Other Baby Swings:

Graco Sweetpeace Newborn Soothing Center

Pros

Cons

• Features:

A must have for first time moms!

Wow, am I glad we spent the money on this amazing piece of "technology".  My son loved this swing and stills loves it at 9 months old.  Graco had done a great job of including all different sounds that babies love, along with the option to plug in your iPod!  I used the iPod port many times.  Carter's favorite song is by Miley Cyrus because of this port.

My next favorite feature of the swing is the versitility.  You can swing from side to side, or back to front.  And as a first time parent I had no idea what to do with my sleeping baby in the car seat!  Guess what?  Graco has answered our question.  Remove the swing seat and your Graco carseat or similar model will clip right on the base, just like on a shopping cart.

Next would be all the options this swing has to offer.  Again the two different swinging motions, then it has 6 different speeds.  It has 4 different kinds of music/soothing sounds, plays your iPod, and the seat itself vibrates!

No wonder my son still loves this swing, it does everything!  And cleaning is a piece of cake, however the drying time does take a good chuck of time.

Next on my list of greats....the ease of getting the baby in and out of the swing.  I don't have a bunch of buttons to mess with, it is so easy, it was wonderful when I was trying to lay a sleeping baby in there.  He never woke up to me screwing around trying to open the thing.  That leads me to the 3 different reclining positions.  When Carter was first born he needs to lay back because he couldn't hold his head up.  Now that he is old he, sometimes wants to sit up and play with the mirror or other torys that are attached to the swing, and the 3 different reclining positions made this extremely easy!

I do have to say when we purchased this swing, we were worried because it ran batteries.  The swing/music and the vibrating seat.  So I thought we were going to go thru a ton of batteries.  In the 9 months of using this swing we have gone thru 3 sets of batteries.  This swing is used on a daily basis!

This swing does have a one disadvantages, however my pros totally outweigh the con!  The swing is a big bulky and doesn't easily fit into a "hiding" place.

So I would highly recommend this swing to first time moms, second time moms, professionals.  All of the above!  I sure hope nothing happens to mine before baby 2 comes along, but if it does I will definitely buy another one of these models!

The Graco Sweetpeace....not so sweet!

After giving birth to my youngest, I was no longer able to get any kind of sleep. It wasn't for a lack of trying. She wanted to be rocked constantly and my arms felt like they were going to fall off. I also have four other children and was unable to give them much attention. It was clear that I needed a little help, so I decided to purchase a swing for her. Maybe if I wasn't so overtired, I would have noticed the reviews that urged shoppers to stay away.

When my daughter was two weeks old, I purchased the Grace Sweetpeace. I was so anxious to finally get some rest. I got it home, put it together (easy enough), and laid her in it. At first, she hated it. It took a few tries to get her in without a fit, but she settled down. Everything seemed great until we'd had it for 12 weeks. It just stopped working. The music continued to play but the motor was useless. I should have known something wasn't right. From day one, the swing made an odd sounds. It was as if the motor was working overtime, to swing a child that was too heavy. I can tell you 100% that this wasn't the case. My daughter was 8 pounds when it broke.

I called Graco to complain and they send out a new motor/base. I received it about 10 business days later, and got it switched out. Within TWO DAYS, the motor went out again. You can imagine my anger and frustration as I had not only spent a small fortune on this swing, I was a walking zombie from lack of sleep. What was supposed to simplify my life, made my life more difficult.

Once again I called Graco. This time they offered a full refund. I was told they were mailing me a return slip so I wouldn't have to pay shipping. That was a WEEK before Christmas and it's now January 21st. The return slip never arrived. I will be calling them again to complain, when they open today. Enough is enough.

If I could rate this product with negative stars, I would. If you have a carseat and a radio, you have yourself a Graco Sweetpeace. At least, that's the equivalent when the motor stops working. From what i've read, the odds are in your favor of that happening.

Baby sleeps soundly

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Graco Sweetpeace Newborn Soothing Center:

When I initially saw the price of the Graco Sweetpeace Newborn Soothing Center, I honestly thought to myself " there is no way I am buying this". But, after I really took a closer look, I changed my mind. What I like most is the vibration but, there's so much to love about this Soothing Center. Of it's many features, I love the plushness in the overall look and feel of the seat. The hanging toys were really cute and kept him highly entertained. The little toy tray in the middle was detachable. That made it easier to pop him in and out of. I also liked that it had quite a few different melodies on it. There's nothing like listening to the same melody 20 times in a row. It also has an even greater innovation with it's MP3 compatibility. Overall, it's an excellent product.

• Features:

Waited too long to buy this

Comments about Graco Sweetpeace Newborn Soothing Center:

I originally didn't want to spend the money on a swing since the good ones were expensive. Our sitter however owned one of these swings and after our baby napped in it for 4 hours rocking from side to side we went out and purchased the exact one that night (he even slept through the other kids screaming and running around him). It has been a life saver! I love that it not only goes from front to back but it also goes from side to side which is the motion my son loved the most. There is an option to plug in an ipod to play music or you can choose one of the sounds they have things like rain, ocean, piano, etc. There have been times when my son has had a stuffy nose and hasn't been able to sleep well so we have put him in here since it props him up and he has slept all night!

Versatility
One feature I like on this swing is that you can take off the top part and attach the carseat to it if you don't want to move a waking baby.

The size of the machine is large but the whole piece is contained in a space and it goes well with the height of our furniture so it doesn't look awkward in our living room.

Great Swing!

Comments about Graco Sweetpeace Newborn Soothing Center:

This is a great swing with a lot of options! I received this swing as a gift from my mother in law as a shower gift for my first child. The seat of the swing is removable so you can attach your Graco car seat to the swing. This is really helpful if you child has fallen asleep in the car and you don't want to wake them. All you have to do is take the car seat out of the car and place it in the swing base. This swing is also able to swing side to side or back and forth. I like to switch it depending on the mood of my baby. There are six different swing speeds and several different sound options including heartbeat, whale noises, stream and music. You can also plug in an ipod. The one thing I don't like about this swing is the size. It does take up a good amount of space. I used this swing with my first child and am still using it 2 1/2 years later with my second. Overall, this is a great swing. It is durable and it has lots of options.

• Features:

A luxury swing for your baby!

Comments about Graco Sweetpeace Newborn Soothing Center:

This swing does everything! It's fab! Easy to assemble. Great quality. And it's washable. Minus the canopy. You have to spot clean it! The speaker system is also really awesome! Best part is it takes batteries or you can use the adapter! Also you can take the seat out and make it a floor rocker! Can attach any graco infant car seat into swing base!

• Features:

cutest sweetest softest infant soothing center

Comments about Graco Sweetpeace Newborn Soothing Center:

This infant soother is absolutely amazing. My daughter feel asleep in it everyday untill she was too big to fit anymore! The unit has so many different features and you can actually plug in any mp3 device for your own personal touch!

Versatility
The graco infant soother features unisex colors which are great for using it for the next baby in line! You can also have it rock from back and forth to side by side. It also has the option to remove any of the fabric for easy washing.

I never had one problem with the unit!

Very easy to use.. it is heavy though!

Safety
I never had an issue with safety reguarding this product. You can never go wrong with graco... it has always been a brand I trust.

Features
This infant soother has so many features it is hard to keep up. It is awesome how far Graco has come with the products they release.

• Features:

I wanted something different, and I got it with this product!

from Grafton, WI

Comments about Graco Sweetpeace Newborn Soothing Center:

The swing we used with our first baby had seen better days (it was a basic, bottom of the line swing), so when I found out we were expecting baby number two I was excited to get a few new goodies for our bundle of joy. Since we were going to have two children I knew my youngest might have to have some convenient, safe places to go when I was tending to my older child; because of this, I was willing to invest a bit more on this item since it was possibly going to get a lot of use.
What first drew me to this product was how it moved (very much unlike the forward and backward of a traditional swing); I thought about how I would move with baby and it would be more like a sway (twisting at my hips) than a swinging back and forth. I also liked that the seat could be moved to face different directions: a little variety in movement and view. Since I would have a curious older child running around, I loved that it had a child lock to protect the settings or prevent it from being turned on while baby was not in it. The movement is smooth for baby and the sounds/music is nice (not annoying); I have not tried the iPod feature yet, but like that this is an option. The five point harness super easy to get baby in because all the straps click at one point; no trying to wrestle babies arm into the straps, so it is really easy to put a sleeping baby into the swing. The best part about this swing is that I can plug it in: no more battery drain for us!

Versatility
There are many seat positioning options as well as music/sound options.

I put this swing together myself because I was so excited to see it together (and try it out before baby arrived). I was able to put it together at 33 weeks pregnant with a two year old "helping". Very easy to put together.

• Features:

Love love love this swing!

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Graco Sweetpeace Newborn Soothing Center:

For months this was my daughters favorite sleeping place! It was a life savor. I loved that it could plug in. And the interchangable seat worked for when she was sleeping in car I could just put carseat on swing so she would stay sleeping. We used the ipod port a lot in the beginning, she was a colicky baby and had a few cds that always calmed her and put her to sleep. The built in music and sounds are a nice touch too :).

The lowest speed is about as feast as it ever went, cause it was pretty fast. But she enjoyed it and that was what mattered.

I couldn't live without this swing

from Galloway, OH

Comments about Graco Sweetpeace Newborn Soothing Center:

We received this swing as a shower gift and it turns out to be my absolute favorite piece of baby equipment! We used this swing all the way up to the limit and then lent it to a friend who was babysitting another baby. We also had a Graco infant carrier, and the fact that I could bring my child in from the car sleeping and put them in the swing to continue sleeping was a life saver. We also really liked the fact that the seat came out of the swing and could be used as an alternative to a bouncy seat. The feature to plug in an MP3 player was great since we received a lot of cds as gifts too. We purchased the additional toys as our child got older to snap on the play bar. We were very sad to have to put it away!

totally amazing - wish I'd had this with my first child!

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Graco Sweetpeace Newborn Soothing Center:

This is the BEST swing out there! I am a 2nd time mom - I wish I'd had this with my first child! I have tried two other swings - a travel swing and another older Graco duckie swing - don't remember what it is called.

This swing was priceless during the first few weeks after my sons birth - he was congested right away and I was scared to lay him flat. This swing would go from our bedroom to the living room -and it was GREAT to just pop the baby right in after he was asleep - he wouldn't wake up as it is super easy to put him in it.

I LOVE the fact that it is possible to pop out the seat and use with a graco carseat - how great is that??

Also the MP3 input is wonderful - great sound.

The only cons I can think of is that the seat is a little hard - I just put an additional blanket for my son to sit on.

Wonderful soother

from Cedar Park, TX

Comments about Graco Sweetpeace Newborn Soothing Center:

We purchased this Graco soother center after our Fisher Price swing completely died on us. Having a young infant, a swing was a MUST. Our son loved his swing, and in the beginning, it was the only place he would nap.

The main thing that led me to this purchase was the a/c adapter. We went through so many batteries with the swing, I like the idea of being able to plug it in. I liked that it had many different seating positions. He could go from laying to sitting, as well as facing 4 different directions (which is great when you have a baby who likes to be rocked while his feet stay in one place). There were so many sound options, I didn't even know where to start. At first we laughed when we saw it had a place to plug in a mp3 player- yep, we used it.

Another wonderful thing was that the seat comes off, and you can snap the graco carseat in. This was a great thing, as our son often fell asleep in the car, so we didn't have to wake him up. Just pop the entire seat into the glider, and you're set!

The seat is also compatible with the car seat swing frame, which makes a great system.