Other Smartphones:
HTC
X310E
HTC Titan Smartphone

HTC Titan Smartphone

Same issues as any Sprint phone.

I have owned my Moguel for about 5 months now, and though I do like it, there are some issues that I could do without.  Be aware of freezing when calls are incoming.  Yes, as you tap the screen or press the talk button, the phone may freeze, leaving you unable to answer the call.  Sometimes the screen with freeze when it is closed or open.  The battery life doesn't last as long as you would expect.  You can not send picture mail to other cell phones unless you are sending via e-mail. Storage has said it was full and could not operate the camera until programs were ended.  When ending programs, the issue continued. I even took the battery off and let it set a minute and restarted. Needless to say, I was unable to get the picture I wanted.

On a better note, it does have a good microphone and speaker. There are many options. I love having the microsoft software.  I love the contacts and the touch screen features. The sliding is a nice cosmetic. But makes it near impossible to text and drive.  Take that how ever you want...(good or bad)

I would recommend this phone to someone who is a busy person and has a lot to keep track of.  This is not a "Teenager phone" or a "cool stuff" phone. The Moguel is more for busy moms and dads and working people who have a large agenda and many contacts.

The phone varies on cost, depending on your customer status with Sprint.

Great PDA if you like the wait time!

The HTC MOGUL is an awesome phone.  It runs windows mobile, internet explorer, has powerpoint, word, excel and so much more.  It's touch screen plus it slides open to a full keypad.  It's really user friendly.  I got mine used without a users manual and it took me approximately 2 weeks to learn how to use all its features.  It also can access your wireless internet with the switch of a button.  This phone is great for someone on the go who doesn't have the time to take out a huge bulky laptop to jot down a few notes or check to see what their bank account balance is.

MY BIG PROBLEM with this phone is its lag time.  Almost all PDA's from sprint have a lag.  The htc mogul is no acception.  It has a lag when you text with the fullpay and a small lag when you text from the touch screen.  Another problem is, it's hard to find a case that fits this phone.  To overstep this dilema, I put the aftermarket protection stickrs on the body of the phone and used screen protectors.  Also the phone has a very short battery life.  If being used, it lasts maybe 2 hours.  Oh and if you're roaming, it depletes that life by 25%.

The mogul gets a C+ in my book.

Great phone/pocket pc, just a few drawbacks...

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about HTC Titan Smartphone:

This phone works perfectly for what I need, the pda functionality is great but the reception is only acceptable (this may be a Sprint issue, not the phone).  I can check my e-mail, send texts, edit invoices and e-mail them directly to customers, keep my appointments and tasks organized, and keep myself occupied when I am sitting somewhere waiting.  There are many applications available for the phone, but accessories are somewhat limited.  It will accept up to a 4 gig micro SD card.  The battery life is not good, if you use the device regularly throughout the day it won't make it, get a good car charger, Sprint has one that doubles as a car and home charger.   All in all, this is a good phone for business people, a bit much for the average person.

Great PDA if you like the wait time!

from Ancram, NY

Comments about HTC Titan Smartphone:

The mogul gets a C+ in my book.

Mighty Sprint Mogul

from Kirksville, MO

Comments about HTC Titan Smartphone:

This phone is truly a powerhouse despite its size and appearance. It hold a 400Mhz cpu with 64 MB of RAM. It wasn't intially compatible with Sprint's EVDO Rev A network, but a later update made it so. The screen is a cool 2.8" resistive touch screen that works just fine with either your fingers or the supplied stylus. The phone runs Windows Mobile 6 OS but you can put custom Roms on the phone to run Windows Mobile 6.1 or 6.5 if you wanted, although the phone wasn't intented to have them. That's another thing that makes the phone so awesome, is the fact that there are so many custom ROMS avaiable that have their own special features and offerings, to enhance the phone. The phone also has GPS so you can run programs like TomTom on it.

The battery life is below average though, but that I guess is expected of a internet connceted smartphone. There is also no 3.55 mm heaphone jack so you have to either use HTC's default headphones or buy an awkward adapter to use with it.

All in all, this is a great starting phone to own and get customizing.

Probably the best phone ever; even today with EVO and TP II out

from Metairie, LA

Comments about HTC Titan Smartphone:

This is one of the many HTC series phones and the first HTC phone I had in the series for which I have written a review for everyone of them.  I went from the HTC Mogul to the TP I to the T Diamond to the Touch Pro II to the Evo and back to the TP II.

I think the best feature of this phone was by far all the extra hardware keys that were built on the device which allowed to open multiple functions with the touch of a button without having to scroll through menu after menu in the later devices TPII/EVO inclusive.  I was really disappointed that HTC removed all the extra keys because it really did make for a unique experience that has not been rivaled by any of the subsequent offerings whatsoever!

So why did I get rid of it...eyestrain!   I needed a phone with a bigger screeen and so eventually setteled on the TP II.  If this phone had a nice sized screen it was def. a keeper.

The Mogul is a decent phone

from Johnson City, TN

Comments about HTC Titan Smartphone:

The HTC Mogul is pretty easy to use as far as new phones go. I loved mine. Its strong, durible, and can take a beating. I have a bad habit of dropping my phones and have broken many that way. But my Mogul held up to the treatment I gave it. I loved the full keyboard and figuring it out was the only difficult part of my experience with the phone. I did fine one downfall, its a huge phone that runs like a computer so it takes a lot of juice to run it. The battery life was not that long and I found I had to charge my phone at least once a day, and i usually just left it on the charger when i was home. My car didnt have the power to charge the thing either, so if you have an older model car Id say just forget about paying for a car charger. Besides from the massive batterey drain though its a great phone. Id recommend it if you have an accident prone/irrisponsible teen that has a habit of dropping things (or if you have that problem as well). Im not exectly sure how much it costs (I got mine for a steal from a freind) so I cant give any advice on that factor. But I recommend you get a cell plan that doesnt charge an arm and a leg for interent capability on your phone. I feel theres no point in getting a phone like this unless you use all the features and this one revolves alot around the internet.

The htc mogul 6800 is a great phone!

from Marion, IL

Comments about HTC Titan Smartphone:

There is only one bad thing about the HTC mogul from sprint and that is that it is not easy to send picture messages. Most phones have a picture message fuction that makes it simple to send pictures to friends and family but if you plan on doing any picture messaging with the HTC mogul you had better know the cellular carrier of who you are wanting to send a picture to. Then you have to send it in the form of an email by typing in their full ten digit phone number followed by the "@" and then the long confusing name like vzwpix.com which is what you would use to send to a verizon customer. It is such a pain but worth it because the rest of the phone is just plain awesome! Every sound comes loud and clear so it makes a great mp3 player that everyone can hear and enjoy. It only recently has started to act up but heck, Ive had it for over a year now so I'd say that is just right. All in all it is one of the best phone i have ever owned!

I absolutely love this phone.

from Fort Lee, VA

Pros

Cons

Comments about HTC Titan Smartphone:

If you travel and always on the go then this phone is for you.  This phone has a touch screen, it has a calendar, calculator, mp3 player, wifi.  You can also have mutilpul ring tones for each contact that you have stored in your phone book.  It comes with preloaded games for hours of fun in which you can also download more games from the internet and store them on your phone.  You can take some outstanding pictures with color and you can also put backgrounds on them as well.  It has Sprint TV.  You can sign onto MSN messenger.  It has it's own sofware store to purchase items for your phone.  It is voice dialing activated.  You can lock your phone so just in case you have somebody that likes to snoop through your phone you can set your own numerical or alpha-numerical password.  It is JAVA enabled so you can access games from pogo if you like to play games.  The list goes on and on .  This is a really good phone at such a good price.

This smartphone is great.

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about HTC Titan Smartphone:

The HTC Mogul is a great smartphone which is easy to use touchscreen or using a tablet pen to navigate easier.  Also the phone has windows office applications like Microsoft word, excel, access, etc. Text messaging, email, web capable.  The problem with this phone is the web is slow.  I am thinking of switching to ATT and get the iPhone 3g.

Good choice for Spint network

from Lapeer, MI

Comments about HTC Titan Smartphone:

although many new touch phone are coming out all the time this model is great for personal or business use.

It is compareable to many of the new cell phones on the market that currently offer touch screens.

Personal/Business downside: smaller screen than newer touch screen.

Upside/Business: Documents to go updated windows version.

Great phone worth the buy.

from Reno, NV

Comments about HTC Titan Smartphone:

The Mogul Cell Phone from Sprint is an awesome phone. I love how simple it is to have my email download automatically and how simple the email setup was. It is super useful when I am away from home and would like to check my email. It is simple to manage multiple email accounts, I don't know how many it can hold but I currently have about 5 email accounts set up. Only one that downloads every 2 hours. The others on manual download. Plus the qwerty keyboard is very nice to have since I am a texter and all. It also includes word, excel, and powerpoint. Which is nice because I can type up a report for school while on a road trip, email it to myself, and just fix up all the formatting when I get home. Also, it reads PDFs as well. There is so much coolness about this phone I love it! I more than likely will not even be upgrading it in two years. Its that nice. It also does have Windows Media Player and a camera. This picture quality is not the best but when can you expect from a phone. I was really upset at first because I had no idea how to get ringtones since they can not be purchased from sprint.com. You can simply use the music you transfer to your phone as the ringtones. So that is pretty awesome. The battery life is not that great, If I am lucky I can get it to last a day. I have had no trouble with reception, Sprint is amazing.