3.5
Graco Silhouette Swing

Graco Silhouette Swing

3.5

LOVE IT!!

the first swing we got with our first child was a hand-me-down which worked great and we loved it...it was our first sons favorite place to nap. when we had our second child...we were only able to use our old swing for 2 months and then the motor burned out...which was impressive that it lasted thorugh about 6 kids (form previous owner)...however we were devistated and perplexed as to which swing modle or brand to buy? or son loved the swing...and for a while was the only place he would nap and sleep in...my mother finally purchased a graco swing for us and at first we were skeptical about it...because the box said it would hold up to a 30 pound baby. however once we set it up, our son was back in his regular routine and loving it. our first son even climbs up int he swing, and manually swings himself (he is 2 years old and 25 pounds...so i guess the box was right becuase it holds him fine). the swing is very durable. i love the 6 speed settings that it offers. it all so has a great timing feature, which can extend the life of your batteries. all in all I LOVE THIS SWING!

Overall good product with some issues

Ok, originally we bought Fisher Price My little Lamb swing based on numbers of reviews but our daughter didn't like it at all. After that we decided to try Graco Silhouette. We bought it in store because we thought that we need to return it as well. But as soon as our daughter tried it she loved it! She can spend all day there and basically its only one place that she can sleep now (well, not very good but that's what we got). It looks like not very comfortable but its wrong judgment. It also has built in vibration. It has 5 speed, music and different sounds. And its the place where we didn't like it. Music here is so-so, as well as sounds. Another place where we didn't like it it's mobila. It not attract her just annoys her. Our daughter dosn't like it at all. Another disappointment is safety bar. When it attached there's no way to remove it, you need to disassemble a lots of seat to do it. Our daughter likes it even though there're few things for improvement.

I LOVE this Product!!!!

Comments about Graco Silhouette Swing:

I never had a product like this before. When I had my daughter I only had a car seat and I would have to rock her all the time to keep her quiet. whether it was in the car seat or with me in a rocking chair, but when my mom bought this swing I had a big relief. I can finally do all the things I need to around the house and it is light enough to carry to any room I need to. The soothing rocking sound and the rocking motion rocks her to sleep instantly. This product is a keep for as long as she can sit in it and also for future uses too.

Our baby likes it!!

from Gretna, NE

Comments about Graco Silhouette Swing:

The design is nice although it is somewhat wide and takes up more room than I would prefer. I'm sure the tray is necessary for safety reasons, but we never use it. It just hangs open the whole time our son swings, which is probably more of a safety risk than anything. I do often look over and realize he has stopped swinging even though I have the motor turned to "6" level. It has never swang very fast even when he was a newborn. Our son does still enjoy the swing and it was a decent purchase.

Safety
        The safety straps are easy to use especially with a sleeping baby. However, the tray gets in the way and is not very useful at this point.

Features
        The music and sounds it plays are okay, but my son is not entertained or soothed by them. In fact, the birds sounds like quite scary.

Overall good product with some issues

from Omaha, NE

• Features:

This swing looks nice but isn't practical.....stops working!

Comments about Graco Silhouette Swing:

We had the same problem with this swing that other reviewers had. My son only used the swing for 2 months tops and by that time the motor had stopped working properly. We'd turn the swing on and it wouldn't swing. It would make the noise like it was working but my son would lay there stationary. For a while it would help if we pushed the swing after we turned it on but eventually that stopped helping. We'll need a new swing for our next child. What a waste of money!

Good Swing

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Graco Silhouette Swing:

*I bought this swing bc we had a little bundle on the way after we had four already and got rid of everything. Yeah...o well...lol...more fun. Well, once we found out it was a boy, my hubby bought this swing. We mainly bought it bc of the style. We have nuetral brown in our living rm and we are color cordinated. Well, when we put this gigantic thing together we were pleased on what we seen. It has a mobile, which you have the option of removing. It plays various calming sounds as well as some music. Has a variety of speeds as well. It also came with a head support for when they are small. It had the places to add the toys, but none came with it...we didn't notice that when we bought it. I like how it has a harness too rather thanjust the normal belt. This thing goes through the batteries though...holy cow!!! My son slept a lot in this...andit kept a colicky and stubbourn baby asleep...thats what matters :)*

A great baby swing!

from Macungie, PA

Comments about Graco Silhouette Swing:

I registered for the Graco Silhouette Swing - Deco because I was registering for the other Graco Deco Swing products.  I loved that it matches the highchair, Pack 'n Play, boucer, car seat, and stroller!!!!  The set really looks great.

More importantly, my baby loves the swing.  It really helps to calm him down and relax.  The multiple settings for the swing are great.  It also can vibrate.  The musical sounds are also a nice to have feature.  The battery life has also been very good.  It would be nice if there was an adapter that you could just plug into the wall.  The bear mobile and animals on the tray are also very cute.  I am sure my son will like to play with them when he gets bigger.

The swing did come with minor scratches on it, but that is mainly because it is made of plastic.  The was nothing structural wrong with the swing.  I also noticed minor stratches on the other pieces in the Graco Deco set.

I would recommend this swing.

The best idea for a baby swing, technology is good.

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Graco Silhouette Swing:

When my first daughter was born, I was given a wind up swing. For her, it worked fine. I would wind it up and she would drift off to sleep. However, when my son was born, seventeen months later, we were given a Graco Deco swing. I loved that swing. It rocks the baby in a very natural way any as well as the traditional wind swings do. My third child came along, and we most absolutely kept the Graco deco sliding swing around. My youngest got the same enjoyment and calmness out of the swing. I recommended that type of swing to everyone, whether they were expecting or already had babies or new someone that could use the information. I even bought a couple for a few of my friends that had babies later on. The way swings have changed in just even a years' time is simply amazing. So to anyone reading this, I stongly recommend a Graco Deco sliding swing. Thank you for taking the time to read my review.

Jennifer85

Graco Silhouette Swing: ALMOST as perfect as baby.

from Big Island, VA

Comments about Graco Silhouette Swing:

This Graco Silhouetter Swing really is sweet. Compared to the first baby swing we owned, the Graco Silhouette Swing shows that baby swings have come a long way, baby!

**What I like about the Graco Silhouette Swing:**

-low and super stable means

This makes it feel really safe to mom.

-parent friendly assembly

Putting this swing together didn't make us want to pull out our hair.

-stylish, modern, subtle colors

I am all about bright colorful baby toys but since baby swings and the like really become furniture in your home, I am glad Graco has toned it down a bit with soft, stylish color schemes.

-baby's own sound system is a big bonus

This swing has built-in music with classical music or nature sounds- sweet!

The only thing I haven't LOVED about this baby swing is the motor. No mom wants a swing to be zippity and shake or jar the baby but come on, this one really has no power. You really have to help it get started.

***My Viewpoint: ***There's a lot to love about this Graco swing but I do wish it had a bit more "swing."

This Graco swing looks great, but that is about it

from Ardmore, OK

Comments about Graco Silhouette Swing:

I bought this swing because it matched our set of baby things. We had the high chair, pack n play, car seat/stroller, and then this swing all in the same fabric design. I have two little ones and we bought this for the first. At first it worked okay, but the motor quickly died out and did not want to bring the swing to motion. It would make noise like it was trying to work, but the baby sat still in the swing. So then we had to give it a kick start and push the swing a bit to give it some momentum to swing. That worked for a while, but eventually it would not even keep up momentum after we gave it a jump start. The colors and design are wonderful and very appealing, as well as the sounds. There were various sounds such as nature, music, heart beat, etc. but they sounded really staticy and were sometimes a jumbled mess. This required constant battery changing to keep it alive, which is a money problem for me.

Only worked when my baby was a newborn

from Wildomar, CA

Comments about Graco Silhouette Swing:

I recieved this a gift and while I was very grateful, I HATED it. The music was nice and so were the other real life sounds, but it had little to no power when it came to the swing rocking. I couldnt just turn it on while it wasnt rocking because it couldnt pick up speed, I had to get it started rocking when I turned it on to help it out. Also if I put it on too little speed it would end up stopping but it would be making the noise that it was moving. That's another problem I had with it, it was loud. I needed it for my colicy baby but a lot of time he couldnt sleep in it because when it was rocking it was making noise and after using it for a while it started to sqeak. It took up a lot of room as well and only could be against a wall. As my son got bigger he couldnt even swing in it at all unless it was on the highest speed setting. I was very unsatisfied with this swing and I would not reccomend it to any mom or dad.