Other Baby Swings:

Fisher-Price Baby Papasan Cradle Swing

Pros

Cons

Cuddles your baby beautifully

I am a mom of 3, two boys and a newborn baby girl.  After two boys, I went a little crazy with the pink and fell in love with the Fisher Price Beautiful Garden Baby Swing.  I am SO glad I did.  I had experience with the Fisher Price family of products because they made the swing I used for my boys.  I was pleased with its performance, and I knew I wanted to stick with the Fisher Price brand this time.  I was thrilled when I found such a beautiful swing that came from a company I know and trust.

First, the swing looks great.  It is a beautiful, cozy cocoon for your sweet little baby girl.  The colors are soft and sweet, but the patterns on the seat cover camoflage the little stains that will inevitably happen when you have a little one around!  You can't always get to the washer right away...but when you do, the seat cover is easy to wash and holds up well.  The canopy and sweet little pink and green butterflies complete the look and give your sweet baby something beautiful to look at while she swings away.  Also, the projector shines little butterflies on the canopy.  This is beautiful at night and also shows up well during the day in a well-lit room.

Second, the swing has so many options, including 6 swing speeds, a projector and mobile, music and nature sounds, TWO swing positions, and best of all, you can plug it in!!  No more expensive batteries that run out just when you need them most.  Just plug it into the wall and you and baby are good to go. The swing is also nice and quiet at the higher swinging speeds.  The only speed that seems to be a little too loud is the lowest setting, and I don't think I ever used it because it didn't seem worth it to even turn it on.  My newborn was happiest with the second swing setting and I gradually increased it as she grew older.

The songs are so sweet and perfect for a little girl.  "Walking through the park one day in the merry merry month of May..."  Even my boys like to hum along with them while she swings.  OH - one more note about the canopy - I have found that it keeps my boys from disturbing the baby while she sleeps in the swing.  They are deterred by the canopy which covers two-thirds of the circumference of the swing.  This is an added bonus for those of you with older, curious children!  It also keeps the dog from nuzzling when he shouldn't!

Overall, we LOVE our Fisher Price Butterfly Garden Swing, and we hope you and your baby will too!

the Papasan swing made my baby look uncomfortable

I got a cheap swing for use at home, but when I went to my parents' house to visit, we borrowed a lot of baby stuff from a friend, including the pricey Fisher-Price Papasan Cradle Swing. I loved the fact that it had the capability of swinging side to side or forward/ backward like usual swings, but the actual seat- a rounded comfortable looking place for baby to lay- made my daughter look horribly uncomfortable. Her head was tilted forward due to the curve of the seat (it's kind of an oval saucer shape), and rather than being able to have her head straight. One time she slid into a little sideways heap when she fell asleep because the shape of the seat didn't keep her upright at all. The swing has a little mobile, but the baby would have to strain to look at it because it is directly over the head rather than forward a bit for easy viewing. It plays music and a white-noise type of water sound, and has various speeds (but most swings do). It was relatively easy to assemble (the people we borrowed it from had it dismantled and in a box). Overall, I absolutely hated it. If you want a swing that has two directions to swing (its only positive trait, in my opinion), get one with a normal seat.

Beautiful Swing

Comments about Fisher-Price Baby Papasan Cradle Swing:

I just put this swing away again. This is the 2nd baby that has used this swing, and I am so glad I have it. It is beautiful and versatile. It is a little on the small side, my son is a larger baby, but at 9 months he had pretty much outgrown it. Also the base is very wide, I would not recommend this if you have a small space to set up this swing.

Versatility
I love that you can turn the seat to have the swing go back and forth or sideways, I used it most of the time going sideways because I am a bit OCD and the front to back looks wrong on it.

I have used this swing through my twins and now my son. It has stood up well, though I have not used it hard.

I love that you have the option for plug in or battery. I did not burn through expensive batteries, because the last thing you have extra money for with a baby in the house is more batteries. Though I was grateful for the option when I needed to move the swing to a different spot for a party, I did not have to move the whole cord set up, I just unplugged it and set it where I needed it.

Safety
My little one looks all snuggled up. The pieces are tight together. I also love that the seat reclines back a long way, and the activity bar keeps older babies from trying to flip out of the seat. Also having the base so wide provides stability not found in a lot of other swings.

Features
I love the little canopy and stars with the little toys floating around, but by the time my little one was 6 months he was grabbing all those things and making them more of a hazard than they were worth. I love the music choices though. I don't have to go insane from listening to the same 3 songs over and over from the swing. There is a lot of selection.

• Features:

I love this swing. and so does my baby!

Comments about Fisher-Price Baby Papasan Cradle Swing:

This was initially a purchase I made because it was on sale at an online retailer. When it arrived, we assembled it and I immediately fell in love with it. The colors are great and very gender-neutral. The blue lights in the motor are beautiful!

Versatility
I love that you can switch up the direction the baby swings.

We have had it for 3 years and it has held up very well.

Features
You have the option of different swing speeds, music and lights. The only downside is that the motor is rather loud when it swings (almost a clicking sound).

really cozy and soothing

Comments about Fisher-Price Baby Papasan Cradle Swing:

This thing is really priced well for all of the good it does. It was easy to put together and has stood up to heavy use. It is really soft and cozy and my daughter loves going in there. It is cute, which is also a big plus. The variable speeds are nice, and many naps were initiated in this swing. For the price, you can't beat it

must have

Comments about Fisher-Price Baby Papasan Cradle Swing:

I got this swing as a present for my first child and we are still using it for our third child. It definitely was necessary when my baby was first born. It was the only way to get her to sleep during the day without holding her. It has a mobile and several different sounds to go with it. I use it almost every day so I can get things done round the house. The negatives
Are that it takes a lot of battery power and they have to be changed every couple of months or the swing doesn't work right.

2 babies and still swinging

from Hopkins, MI

Comments about Fisher-Price Baby Papasan Cradle Swing:

After three fails with hand me down swings that quit on us, we bit the bullet and bought a new one. Three years and 2 babies later, it works great! A total of over a year of use between our kids, we have taken it apart and stored it between use and re-assembled it again all with success. Assembly takes about 20 minutes, no big deal. Canopy is optional. We always gave ours a push start, as the manual directed, and it swung babies fine. Loved the plug in feature, saved tons on battery cost! Mobile with starlight is really cute, colors are neutral in blue and cream, with a little purple. Lots of music and nature sound options so Mommy doesn't go crazy... Love this swing!

Wonderful Swing

Comments about Fisher-Price Baby Papasan Cradle Swing:

I purchased this swing for my grand daughter and we both love it. It has a very comfortable papasan seat with soft cover. She loves the lights and moving mobile that entertains her when she swings. The swing moves gently and smoothly. The music is calming and enjoyable.

This Product is a Life-Saver

Comments about Fisher-Price Baby Papasan Cradle Swing:

When my nieces were born I knew I'd need some items for my house for when they came to stay over and when I saw this swing I was sold. Not only does this swing feature a moving mobile, a rocking swing, and soothing sound but it also puts out little lights that reflect shapes on the wall. Its a very cute, soft, and soothing product and will very easily put any little one to sleep. It is very easy to use as the buttons are readable and allow you a few different options. You can turn one feature on, such as the rocking swing if the babies sleeping or if the babies awake you can turn a few of the features on. We got this swing for the girls because the colors matched their purple nursery and it looks very cozy. This swing is a truly incredible product.

Versatility
Has a few different functions. Music, rocking, lights, a moving mobile.

Feels kind of light and the legs seem rather hollow.

Buttons are easily understandable and readable.

Safety
Has belts and buckles to secure the baby.

Features
Has a few different functions and features.

Not recommended!

Comments about Fisher-Price Baby Papasan Cradle Swing:

Speeds are all way too fast. The lights shorted out within a few months which made me uncomfortable using the swing. My son is of average size but out grew the cradle in no time. The maximum weight/size for this cradle seems to be incorrect. Takes a lot of space.

• Features:

Good swing, lifesaver product with little one

Comments about Fisher-Price Baby Papasan Cradle Swing:

We had the Fisher-Price Papasan Swing last year when our baby son was born and was very helpful in the beginning when he was trying to learn to sleep in the first few months. He loved the different music that it played as well as the different butterflies, etc. that spun around above him. It was very soothing and a lifesaver on those days when holding/rocking around the clock was needed. I would have given this product a higher rating but remember how much I had to change the batteries in it as if it sucked batteries quite a bit. Also, the tray never stayed on well and kept falling off so didn't use it much. Otherwise, it was a good investment and was able to resale for a decent price at a consignment sale.

Versatility
Used in various rooms in house and worked great.

Had to replace motor after a couple of years of use (got from family member).

Easy to use with baby

Safety
Safety belt with easy latch.

Features
Soothing music and different speeds of motion.

• Features:

Very soft and comfortable, a life saver, couldn't do without it.

from Winchendon, MA

Comments about Fisher-Price Baby Papasan Cradle Swing:

Love love love this swing! Its so soft and comfortable inside with lots of padding, It reclines back or can sit up as well as swinging front to back and side to side with the simple push of a button. The tray and toys are removable as well. We have the model that plugs in so that saves on batteries. The projected stars are fun for babies to look at but the plush stars on the mobile are kind of blah. Fisher Price has wonderful customer service as well, the motor on ours died (after several years and two children of use) and they sent us out a new one free even though we were long past the warranty period. I have heard that it was an issue with some models but they were really good about it.

Versatility
Can swing side to side or back and forth, tray is removable and seat portion can recline or sit up. Several different speeds and lullaby and more upbeat music.

Motor did die on our second child after about 2 years of (non consecutive) use but Fisher price sent us a whole new top portion (motor housing) free of charge.

Very easy to set up, change settings (side to side, back to front) etc. A bit hard to disassemble for storage but other than that very easy to use.

Safety
Integrated safety belt as well as removable tray.

Features
I wish the mobile plus toys were a bit more colorful and eye catching and faced down toward the baby instead of out but other than that, lots of great features and setting options.