4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

• App Availability:

Great device, not so great price.

While the performance & design of the iPad 3 are very elegant, it really doesn't bring anything new to the table. For a customer who has the iPad 2, I'd say hold off on upgrading for now. You're not missing out on much. For someone who is thinking of getting a tablet, I'd recommend shopping around first. They're are plenty of quality products at a lesser price that offer much more customization options that may suit you better. The main feature of iOS in my opinion, is the app selection. Apple is known for having the largest selection in the industry, but you can still find almost all the important stuff on the ever expanding Google Play Store via an Android device. The iPad 3 does offer a brilliant Retina display for stunning images & video as well as front & rear facing cameras for capturing all those special moments in life. The sound from the speakers is good, but not great, but with tons of options for Bluetooth, Airplay & other streaming options, the on board speakers should not be an issue. In the end, the iPad 3 is a solid device with an intuitive interface. Battery life and processor speeds are both very good and the device is light weight. The price tag on the other hand, isn't so light weight.

Battery Life
Battery life on the iPad 3 is very good however for the price people are paying, I'd like to see something much better. If we are expected to pay the high price of a premium device, it should have premium battery life. It's not exactly portable if it has to be plugged into the charger a lot of the time.

Processing Speed
The Processor on the iPad 3 is very good. But if you're about to dish out the money for this tablet, I'd recommend going with the new iPad 4 which offers double the processing speeds as the iPad 3. For those who want to save a few bucks by going with the iPad 3, I would say that the processor would do just fine with the regular jobs as well as some light multi-tasking.

Weight
I was a bit disappointed with the weight of the iPad 3, as it was a bit heavier than the iPad 2. I mean, we are supposed to be getting lighter as we go, aren't we? That is not to say that the device is heavy by any means. But if you plan on laying in bed cuddled up with a good e-book, it will become quite cumbersome really quick.

App Availability
Apple has done a wonderful job with their App Store. The selection is vast & the quality is second to none. The apps seem to be very polished & easy to use. This platform seems to get the hottest apps first. That is a major plus.

While Apple has done a great job in designing their iPad line, I would have liked to see some more innovations in this department. They have made some minor changes to the look and feel to their iPad 3, but nothing that can be considered significant. Most have changes have been "under the hood" and the overall design has remained relatively the same. The large bezels surrounding the screen are large and tend to add to the size and weight of the device. Bigger isn't always better, unless you're into that.

Durability has always been a main concern for Apple's i-devices. Even after one drop, thousands of people are forced to continue with broken screens. These problems can also render the device unusable. When the size and weight of an iPad 3 is taken into account, one drop can lead to a trip into an Apple store to pay even more premiums to get a fix or replacement device. I would recommend getting some insurance as well as a shock absorbing case for this reason.

Big ole glorified gameboy

I ended up returning mine for credit, as it did not live up to my expectations, although both my daughters are in love with theirs (18 and 20-somethings). I'd say it's great for gamers, (game-screen) people traveling and needing a tv screen for movies or cartoons for their kids or reading materials, and folks with time on their hands (social networks also). But, I had ideas of using it as an enhanced-portability, lightweight laptop computer substitute, thinking I might do my online tax preparation and other work tasks via the device, but was sorely disappointed. I frequently have to do electronic document signing and on line courses, but could never get adobe flash and other functions to work with apple.
The lack of docking stations, cd DVD reader, and so much more forced me at this point to have to resort back to notebooks and laptops. But hopeful future improvements will be made to make iPad more working-person user friendly! I was very, very hopeful, and noted some of my coworkers on the business road trips packed theirs, complete with cover with typing stand, and typing keyboard, elaborately setting it all up as if they were about to start to work on them, like a laptop. But then, noted they mainly used to show off family photos and such off Facebook.

Battery Life
Similar to iPhone, about a workdays worth, IF you are not a 12 hour shift person. In this case, better stick charging cords in your purse. But unfortunately, many workplace IT and security departments are now banning charging iPads and other such devices with their business computer sync/charge ports.

Processing Speed
Similar to iPhone 3. If you are away on business and staying at a hotel with inhouse wifi charged daily, you may have to shut off wifi and resort back to your service provider/hotspot to get Internet at all.

iPad mini an improvement

App Availability
Apple of course being the king of apps.

Enormous room for improvement: the device has way too many handicaps and is no substitute for a computer. More like a giant smartphone without calling capability: or glorified gameboy.

Did not keep device long enough to test durability, however my daughters iPads are covered by giant otterbox type covers, and they have experienced no problem.

apple ipad 3 WI-FI

from Miami,FL

Pros

• App Availablity
  • Easy To Customize
  • WiFi

Cons

great to use product

• Tablet Size:
    • Large
    • Media:
    • Easy To Download Media, Easy To Use Media Player, Fast Streaming Media, Games, Good Speaker Sound

Convenience with a swipe

Comments about Apple iPad 3 with Wi-Fi:

I like that I can have it right on my lap with out the awkwardness of a laptop.

Battery Life
    Wish I didn't have to charge it quite so much.

Processing Speed
    Faster than my smart phone.

Weight
    Could be a little bit lighter.

App Availability
    Pretty much every app I've ever needed has been available. Even before they're available to my andriod phone.

I've dropped it a couple times, only on carpet.

Excellent tablet!

Comments about Apple iPad 3 with Wi-Fi:

I have this version of the iPad and I love it! I got mine for use at work. I am a teacher and use it constantly in the classroom. It has the ability to load a wide variety of educational apps. My kids love using it as well. I have owned mine for about three years and it works great. It has held up really well. I have experience no problems with it in the three years I have owned it. I use it for personal use at home as well. It can do a very large variety of things. I would highly recommend purchasing one of these. It is an awesome resource to have if you are a teacher.

Battery Life
    Mine takes a while to charge. However, once it is charged, it will lasts for about three days. That is even with my kids using it a lot of the day.

Weight
    Mine is very light. I have a heavier case on it to help protect it. They are very light weight on their own.

App Availability
    I have a huge variety of apps on mine. The app variety is incredible.

I am going on three years with mine and it is still working great.

Great tablet.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Apple iPad 3 with Wi-Fi:

I love my iPad 3, it has been a wonderful tablet to have and it is so convenient to take with me and use when I am on the go and have stuff to do. It is also the best thing that I can have with me when I am sitting somewhere and I need to entertain my young children so that they do not become super restless and bored, I pull out my iPad and it works great every single time to keep them happy and occupied. I had an original iPad and the advances that they have made with the 3 have been wonderful. It is so fast you never have to wait, just connect it up to Wi-Fi and it processes and loads things very fast, even movies and videos. The Cameras on this iPad have amazing clarity and they take great pictures, I have it with me to take pictures of my kids at the park or anywhere we go and it always captures all of their fun little moments so that we have them forever for memories. I love my iPad and all that it is able to do, it is so nice to have and has so many options and abilities that anyone who uses it would love it and be able to use it for all of their needs.

Apple Ipad 3 is Worth Every Penny

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Apple iPad 3 with Wi-Fi:

I bought my ipad 3 almost a year now, and love it! I have not had any problem with it so far. My grandchildren play with it all the time and it gets a lot of wear here but stands up to all of it. I am sure that it can get damaged but if you keep it in a soft case even with children using it,you should be ok. You can play a game, read a book, go on social media sights,everything else all on the Ipad 3.. The screen is agreat size, not too small that I need to squint and the perfect size for taking along with you .There are tons of apps available from the Apple store. I would definitely recommend this product to my friends and family I bring this along with me when I travel or when I go to see my grandchildren as they love to play the games on it. It is definitely worth the money. The battery life is very good as well and the speed is also good although where there is lousy service it runs slowly but that is the internet not the tablet. It is lightweight, durable and has a sleek , modern design. Great tablet !

• App Availability:

Great for at-home or even business use.

Comments about Apple iPad 3 with Wi-Fi:

This tablet is fast, smooth, sleek and beautiful (as are all apple products). The quality is amazing and it is just a joy to scroll through web pages! It is a huge difference from android tablets (obviously). I'm no expert at tablets, but I do have a Samsung Tab 3 and an iPad. Although I hate Apple's one simple home button, I love it's quality.

The battery life is amazing. Just watch out for the brightness and it could last an easy few hours. It can stay idled for an extremely long time and remain at 95%+! I cannot count how many times my Samsung Tab drops to 80% even if I do not touch it.

The only other complaint for this product is that it is way too heavy. It is also a big size, so I would find it impossible to bring to school unless I am literally willing to replace notebooks with it. I also feel the need to buy a highly durable case in fear that the heavy tablet would slip. I went on amazon to find it; get the cases that stand up! Or a keyboard case; its the perfect size for on-the-go replacement of laptops.

Hands Down Best Tablet!

from Upland, CA

Comments about Apple iPad 3 with Wi-Fi:

I know that there are either Mac people or PC people. I am a true Mac believer ever since getting my iPad 3! It is so versatile, compact and EASY to use, which is always a plus in my eyes. I mostly use it for browsing, Face timing or playing games when bored, but I have also tried out digital books and the clarity is amazing!

My favorite features include:
    Small/compact/portable
    Great graphics
    Nice camera/video
    Easy to use
    Lots of features
    Tons of apps available
    Easy to type on
    Great for little ones to use as a learning tool

My complaints:
    There is the iPad Air now, which I hope to get soon
    The video/camera can only be used in well-lit areas (no flash)
    You cannot run "flash" applications

It is very easy to customize, which to some is very important. It makes a great companion for college students because there is no more pen and notebooks. I wish I had one when in school! It would have saved me a ton of time and effort.

I love to use it as a tool to keep in touch with family too. My mom moved out of state last summer and this is a great way to see her often. I don't always have time to see my siblings and extended family either, so this gives us an opportunity to catch up and visit from a distance.

I truly love my iPad 3 and am very happy with its performance so far. Apple has always been at the top their game when it comes to consumer products and the iPad 3 is definitely one of the best!

Weight
    The iPad Air has it beat, but it's still light.

The glass screen can break easily. For as much as it costs, it should really come with a protective cover.

Not a Tablet User Until Now

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Apple iPad 3 with Wi-Fi:

I'm kind of a technological skeptic. I waited to make sure this whole smart phone thing was going to last before diving in...now I can't live without it. Well, I can live, but it definitely makes life easier!
    I felt the same way about tablet, preferring to use my desktop or laptop. My husband was the first to get an iPad, since we are faithful Mac users. After seeing how easily it moved from one room to the other, accessing our home's Wi-Fi, I thought I'd give it a try.
    I have loved my Apple iPad 3 since purchasing it. My toddler likes to use it to watch his sign language videos as well.
    The portability makes it easy for him to carry around. I love that he can sit on my lap while learning. The Apple iPad is such an intuitive machine. It's like every function and button is right where I would expect it to be.

Battery Life
    It seems to drain relatively fast.

Weight
    Pretty lightweight, but I have a giant Otterbox protector case on mine, so it's definitely bulkier and heavier.

iPad 3 Tablet

Comments about Apple iPad 3 with Wi-Fi:

My Apple iPad 3 is without a doubt the perfect fit for me. It quite easily keeps up with my ever busy lifestyle and being able to take it virtually anywhere with me is exceptionally convenient. At this point I rarely ever leave my house without bringing it with me. With the wifi available in some of my favorite places I'm able to study in various environments and surf the web, or just watch movies. I love it.

Battery Life
    I found that letting my battery fully die and then charging it not only helped out a lot with the battery life but also helped it to charge faster.

Processing Speed
    I love that I'm not often waiting endlessly for the processor, the speed on my iPad is among the fastest I've used, ever.

Weight
    Being a smaller female I definitely prefer having a tablet that's light enough to carry in a handbag. Fortunately this tablet is exactly perfect for this reason.

I like the design the most out of any other tablet. It's so visually appealing in an overall way.

Apple iPad 3 with Wi-Fi is Outrageously Fun

from Carlsbad, NM

Comments about Apple iPad 3 with Wi-Fi:

I believe the Apple iPad 3 with Wi-Fi is one of the coolest pieces of technology to hit the market in awhile. It is exactly like carrying around your laptop, only smaller, compact, and funner. People notice when you have an Apple iPad.

Battery Life
    The battery life is my only complaint about the unit. It seems like the battery is drained within two hours of being off the adapter. I thought that perhaps I had a faulty charger but when I asked a few friends, they all stated they have the same problem with their iPad 3s.

Processing Speed
    Since the iPad 3 uses Wi-Fi, its processing speed is as fast as the connection you are linked up to. If you are near a slower speed of Wi-Fi, then of course, your iPad will run slower.

Weight
    My iPad 3 is as light as a feather, and I did not mean that in a joking way! My arms do not fall asleep from holding it, and I am not constantly squirming to find a comfortable position. Even when it is in its case, my iPad is weightless.

App Availability
    The manual states that over 500,000 apps can be downloaded onto the iPad, since I am no where near that, I have room for almost anything. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory that can be expanded to 32 GB with the help of a memory card, that is not included.

I like having the rear facing camera, it is convenient. It came with a detachable keyboard, a stand, earbuds, USB cable, and an adapter. All of these items are important, especially if you are at the library, you can type notes and listen to music without disturbing a soul.

I have only dropped my iPad two times, one of them really could have been a disaster, but because I believe that Apple goes the extra mile to make their products sturdier than other companies, my iPad survived and still works perfect.