We were at the beach for about eight hours and this stuff worked excellent. After my child got out of the shower that night, he had no burn at all and his skin felt baby soft. This is an excellent product and well worth the money. I recommend it to anyone that is looking for an effective sunscreen to use.

• Ease of Application:

Sunblock that protects your skin and makes you smell great.

Comments about Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Creme Lotion SPF 50:

This sunscreen is one of the best I have found as far as use, smell, application, how it feels on your skin.

The scent of this sunscreen is wonderful. It fully can replace any perfume. It is not a heavy scent, but just like you would imagine it.

Absorption
It takes a matter of moments and the sunscreen has soaked into your skin.

I am a very pale or light skinned person and I do not tan, I burn and freckle. While I had this on, I did not get any noticeable damage, so as far as effectiveness, it's pretty good.

Ease of Application
So easy to apply, the no excuse not to use it.

• Ease of Application:

Like a sunblock and scented lotion in one.... love it!

from Livin' on the edge of the world, FL

Comments about Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Creme Lotion SPF 50:

This is a product that I will continue to buy and use....and recommend.

The scent is so luxurious and tropical.

Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch is a nice new product

from Hawthorn Woods, IL

Comments about Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Creme Lotion SPF 50:

I recently tried the new Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Creme Lotion SPF 50 sunscreen. I have always liked the fragrance of the Hawaiian Tropic sun products because they truly do smell "tropical". I liked the fragrance of this new product as well and I liked the way it goes on like a luxurious lotion. It has a good consistency, rather light, and not heavy or greasy-feeling. It's a great product to take on vacation since it has a powerful sunscreen of SPF 50 which is about as high as they go. Unfortunately, I couldn't give the product five stars because I had a bit of a reaction. It kind of made my eyes water, almost like the paba products used to. I know that the sunscreen products no longer contain paba, but I did have a bad reaction to one of the ingredients in this Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen. One more thing that I did not like was it was a little hard to pump this product out of the bottle. I prefer sheer sprays.

Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Creme Lotion smells great and lasts!

from Ogden, UT

Comments about Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Creme Lotion SPF 50:

Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Creme Lotion SPF 50 is awesome for so many reasons.   I have very fair skin and tend to get sunburned with ridiculously regularity.  I tend to hate just about every sunscreen I try, since I don't like the smell or texture of most sunscreens, I'm quite picky about them. I picked up a bottle of Hawaiian Tropic SPF 50 right before  family camping trip this summer. Let's just say that where we were camping, in late June is unbelievably hot, humid, and sunny. I was outside in the hottest, brightest hours of the day for five days straight, and I didn't get sunburned. Not even a little bit. I only applied the sunscreen once or twice a day. It takes some time to rub it in, but the smell is nice, the lotion is creamy, and it's sweat- and water-proof. And, for sunscreen, the price is reasonable.  If you are picky about smells, especially those associated with sunscree, try this...I bet you'll like it!

hawaiian tropic brand is my favorite suncare brand ever!

from Panama City Beach , FL

Comments about Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Creme Lotion SPF 50:

THIS PRODUCT WORKRD GREAT! I HAVE RECOMMENDED IT TO SO MANY! I HAD SAMPLES TO SHARE WITH A BOTTLE I RECIEVED TO PRODUCT TEST AND I MUST SAY IT WORKS AND SMELLS WONDERFUL. I HAVE ALS TRIED THE NEW TANNING LOTION FOR HAWAIIAN TROPIC MADE IN SAME BOTTLE ECT, BUT ITS FOR DARK TANNING. I LIKE TO CATCH A TAN., I USED THE CREME LOTION ON MY FACE MOST OF THE TIME, THEN THE DARK TANNING LOTION ON BODY. BOTH PRODUCTS ARE MY NEW FAVORITE! THEY ARENT GREASY FEELING, THANK GOD! I HATE IT WHEN I FEEL ALL SLIMEY AND STICKY AND GREASY. WHEN AT THE BEACH, THE SAND DIDNT STICK TO ME LIKE OIL WOULD HAVE OR THER SUNBLOCKS. YOU GOTTA TRY FOR YOURSELF! ITS WORTH THE PRICE SEXY MAMAS!!!!

hawaiin tropic sheer touch a good choice for summer

from Republic, MO

Comments about Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Creme Lotion SPF 50:

hawaiin tropic is known for making sun block and suntan lotion so when they came out with a new line I had to try it. They came out with hawaiin tropic sheer touch creme touch and they claim skin-noirishing antioxidants, luxurious moisture, and very water resistant.This product is 50 uvb/spf with uva and has sunsure protection. it has a pleasent smell, i would say fruity, though the after sun lotion from this line is a better smelling. it goes on like lotion but thicker so that part is nice. there are a few things i would like to see changed to improve this product. one would be that its a little greasy which i don't like and also the design of the pump makes it hard to control the amount i always end up with more in my hand than I want. it does a good job protecting my skin when I'm out in the sun though. and it works great for in the water as well. though its a little greasy I think its well worth purchasing and would recomend it.