Other Strollers:

Graco Ready2Grow LX Stand and Ride Stroller

Pros

Cons

• Maneuverability:

A portable double stroller that isn't cumbersome

I bought this to use with my infant and 3 year old. They are now almost 2 and 5. We have used it everywhere, from the park to the mall. It has a detachable "jump seat" that faces the parent and another non-movable seat up front. I liked that I could use my infant carrier on the parent-facing part (even though it was a non-Graco brand carrier it worked fine for me, but it is recommended to use Graco brand carriers). After my baby grew out of her carrier, she would ride in the jump seat and could still see me. Now that she's older, she rides up front and my older child rides on the sit and stand seat. Reaching the basket underneath does require lifting the sit and stand seat and having the older child move. The front seat is a bit short, but the stroller itself is pretty short compared to most front-back double strollers. I don't feel like I'm pushing a train through the store. It's pretty easy to maneuver as long as the heavier child is in back. It was a little tough when my older child sat up front, but it was nothing that would prevent me from using this stroller. It has detachable sun shades which remove and install easily. The adult cupholder swings out from the parent tray and is a bit flimsy. Overall I love this stroller. It's not too big but it fits both of my kids and my huge diaper bag. It's compact enough to fit in the trunk of my Corolla although I have to detach the sunshades. It is a very tight fit if I leave them attached, although I can in fact get it into the trunk with them attached. It's just easier to take them off and put it in without them.

I like that it's compact, folds easily, fits in the trunk of my smallish car (Corolla), and can seat two children easily in several configurations. I like the removable jump seat which faces the parent and that it can accommodate infant carriers as well.

Safety
I have had no issues with the safety of this item.

Child Comfort
The child up front may become uncomfortable as they grow because that seat is a bit shallow and there's no foot rest. But both of my children have been fine.

Maneuverability
With a heavier child up front, it's harder, but even so it's not terrible. With the heavier child in back, it's great. I have no trouble steering or turning, or moving around stores. It's not a long stroller so that helps (compared to other front-back double strollers that I tested before I bought this one). We have used this at parks, on grass, the street, dirt, and the mall. It rides well over all these terrains, although as you can imagine, it's tougher to push on the grass/dirt type areas.

We've had this since my youngest was a baby, and she is almost two. So far it's holding up great. I remove the sunshades often and they still work fine. The cupholder, though slightly flimsy feeling, seems to be fine as well, although I do not use it that often. The child seats are in great shape.

Difficult

I have the following complaints about this stroller:

1. A piece of plastic broke from ours right out of the box. It didn't affect function, so we didn't...Read complete review

I have the following complaints about this stroller:

1. A piece of plastic broke from ours right out of the box. It didn't affect function, so we didn't return it.

2. There is 1 single locking brake in the back. When you step down to lock it, it feels like you moved it into a locked position before you actually push down hard enough to lock it. One of the first times I used it, I was coming out of a shopping mall with my 3 yr old and 3 month old. I stopped just outside the doors to tend to my 3 yr old who had tripped and fallen. I set the brake ( or so I thought) and turned around to my 3 yr old. My 3 month old was in her infant carrier attached to the front of the stroller. She went rolling off the curb and flipped over onto the asphalt. Thankfully, she only sustained a scratch. I kept using the stroller after this. I just know now that I must apply more force to the brake and wait for the crunching sound.

3. When folded up, if you want to move it on its wheels, you have to drag or push from the front tray. You cant do it with the stroller handle due to the extra plastic on the back for standing it up on its own.

4. I drive a Lincoln Navigator (same as a Ford Expedition). It will only fit if my 3rd row seats are folded down.

5. I'm 5'2", and I find it akward loading and unloading it, since it doesn't fold more compactly.

6. After having it for nearly 2 years, the "gears" in the handle that you have to turn to open up the stroller to the riding position are very stiff. I find opening it very difficult.

7. Once in the open position, I have to shove the handle downward to make sure everything is locked into position. I have nearly folded my son up in it a couple times.

For the price, I would probably do more research and choose a different stroller if I had it to do over. This was a gift, so I'm not out any money.

amazing

from north carolina

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Durable
  • Easily Stowed
  • Easy To Maneuver
  • Easy To Set Up
  • Lightweight
  • Smooth Ride

Cons

• Bulky

• Infants
  • Newborn
  • Toddlers

Comments about Graco Ready2Grow LX Stand and Ride Stroller:

I love this product so much.

Nice idea but could use some redesign work.

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Graco Ready2Grow LX Stand and Ride Stroller:

For taking a walk around the neighborhood or a quick shopping trip, this stroller works great. However, if your child wants to sleep, like when you are on a day trip to a place like an amusement park, it is not the most comfortable design. The legs of my 3 yr old hang over the foot rest. It would really be nice if the seats were longer for their legs. Another thing, Her head is above the top of the seat. These two problems make her look very uncomfortable.

It would also be nice if the back seat could recline somewhat. It is really not the best for a baby without a carrier. They have to sit up too straight.

Also, with the front seat fully reclined a toddler sitting on the bench seat can't sit very well. The other seat hits into them.

As for transporting the stroller, it is not the easiest to put in my Sienna Mini Van I need to take off the front tray and the sunshades. Not particularly a big deal unless you are trying to do things quickly. The shades are a bit difficult to pull out. Also, it is not very easy to open the stroller. You need to turn a piece of the handle as you pull the stroller apart. After nearly a year it still takes me a little time.

The basket is a good size holding quite a bit of stuff. I was able to put in a backpack, small cooler and another bag and still had some room. However access is not the easiest when a child is sleeping with the front seat reclined.

Moving the stroller is quite easy. I had no problems around the amusement park, even going over the train tracks with ease.

Seats definitely need to be deeper, allowing legs to be supported better. Rear seat needs to recline.

• Maneuverability:

Great when you have a second

Comments about Graco Ready2Grow LX Stand and Ride Stroller:

I saw this Graco Ready to Grow stroller when I was pregnant with my third child. My first stroller was great and I still use it but I need something for my 4 year old and a newborn. I had to have some room to be able to put stuff on the bottom but have 2 kids that were comfortable. My favorite part of the Graco Ready to Grow Stroller is that it can be configured so many different ways so that it can fit your situation for your family. I did not have to put it together as my SIL was here to do it for me. But she didnt seem to have much trouble with it. It was a little hard to learn how to open and close it. It is a big stroller and unless you have a bigger car this stroller is not the right option for you. It is also not an easy stroller to push around. I have always used a jogging stroller which is very easy to push around so it is hard to compare that with regular strollers. dont hesitate to buy this stroller if you have more than one child.

Good Product

from Nazareth, pa

Comments about Graco Ready2Grow LX Stand and Ride Stroller:

Great for 2 kids just very bulky and hard to change the options. My children are 2 totally different ages and stages and it works great for both of them. My daughter loves that she can sit or stand when she pleases if i just switch it for her.

Good for 2 kids of different ages. It is very bulky. I have a mini van and have a hard time fitting it in the cargo room.

Safety
Great options for restraints and locking devices. The car seat snaps into place while you still need that for younger children in both seats. I don't like the latching mechanism when you fold the stroller up. It comes unlatched all the time.

Child Comfort
My daughter loves sitting in the front and being able to stand if i move her infant brother. I can reposition her seat that she can lean back more or sit up more.

Maneuverability
Sometimes a little hard to move when in tight spaces like stores. It is very easy to control when out for a walk or at a park when you are in wide open spaces.

• Maneuverability:

Great addition for your 2nd addition!

Comments about Graco Ready2Grow LX Stand and Ride Stroller:

I love this stroller. It is perfect for my 4 year old and my 9 month old. It gives us room to store things underneath so that's a major plus for me. My 4 year old likes sitting in the front or the back and really loves standing. Lots of options for a busy 4 year old. It's a bit heavy for me but you'll have that with a big stroller like this. When we picked this out I was pregnant and our daughter loved that she had so many seating options...we got this from Santa aka grandparents and the 4 year old was just as excited as me!

I like the design but I do not like the placement of the brake. I also like the cup holders and the shades on both of the seats.

Safety
the safety harnesses are very good, a little hard to get clipped on a busy baby but still very good.

Child Comfort
My 4 year old loves it and the baby often falls asleep in it so he must be comfortable as well.

Maneuverability
My husband mostly pushes it and he loves it...doesn't really work very well in snow but how often do you push a stroller in the snow? We have a few times this winter but we deal with it.

very durable! seems like it could really take a beating between 2 kids and survive.

Difficult

• Maneuverability:

Great Stroller, convient for growing families.

Comments about Graco Ready2Grow LX Stand and Ride Stroller:

I have really loved this stroller and have used it well. We have owned it for about 8 months. We bought it when my daughter was about 3 months old, and my son was 2. I loved that I could put the baby in the back seat facing me. Something I really liked in this stroller vs. other double strollers is that it is not as long so you don't feel like the kid in the front is really far away from you. We took this Stroller to disney land and it worked great. Storage area underneath is big. Now that my kids are a year older we have removed the back seat to had a sit and stand which my 3 year old loves. The only con is that sometimes if you're not paying attention your foot will catch on the back "step" of the stroller while watching, so you learn to shorten your stride. The strollers folds up easy and is compact. Also, make sure your child is buckled because they can slide out of the front seat between the seat and the food tray.

After 8 months I have had to tighten things back down and it squeaks a little bit.

Big but Nice

Comments about Graco Ready2Grow LX Stand and Ride Stroller:

We bought this when we were expecting our 2nd child. Comfort of both kids is pretty good. The front seat is kinda small put fit my 2-3 year pretty well. The back has a seat that is removable and my 7 month old loves to sit there. Reminds me of when you put them in a shopping cart. It does feel like your driving a truck with this put when you only want to push one stroller in a theme park its the price you pay. The bottom basket is quite big and fits both kids stuff with room to spare. Love the cup holder. when folding it is still quite large and even in my Jeep Patriot is very tight fit. I have to pull off the front tray and fold the canopies just right to get in my car. However we do like it alot. Its very conveinent when I am by myself.

Wonderful!

Comments about Graco Ready2Grow LX Stand and Ride Stroller:

This is a wonderful stroller! I absolutely LOVED it when my daughter was a toddler and my son was an infant! It had great maneuverability and was easy to get in and out of the trunk of my car or the back of the minivan! I would definitely recommend this stroller to anyone who has an infant and a toddler!

Loved the design of this stroller! Was able to conveniently and safely transport both my toddler and infant with this stroller!

Safety
I didn't have to worry about my toddler getting lost when I had this stroller, I could just buckle her in and no worries!

Child Comfort
My toddler never complained about riding anywhere! And I didn't have to worry about her running off anywhere when we were all out and about.

Maneuverability
This stroller was so easy to move around with, even when it was loaded down with both kids and all their stuff.

This stroller held up so well, I was able to resell it when my kids outgrew it!

Love this stroller!

Comments about Graco Ready2Grow LX Stand and Ride Stroller:

I love the functionality of this stroller and the many different ways that it can be arranged to put the kids in. However, the size of it makes it difficult to fit into the trunk of a car.

The fact that there are 12 different ways to adjust the seating makes it great for kids so that they don't always have to ride in the same place on the stroller.