Other Travel Systems:
Chicco
Models:
04065245760070, 05079022220070, 06079045930070, 07079045620070, 04079045060070, 04065245870070, 04065245540070, 04060796630070, 07060796560070, 00060796580070
Chicco Cortina Travel System Stroller

Chicco Cortina Travel System Stroller

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Beautiful, comfortable, safe system for your little one

This is a nice travel system for the price.  It's not as expensive as the trendier brands and just a little higher than the run-of-the-mill strollers you see everywhere.  It folds easily and is lightweight.  It fits well into the trunk of my sedan.  The car seat is a breeze to install and adjust.  It's a little heavy to be used as a carrier, but I prefer a sling anyway.  I like the fabric choices - all mod and neutral.  The stroller is comfortable to push and has an adjustable handle, large storage basket, is able to recline fully for sleeping or diaper changes, and has ample cup/storage space for parents.  I wish the handle could turn around so baby can face in or out instead of just one way.  I bought this as a replacement for a Safety 1st system I couldn't stand.  I've used it for well over a year now and will be using it with our second child soon.  I think it's a great value for a new parent!

Loved the car seat but hated the stroller

This was one of those "live and learn" purchases. I purchased this system when my daughter was born a few years ago thinking something that costs so much would last. And if course I absolutely HAD to have it because the pieces matched and it only makes sense that it would be more convenient since the pieces all work together, right? WRONG. What I didn't know at the time was most stroller manufacturers make adapters so that you can use other brand car seats with their stroller... wait for it... LIKE a travel system. Surprise! Anyhow- here's what I learned from my mistake.

Let's start with the good- the car seat is awesome. Chicco is a reputable and safe brand and this car seat is the easiest to install properly. With those level guides on the side you can't go wrong. And the LATCH belts are very easy to thread tightly. In fact, after owning several different competitor brand car seats I am convinced that Chicco does it best when it comes to ease of installation. Aside from that, the car seat fits baby well even as she grows. My baby was pretty small, under 6 lbs when we left the hospital , and she fit well with the newborn insert. The seat belt is easy to thread and hardly twists. Clicking it into the base is very easy as is removing it from the base. I did have trouble getting the seat to snap properly into the stroller but I think that's more of a stroller issue than anything. One negative is the tiny canopy. But I didn't mind that so much considering all the other positives.

Now the bad. And there's a lot of bad. As in- the entire stroller is bad. It is a giant heap of plastic on horrible plastic wheels. Those wheels equal a horrible, bumpy ride. And I mean EVERY bump no matter how little. Need to off road? Forget about it. Don't even try playground mulch, grass or sand. DEFINITELY not sand. It also steers like a tank. Even with a tiny baby in the stroller it's difficult to turn or push. The seat is very uncomfortable. In fact, the ONLY time we were able to use this stroller was when we snapped the car seat in it. Every single time we put our daughter in the main seat she ended up screaming. She would be terribly wiggly and uncomfortable. In the end we only used the stroller a few times and each time it was frustrating. Folding it down was a joke and it weighs more than the tank it steers like. The fabric is scratchy and has a smell that never quite goes away. It's just an awful stroller. I was extremely disappointed in it considering how much it cost.

Bottom line- love the car seat and would buy it again. But spend time looking at other strollers. You can get a very nice City Mini with adapters for the Chicco car seat and have a VERY nice travel system WITH a stroller that you'll happily use for a very long time.

The stroller is one step up from junk. The car seat is well made.

Versatility
Versatility? Ok. The car seat does snap, with a lot of effort, into the stroller. And that is all.

Like driving a tank through a wet concrete pit.

You can wipe it down but God bless you if you take the fabric, especially the basket, off to wash. I still can't get mine back together.

Great value

Comments about Chicco Cortina Travel System Stroller:

The Chicco Cortina Travel System Stroller is a great value. We purchased this travel system stroller for our first child and have been very happy with it. The car seat base was easy to install and the car seat and stroller seemed comfortable for our baby and durable.

Our baby outgrew the carseat around 11 months but we still use the stroller and it's still in great condition. It was durable enough to use for walks at a park with paved and dirt pathways.

The car seat was easy to secure on the base and also to secure in the car without the base. The stroller was easy to maneuver in tight spaces in stores. We were able to fold up and store in our full size sedan car trunk but would probably be a little large to fit in the trunk of a smaller sized car.

The car seat and stroller material was easy to wipe clean with a damp cloth. The entire car seat pad can be removed and cleaned as well.

The best stroller ever

Comments about Chicco Cortina Travel System Stroller:

This stroller is the best in the market. I love color and the comfort factor for my son. It is so smooth to push in different grounds. The basket underneath is so big that I always had enough room for my diaper bag plus a coat. The handle on stroller is perfeclty located even for somebody tall as my husband who is 6'1. I used this stroller for 2 years and loved it.

convenient but bulky

Comments about Chicco Cortina Travel System Stroller:

I love this travel system. It converts easily. The darker colors are easier to keep clean.

I haven't had any issues with the seat or stroller. Both have held up extremely well. Its nice to know we are considering another child and won't have to purchase a new seat or stroller. Be sure to note that like all things plastic they do have an expiration date on them. Peel back the cover and look for it!

Versatility
I love that we were able to use the seat inside the stroller then use it alone as she got older. It doesn't take much effort to convert to a laying down position if she falls asleep in it. The straps easily adjust to accommodate her size--she is in the 98% group for height and it fits her well.

It is a little bulky for me to load in the van alone and it takes up quite a bit of room but it is worth it. Once I take it out I can easily get it up and ready with one hand. It has good storage space underneath. like all the cup holder spots. Be sure to get a mommy hook and hook your purse to the handle.

Safety
There is a great little flap at the bottom of the stroller that you can flip up when they are small to help prevent them from slipping down in the stroller. As they grow, simply flip it down. The wheels lock to prevent it from rolling.

The darker color makes it easier to hide dirt. Cleaning is fairly easy with a warm soapy washcloth most anything will come off and not leave a stain. To get down in the crevices of the seat, an eyebrow brush works great to get all of the crumbs out.

Packed with features!

Comments about Chicco Cortina Travel System Stroller:

This was my only stroller for seven months until I borrowed a jogging stroller (a City Mini). I still use my Cortina for non-jogging errands because I LOVE the one-hand fold, adjustable handle, roomy basket, and the one-hand recline. It loses two points for being a little bulky, and for having an inferior canopy to most strollers, but it is still very maneuverable for such a large stroller.

Versatility
Like I said, it's a bulky stroller, so it can be a tight fit in crowded stores and it takes up a lot of my sedan's trunk. I wish that the new Chicco jogging stroller had been available when I was in the market for strollers.

Loved the car seat but hated the stroller

Comments about Chicco Cortina Travel System Stroller:

The stroller is one step up from junk. The car seat is well made.

Versatility

Like driving a tank through a wet concrete pit.

Amazing

Comments about Chicco Cortina Travel System Stroller:

Its absolutely wonderful. I love using it, its very easy to fold up and down.

Its amazing i love it! Its very easy to use. Its so nice to be able to just put the car seat right into the stroller no problem. You don't have to keep moving your child in and out of things since the car seat just fits right in the stroller. I highly, highly recommend this product to anyone looking for convenience and safety. Its a product that you can use throughout your childs life. Once they are bigger you can put them directly into your stroller. Therefore it is a very good purchase! Rather than going and buying one for when their an infant, and one later. No need to spend money twice, when you can just get this one that is such a good buy, and has such good quality. I'm so glad someone recommended this one to me, because i was clueless when i was looking for a stroller for my child, but it will not be a mistake if you buy this one. It is VERY VERY worth every penny!

• Safety:

Functional, versatile, and durable.

Comments about Chicco Cortina Travel System Stroller:

I have been extremely impressed with the Cortina Travel System Stroller. Incredibly versatile having used it while my son was a newborn and still using it at 20 months. The adjustable handle is great for tall people like myself (6'2"). Wheels roll great on paved surfaces, but are big enough to handle hard pack dirt roads/trails. The easy collapse feature makes it extremely easy to travel with. The large storage space under the seat has ample room for large diaper bags, groceries, etc. Looking forward to passing it on to my next kid!.

After 20 months of almost daily use, it still looks and rolls like new.

Versatility
Great for newborns and infants while they still fit in the car seat. Once they grow out of the car seat, there are several incline and strap adjustments to accommodate fast growing toddlers.

Installation and removal of the car seat into the stroller is a breeze. After the child grows out of the car seat, the harness is easy to buckle and adjust.

Smooth ride!

Comments about Chicco Cortina Travel System Stroller:

We love this travel system. The stroller is very easy to push even on uneven terrain. We used it all day at a Renaissance fair and had no problems. It takes a little practice to close it one handed but it can be done. That came in very handy. The car seat snaps in and out easily. The adjustable handle is great for pushing it comfortably. I also like the nice thick padding around it. The back of the stroller also reclines all the way so baby can nap. That was very hand for us at an outdoor wedding at bedtime. The only down side is I wish the seat sat up closer to 90 degrees. Sometimes when our baby was little he would try and lean forward to grab snacks from the tray or just to sit up and look around. The shoulder straps prevented this and he didn't like the reclining feeling as much. Very small problem. The bigger he gets the less it bothered him. Oh and the snap out tray is great of easy cleaning!

Our son easily fell asleep in this stroller and car seat. He never had a problem being put in the car seat and was usually sleeping in a few minutes. The car seat lasted us to about his first birthday. he was born on the small side so some parents may not get as much use out of it. Overall we love it and am so glad my sister-in-law recommended it to us. I would tell everyone it's a great travel system!

Versatility
It would be great if the backrest came up closer to 90 degrees. little babies some times like to see what is going on and it's harder when they are reclined back.

Oh also loved the car seat snapped into the stroller both sunshades could be use to keep a small baby nice and cozy. Great for naps.

• Safety:

All in one stroller car seat combo

Comments about Chicco Cortina Travel System Stroller:

I bought this for my son before he was born and used the car seat from the time he was born till he grew out of it when I turned him front facing at 13 months old. The car seat is a little heavy to cart around compared to some others I have seen, especially as my son got older but it is nice because it clicks right in to the stroller making it easy to transport that way. It also if very heavy duty and always felt my son would be safe in it in case we were ever in a car accident. The car seat also has an infant insert that made it fit well for my little guy when he was born and as he got bigger you can remove it making it useable for longer. Now for the stroller I have used that thing so much over the last two years and it still is holding up really well, it is really easy to fold up and is very durable, but also with that it is a little on the heavy size but I think that has helped it hold up over the years of use. I am easily able to fold it up and it fit in the trunk of my Mazda 6 with room in the trunk to spare. The stroller also has a basket under it to carry things in, I normally put the diaper bag there, also has a cup holder and storage compartment up by the handle for the person pushing, and cup holder and snack tray on the stroller to out things on for my little guy that is also removable in case you don't want it on the front of the stroller, overall I was very happy with this purchase and would buy it again if I have another kid in the future.

Little heavy but super durable, stroller still holding very strong after tons of use having owned it for two years

Versatility
Car seat changes so your child can use it for a long time, and connects to stroller and stroller has been used by me for 2 years for my child and still holding strong.

All parts are easy to use and the stroller is made to close with one hand which takes a try or to to get used to but makes things easy if you have one hand full

Safety
Now I can't say I've been in an accident to really out this to the test but it is nice and heavy duty and I felt it was extremely durable and had great safety ratings when I bought it.

The material is easily wiped clean and I've never had and issue with getting it clean

• Safety:

This product was wonderful, helpful, comfortable & easy to use.

Comments about Chicco Cortina Travel System Stroller:

We love our Chicco Cortina Travel Systems Stroller. It was very helpful, comfortable, and easy to use. It's portable and handy for our other family members to use as well. I love that it adjusted to different heights because I'm 5 feet 2 inches and my husband is 6 feet. Since it was adjustable we both could use it with no problem.

Very durable and it transitioned smoothly as our baby grew. We used it with the cars seat attached when he was first born and continued to use the stroller without the car seat connected once he became a toddler.

Versatility
We used this product anywhere. The car seat was easy to transfer to other vehicles if needed. The Stroller was prefect for ways to get out, go for a walk, take mini vacations, even travel to Florida for the winter.

Quick, simple, and easy to use for anyone in the family to use and adjust the height, if needed.

Safety
We had to trouble with our product. It was very safe and durable.

Very simple, quick, and easy to take apart and clean.