3.1

3.1

Pros

Cons

Great Juicer for the beginner

A few years ago I decided to start juicing in the morning and purchased the Hamilton Beach Health Smart Juicer because it wasn't as expensive as some of the other juicers. I have since moved on to a higher quality one with more options that I felt I needed. This is a relatively inexpensive juicer but I wouldn't call it cheap. It works well if you clean it well. Cleaning it is a task that I hated and I began hating it more and more each day but it was a small price to pay considering that I would have had to buy a new one if it broke from being clogged. The motor gave out on a friend of mine as they were not cleaning their juicer properly and were not pre-peeling some items. As long as you take care of it, it willl work well and help you go on a bigger b

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
For the most part the pulp did not get into the reservoir when I used it. I prefer a little pulp in my juice but there never really was a lot more than just a few errant pieces. It also made a nice froth to the juice as well. I liked this consistency a lot.

Stability While in Use
I never had a stability problem with this juicer while I was using it. Make sure you juice on a flat level surface though or you will not get all of the juice in the machine to go into the juice reservoir.

This is not an easy task to clean this juicer. The part of the machine where the juice is collected is very easy to clean out, you really just have to rinse it out. If you use soap, use insanely hot temperatures and just a tiny bit of soap, the plastic may take on the soapy taste and soapy juice is gross.

I had this juicer well over a year and worked well the whole time. You must clean it daily and you must get all the tiny little nooks and crevices or it will not function well. It also helps if you pre-peel and cut your fruits and veggies that have tough skins. Friends of mine bought the same juicer but did not clean it as meticulously and did not peel or cut their items and the motor broke.

Versatility/Number of Features
This is a juicer, it doesn't slice and dice and mince it just gets the juice out and it does its job very well.

This was the first juicer I ever owned and I liked it a lot as there was a separate container to collect the juice but it was an absolute pain trying to clean it out. I had to disassemble the whole unit daily and rinse it out. I highly suggest getting a sturdy bottle brush to clean it.

The Hamilton Beach Smart Juice Extractor is not what I expected

The Hamilton Beach Healthsmart Juice extractor is not what I expected when I bought a juice extractor. I was wanting to start juicing since it is all the rage, and besides I can always use the nutrients from the juice. I thought this appliance would be very easy to use and I would want to use it often. That could not be farther from the truth.

This appliance was very disappointing to me. I bought in on a friends recommendation. I no longer listen to that friend when it comes to recommending things anymore. The juicer is easy to use as stated but it is not worth the extra mess involved.

The first time I used the machine I thought I would try to make a V-8 style vegetable juice. My family loves this juice and I found a recipe that I was wanting to use to home can this juice. I followed all the directions as stated on the user manual. I started with the vegetable that produces the most juice first, the tomatoes. That was the biggest mess I have ever created. The pulp stayed where it was supposed to but the juice ran out of all the areas on the machine except the one place it was supposed to come out of. I went ahead & juiced my tomatoes thinking they were just to soft & that the other vegetables would be fine. Wrong again. The other seven vegetables that I used were just as messy.

Needless to say my Hamilton beach Healthsmart Juice extractor is sitting in my storage room collecting dust. I just don't feel right selling in a tag sale or giving it away.

I would not recommend this to anyone. One good thing though I believe this model is no longer being sold, or at least I hope not. The company has probably corrected this design flaw by now, but unfortunately I am soured on the entire idea of juicing at this time. Maybe in the future I will try one again. Maybe if I am given one as a gift I will feel obligated to try it again.

Hamilton Beach juice extractor

Comments about Hamilton Beach HealthSmart Juice Extractor:

I got on a health kick a few years ago and wanted to start juicing so I could cleanse my body. I bought this one simply because it was affordable and looked great. I went out and spent a lot of money on fruits and vegetables so I could try out some of the recipes it came with. I started with carrots and it barely juiced them! Not only that but I had to push them really hard through the top to get it to take. I thought it was because carrots are so hard so I tried strawberries and same thing. I had tons of the fruit sitting in the pulp collector and very little juice. Do not waste your money on this one.

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
It collects the pulp in a small bin. It does prevent the pulp from getting in the juice but most of the fruit and vegetable go in there too.

Stability While in Use
Didn't move around too much, seemed to be stable.

Lots of parts to clean and kind of a pain to put back together.

Seemed to be made of durable plastic and stainless steel.

Versatility/Number of Features
It has a separate pulp bin to collect the pulp and the top chute to push your produce through.

Looks very nice and small enough to easily store.

Great Juicer for the beginner

from Boston, MA

• Versatility/Number of Features:

Worked well for only a month

from Hayward, CA

Comments about Hamilton Beach HealthSmart Juice Extractor:

I expected a bit more from a Hamilton brand appliance and although this juicer worked well in the beginning (the first month), it has become more of a problem maker than anything else in the recent months. It is definitely showing its true colors, the motor is making a loud noise and I get a lot of chunks in my juice now even on the highest setting. Instead of clear liquids like from apples, I have getting more of a puree or smoothie type texture, which is fine if i am in the mood for smoothies but not for juices. This is also not the easier thing to clean because it has a lot of little nooks and crannies where fruit and vegetables can stick to. I will invest in a more expensive juicer next time.

Horrible Juicer

Comments about Hamilton Beach HealthSmart Juice Extractor:

I bought this juicer when I was going through a health quick and I thought this would be perfect for me.I know now that I should have done more research on this machine.I dont have a problem of how much juice I get its a fair amount.My main problem with this machine is the amount of pulp I get.It takes me about 40 minutes to clean it evredy time I use it. I started to cut the fruit into tiny pieces and this has reduced the pulp a little bit.But the amount of time I spend on cutting the fruit combined with the cleaning afterwards I think its ridiculous. I would not recommend this at all just save your money and buy another juicer.

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
Its an insane amount of pulp.

I guess its ok.

It take sme 40 minutes to clean.

Its ok.

This feature is ok.

It looks nice I think this is the only good thing about this juicer.

• Versatility/Number of Features:

great price for a juicer

from Boynton Beach, FL

Comments about Hamilton Beach HealthSmart Juice Extractor:

This is a great juicer for people who are unsure if they want to commit to a higher priced/ quality version. It juices a huge variety of fruits and vegtables.

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
If you juice a fiberous food like pineapple or carrots you will have a lot of pulp left over that still has juice in it.

It is stable.

This juicer makes a huge mess and the pulp goes everywhere. There are alot of foods that you wouldn't expect to have so much pulp that do.

It has lasted me over a year of onthly use.

Versatility/Number of Features
It is a juicer. It is sold as a juicer and does what it claims to do on the box.

It is a great starter juicer. It does not have any extra aspects to it but for the price it delivers what you pay for.

Hamilton Beach Health Smart Juice Extractor

from Jonancy, KY

Comments about Hamilton Beach HealthSmart Juice Extractor:

If you are trying to start out the new year more healthy. This is the item for you. It's a great way to get fresh juice. It's simple and easy to use. It seperates the pulp from the juice. Make fresh squeezed oj or mix it up with different fruits or even veggies. It's also easy to clean.

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
Seperates the pulp from the juice.

Stability While in Use
Very Stable I've had no problems with mine.

Very easy to clean. Comes apart for so you can clean it fast.

Very durable. I have not had any problems with mine.

Versatility/Number of Features
Has several different settings and easy to use.

Very nice design. Would look great in any kitchen.

• Versatility/Number of Features:

Works great, but using/cleaning is a big task!

from Sterling, VA

Comments about Hamilton Beach HealthSmart Juice Extractor:

I have to rate this as "satisfactory" because the product itself works VERY well at juicing...HOWEVER it takes so much preparation beforehand and way too much cleanup time to balance out as worth it. We got it to be healthier and I'd rather just use my cheap little blender for smoothies instead and be able to clean it in a snap.

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
As stated, it works very effectively. It does take a lot of chopping and a great deal of fruit/vegetables to get a little juice, but it does juice well.

Stability While in Use
Excellent stability - it is sturdy, thick, and strong. I've never had a problem with it shaking or moving.

This is the hardest kitchen gadget to clean out of all of them that I have owned (and I once had an insanely difficult-to-clean sandwich maker). The pieces are intricate and taking it apart and cleaning it takes much too much time and effort.

This machine is very strong. I wouldn't worry about it breaking.

Versatility/Number of Features
There are many ways you can use this - fruits, vegetables - and with different densities depending on your preference.

Very nice - clean lines, bright white. Looks lovely on a countertop.

Not the greatest juicer

from Itasca, IL

Comments about Hamilton Beach HealthSmart Juice Extractor:

I bought this juicer because I am trying to be healthier and thought this would be a great way to get myself to "eat" more fruit and get the benefits of the fruit. This juicer was priced nicely, but you also get what you pay for. As far as ease-of-use, it's only "ok". I think it could be doing a better job, as there is still "fruit" left in the fruit and I feel it should be able to soak out more juice. The unit is also a bit messy when using - I wish there was some type of "spill proof" or something that doesn't get the counter all wet/sticky. The unit is also not the easiest thing to clean. HOnestly, its seems like more of a hassel to use the thing than it's worth. Probably would not buy this again - too much effort for just a little glass of juice.

A good juicer

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Hamilton Beach HealthSmart Juice Extractor:

I like this juicer because it does a decent job of getting most of the juice out of fruits and vegetables. I like to make a lot at once because of the clean up time, however.

I wish the clean up time was less. There are many pieces to wash.

This is a well-made appliance. I think it will last a long time.

If it was lighter, it would be better.

Cheap yet Delicious!

Comments about Hamilton Beach HealthSmart Juice Extractor:

This juicer is one of the more affordable ones out there; however, you would not be able to tell that after using it. I use it to make a carrot, ginger, and parsley drink which turns out delicious! Juicing is a great way to start the new year off with a fresh and healthy start! It extracts all of the juice out of fruits/veggies and leaves the pulp behind. You then can use the pulp for healthy recipes, so it doesn't go to waste. The result of the juicing is a smooth, light texture and taste and it is used by most of our household members because you can alter the recipes and taste to whatever you like! Healthy has never been this easy!