Other Razors:

Schick Intuition Plus Razor

Pros

Cons

Really cool... except

I really like the intuition, I got it as a gift after having my third baby.  Things I really like about it is that you don't need to apply shaving lotion or soap before hand, its on the razor. It has great blades and I use the one for sensitive skin. I have never had an irritation or problems with it as far as doing a good job. I love it for that.

Ilove that it is all in one and even though it costs a little more, when you factor in the cost of not having to my shaving lotion or soap (does anyone use soap anymore?) the cost is comperable.  Its amazing that no one has ever thought this up before.

I also enjoy that its got a large protective cover over the blade. I can put it on and see it, so I KNOW that its on, and do not have to worry about little fingers getting a hold of it and cutting themselves becuase I could not see that the cover was on. This way, it takes a little work to get the cover off if they do get it.  I also like the grip and design because it fits my hand well without being too large or too small. I feel like its just the right size and makes using it simple.

Another positive is that when it is time to change blades, its easy, just click and its off or on. It does not fall off either once it is in place, at least it never has for me, and I've dropped it a few times on the shower floor!

The one bad thing about it is that the shave gel above and below the blade runs out before the goodness of the blade. I think it should last a little longer, could be my fault, but the blade is still very usable after the gel is gone - so you can either continue to use it and go back to using shaving gel or soap, or change the blade unit out. It gets to be a little bit more costly when that happens. I love mine and use it a little longer before I switch the blades out. It makes it convient in the beginning and sometimes as a time saver that really makes a difference!

Schick Schtick

The Schick Intuition products are another good idea given over to poor execution. A co-worker recommended the Intuition to me when I was in search of a gentler razor for my legs during summer months, so, of course I tried it.

To start with, this razor is bulky and clunky, and doesn't feel like it's actually shaving but rather just, in a soapy way, gliding over the skin. That alone made me suspicious, and as it turned it, it was not a close shave. After a couple of uses, you've pretty much got blade and no shaving cream. In the more sensitive areas either way, this razor is likely to nick, although it nicked me a number of times overall.

Additionally, that's quite a price tag for the refills, and the shaving lotion (which really does feel like soap) doesn't last nearly as long as the blade itself does. That's kind of a (costly) waste!

While I'd love not to have to purchase "separates" just for the purpose of shaving my legs and under arms, I'll pass on the expensive Intuition refills and stick with shaving cream and my old stand-by fairly inexpensive razor.

If Schick were to improve upon this product, I'd happily try it again.

*[edited to correct embarrassing misspell]*

Awesome! The first time you use it.

from Monticello, MN

Comments about Schick Intuition Plus Razor:

When I got this razor I really liked it. It gives a great smooth shave. It has lots of blades so I don't get any nicks, as I am a terrible shaver and only like heads that will pivot a lot and razors that have lots of blades. This was great in every way the first time I used it. After the first time, there wasn't enough of the cream left to use it again. Without that the blades were tiny compared to the giant razor and I couldn't see what I was doing so I ended up cutting myself. It was awkward to use once all the cream stuff came off. That would be fine if I had used it a bunch of times, but it was after the first time of using it. If you were okay with buying a new cartridge every time that you shaved, this would be a great razor. I typically like to get at least 5 probably closer to ten times out of each set of blades- I don't mind a slightly dull razor and don't typically get cuts with my Schick Quattro. This razor would be a one time use for me and this is more expensive than a regular razor cartridge.

Clean, Close, Comfort

from Lancaster, CA

Comments about Schick Intuition Plus Razor:

The Schick Intuition razor for women is amazing. I have never had a razor give me such a close, clean shave. The after effects are wonderful, smooth, supple, carressable skin anywhere you shave. The conditioning strips across the top are great for keeping the newly shaved skin soft and beautiful. I give the Schick Intuition razor a definite two thumbs up !!

Making shaving quick at last!

from Swansboro, NC

Comments about Schick Intuition Plus Razor:

When I first saw the Schick Intuition I have to admit I was skeptical.....I have to use this? only this? The first time was a little awkward the handle is much bigger than normal disposables it is actually almost the size of a mens electric razor after a few tries with this I am now in love with the Schick IIntuition! No more adding soap, cream or gel before hand no more "prep" work just hope in the shower and grab the hand Schick Intuition and start shaving! Not only is it saving you time it is also lleaving your legs moisturized, gives a super close shave and the head itself is replacable. It comes iin a few various types bt I have yet to try one that I do not like...this will be the last brand of razor that I ever buy.

Schick Intuition is ok.

from Rosenberg, TX

Comments about Schick Intuition Plus Razor:

I was not overly impressed by this razor. I don't feel like I get a close shave with it. The moisture bar that's around the razor feels too bulky, like the actual razor doesn't get close enough to my skin.

Ugh....

from Jersey City, NJ

Comments about Schick Intuition Plus Razor:

I'm always into trying new things and with the commercial being so catchy and all I figured that I would try the Schick Intuition Razor. What a flippin' letdown. After only 3 showers one side of the lotion cartridge was already empty. So, you have to remove the cartridge from the razor (careful not to cut yourself) flip it around and use the other side of the cartridge. Shaving should not be so difficult.  Grrrr...

Convenience, convenience, convenience.

from Greeneville, TN

Comments about Schick Intuition Plus Razor:

This is the most awesome razor I've ever used.  I HATE to shave--just ask my husband--but am much more apt to do so with this convenient little razor.  You don't have to worry with messy shaving cream, constantly reapplying the cream when it gets rinsed off by the shower.  It gives a smooth, close shave without a lot of irritation.  I love it and won't ever go back to shaving creams.

I love the all in one razor and cream

from Jasper, FL

Comments about Schick Intuition Plus Razor:

I really like the ease in using this shaver. Cream and razor all in one. My only problem is that the cream doesn't ware even and you wind up wasting much of it. I think they could make a better design considering the high cost of the shaver. It is easier than using shave cream and it's east yo take when traveling.

all you need

from Groton, CT

Comments about Schick Intuition Plus Razor:

This realy is a great shaver. I think it is expesnive, but it is a combination of a razor and the cream/gel you owuld need to buy. This particluar model leaves skin feeling extras soft because of the shea butter that is in it. However, the cartridges do run out quickly. Cartridge refills can be bought, but they are the same price as buying a whole new razor which comes with two refills. I have been using this for years and will not use any other razor.

Precision Cutting

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Schick Intuition Plus Razor:

This razor is actually pretty close to perfect.  It has the ability to cut close to the root of the hair and I don't have to shave as often.  The only problem is that the razor becomes dull really easily and it's very expensive to keep buying the replacement blades.  I used it for a while but then just resorted to buying disposable razors!

Its quicker than a regular razor and painless.

from Mc Lean, VA

Comments about Schick Intuition Plus Razor:

I liked the ease and quickness of this shaver. The soap on the razor makes the use of it convenient for travel. You never have to worry about forgetting the shaving gel anymore. I found it a joy to use after using razors that burn or nick. I find myself shaving more often as it isn't a chore anymore.