Other Travel Systems:

Graco Quattro Tour Travel System Stroller

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Lasted through two kids and countless miles of strolls!

I received the Graco Quattro Tour travel system (stroller and infant Snugride car seat) at my baby shower 4 1/2 years ago and now, two kids later, the stroller is still being used daily.  The Sungride infant car seat was used for both of my children and was a complete lifesaver.  It made it so easy to cart the baby in and out of places while providing a safe and cozy place for baby to sit and nap too.  No matter where we went baby had his/her own chair!  I loved this car seat so much (despite it's heavy weight) that I kept my babies in it as long as possible, moving them into a convertible type care seat shortly before their first birthdays.  The car seat easily snapped into/out of the stroller also, with no problems whatsoever.  Once snapped in the well-designed sun shades of both the stroller and car seat could be pulled shut to completely shield baby from every angle, while the mesh vents still allowed proper airflow to keep baby cool and comfy.  The stroller itself has been used A LOT and has held up fairly admirable, although now, 4 years later, the wheels are somewhat squeaky.  I do have two complaints with the stroller.  First, the parent tray, although great to have, frequently detaches from the stroller upon unfolding and goes flying onto the street.  It is easily snapped back together, but still a bit of a nuisance.  Second, the basket underneath holds a lot, which is great, but pretty early on the "lowering" function stopped working, so unless I very forcefully struggle to make the basket detach, and then fight to get it to stay back up, this basket does not lower.  Not a problem except when my little one is sleeping in the fully reclined position, at which point I either wrestle with the basket (and hope for the best) o I just can't access anything in the basket. Still, even with these problems, I have really enjoyed this stroller.  The seatbelt is great, comfortable for baby and easy to use, the stroller handles like a dream and it collapses instantly with a simple twist of the handle.  It is a heavy stroller, so be prepared for a tiny bit of a workout when lifting it into/out of an SUV, but if it weren't so heavy it wouldn't stroll so easily and smoothly on even rough terrain (which it does!)  All in all I would highly recommend this travel system.  It is more than worth the very reasonable price!

Looks the part, CAR SEAT A DISASTER, pram great

Being a very safety-aware, price conscious mum-to-be, I scoured the shops and internet for a few months befroe deciding on the Graco Quattro Travel System, (a slighly smaller version of the Tour Delux- with accessories and thermometer-all on a smaller frame).

We asked in Babies r Us, if the car seat base was compatible with our cars (a VW Golf 4 and a Polo) and we were told that it was.

From the hour we left hospital with out little one- I was in tears at her position. Thinking that I was just exhausted and the baby- possibly too young for the seat- I allowed it to pass. But every time she fell asleep in the back, her head would loll forwards. I cannot explain how traumatic it was to open the back door and find your baby in that state. We had the seat installation checked at Halfords and we were told it was correctly installed. The position of the chair is just too upright, and to add to it- the straps have no cushioning over her shoulders and the head support cushion doesnt do anything (and is a bit flimsy).

We would have returned it except- the seat label stated that once the label (holding the belts together) was removed- returns wouldn't be accepted.- Well, the 'spirit-level' feature appeared to be safe so we didnt think anything of cutting tags off.

I hoped, as her neck got stronger- she'd be fine- but it almost got worse, the heavier her head got- on one occasion she was grey when I lifted her head and I cried on the spot. We have since opted for a Britax car seat and we just move her out of it and into the pram. That was the best thing we ever did.

The pram is great, is they'd put the same effort into the car seat -we'd be onto a winner.

So disappointed

Calling all mums to be- travel sytems may not be the ideal solution- consider other options carefully.

Excellent Travel System with a few drawbacks

Comments about Graco Quattro Tour Travel System Stroller:

What a great system to have from birth on! right away baby will be using the carseat with the base, additional bases can be purchased. It's an easy in and out of your car and baby doesn't even have to be bothered. Awesome! Then as baby outgrows the carseat the stroller takes over in this system. Big wheels makes it go over grass and some rocks with ease. Its not a jogging stroller although I did run a bit with it as well. Great stroller and it lasted for a long time!

We purchased our system in 2005 for our first child and we still use the stroller 8 years later for our other kids! The carseat expired although beyond the date expiring there wasn't anything wrong with it so very durable. We did recycle it though because we were finished with our children at that point.

Versatility
Its easy to put the carseat into the stroller or into the car using the base. The base is not necessary if you wanted to use a seatbelt too, although the base does make it a lot easier to use.

The stroller is easy to fold which I loved. The drawback would be the size of it. When folded its pretty big yet and sometimes hard to fit into a trunk. Mine would scrape the top of my trunk and it has worn a small hole into a part of it. It doesn't affect the stroller much other then the appearance though. That said it can get through security at the airport by folding it up and putting it onto the luggage belt. We only flew with ours once, after that we used a smaller umbrella stroller.

Safety
I do not see any problems with the safety of our stroller or of the carseat.

If I remember correctly the carseat did come apart to be able to hand wash the cover. The stroller on the other hand does not come apart so it hard to clean the fabric. I would give the carseat a 9 but the stroller a 7 because of this.

• Safety:

LOVE the Graco Travel System!

Comments about Graco Quattro Tour Travel System Stroller:

We received the Graco Travel System as a baby gift for our son in 2010 and were so pleased with it! It is so so easy to get the car seat in and out of the base, which makes it extremely convenient. We also love the versatility of being able to put the car seat right into the stroller. It snaps in and out so easily, which is ideal for Minnesota winters! The stroller folds up nicely to fit in the car and is simple to set up. We also love love love the basket under the seat. It holds a lot and is so nice to not have to carry everything around. The cup holders on the handle and the little cubby are also super convenient; during trips to the zoo and parks it is nice to be able to have a beverage holder and to stash the camera or our phones in the cubby. We don't use the stroller as much anymore but it is still in extremely nice condition and works just as nicely as it did when we first got it over 3 years ago, so it is very very durable and long-lasting. We would recommend it for any new parent!

• Safety:

Wonderful quality for the price.

Comments about Graco Quattro Tour Travel System Stroller:

This product is wonderful, you get the stroller and the infant car
seat.Product is good quality and comes in more than one color. I have 5 kids and this has held up so good. There is very little wear and tear on mine for as much as it was used with my kids

I used this with all 5 of my children. It is holding up as if it was new. With 5 kids there is very little wear and tear on the fabric. Ease to keep clean.

Versatility
The stroller is versatile, the infant car seat fits on it and when your child is older they can sit in the stroller. This is very versatile.

One hand can open stroller. Takes two hands to put car seat onto the stroller. It is fairly easy to use.

Safety
Car seat has harness straps to hold child in. Stroller has strap to lock child in so they don't fall out. I think both items are safe.

Wet towel or fabric cleaner gets both stroller or car seat clean. The car seat cover can be taken off and washed,

Graco stroller

Comments about Graco Quattro Tour Travel System Stroller:

This graco quattro tour travel system stroller is great. Very easy to fold and unfold,durable and light weight it has great features. The car seat is not heavy at all and easy to remove to clean it. I love them both they are easy to put together also. 5 stars

The best for the money

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Graco Quattro Tour Travel System Stroller:

We received one of these before our daughter was born. It was the best gift we received. We were able to use the carrier for the entire first year after she was born. The stroller however we used until she was 3 1/2. We then were able to allow a friend use it as well. They were able to use the carrier and base for their son's first year. They are still using the stroller.

5 1/2 years of use from the stroller alone.

Easy in a nd out of the trunk. One handed open and close of the stroller.

• Safety:

The best travel system around

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Graco Quattro Tour Travel System Stroller:

I have used 4 different travel systems since 1997 and this was the best one over all.

I have been using this travel system for 2 years now ( well the car seat for 1 year) and have had no problems at all with the durability.

Versatility
The car seat and base make getting in and out the the car a breeze and the stroller works well for newborns up to about 3-4 year olds.

It is very easy to use.

Safety
They have been no recalls on the one that I bought.

You simply remove a few screws and put all the fabric in that washer and everything else is easily wiped down with your favorite cleaning solution or just soap & water.

• Safety:

I love my Graco Travel System!

from Valley Center, KS

Comments about Graco Quattro Tour Travel System Stroller:

We've used our Graco Travel System-consisting of a SnugRide infant seat and a Quattro Tour stroller-for all three kids now. Our oldest is nearly four, and the last one is about to outgrow it. We first had it in the middle of the backseat of my 2000 Dodge Neon, and it fit just fine. It was easy to get in and out, even in the middle. I love that the base isn't required to strap the seat into someone else's car-just slide the seat belt through the guides on top. Also, even though it's a bigger stroller, it still fit in the trunk of my Neon, and it's always been easy to push around. It rides well over bumps. I even used it with two kids when I flew by myself with them; I just reclined the seat and put one child in front of the other. It's very sturdy! I've washed the seat cover many times, and I found it easy to remove and reinstall. I'm kinda gonna miss it when we pass it on for someone else's baby!

Graco travel system has all you need

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about Graco Quattro Tour Travel System Stroller:

I purchased the graco Quattro travel system when my first child was born in 2005. At the time it was great. It came with the carrier, a car seat base and stroller. I bought this system to last and it definitely did. A. Few years later when we had our second child, we took the carrier and stroller back out. Since a few years had passed we noticed some flaws. For one, the carrier is SO heavy. I can barely carry it this time around. The stroller is very worn to use for more than one child unless not used very much. This stroller came in a variety of colors and patterns including a number of gender neutral ones. Being that my first child was a boy, opted for a nice gray pattern that also worked well with my daughter later on. All in all it's a good stroller and though I would recommend it I believe there are also better models out there. Definitely do your research, especially with the carrier, it's the heaviest most inconvenient part of this system. The stroller part is also very heavy and bulky. We usually kept it in the trunk because we had no other place for it.

Looks the part, CAR SEAT A DISASTER, pram great

from Alloy, WV

So disappointed

Graco Travel System

from New Berlin, WI

Comments about Graco Quattro Tour Travel System Stroller:

I received the Graco Quattro Travel System as a gift at my baby shower several years ago and still have it and use it often. I have used this stroller and car seat with both of my children and it has held up very well. The car seat is comfortable and easy to remove from base and place securely in the stroller. I really like that when the car seat is placed in the stroller the baby is facing whoever is pushing the stroller. This is great for interacting during walks. The stroller is wonderful. I love that the seat reclines if needed and the basket underneath is great to store a diaper bag. The drink tray up top works well for holding beverages and the snack tray for the child is very convenient. The only negative aspect of the stroller is that it is still quite large/bulky even when folded up. But overall I love this stroller and always joke that it has more miles on it than my car! We walk every where if the weather permits and this stroller has definitely worked great for us. I would definitely recommend the Graco Travel System.