View more tablets

HP TouchPad Tablet

Pros

Cons

LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!!!

I got the touchpad as a gift I originally wanted and ipad, but after getting the touchpad and comparing them I'm happy I chose the touchpad. It's cheaper than the ipad, but it dooes the exact same thing that the ipad does and it have less glitches in the system. I take this thing every where. It's been a great help and I don't have to drag my laptop with me every where and that's a big plus.

Battery Life
The battery life great I could charge it and work for at least 4 or 5 hours without having to put it on it's charger.

Processing Speed
I think the processing speed depends on what type of service you have. If I took it to the library it was kind of slow, but when I had it at home or at my friend's house and connected it via wifi it was extremely fast.

Weight
The touchpad has a good weight to it, its not extremely heavy at all which is one of the qualities that I like about it. You can put it in your purse or an over sized bag and it won't weigh it down.

App Availability
The app store for the touchpad is great! It's easy to use and it has apps for everything. I love to cook and learn new lanuages and had a variety of apps to choose from. My son also love to use the touchpad so I downloaded alot of educational apps from him to use.

I like the desing of the touchpad it reminds me of a little writing tablet, but the screen is big enough so you can read books and other materials online without hurting your eyes.

This thing was built to last I love the hard exterior that's on it. My son has dropped it a few times and it hadn't affected it at all, although I wouldn't recommend dropping it.

Simple use, not much apps for you to use.

It's cheap when I bought them, I bought 3 of them. One for kitchen, just listen to Pandora and check recipes which is mounted under the kitchen cabinet. Another one is for my daughter to use it in the car, like watch Dora and play games. The pictures' quality is really good. The design for unlock the screen and how to close windows which are pretty cool. Surprise me that HP is still doing updates once in awhile. The sound quality is good since it's just a tablet.

Now let me talk about the bad thing about this tablet. Not good if you want to use other language on this. I would like to type Chinese on it, but there is no way I can do that.
Their apps are not many to choose from either. Really limited.
If you have a cover to protect the tablet, the cover will block the sensor on the tablet and make the screen darker automatically.

So far I just remember these, I will update more later. For the cheap price, if you want to use something like reading books, watch movies, do simple things on this tablet, that's possibly good enough. If not, I don't recommend this product.

HP touchpad is the best

from Valley Stream, NY

Comments about HP TouchPad Tablet:

This tablet does not cost a fortune and does what any other tablet or device can do email, apps, pictures\videos, internet WiFi etc. The battery life is good if you keep the brightness at a reasonable light it lasts for hours. Its lightweight and efficient. However, it only gave me one or two problems but nothing I couldn't call customer service for to get fixed right away.

App Availability
Good apps but can do much better if there was more selection

• App Availability:

HP TouchPad Tablet - Great for every age!

from Tallahassee, FL

Comments about HP TouchPad Tablet:

I love this tablet! It's a perfect size and I'm very happy with all the amazing things that it can do!

Battery Life
We have played movies on this tablet for hours in the car and still have tons of battery life life left.

Processing Speed
This tablet is very quick at opening everything.

Weight
It seems like it could be just a bit lighter, but it isn't heavy by any means.

App Availability
TONS of apps available! I had no idea until my husband showed me all the different things the tablet can do. We play movies, games, and even my 3 year old can read her own interactive books, play connect the dots, interactive, and also educational games! I'm in love with all of the apps on this product.

It's a nice design. Very sleek, though I think it could be a little thinner.

I just keep it in it's case and it has withstood a few drops and works just fine!

HP Touchpad is fun

from Hampton, VA

Comments about HP TouchPad Tablet:

The HP touchpad is a mutli-media tablet. You can surf the web, check email, read books, listen to music, and play games on this device. The Hp Touchpad operates on the WebOS system, which HP is no longer developing. As a result this device is not for sale new anymore. However, you can buy one used online. The device is fun to play with, but does have some compatibility issues. The operataing system is not widely used, therefore many programs will not work on the device. It is a good , fast device for entertainment purposes.

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about HP TouchPad Tablet:

The main drawback of this tablet is definitely the weight as it is pretty heavy. Another drawback is the webos system but that can be fixed. I currently have the android loaded on the tablet and I love it. The battery is not bad and last for at least 3 full-lenght movies. Since I use it for travel, it is all I need.

Too heavy

App Availability
Well, I have the android on it and only that way I can get all the apps I want!

I like it

I have it for 1.5 years and have not broken down yet!

using this right now

from Yonkers, NY

Comments about HP TouchPad Tablet:

I'm typing this review on my HP touch pad, its a great tablet, not iPad 3 quality but still handles the internet really well and you can also download android by looking for it on the web , all in all the HP touchpad is a fun easy to use tablet with great sound

My first tablet

Comments about HP TouchPad Tablet:

I own this tablet for almost 2 years now. I like the way it is designed and also how user friendly it is. This is the most affordable tablet and worth the money too. The touch screen is so sensitive which gives so much ease using it. One problem that I have experienced is that my charger pin broke due to mishandling while the device is charged. So give some extra care while the device is charged.

• App Availability:

Great if you use it as an android tablet.

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about HP TouchPad Tablet:

I have had this for about a year now. I managed to get it on major sale when HP was clearing them out. I would only recommend this if you are planning to use it with an android platform and not HP. Wonderful audio and great size. Lightweight too. Would recommend to a friend.

• App Availability:

HP Touchpad is the best tablet

from New York, NY

Comments about HP TouchPad Tablet:

I've own the 16gb version of the HP touchpad for more than a year now. In my own opinion, HP touchpad beats many other android based tablets in terms of design and interface. HP touchpad uses the Webos as its operating system. The interface is really good. It's sleek, clean, and easy to navigate. It gives you the ability to stack apps as cards and line them up (in any order you want). Touch the one you like and it will maximize on the screen. You touch the button on the tablet to minimize it back to the stack of cards. You close it by swiping the card in the up or down direction. The sound from the speakers are extremely good. It's loud and clear. Battery life is superb. I charged it fully in the morning and I am able to use it until late evening. If you leave it on without using it, power lasts a couple of days. Although the screen size is only 9.7 inches, it actually displays more than other tablets with 10.1 inches screens. For example, it displays the whole webpage of a site while my 10.1 -inch Asus transformer Android tablet displays only half of the same webpage. The screen is bright and displays everything clearly. Touch is very responsive as well. The worst thing about the HP touchpad is that it's lacking a lot of apps that are available to Android and IOS. Webos is officially a dead OS and not many will continue to write apps for it. That's the only reason I bought the Asus transformer tablet. However, I think WebOs on the Touchpad is better than Android on the Transformer when not comparing with their apps.

What do we call it now?

from Callaway, VA

Comments about HP TouchPad Tablet:

We have owned our touchpad for about a year now. For about 10 months used the palm operating system, and though I liked many things about it found the internet connection kept dropping. Also missed out on the selection of apps available on android and apple tablets. Now we converted it to an android platform and love it! My kids call it an ipad, we still it call it a touchpad but now that we run android on it we are trying to come up with a hybrid name!

• App Availability:

Not impressed by this gadget

from La Crescenta, CA

Comments about HP TouchPad Tablet:

Cool a new tablet! No! This tablet does not operate so simply. The icons do not make sense where they are placed and I have difficulty touching the screen to type in what I need. I cannot just open up a screen to get to the internet. I feel like there are so many secret entry ways and nothing makes sense to me. Battery life goes quick on this and I am so disappointed by this product that it just is sitting in my closet.