3.9
HTC Smartphone

HTC Smartphone

3.9

LOVE this phone!

I am a previous employee of TMobile, so I was able to purchase my Wing at a lower cost than retail. I LOVE this phone! It has a touch screen and a slide out keyboard. It's VERY easy to text on. It works on the Microsoft platform, so if you are able to use a computer, you'll know your way around this phone in MINUTES! I can write Word doccuments on it, use Excel and Power Point! There are excellent downloads available for this product. My Wing is about 2 years old, and most people update their phone even more frequantly than that. My phone still works WONDERFLY and I don't want anything else!

I don't recomend the T-mobile Wing cell phone to anyone.

I have been the owner of a T-mobile wing cell phone for a little over a year now.  I was very excited when I first got it but after a couple of months I was very displeased with it.  Some of the features were great I do however enjoy the fact that it comes with a stylus pen. which means I could also use the tip of my nail to navigate around the screen. The phone comes with windows mobile and has windows media player but the battery does not last long when you listen to music and you cannot lock your phone when listening to music. Which causes excessive use of the battery and possibly use of some features you may not even notice while it is in your pocket.

The phone also freezes on me alot. Missed calls and alot of errors. The camera has alot of features that are unnecessary. Once you have taken a picture you cannot zoom in. Although there is no time limit on the videos as in most phones the video is not clear and skips alot. It runs out of internal memory very quickly and even though you may have a gig free on your memory card if the memory is full in the phone you cannot send or recive MMS messages.

Overall I don't like this phone. Many of my friends who had it told me not to get it and I should have listened.

I would not recommend the T-mobile wing to anyone!

from Ozark, AL

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

When it comes to new cell phones I have to have it!! I have had the T-mobile Wing since it came out. At first I loved it!! It was a great phone!!! Everything you could possibly ever need in a phone. Even though T-mobile does not have service everywhere you need it to pick up I love it.  I have had T-mobile service for the last 10 years. But about the phone. Like I said I loved it at first. But know the screen is still fine But the back that covers the battery will not stay on and the stylus will not stay in the phone.  One of my buttons just broke off and the phone was just in my purse.  All the applications that I have on it work fine and I have had no problem with them.

THE WING IS GOOD FOR TEXTING

from Richmond, VA

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

The Wing by T-Mobile. The Wing phone  is great for texting. The qwerty board is excellent if you perfer typing over one stroke key at a time. It also store words that are commonly used by the texter, which is great because you only have to tap on the word instead of typing  the complete word out.

The Wing is also compatable for internet connection , which is great for checking emails when you're on the go. Also the Wing can be plugged directly into your pc and you don't have to pay for extra internet service as long as you pay for that feature on your phone.

Another great feature of the Wing is that the pictures were pretty good, and easy to access the recording features. Being able to send video post cards is an excellent feature.

The downside of the Wing is that it's not built to last. It could be battery life gets shorter, or phone has a tendency to freeze, which could result to not being able to use the phone at all. And that could mean you could lose all your information that was not stored onto your sim card.

I don't recomend the T-mobile Wing cell phone to anyone.

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

the t-moblie wing will fly you away

from Lancaster, TX

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

The T-Mobile Wing is the first touch screen phone i have ever had. It took some getting use to at first but I have had it for roughly two years now. Let's talk about the shell that it is in. That shell is almost like a rubber basketball. If I happen to drop it, the almost bounces right back into it's case holder.  Instead of having a MP3 player the phone comes with windows media player so, Yep you guessed it, the T-Mobile Wing has the windows xp application. Now the only down side to the wing is that the memory is short. You must purchase another memory card to hold all of the good stuff. It is good to power off the phone everyday to keep everything running smoothly.  As far as dropping calls which is probably more about the network than it is the phone however, I can talk for at least two hours before it needs to be charged. Now of course that is two hours straight. Oh and I forgot to mention the oh so stylish stylus.  It's perfect for the club or business when getting contact information. The amount of contacts that it actually does hold seems somewhat limitless because I have yet to max out. Yes, yes, yes my phone does receive alot of admiration and i even think T-Moblie built the G something based off of the wing's design. Same screen cut just before the function keys to answer the phone, same sliding feature with the keyboard behind it without the bulckiness and Bam there you have it! ha ha...clever are they not?!

I would be lost without my Tmobile Wing Cell phone

from La Vergne, TN

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

The tmobile Wing was a little tricky to learn to use.  But once I figured it out I loved it.  I can access my email and the web and the calendar feature that shows your to do's on your main page is a must have!

Great all around phone. You have Touch screen & buttons.

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

I have "The Wing," by T-Mobile. I have had this phone for about a year. I've never had any problem with this phone. I play solitaire and bubble breaker for hours. I write my grocery list on notes. I also write all the meds on notes for the doctor visits. Its like a palm pilot in a way. I also have for appointments section which I use too. Has a calendar by day, week and month. It has a calculator that I use all the time for sales % off. This phone is window base touch tone also can use as buttons slides to punch text in the keyboard. You have two ways its cool. The camera is awesome. The quality is so clear. I'm very happy with this phone even with the new phone that came out for T-Mobile " G1." I will keep The Wing till it doesn't work any more!!!

T-mobile wing is the most easy phone I've used

from Honolulu, HI

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

The T-mobile wing is the best phone I've ever owned.  I bought this phone so I could read e-books for college classes formatted on adobe instead of buying a separate reader.  Another bonus is the T-mobile wing includes Microsoft Office (mobile version) and OneNote for my workbooks.  I just plug it in my desktop at home and I can retrieve all the work, ideas, and notes with a few clicks of the mouse.  The only drawback is that the T-mobile wing is very slow when accessing the internet.

One phone to almost do it all.

from Wendell, ID

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

I've had my Tmobile Wing for several months now and I like it very much. Tmobile doesn't have the best coverage, but it does fine when you're in populated areas. My house, however, is not in a populated area and we get dropped calls frequently.

The phone itself is great. It's a bit on the slow side, with limited memory, however,some tweaking (overclocking, editing a memory file, etc) does a good job of making the phone more usable. It comes with Windows Mobile 6, which is an improvement over Windows Mobile 5, with the exception of the removal of the Remote Desktop client. An upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.1 is available from T-mobile.

Texting is a breeze on the slide-out keyboard. The ability to natively edit Word, Excel, and Powerpoint files is a big plus, but an auto-synchronization with the document on your desktop would be even better.

There are a few bells and whistles that are missing, such as built-in gps capability, or wireless sync, but all in all the phone is quite adequate. The ability to use Activesync to sync with your desktop makes it a cut above other smartphones like the Iphone and G1.

LOVE this phone!

from League City, TX

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

Decent phone, the customer service good

from Ozone Park, NY

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

Tmobile has great customer service, but their network and phones need improvement. Although they have the right ideas with phones that are fun, cool, have internet access, mp3, etc. They need to improve their internet speed as well as improve their network so that dropped or frozen calls dont occur as much.