Other Tablets:
Apple
PC769LL/A
Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi

Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi

Pros

• App availablity (3)
  • Operating system (3)
  • Screen (3)
  • Wifi (3)

• Email (3)
  • Gaming (3)
  • Social networking (3)
  • Web browsing (3)
    • Just right (3)
    • Media:
    • Easy to download media (3), Gaming (3)

It's a lovely thing, this iPad

I think it is a bit humorous how some people take sides in the Apple/Android/Microsoft "war"--it is bit over the top for me. I do not take any company's side, rather I tend to look at each product I am going to purchase and decide whether I can justify the much more expensive Apple product. So far I have been unable to justify the higher price since I have been content with Microsoft and Android products. So how did I end up with an iPad? I am a teacher, and at my school every teacher has an iPad and we are allowed to use them for home use as well. Now that I actually have an iPad though, I do think that if I had to give mine back, I would be purchasing one for myself.

It is great for school, because all of our progress monitoring can be done from the iPad. And the iPad is portable, unlike my desktop computer, so it has been very handy.

At home my favorite things are streaming Netflix and being able to take it with me from room to room. I also like that I can pull up a recipe on AllRecipes in the kitchen and cook from it. The screen is big enough that I can use the web browser window and it isn't a pain (this is good with school too).

It did take a few days of use before I felt comfortable getting around the interface and knowing how to perform functions. One time I must have inadvertently hit the home button three times and it locked me into something and I couldn't get out. Luckily our school tech guy rescued me! This feature is supposed to be useful for when you have a child on the iPad and you only want them on the app they are supposed to be on. I'm not sure what that all says about me, since I got locked in an app, and I'm not going to think about it too long... ;)

You have to know the limitations of certain devices before you jump in and buy them and then you won't be disappointed when it doesn't have the capability of doing what you want it to do. There is no USB port, so anything you do with this device and another device must be done over a Wifi connection. I've used an air printer with the iPad and it worked seamlessly. I've gotten around getting stuff onto my computer from the iPad (or the other way around) by emailing it to myself and then downloading. There's probably another way to do this, but remember that I also locked myself in on the iPad, so I'm not exactly a person in-the-know with this kind of stuff.

A keyboard would make this way more usable for composing longer written things. I have not tried the options that are out there for this. I don't think it is feasible for meetings or classes without a keyboard, although I have a colleague who takes notes at meetings using hers without a keyboard. Not something I would last long doing without a keyboard though.

Battery Life
This battery lasts forever and ever! I'm amazed how many days I can go without plugging it in.

Support & Service
Haven't needed to contact Apple about anything so I can't comment. Very happy with our tech support at school though, ha! I have done some Googling to figure out how to do some things on it, and generally you can find a lot of helpful stuff on the net about the IPad.

Speed/Performance
Very fast. Very reliable.

The school provided the cover that just lays on the glass side of the iPad and it also puts it into sleep mode (I think it is that mode) when it is on it. When you open the cover it also activates the iPad. I love this option because it doesn't make the iPad bulky and it looks streamlined and sleek. It fits in all but my smallest purses/totes and it isn't heavy. I don't know if I could use it to read books though, unless I wasn't holding it. I have a Kindle, so I don't really use it for book reading.

I am pretty careful with my belongings (or things I am being lent, as is the case with this iPad) and this device is no exception. I've had it for about a year and it looks brand new. I have not dropped it though--and I know some people who have and the screen has cracked. Another person had something fall out of a cabinet onto it and the screen cracked. I suppose it is as durable as I would expect something like this to be--I don't think Apple is saying you can run a car over it. But it is something to be aware of if you have young children using it.

I did not find much improvement in the iPad 2.

After getting a iPad for work, I thought they never upgrade to the iPad 2. I was wrong. They took my iPad and gave me a nice new iPad 2 to replace it. It is thinner then the iPad and really that is about it. There is no other real improvements that really stand out to me. I am sure they did more than make it thinner but I am not really notcing anything else about it that says wow, I need to have one of these at home. I am a programmer and the iPad 2 is not good for that but no tablet really is but tablets where made for not so smart consumers who could bnot figure out a real computer so they made these pretend computers but is nothing more than an extra large iphone that does not make calls unless of course you download an app for that, I think there is an app for everything. I am still unimpressed with it and think tablets suck in general. I can get an ipod touch for a third of the price of this and do everything on it that this iPad 2 is cable of they only advantage the iPad 2 has is that it has a bigger screen than an iphone or ipod. Just what the world needed, another useless gadget. I hope my work can get me something more worthwhile next time. For now I am stuck with this lame iPad 2.

battery seems to last.

Processing Speed
Is not good for real computing

really light

way too many I think

thinner but nothing else

Not that I am going to drop it too see but it seems fragile

A great device

from sudia arbia

About Me Social Networker, Student

Pros

• App Availablity
  • Easy To Customize
  • Operating System
  • Screen
  • Web Browsing
  • WiFi

Cons

• Battery Life
  • Charging time
  • Speaker Quality

• Entertainment
  • Out-of-office Productivity

Comments about Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi:

The ipad 2 is a great device because it's big enough to play applications and browse you can download applications to help you with work or use it in your daily life.
You can call your friends and family using your ipad with some applications you can download from the app store you can watch some tutorials on some things you need help on.
On some ipads there is some things like SIM card which You can talk with your friend using SMS there is a camera on the ipad which you can take photos and it will be save in the gallery which you can share it with family and friends.
In the ipad there is a calendar which tells you the date, and there is also a clock which tells you the time, and the ITunes store which you can download music and ring tones, the app music is where you can listen to music.
My favorite app is facetime because it makes you talk with friends and family, there is also maps which makes you know where you are.
The great thing about ipad2 it's hard to hack so your ipad is safe most of the time, also you can put a password to your ipad so no one can access it but you.
The thing I hate about ipad 2 is it will stop updating at some point.

• Feels Fragile
  • Intuitive
  • Media:
  • Easy To Download Media, Easy To Use Media Player, External Media Controls, Games, Good Speaker Sound

I hope that this product because he possessed a wonderful

from salé MA

About Me Student

Pros

• App Availablity
  • Battery Life
  • Easy To Customize
  • Operating System
  • Screen
  • strong
  • WiFi

Cons

• Speaker Quality

• Camera

Comments about Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi:

This product experimented a lot and I liked it

• Feels Fragile
  • Simple Enough
  • Easy To Download Media, Games

This is the strongest Tab ( iPAD <3 )

from DZ

About Me Technically Challenged

Pros

• App Availablity
  • Battery Life
  • Operating System
  • Screen
  • WiFi

Cons

• Web Browsing

• Camera
  • Entertainment

Comments about Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi:

Apple iPad Of the best types and I am the first categorize in this area for its speed and lightness

• Feels Sturdy
  • Intuitive
  • Media:

My Favorite Travel Buddy!

from Miami, Florida

Comments about Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi:

The original reason I bought an iPad for was for my long flight to Europe this past summer. I thought it would be a good investment to upload vacation pictures to send to my family and friends via wi-fi and to hold various TV shows and movies for me to catch up on during my flight. and boy, am I glad I saved up for it as traveling now is cannot complete unless I have my iPad!

First off, battery life. AMAZING. I can watch more than 8 hours worth of videos on my iPad (airplane mode as I am usually on a plane when I watch videos) and the battery only goes down about 20 percent. Battery life really does last a loooong time! However, charging your iPad is another topic. It takes forever for it to go up!

As for the memory, it's great. I can jam in about 2 movies and 10 episodes of TV shows and there is still space for apps and pictures.

The design is sleek and the weight is not heavy at all. It's also the perfect size for your backpack!

I 'm loving it!

Comments about Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi:

This is the very first thing I stood in line with my husband to get. It was five in the morning, raining but we were desperate to have this super cute Apple I pad in our home. We were not sure to have one when apple released the first tablet, we were quite hesitant at that time but this time we were pretty sure that we want it, so we were there. My husband got this for me, I use it ninety percent of the time. We have one in white color with 16 GB. That is more than enough for us. It has a beautiful display and easy interface to which I adapted real soon. We do not carry it outside the home because we have phones for that. This also acted as my Kindle when I did not have one. I have downloaded many books in the years. I just had one time issue with the I pad with home button not working but that was resolved pretty soon with the help of Apple guys. Now I own Apple mini I pad along with this and I am happy with my purchases!

Great tablet!

Comments about Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi:

I have owned the Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi for the past two years and absolutely love this tablet. This is my first experience owning a tablet and I can't say enough good things about this product. First, the iPad 2 is very user friendly and easy to set up. You take it out of the box, plug it in to charge it, and it literally walks you through the set up process. It was so easy to set up and configure the settings. Second, it is very easy to download applications and to organize your downloads on the iPad. I like that Apple saves all of your downloads to the cloud so you are able to put applications on, take them off, and reinstall them very easily. Finally, I am very impressed with the durability and speed of this product. It is very fast and durable. My children use it all the time. I highly recommend investing in a protective case and screen protector to help your device last as long as possible. Overall, I am very impressed with this tablet and highly recommend it to family and friends.

Processing Speed
This tablet is super fast!

Still Reliable

Comments about Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi:

Even though this is an older model now, it still works perfectly. If you're looking for an affordable way to get an iPad, buying this model used can be a great purchase. They last a while, as I haven't had any problems with the speed of it or anything else. There isn't much need to update to current ones every year. Though it doesn't have a camera.

Battery Life
Does well unless the screen is left on. Games can sometimes suck a lot of it. Overall it lasts a while though.

Processing Speed
Mostly lightning fast, not many issues with it slowing down. Games work well, rarely will freeze.

Weight
not as light as current ones, but very easy to carry around.

App Availability
Lots of them to choose in the apple store, but you're stuck with that. Good selection in the app store though, and can be occasional sales.

Nothing special, but very sleek looking. The screen is reliable and clear as well.

It can withstand plenty of drops and such, but I'd put it in a sturdy case.

Awesome user friendly

from Falmouth, MI

Comments about Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi:

I love my iPad. This is my second one. The only thing to make it better would be if it had flash player.

Battery Life
Could last longer. Seems like on the days when I have to use it a lot the battery dies fairly quickly.

Weight
Not too heavy. I like the portability of this product.

App Availability
Has an amazing number of apps. Very easy to download.

Wish it came in colors. They are all silver and black. I would love it came in lime green.

I have dropped it and left it out in the sun. Nothing has damaged it so far.

Great product

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi:

I purchased this iPad when it first came out. I use it multiple times a day for browsing and running an online store. I find this tablet to have everything I need. There is a ton of storage. I have the 16gb version. This tablet is extremely easy to navigate and very user friendly. My daughter is two and she knows where to find her apps and run them. I find the battery to last for a long time, depending on what I do. If I am watching a tv show it does go slot faster than just browsing the web. Having kids can take a beating on things but my iPad has held up well. Nothing has broken after being dropped and I haven't had any problems. I know the newer iPads are lighter but I don't find this one to be heavy at all. There are millions of apps out there and I know I only use a small percentage of them but I have found m iPad to be very useful with what I have. For my online store I find the iPad to be the best thing to use, I can take it anywhere and it is convienent to take. I am able to edit my photos on it with ease and navigate very well. I haven't found much I cannot do with my iPad that I wish I had a laptop or desktop for.

• App Availability:

iPad has replaced my Dell laptop as my go-to for everything!

from North Ridgeville, OH

Comments about Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi:

I used to think that an iPad couldn't really replace a laptop, but I was wrong! I received my iPad 2 last Christmas and I don't know how I lived without it! Web browsing is so easy! I love the variety and quality of apps in the App Store. Love that my music can be stored through my iTunes Library. And it's awesome how portable it is!

Edited 8/12/14
After using my iPad for a few years, I feel like it is slowing down and apps shut down in the middle of using them - quite frustrating! I wonder if they have a shelf-life like laptops and need to be retired and buy a new one after a few years. The only other thing I wish I could do is print to my printer from it. Other than that I have been very happy with it!

I love how sleek it is and I have the white which really pops!

While I don't think it would easily break, I do worry about dropping it so I have a fairly durable cover on it from Speck.

Edited 8/12/14
I have not had any problems with durability.