Other General Household Cleaners:

Pros

Cons

Multipurpose Cleaner & Degreaser

No cleaning task is too tough for the **Greased Lightning**

A family of cleaners and degreasers for use in your kitchen, bathroom, laundry, or your...Read complete review

No cleaning task is too tough for the **Greased Lightning**

A family of cleaners and degreasers for use in your kitchen, bathroom, laundry, or your garage.

The **Greased Lightning**, a family of super-strength degreaser products tackle today's cleaning needs.  Multi-purpose products  that can be used throughout the home and beyond - from kitchens and bathrooms to garages and patios.

First launched in 1985, flagship product GREASED LIGHTING was developed  to provide superior cleaning and degreasing power to help save  valuable time and money. Greased Lightning is owned by Home Care Labs, a division of BioLab, Inc., and is headquartered in Lawrenceville, Ga.

This cleaner is one of the best I have ever used, an all around cleaner that can be used when you need a job well done...

**HANDLING: Mix only with water. Do not mix with other chemicals.
** **Everyday household cleaning products include**:

Greased Lightning®;   Greased Lightning® Bleach,   Antibacterial Kitchen Cleaner

Carpet Cleaner;   Grapefruit Blast,   Lavender BlastTM,   Lemon BlastTM

Orange BlastTM

**Suggested uses:**

Cuts through grime on stove vents, ovens and microwaves.

Remove red wine, pet stains and dirt from everyday traffic on carpets.

Use as a laundry pre-treatment for tough stains including grease, grass and ink.

Tackle soap scum and mildew stains in the shower.

Revitalize patio furniture by removing dirt and outdoor debris.

GREASED LIGHTING is designed to wipe out grease, grime and dirt, leaving your home sparkling clean and smelling fresh.

Just a few places that you can us this product!

**ATV's****Baseboards** Greased Lightning removes scuff marks and buildup from vinyl baseboards.

**Beach Balls, Pool Rafts, & Boogie Boards**

**Car Engines**You can use Greased Lightning to clean the toughest grease and grime from your engine making it look new again**. Do not spray** on to aluminum components or onto a hot engine, drive belt, alternator or battery.

**Ceiling Fans**

**Concrete** Grease spots, stains from foliage, hard water, and pool side spills.  Use Greased Lightning to work through these and other concrete stains.  Pour Greased Lightning directly on concrete and allow it to work through the stain for 10 to 15 minutes. Scrub surface with a well-bristled brush, then rinse.

**Coolers & Ice Chests**

**Counter-tops**Greased Lightning is great for your everyday surface cleanup! Use Greased Lightning full strength or diluted, depending on severity of stain. Wipe clean with a sponge, paper towel or clean rag.** NOTE: Greased Lightning is not recommended on laminated, clear-coated, granite, or marble surfaces.**

**Diaper Pails**

**Fiberglass**

**Fireplace Soot**

**Fixtures**

**Garbage Cans**

**Grills & Ovens**

**High Chairs**

**Ink**Spray full strength **Greased Lightning**on the stain, and scrub with a brush. Rinse well with clean water or throw into wash as a laundry pre-treat.

**Latex Paint** Just spray **Greased Lightning** onto smudges or stains, and wipe with a clean, damp cloth. Test in an inconspicuous area first and dilute 10 parts Greased Lightning to one part water.

**Laundry Pre-treatment**Use **Greased Lightning** on your toughest laundry stains from ink to makeup. Spray Greased Lightning directly on to stain and throw into wash. For tough set in stains, let Greased Lightning penetrate fabric for 5 minutes before washing**.**

**Litter Pans**Use Greased Lightning to tidy up your cat's litter box! Spray full strength Greased Lightning, scrub with brush and rinse wit hot water.

**Makeup and Lipstick**It's so easy to wind up with a ring of makeup around the collar of our favorite shirts and dresses! **Greased Lightning** will pull the makeup from clothes, carpets, upholstery, and just about anyplace else that didn't need to be made-up. Spray full strength Greased Lightning on the stain, and scrub with a well-bristled brush.

**Mowers & Lawn Equipment****Greased Lightning** is a great degreaser on lawn mower engine parts and other lawn equipment. Spray Greased Lightning directly on to greasy parts and rinse with clean water. For tough, set-in stains, let Greased Lightning penetrate surface for 1-3 minutes.**  Avoid painted surfaces, hot engine parts and drive belts.**

**No-Wax & Tile Floors**

**Parts Washers**

**Pet & Carpet Stains**Between muddy paws, odors, and occasional accidents, Greased Lightning is great in reducing your time cleaning pet and carpet stains. Wet stain with damp cloth, and then apply **Greased Lightning** directly to stain. Most stains can be removed with one spray. Do not over saturate. Scrub stain with well-bristled brush. Rinse with a clean damp cloth. Test in inconspicuous area first.

**Plastic Accessories**

**Plastic BlindsGreased Lightning** can help you eliminate the dust and dust mites that can build up on your plastic blinds. Add Greased Lightning to tub water. Remove blinds and allow them to soak in tub. Use a well-bristled brush and then dry and replace.

**Pool & Patio Furniture**Greased Lightning is great for removing set in mildew & algae stains. Use Greased Lightning full strength or diluted, depending on the severity of the stain. Wipe with sponge, cloth or brush and rinse clean.** **

**Porcelain**Use Greased Lightning for your most delicate cleaning jobs! Greased Lightning may be used on glazed porcelain to remove tough soils. Do not allow product to dry. Always rinse surfaces with water after cleaning**. Avoid use on porous or old porcelain.**

**Refrigerators** Spray full strength Greased Lightning onto your refrigerator inside and out, and then rinse, using clean water, with a damp cloth or sponge.

**Rubber Mats**Use Greased Lightning to clean all plastics down to the squeak. Spray onto mats and rinse - wiping lightly with a sponge if necessary.

**Shower Doors**Greased Lightning cuts through hard water & soap scum. Spray or wipe Greased Lightning on tough-to-clean shower doors. Start at the bottom of the door and work up to prevent streaking.** Be careful not to allow product to touch aluminum door trim. Sports Equipment**

** ****Sports Uniforms**Keep **Greased Lightning Multipurpose Cleaner **on hand to pre-treat tough grass and red clay stains on uniforms. Spray full strength on stain and toss in wash. Let Greased Lightning penetrate surface for one minute for tough stains. Greased Lightning is also great for making sports equipment and tennis shoes shine like new.

**Stainless SteelGreased Lightning **will lift the dingy grime off of your stainless with just a spray and a wipe. Spray** Greased Lightning **on stainless steel at a dilution of 4 to 1 with water. Wipe off.** (Be careful that you are cleaning stainless steel, and not aluminum!) **** **

**Stove Tops & Hoods**Use Greased Lightning full-strength to remove heavy grease buildup. Spray full-strength and wipe clean. Test in an inconspicuous area before completing your job.** Avoid over spraying dial areas and heating elements.**

**Stuffed Animals**Bring all the life back into well-loved stuffed animals! Spray Greased Lightning directly onto stains and scrub lightly. Rinse completely with clean water, then air-dry or use hairdryer on low setting.

**Tennis Shoes**Greased Lightning is great for making your tennis shoes look like new. Apply Greased Lightning directly to the stain and wipe clean. For tough set-in stains, scrub stain with well-bristled brush and toss into wash. Test in inconspicuous area first.

**Toilets**Use Greased Lightning full-strength with a well bristled brush and say goodbye to old water lines and unpleasant odors.** Greased Lightning makes every bathroom fixture sparkle like new!**

**Tubs & SinksGreased Lightning** will do your hardest bathroom chores for you! Spray** Greased Lightning** directly onto surface, rinse, and watch grime disappear!** **

**Upholstery**Greased Lightning will help bring back that clean, just-purchased look in even the most well loved sofas, recliners, and upholstered chairs. Spray onto fabric and wipe clean with a sponge, towel or brush.**  Test in an inconspicuous area before use.**

**Vinyl & Aluminum SidingGreased Lightning** cleans dirt & grime off siding, making your home sparkle like new. Spray full strength or apply with a brush after wetting surface. Wipe and/or rinse with clean water.

**Wheels/Tires**The rich foam formula of Greased Lightning BLAST All Wheel Cleaner dissolves road grime, brake dust and buildup, returning wheels to their original showroom finish. The simple spray on, rinse off cleaner is safe for all types of wheel rims, covers, hubcap surfaces and finishes, including clear coated, painted, chrome plated, plastic, mag, wire, anodized/polished aluminum and gold-toned.

All pictures are © Copyright 2001-2005 Greased Lightning, all rights reserved

visit Their Web site: http://www.greased-lightning.com

*************************************************************************************************************

**MANUFACTURER DISCLAIMER: IMPORTANT: The information is given without a warranty or guarantee. No suggestions
**for use are intended or shall be construed as a recommendation to infringe any existing patents or violate any federal, provincial,

state, municipal, or local laws. Safe handling and use is the responsibility of the customer. Read the label before using this product.

This information is true and accurate to the best of our knowledge

****

****

great cleaner, but be careful

Greased Lightning is a great cleaner it can get the crud off almost anything in your house. I have used it to clean a nasty almost black stovetop when I moved into my apartment. And when your cookie sheets, broiler pan, or toaster oven rack start getting gunked up just spray on some Greased Lightning, wait a bit and it is good as new. The only problem is that when left on too long it will not only cut through the grease but it will start to corrode the coating on your pan. My cookie sheets are now half raw metal and I can only use them with a sheet of foil on top. The worse part is I bought them specifically because they were so pretty and now they are hiddeous and have scratched and spots all over them. They are also much more susceptable to rust now and I have to say in that regard I am very dissatisfied with this product, the label does not emphasize how damaging it can be if you leave it on too long. I will continue to use the product but only in the most extreme cases where other method failed, and only with great care not to ruin another lovely pan. I would reccomend this to a friend but only after warning them about the corrosive and potentiall damaging effects it can have.

Cuts through Grease with Ease

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Greased Lightning Multi-Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser:

This is one of my favorite cleaners to use in the kitchen. It works amazingly and breaks up grease off of the stove as well as takes care of all of the many other small messes that I make while in the kitchen. The smell could stand to use just a little bit of improvement, but that is not to big of a setback for most people.
Even though I like to use it in the kitchen on the counters and in the sink the cleaner has far more benefits sure to be enjoyed as well.
You can use the Greased Lightning to break up stains on clothing, too. If you are parent then this is a use that you will find comes in more than handy. It can remove ink, blood and even chocolate, but I find it has the most difficulty with the ink, especially red, In the bathroom it can remove soap scum, too.
This is an amazing all around the home cleaner that has a number of benefits. It is easy to use and comes in a nice pull trigger bottle that keeps it that way.

Makes Cleaning Easy

from Va

Comments about Greased Lightning Multi-Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser:

When it come time to clean my oven I bought a bottle of Greased Lightning because it was a product that I had previous experience with when I worked in a kitchen when I was younger. This is an new version of Greased Lightning that can be used on a variety of surfaces and can be used as a stain remover on clothing. I knew that if it could clean industrial size ovens then it surely would clean my oven at home. I sprayed the inside of the oven, the oven racks and the oven door. After sitting for about 10 minutes I used a magic eraser and wiped away the grease and food that was left behind after months of cooking. I did this with very little effort because the solution cuts through layers of grease and build up. I only use it in the oven because the scent is horrible and it's a very strong solution but I have also used Greased Lightning on my vehicle rims and tires, it cuts through any dirt and grim that may have built up. I would consider this product for any task where grease needs to be removed. I used it years ago when I worked in a kitchen and use it today to cut through tough grease stains and to clean the kitchen floors.

It's an amazing cleaning product for grease and dirt build up. It literally dissolves any build up.

It has a strong chemical smell. If it weren't for this factor I would try to clean other areas in my home.

Lightning fast for cleaning oil and grease spots.

Comments about Greased Lightning Multi-Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser:

Greased Lightning Multi-Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser is an amazing cleaner for stubborn caked on grease on grills or oil spots in drive ways. We use it to clean the grill at the end of every summer, and then store it away. It's also wonderful for cleaning the oven inside the house, but you want to make sure you ventilate it properly because Greased Lightning Multi-Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser has a very strong chemical odor to it that lingers and makes ones dizzy very easily.

For grills outdoors, you can simply spray it on and wait a while, and then rinse it off with a hose or bucket of water. It takes very little scrubbing and only if the grease is really caked on. Mostly it eats through it in half an hour or so, and then rinses away easily. With indoor stoves, you do much of the same, and then sponge it off, taking the greasy grime and residue with you, and then paper towel dry it. Sometimes it needs a little more water to clean it all out, and a little elbow grease for inside cleaning, as it is indoors and cannot be pressure hosed off like the grill can. Well, it could, but I wouldn't try it unless you want to flood your kitchen. Greased Lightning Multi-Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser is a great fighter of grease and works on most solid surfaces. I wouldn't recommend it for porous ones though as it might be a little too strong and eat away at them, leaving them in worse condition than just being greasy.

Great for cleaning up grease!

from Empire, AL

Comments about Greased Lightning Multi-Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser:

This stuff is fabulous! My husband asked me to purchase this so we could clean the grease off our tires. We use it for tough spots on the vehicles like around the tires and on them. When we spray the tire, grease just starts pouring off. A friend of mine told me that she used Grease Lightning to clean her husband’s clothes. He is a mechanic and gets all sorts of grease on his uniforms. I took her advice and whenever I got grease stains on my clothes from cooking, I sprayed them with Grease Lightning and let it sit for about an hour or so then washed them. The stains come right out and the fabric isn’t damaged at all. I have used this on clothes, counter-tops, the glass-top oven, and cars. If you have a greasy and nasty mess, this is the stuff to get. But I will say the odor can sometimes take your breath away if you are too close when spraying it. Spray in a well ventilated area for sure! Another trouble i seem to have is that none of the stores around here carry Grease Lighting anymore. But if I find it I will grab a bottle for sure!

Kills the dirt and grime like a boss

from Concord, NC

Comments about Greased Lightning Multi-Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser:

I'm a bit of a neat freak, so I've tried just about every cleaning product there is on the market. Greased Lightning Multi-Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser is one of those must haves for me. I use it for everything when I am deep cleaning. It works great on stoves, bathrooms, grimy floors, even the siding on my house. Aside from glass, I've not found one thing it doesn't work on.

I tend to use this only for deep cleaning, and not for daily cleaning, as the one drawback to it is that it can leave behind a sticky residue. If I use it for mopping my floors, I always follow it up with a light mopping with another cleaner. For the cleaning power Greased Lightning has, though, I find the extra step worth it.

For counters and other surfaces, I dilute it a bit with plain water to thin it out a bit, so that it's not so soapy. Other than that one minor flaw, I am perfectly happy with the performance and cleaning ability. Nothing else works better on cleaning a dirty stove top.

It's easy to find in most stores, and very reasonably priced. Give it a try.

All around excellent multi purpose cleaner

Comments about Greased Lightning Multi-Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser:

Greased Lighting Cleaner is an all around excellent multiple purpose cleaner. I love cleaning everything in my kitchen with this product. I clean countertops, interior and exterior of all appliances, and especially my backsplash. There is so much food and grease that stinks to the backsplash this product removes all of these stains. Other stop in the kitchen that I use this to clean is on top of cabinets and on top of the refrigerator. From cooking in the kitchen there forms a film on both of these. This products cleans this build up awesome. I also use this in the bathroom everywhere. My husband works at a car lot and he is not a mechanic himself but at times he gets grease on his steering wheel this removes that greasy feeling. He also at times gets grease on clothes. I do pretreat these stains with this product. I would say it removes about 75% percent of those stains. Great everyday and every purpose product!

Not a fresh smell.

say goodbye to unwated grease with greased lightening

Comments about Greased Lightning Multi-Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser:

I like to use this product on my stove when it has grease build up. I spray greased lightening on my stove surface and I like to let it sit awhile then just simply wipe it away to see a clean non greasy surface with no more residue on my burners or entire stove surfaces. I have also seen amazing results with this on my brothers and my husbands cloths when they have worked on vehicles and gotten oil or grease on their cloths I spray it right on the stains and then toss in the washing machine and they come out clean.

This cleaner works great on all my greasy surfaces or things with build up and on my cloths that have really difficult stains. I always have a bottle of it on hand for those greasy spots on my husbands cloths after he has been working on a vehicle or doing really dirty jobs that leave tough to treat stains on his cloths.

I am sensitive to some strong cleaner smells but this one does not bother me at all I usually use it in well ventilated areas or on cloths that are going into the washing machine quickly so the smell is quickly and easily washed away.

A must have for the garage

Comments about Greased Lightning Multi-Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser:

When we first moved into our house there were some very large oil spots on the garage floor. They had been cleaned but there was still a faint stain left behind. I tried many products that claimed to remove grease and oil stains of any degree. Having no luck, I decided to give Greased Lightning Multi Purpose Cleaner and Degreaser a try. I sprayed the degreaser on the oil spots and let set for almost an hour, went back and sprayed again then rinsed about thirty minutes later. The results were great, leaving my garage floor looking as if it had been cleaned by a professional. The smell from the degreaser wasn't really strong or overwhelming. Greased Lightning is a great product and is available at almost any store and is simple to use. I will continue to use this product again and again in the future. It's not as expensive as some other brands but you get far better results.

The best general purpose cleaner EVER!!

Comments about Greased Lightning Multi-Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser:

I absolutely love this stuff. It's cleaned everything I have used it for. I've even used it as a pre-treater for car grease spots on a old pair of jeans. I don't recommend using it on fabrics unless you test it first, it's strong enough it might discolor some of them. The ones I washed were faded and splotchy anyway, so I'm not sure if it would effect it or not. We also had smoke damage in the kitchen after the dryer caught fire, and it was the best thing to wash the residue and smell off of the walls before re-painting. It cleaned the soot of off everything very well, too. I use it in the kitchen, bathroom, on the cars, and the patio furniture. There is one one thing that makes me rate it a 9. I have sensitive skin and allergies, so I do have to wear gloves, and the room has be adequately ventilated or I get wheezy and end up with a headache. The smell isn't horrible, but it's not pleasant, and definitely strong. I have read reviews that advised against using it on coated dishes, but I have never had any issues, nor do I use it to soak any of my dishes in. It will clean up any of the stainless steel pots/pans that are gunky, and it works on the cement buildup that can happen when you use cooking spray. It's great for linoleum, gets up any stove splatters and grime that can accumulate from usual traffic and pets.

Definitely the best for every household issue I've used it for, it has never disappointed me!

The smell is very strong and slightly unpleasant, can cause headaches if you're sensitive to chemical smells, but as long as you're in a well-ventilated area you should be fine.

Greased Lightning

Comments about Greased Lightning Multi-Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser:

I don't know about you but when I first saw this product, I thought with a cheesy name like Greased Lightning, the manufacturer really was scraping the bottom of the barrel and there's no way this product will be any good. I thought it would be watered down, ineffective and I genuinely thought it wouldn't be around for long. How wrong I was! An appropriate name for this product would be Grease Eliminator! It is superb at cleaning the outside of your deep fat fryer, your outdoor grill (even if you've used it three times since you last cleaned it), your extractor hood which has attracted a misty grease from your shallow or deep frying, I use a diluted version on my oven door window, and doors and handles throughout your home. It is great at cleaning, which I admit many other products do, but few also cut through grease as easily as Greased Lightning. How wrong can ones initial impressions be?