Other Indoor Grills & Sandwich Makers:
George Foreman Champ Grill

George Foreman Champ Grill

Pros

Cons

George Foreman GR10B 36 is a great little countertop grill!

When my son 22 year old son was living with a roommate about an hour away from me I always worried that he wasn't eating right. I often bought him small appliances and things that I hoped would ensure that he could cook himself something to eat quickly, easily, and without the clean up being a hassle for him If those things weren't a part of the equation, it was senseless for me to but it for him because he would never use have used it. Grabbing a burger somewhere while 'on the go' is just too easy.

I purchased a **George Foreman GR10B 36 Square Inch Nonstick Countertop Grill** for my son hoping that he would use it to prepare burgers and sandwiches for himself instead of eating greasy, unhealthy fast food, and it was a very wise purchase. My son did use it quite often, and since he has moved back home because his roommate got laid off from his job, this little indoor grill has come in very handy for all of our family.

This is a very small counter-top grill that cooks only two burgers, two large chicken breasts, or 2 steaks at the time, but sometimes that's all we need. As the children get older, they are not at home to eat as often, so I use the grill to prepare quick meals for my husband and myself, and my teen-aged sons also use it when they want a quick bite to eat, as well.

Some of the features that I like about the George Foreman GR10B 36 Square Inch Nonstick Countertop Grill are:

- It isn't flat...it's shape is sloped so grease drips downward and into the removable tray. That's much healthier than many small indoor, tabletop grills.

- It cooks evenly and quickly with the help of the design and it's hinged lid.

- It has an indicator light that lets you know when it's ready to go.

- The outside doesn't get very hot at all, so I don't mind it when my 14 year old wants to use it.

- It has two non-stick, fixed, double coated cooking plates, and food really doesn't stick to the plates.

- Cleanup is quick and easy since food doesn't stick to the grill plates and the grease catching tray is removable.

We have come to use this small gem frequently and I don't have any complaints about it. It's just about perfect when all you need is a meal for one or two people. I recommend it without hesitation.

It's very easy to use and it prepares food quickly and easily.

This is one of those products that has lasted and will continue to ast a very long time if treated well.

'Cleanup is quick and easy since food doesn't stick to the grill plates and the grease catching tray is removable.'...I agree with that statement 100%.

This is very easy to use! Much easier than a regular frying pan or using the real grill!

cheap but plates are a pain

This is the bottom of the barrel George Foreman grill that I bought and then immediately replaced with their grilleration grill (much bigger and has removable plates), but it does work okay. You basically can fit only a couple of patties on this and even that's uncomfortable if they are big patties. You can fit a decent amount of fish though if they are more or less uniform thickness, you can just slice it up to cover the entire area if need be. The fat tray catches any fat runoff/fat drippings, so you can see how much fat you are avoiding in the process of grilling your food, which is kind of nice. It has a cleaner sponge and tool but I recommend using a regular sponge unless it is really hard to take off, then use their included stuff, then use barkeepers friend or Bon Ami or something that won't scratch the surface. The non-removable plates are a big drag because sometimes black stuff (carbonized food?) gets into some odd areas. Also, be prepared for discolorations as there will be smoke or whatever that goes through the seam and stains the back and sides of your grill... so I recommend getting something other than the White color that is seemingly so popular. The cord also needs to be longer since this is a countertop device without a dedicated on/off switch. Also a thermometer would be nice, but I have an IR thermometer and a meat thermometer, so I am covered on that.

Maybe best for a dorm room...

from Voorhees, NJ

Comments about George Foreman Champ Grill:

We had this little George Foreman grill for a few years until I recently finally donated it. I think we used it maybe 5 times total, he cooking surface isn't large at all, and even if it was bigger, I just don't see how using this grill is more convenient than using a pan. At least with a pan, I can wash it in the sink. With the grill, you're stuck wiping it with a rag and hoping it's clean enough. I don't see a place for this grill in the home of someone who also has a decently stocked kitchen, and a stove. I do think that it would be a useful item for someone that doesn't have access to a stove, in a college dorm room for example. If your only other option is a microwave, this is probably a step up from that at least. My other complaint is that the cord is far too short to be useful, but that seems typical on small appliances these days so I imagine it's for safety purposes or some other reason.

This is the handiest little gadget

Comments about George Foreman Champ Grill:

Years ago after my husband had a heart attack we received this appliance from a family member as a Christmas gift. It has been a wonderful small appliance for our household now that we are down to just the two of us. We can cook small healthy portions with little or no oil in a short amount of time and simply wipe it out with a damp sponge when finished. It is light weight, inexpensive and durable.

Works great. Heats up quickly and has an indicator light to let you know when it is ready, it's nonstick surface is easy to clean but we do usually spray with an olive oil cooking spray. Most foods simply lift right out. Comes with an easy to empty grease cup to catch any excess oils or grease from foods such as hamburgers that may render out. Makes great burgers, hot sandwiches, grilled cheese, grilled fish and we love zucchini or sliced potatoes grilled in it. This is a great appliance to give as gifts for college students living in the dorm and a must for the empty nester and retirees that don't want to spend all their time cooking.

Ours has lasted for years now with all parts working still.

Simply allow your appliance to cool and wipes out easily with a damp sponge. I wipe the outside of the appliance with sponge and put grease cup in dishwasher.

It is really simple to use. Just plug in and wait for the indicator light to indicate that it is preheated. Spray your grill with nonstick baking spray and add your burger, fish, veggies or sandwich, close and allow to grill to your preferred level of doneness.

A great little grill

Comments about George Foreman Champ Grill:

I love the convenience of this grill any time that you want to barbeque you can pull out this little gem. Very versatile and easy to clean up. Great for cutting down on calories too. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a durable and flexible product that fits in any busy schedule.

George Foreman Grill

Comments about George Foreman Champ Grill:

Very simple to use and very easy to clean. The food comes out as if it did in a real restaurant.

It grills quickly.

I've used it twice and it still works.

It comes with it's own special sponge. It is easy and quick to clean.

It doesn't get any simpler than than George Foreman

Great little grill! Very easy to use.

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about George Foreman Champ Grill:

When I cook and grill I really like to use a product that is convenient and so easy. This little grill is fantastic! The price is low and really a great asset to any person that loves to grill. You can make a fast steak,piece of chicken, pork chop or whatever you would like yo have for your lunch or dinner. It has a very nice and modern look and will look good in your kitchen anytime.

It is so easy to use and cooks your food quick. It will usually just take a few minutes or so for most things,you just have to check it and see how it is doing. It is wonderful for an easy meal and there ill be less fat on your meat as the juices will drain & make it very tender and juicy.

They seem to be sturdy and durable and I think they will last a long time.

Very easy to clean,just wipe it off and it will be ready to use the next time.

Very easy to use,just plug it in and wait until it gets hot and put your food on and it will be done in a short time.

agREAT FOR GRILLING SMALL ITEMS, INDOORS OR OUTSIDE

Comments about George Foreman Champ Grill:

This is a very good tabletop grill. It heats well enough to cook beef tips, beef tips and bacon. Small pieces of chicken fit especialy well within the console, and they cook to a juicy, tender state. Very good for cooking bacon in the morning, with most fat draining away.

It will last forever.

Touche!

Absolute must have

Comments about George Foreman Champ Grill:

An absolute must have in the kitchen , especially for people who don't have much time or patience for cooking. It makes it incredibly easy to cook in a short amount of time. I use it for chicken and burgers and it cooks them in only a few minutes. As a college student it is one of the best investments that I've made as it makes cooking a streamlined process. I used to avoid cooking meat and vegetables but it can essentially be used as a grill for both meat and vegetable needs.

It works just about perfectly (I've tried mostly meats). Only downside is that I've found meat that is too thick is often undercooked on the inside and either cooked right on the outside or a little too overcooked. Cut down any thicker meats if possible.

Can be cleaned with a rag or sponge, but there no removable parts to easily clean it. Make sure you clean it semi-regularly especially if you are cooking fatty or greasy meats.

George Foreman Champ Grill GR10B

Comments about George Foreman Champ Grill:

I fell in love with this George Foreman Grill when I first used it. It's not very expensive, and works so well. I love how it doesn't take up much space, and I don't have to go outside to grill. It's very durable (I use it all the time) and it's not very hard to clean. I'm not exactly great with using kitchen appliances, but this was easy to use. I love it.

Way Easy to use, Cooks the food perfectly & so simple to clean!

Comments about George Foreman Champ Grill:

I Love this grill it's so easy to use, Cooks fast and everything turns out amazing, Nice and juicy, just perfect for a counter grill!

Amazing! Its perfect for what I need it for. Cooks the food so well every time! I use it for burgers, steak, pork chops, And the meant turns out so tender and juicy!

Great! This is my second one I have owned in my life I wanted a bigger one And I still have my first one and have had it for 6 years!

So easy to clean! All I do is clean it right away, Or if it sits just use hot water and everything whipes away so easy!

Perfect! What more could you ask for it heats up so fast, cooks anything in a short time, so simple!

Its a lean mean grilling machine!

from Flushing, MI

Comments about George Foreman Champ Grill:

Not as great as some of the larger foreman grills, but with a price this low it is a great buy. Great for college kids or people with a small cooking space.

It cooks well most of the time. I have only ever had issues with it when I had been using it for an extended period of time and was really pushing it to its limits. Even then it stood its ground for the most part.

Plastic casing could break or crack if dropped just from the sheer weight of the unit. I think that can be said for most appliances with plastic cases however.

The intricate cracks and crevices of the unit can be a bit tricky to clean, especially if the unit is still hot. Otherwise it is pretty alright when it comes to cleaning.

Very easy to use. Sandwiches like paninis and other grilled breads turn out splendidly in this unit. Being creative can only show how versatile this device is in the kitchen. I love my grill even if it isn't as nice as its big brother.