Other Razors:
Gillette Mach3 Razor

Gillette Mach3 Razor

Pros

Cons

Don't buy the hype of other razors!

I started buying the Gillette Mach 3 razor with disposable heads when I was in college and I have not looked back. There are some razors that absolutely shred your face when you have to shave everyday, and that does not make for a positive shaving experience. In fact, it's actually a drain on the finances because then you have to buy after shave lotions and all the skin treatment lotions to protect your skin from all the damage that's being done to your face. Not cool, guys, not cool at all.

I actually shave my whole head, cue ball bald, you know? And each Mach 3 disposable head lasts me a month or slightly more. That's pretty stinking impressive given the surface area that's being shaved. As often as I have to shave, it is important to me to have a product that does not have me worrying about ingrown hairs, long sections of removed skin, and nicks all over the place. I have used several razors and the Mach 3 is the ONLY one I have stuck with. In fact, I'll use some space here to say that you should BY NO MEANS get sucked into the slick marketing of crappy razors like the Shick Quatro. Four blades does not necessarily mean that you are going to get a better shave. I tried using the Quatro once when the Mach 3 was unavailable but it was a dismal failure. I was seriously AMAZED by how little the Quatro picked up - could they actually market this crappy product as a razor if it did not perform like one?! What little of my hair came off my face refused to be washed from the blade. Who's got the time to coax their blade into being clean so you can keep shaving. It sucked, and sucked hard. I did not even finish using it for THAT FIRST SHAVE! I went back out and bought something that worked.

Since then I have refused to purchase anything but the Mach 3 disposable heads so that I don't have to worry about getting something less than the baby-butt smooth face and top of the head that I am used to. Electrics don't do it, other brands don't do it, only the Mach 3 has been able to deliver the superior closeness without the irritation that I have come to expect. Now, I do not waste my time with anything less than the best - and that's the Mach 3!

But that's just my opinion...

Used to be great, but new ones are not as good.

The Gillette Mach3 razor has been the only one I used for over 7 years.  It was great how the blades would be pushed back up so there was no need to move the blades with your hand for it to follow the curves.  The shave was great and it seldom nicked.  The Gillette Mach3 replacement blades are not cheap but it was worth it.  Then something changed and the blades no longer respond like they used to.  You still get the same great close shave, but it is not as easy to use.  After several trials it seems they work like they used to if you shave in the sink.  However, if you shave in the shower do not expect them to work well.  A new handle did not take care of the issue, but if used with older, non-previously used blades they worked just like they used to.

Customer service was great in trying to find the cause of the problem; they even sent new blades and asked for the old ones to be sent to them.  This is still a great razor and better than a lot of them out there.  I just wish they would figure out what they changed to make them not have the great feature I liked and is the reason I was loyal to them for over 7 years.

Great Razor

Comments about Gillette Mach3 Razor:

I have purchased razor blades for about 15 years now. I have tried many brands and many styles, but when the Mach 3 came out, I had to try it. I have been using Gillete products for many years and the Mach 3 Razor for about 10 years. This is a great razor that leaves your face really smooth that does not irritate your skin like others do. My only concern is that the price on this product is not very cheap and has been increasing over the years.

very good quality

Comments about Gillette Mach3 Razor:

This is one of my favorite razors to use not only does it have a smooth feel to it. It also leaves your skin feeling refreshed and smooth with absolutely no nicks and no burning sensation. It is also easy to use and all you have to do is replace the blades instead using it twice or son then throwing it away.

The Mach 3 razor is tough on my beard but easy on my face

Comments about Gillette Mach3 Razor:

Today I will shave off my beard that I grew to support the Boston Red Sox through the playoffs and I am glad that I have a Mach 3 razor to do it. I used use razors that would cut my face and leave me feeling like shaving was something I did not want to do, but now I can shave without the consequences.

Gillette Mach 3 gets the job done

Comments about Gillette Mach3 Razor:

The Mach 3 gives me a great, comfortable shave and costs less than the Fusion or other razors with more blades. I get tired of advertising that talks about how many blades are necessary when the Mach 3 does everything I need it to do while being relatively inexpensive.

Gillette does make a good razor BUT....

from Lehighton, PA

Comments about Gillette Mach3 Razor:

This is going to be a good and bad review for this product. First off this is the best as far as a non-electric razor. The shave you get from this product is remarkable. So smooth and soft. You can shave up, down or sideways and you will never cut yourself no matter how strongly you apply the blade. The best part about it is that you can let your shaving go for awhile and even after a week the Mach 3 razor will take the hair off your face like an eraser does pencil. No trimming required. It is truely the smoothest and softest shave I have ever gotten from a regular razor. Now for the bad. The blades only get about three good shaves per cartridge. In all honesty I have gotten as many as six to seven shaves out of one cartridge but it was a very irritating experience. In it's defence it still does not leave you with bumps or anything like that but it can be painful. Last thing I want everybody to know is that the replacement cartridges are EXPENSIVE!

Leaves skin amazingly smooth and soft, no nicks.

from Gulf Shores, AL

Comments about Gillette Mach3 Razor:

My husband and I have been using the Gillette Mach3 Shaving System for a few years. We had been using disposables with double blades, and there is no comparison.

I really thought the triple blades were just a gimmick, that it would make no difference between a double and a triple blade. But the results are truly impressive.

The blade head is hinged, allowing an easier glide around ankles, knees and jaw. Yes, it is still possible to nick yourself, but it happens about 90% less than when using a double-blade disposable.

The lubricating strip starts out blue and gradually turns to white, telling you it's time for a new blade. However, we continue to use it long after it becomes white, and still enjoy a comfortable, smooth shave.

The handle is easy to grasp and a comfortable size for both of us.

My only complaints with this system are the cost of the blade refills and what seems to be a higher-than-expected occurrence of blades with a miniscule chip at the edge, creating a bit of discomfort for a few shaves until it wears down enough to be smooth again.

All in all, we are both very pleased with our results from the Gillette Mach3 Shaving System.

Women, forget your girlie razor...go with the men's Mach3

from Oceanside, CA

Comments about Gillette Mach3 Razor:

I've tried using women's razors, as I am a woman, but have found that the Mach3 is the best razor. I find that it has a closer shave and the blade is good for all the places us women need to shave. This one does not tug and pull like other razors I've used. I LOVE THE MACH3!!!

The best razor I have ever used.

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Gillette Mach3 Razor:

I LOVE THIS RAZOR. IT IS THE ONLY KIND I WILL USE. I AM A YOUNG WOMAN AND I HAVE VERY SENSITIVE SKIN. OTHER RAZORS MAKE ME BREAK OUT IN ECZEMA. THIS RAZOR'S MULTIPLE BLADES THAT ARE WIDER THAN REGULAR GILETTE DISPOSABLE RAZORS ARE PERFECT. OTHER RAZORS DO NOT CONFORM TO MY CONTOURS AND CUT ME, UNLIKE THIS RAZOR, HOWEVER, WHEN USING THIS RAZOR BE SURE TO USE SHAVING GEL AND TO USE LIGHT STROKES WITH GENTLE PRESSURE. THIS RAZOR IS SHARPER THAN OTHER GILETTE RAZORS SO BE CAREFUL. NOT FOR THE INEXPERIENCED OR VERY CLUMSY SHAVER, BECAUSE THE BLADES ON THIS RAZOR ARE SHARPER THAN THOSE OF OTHER GILETTE RAZORS. IT CAN CUT A SMALL CHUNK OF SKIN OUT OF YOUR LEG AND IT KIND OF HURTS. BELIEVE ME, I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE. I THINK THIS RAZOR IS IDEAL FOR MEN AND WOMEN WHO DESIRE A CLOSE, SMOOTH SHAVE. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO SOMEONE WITH BODY HAIR THAT GROWS PARTICULARLY QUICKLY BECAUSE THE BLADES STAY SHARP FOR A GOOD LONG TIME.

Awesome Razor - Expensive Blades.

from Bend, OR

Comments about Gillette Mach3 Razor:

First, let's clarify a couple of things:  I am a woman using a man's razor (yes) - however I do not use this razor on my face.  I use it on my legs.  Alrighty then, continuing...

I had my own girly razor and after trying my husband's razor (shhh!) in the shower I quickly made the switch to a Mach 3.  This razor works much better than any other girl razor I've seen on the market.

I have very sensative skin and the aloe strip on the Mach 3 seems to cator to it very well.  I rarely get a razor burn from using it and get a very close shave - even over my knees.  I like how thin the head is as it's less likely to cut as I shave under my knees and close to my ankles.  I'd never use the razor without shaving cream but that can be said for any other razor out there.  It is hard to find it in different colors but it can be done (I have a red one and my husband has a grey one) which makes it easy to tell your razor from the rest.

That said.... Holy expensive cartridges!  Wowzers - the cartridge prices will eat you alive and I'm sorry, but the heads don't last phenominally long or any longer than a regular razor to be quite frank.  The definitely need to knock the price down on those things or we'll both be switching soon.

Mach 3 gets the job done

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Gillette Mach3 Razor:

I like Gillette Mach 3 Disposable Razors, although they are expensive, but it does get the job done. For me the razor does not give as good a close shave as it states. Usually when I shave I have to shave again in one to two days. It pretty much does what every razor does though it gets the hair at the top of the skin, but the hair below is there ready to grow in the next day. However, Mach 3 from Gillette does not knick my skin like those cheap throw away razors that they advertise for women, for me Mach 3 is the best razor for my skin and it gets the closest shave that I know. Also Mach 3 razors do leave the skin nice and soft, are easy to use, do not cut you as easily as other razors. The blades do dull rather quickly I would say within a month the blades start to dull and they are expensive! The 3 blades do a great job in making the shaving process quicker, and the grip is rather comfortable.