Other Ice Cream Makers:
Hamilton Beach
68330R
Hamilton Beach 4 QT Ice Cream Maker

Hamilton Beach 4 QT Ice Cream Maker

Hamilton Beach Ice Cream Maker is awesome!

from Gainesville, VA

Comments about Hamilton Beach 4 QT Ice Cream Maker:

I am an ice cream lover! So, several years ago I decided to learn how to make my own! This way, I can always have it on hand!! Well, this Hamilton Beach Ice Cream maker is pretty nice. It is easy to use, the instructions are simple and clear! The instructions even show you the conversion for sweetner! How nice is that!!! The parts come apart easily for use and for cleaning.

I love the fact that within 1 hour I can have ice cream! It will be soft, but I can change the amount of ice and salt for a firmer ice cream. I can even keep the ice cream for up to 2 weeks in the freezer. Actually, I have stretched it past two weeks with no problem. I would not push it much beyond three weeks though.

Cleanup is a breeze. Just wipe off the motor & wash the other pieces and you are done! Ready for your next batch.

The machine will make both cooked and noncooked recipes. Be sure to keep the manual - there are lots of recipes. My favorite? Cookie & Cream! YUM!!!

Homemade Ice Cream Made Simple

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Hamilton Beach 4 QT Ice Cream Maker:

We are going on our first summer using our Hamilton Beach 4 QT Ice Cream Maker 86330R. It is a great ice cream maker and a great value. Really, there is no ice cream that beats homemade ice cream and this ice cream maker makes it so simple to make your own ice cream. No hand cranking needed, follow the recipe on the ingredients and mixing them, put them into the canister, load in the ice and rock salt around it, put on the motor and plug it in. Wait for 40 minutes or so, depending on the ice cream and you will have delicious creamy homemade ice cream! This ice cream maker is a bit noisy but that's the only big downside I see to this appliance. It's made well, a good price and simple to use. Definitely check out the Hamilton Beach 4 QT Ice Cream Maker to easily make ice cream at home.

Creamy Ice Cream goodness

from Sugar Grove, IL

Comments about Hamilton Beach 4 QT Ice Cream Maker:

I LOVE this ice cream maker!  My husband purchased a soft serve Cuisinart ice cream maker for Christmas last year, and after several tries of liquid ice cream, ended up returning it for this model.  We could not be happier!  This uses the old fashioned rock salt and ice, and honestly, it's the only way to get the ice cream to come out the way it should.

It comes with a recipe book containing simple ice cream and custard recipes that you can make, or add to them for a little more variety.  My family has had a blast concocting recipe's of our own as well.  Not a bad batch of ice cream yet.  You can store leftover ice cream in an airtight container for up to a week, but it never lasts that long in our house.

It's not as messy as some people have reviewed as long as you keep the salt in a pourable container, there's usually not a problem.  I use a measuring cup and it works fine.  Clean up is very easy too, not like some other units with spouts.  Very simple, but works EVERY time.