Other Food Processors:

Hamilton Beach ChefPrep 10-Cup Food Processor

Pros

Cons

Beauty and Power....

I recently purchased the Hamilton Beach 10 cup food processor and must say i have fallen in love.  I have been doing research and looking at different food processor models,brands and the like for about a year now because i wanted just the right one for me.  You might be able to call me an excpert.  Almost anyway.

One thing that i really was looking for in a food processor was a large work bowl that i didn't have to pay a lot extra for.  I looked at many, many food processors that were reasonable...but they had *teensy, tiny* work bowls.  When you would look at the next bigger model the price would go WAY up.  The Hamilton Beach food processor has a massive work bowl and was still cheaper than the leading brands food processor with the *tiny* work bowl.

Another thing that i really like about the Hamilton Beach food processor is that the lid stores upside down.  It doesn't seem like a big thing untill you are trying to find space for you shiny new appliance.....and it doesn't fit under the counter because of the food feeding spout.  All of the accesories store neatly inside the upside down lid and the thing fits neatly under the shortest counter.

Now....lets talk about speed.  Boy, does this baby have speed!  There is a reason that they have suction cups on the base of this thing.  At first i thought "what in the world are those for?"  and then...i turned it on.  I do believe that if not for those suction cups, there would be a food processor shaped hole in my ceiling.  Just try explaining that one to the neighbors.  This thing chops, emulsifies and grinds just as well (maybe better) than those other food processors and it's a whole lot cheaper too.

All in all, i don't thing you could find another food processor that is a better value for your money.  It has all the features of the more expensive brands but you can still find all the buttons you need to turn it on.  I would highly recommend giving this as a gift (or gifting it to yourself) this holiday season.

Adequate performance at a very reasonable cost

This machine allows me to make many recipes I had given up because of arthritis.  I use it to make crumb toppings for pies, to mix doughs, to shred cheeses and vegetables, and to chop fruits and vegetables into uniform slices for canning and dehydrating.  I also use it turn leftover meat into sandwich spreads (chopping the meat, mixing in mayo and seasonsing, and so forth).  The food chute is large enough to handle sizeable pieces of food, so I don't even have to do much chopping by hand to use it.

D'Best

from New Jersey

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Durable
  • Easy To Use
  • Handles Tough Jobs

Cons

• Mincing Meat

Comments about Hamilton Beach ChefPrep 10-Cup Food Processor:

I love this food processor . I use it almost everyday. Its very easy to use and clean. It gets the hard jobs done for me.

Well worth the money!

Comments about Hamilton Beach ChefPrep 10-Cup Food Processor:

This works really well in my kitchen, and I'm very pleased with the performance. It has a large bowl and is versatile enough for all my cooking and baking needs, while also being very easy to assemble, break down, and clean. I would like to see a better variety of blades included, though that's a minor criticism.

Power
    It's not a professional or heavy duty unit, yet works very well for common kitchen tasks. Makes quick work of slicing quantities of vegetables. We've used it for grinding nuts with dried fruit for energy bars and it performed very well. I'm looking forward to cool weather and making pie crust in it!

Safety
    I haven't had any problems in this area.

Ease of Assembly
    Excellent performance in this category. The parts slide together and come apart smoothly, with no need to force them.

Very easy to clean, either by hand or in the top rack of the dishwasher. There aren't a lot of nooks and crannies for food to get trapped in, and a quick rinse with a soapy sponge usually gets it sparkling clean.

Haven't had it long enough to judge this properly, though it seems sturdy enough to last a long time.

• Ease of Assembly:

Amazing food processor for the price.

Comments about Hamilton Beach ChefPrep 10-Cup Food Processor:

I have never owned a food processor before and decided to buy this one because it was not too expensive. I figured I would use this one and see if it was really something I would use on a regular basis and then upgrade if I used it enough. I love this food processor! I am so happy with this food processor. I don't know how I survived without a food processor before. I use this food processor almost daily.

The food processor comes with two different blades: 1 blade for chopping/blending and 1 blade that shreds or slices depending on what direction the blade is put into the canister. The large canister makes it easy to make large batches or to shred large amounts of vegetables. I used to shred vegetables with a hand shredder but not any more. This is such a time saver.

Power
    This food processor has good power. It can make almonds into butter in a matter of minutes.

Safety
    I would consider the safety not as good as I would like for this product. The food processor has small suction cups on the bottom of it to help keep it in place. The suction cups on it are not strong enough for the amount of power the food processor has. The unit tends to jump around and needs to be held down for the first minute when chopping things up. It would be nice if it had something more reliable to hold it down.

Ease of Assembly
    This unit is very easy to assemble. There are only a couple of pieces and everything goes together very well.

The unit comes apart easily and there are not very many parts which makes it easy to clean. There is one spot at the top of the canister where food can slip in when the unit is running. This area is slightly difficult to get clean but not impossible with a good sprayer. I am not concerned with not getting the unit clean enough but it is more work to clean out that one area than it is to clean everything else.

This unit is made well. We make a lot of nut butters with it and it is standing up to this very well.

• Ease of Assembly:

Inexpensive but great quality processor

Comments about Hamilton Beach ChefPrep 10-Cup Food Processor:

I purchased this processor after I had an older model for more than 10 years and the attachment that holds the blades got stuck and broke. Did my research and compared prices on different websites and read good reviews about it. There is an improvement in the design which makes it more appealing than the older model.

Power
    We use a processor for everything in preparing food - chopping, shredding, slicing. The processor is powerful and fast. We do a lot of canning and in the past used our Kitchen aid attachment but this year we decided to try the processor and it did a wonderful job. Since it is lightweight, it was a breeze. The only thing we changed is running the batches in certain intervals of time since I was afraid it may cause overheating. It did the same quality job as the Kitchen aid without having to move it and mount the different attachments.

Safety
    The suction cups on the bottom make it not to move or having need to hold it. So far, it has been used for vegetables and couple times for nuts and everything is fine.

Ease of Assembly
    Easy to store and assemble.

I wash the bowl by hand. It is dishwasher safe but I prefer not to use the it in it. Be very careful with the disks since they are very sharp. To remove the particles stuck in them use a brush

So far so good. I hope that this one will last as long as the older model. For the price of it, I am not worried if I would have to replace it in a few years.

Wonderful Food Processor

from Kansas City, Missouri

Comments about Hamilton Beach ChefPrep 10-Cup Food Processor:

This is a wonderful food processor. I bought it with the intention to just mainly make myself Hummus and it does it absolutely wonderfully, the kids love how creamy it comes out, and how great the food processor works at breaking up the chick peas, so much so that you can't tell that they were whole at one time. Clean up is extremely easy, as the food does not stick of the food processor, and you can easily rinse off the food left over on the sides in just a few seconds. I've also used it to shred and slice veggies too and it can't be simpler to use, less time consuming compared to slicing up the the veggies yourself. The other day I shredded potatoes for hash browns and they were the absolute perfect size! It also purees food wonderfully, couldn't ask more from this product. The main reason I bought this product was because I read the reviews of others and as always with most Hamilton Beach items it's a great price!

• Ease of Assembly:

Vit-Mix Blender & Food Processor-top quality.

Comments about Hamilton Beach ChefPrep 10-Cup Food Processor:

Excellent! The best I have ever owned. Highly recommended for the best results. Puree results are very smooth, even with nuts.

Power
    Excellent. Very powerful motor.

Simple.

Just add some water, turn it on and it cleans itself.

It seems to be very solid and sturdy.

• Ease of Assembly:

I LOVE THIS FOOD PROCESSOR!

from Woonsocket, RI

Comments about Hamilton Beach ChefPrep 10-Cup Food Processor:

I have never owned or used a food processor before, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I do LOVE this one. I bought it because I thought I would need the 10-cups and I'm glad I did because it handles both large and small volumes of food nicely. I use it on a regular basis and have not have any problems at all although using the Pulse took a little practice to get the size I needed because the motor is pretty powerful. I use it regularly for salsa, tuna, chicken, and egg salad, shredding cheese, pureeing tomatoes, etc. It's super easy to clean and goes right into the dishwasher. I love the look of it and I actually keep it out on my countertop, since I use it so often. My only regret is not getting one sooner!

Hamilton Beach food processor

from Deltona, FL

Comments about Hamilton Beach ChefPrep 10-Cup Food Processor:

Love it, love it. Love it. It has these suction cups to hold it from walking all over the table. It is quick, and has blades so I can cut cheese and not make mush. It works great for carrots too which tend to be hard. I love this food processor and it is big enough to put 10 cups in without spilling over.

Beauty and Power....

from Hector, MN

Comments about Hamilton Beach ChefPrep 10-Cup Food Processor:

Grat machine..coming from a former Cuisenart owner!!

from Berkeley, CA

Comments about Hamilton Beach ChefPrep 10-Cup Food Processor:

The Hamilton Beach 70770 is a fabulous food processor. It was obliviously designed by folks who used to have Cuisenart's and knew their flaws inside and out. Don't get me wrong, I am a former Cuisenart owner myself. The Hamilton Beach Food Processor addresses many flaws that accompany the legend of the Cuisenart.

The Hamilton Beach Features:

- Sleek design, appealing to the eye

- Large 10 cup capacity

- Oversized feed chute

- Easy to clean components

- A powerful 525 Watt motor

- Suction cup feet to prevent sliding

- Reversible blades for more slicing options

- Easy access controls

- Pulse and steady on positions

- Dishwasher safe components

Don't be fooled by the price, this is a quality processor. The first thing I used it for was to chop top sirlion into hamburger. It worked flawlessly. I would highly reccomend this food processor to the cost concious, quality driven consumer.