2.2

2.2

Pros

Cons

Worked for me

I purchased Garnier Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Corrector after my sister recommended it to me. She had used it on her face for some dark spots left over from acne and had good results, so I figured I would give it a try. I bought this product, actually, to use on my hands. I have begun to get a few sun spots on my hands since I am in an area that has very high altitude and we have more sun damage going on here than other parts of the world. So I like to take care of my skin and prevent and improve any sun damage that is or may be done. I have been using it at night and it has really helped. I only had a few spots on my hands and they have all but disappeared. I think it is important to use sunscreen in the day on the area you are using this product as it is meant to lighten that area. If you do not use sunscreen on top it may make it worse. Anyways, I would definitely buy it again and will continue to use it on my hands to prevent and maintain.

Absorption
Absorbs rapidly and does not leave an oily feeling.

Doesn't clog pores.

I have have good results in using it on my hands.

Save your money

I have a very dark melasma above my upper lip and on the tip and bridge of my nose. I am on a quest to find an over the counter product which will help to erase these discolorations. Garnier certainly has done a great job of advertising their skin correctors. I tried this immediately. The results were very disappointing. Not only is my melasma still there, the redness and flakiness made the area look ten times worse! I used sunscreen as directed and still I had the redness. This product was expensive and I do not want to see anyone else waste their money

Absorption
This was a major issue that I had with this cream. No matter how I would try to rub it in, it still left a telltale layer behind on my skin. With my markings being right above my upper lip the white residue was extremely noticeable. The directions were to use the product twice daily and you would have to walk around with a cream residue on your face.

Doesn't Clog Pores
Again, I had an issue with the way this cream interacted with the skin around my melasma. I had redness, flakiness, and I had some blackheads forming around my upper lip. I then had to treat these issues on top of the melasma, costing me additional money.

Here's what it boils down to: this product did NOTHING to lighten my melasma. Absoutely nothing! It was as dark after using this product as it was before. Except, I had to also deal with redness and flakiness around the area as well. There are ample products on the market to treat brown spots. Try one of those instead!

Another spot corrector that does not work.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Garnier Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Corrector:

By the time, I started using this dark spot corrector, I was at a loss. I was convinced that I would not find one that would help my problem and I wanted to believe that this would help me. I was disappointed again by this product. I have some dark spots on my cheeks from past blemishes that I have wanted to get rid of for years. I tried this product and it absorbs really well and quickly. It is not greasy or oily, which is a problem I have experienced. It smells pretty good. At first, I was excited. However, after using it for a month, I realized that it wasn't going to help my dark spots. They had become a tiny bit lighter, but nothing that really made any difference. I wish it had worked better, I had such high hopes.

Absorption
This product absorbed faster than any other corrector I have used, which is why I gave it a higher score than the rest of the review. I liked this part of the corrector a lot.

Didn't fade dark spots

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Garnier Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Corrector:

I purchased Garnier Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Corrector to help fade my dark spots. I have dark spots and a uneven complexion on my back from years of acne. I finally was able to get rid of my acne, but now I have an uneven pigmentation. I applied this product once a day on my back at night to start. After a couple of weeks of applying this moisturizer I didn't see any changes in my skin. I then decided to use this product twice a day in hopes that it would help. After a month of use I didn't see any results. I had to purchase another tube because this product doesn't last long applying it over a large
area of skin. I gave this product 3 months to see if it would give results, but sadly my skin discoloration didn't change. My skin did feel softer and looked more vibrant, but it did nothing for my complexion. I definitely wouldn't recommend Garnier Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Corrector to anyone looking fix skin discoloration.

Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Corrector did not work for me

Comments about Garnier Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Corrector:

Garnier Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Corrector did not work for me at all. I tried to be patient and give it time to work, but after two full tubes (about 3 months) there was NO result. I had some dark spots (age spots? like large freckles) on my face. I spend a lot of time outdoors and had not been consistently using sunblock when I was younger. So I am now paying for that with dark spots.

The name of the product drew me to it. I wanted a product that was specifically designed to lighten dark spots. I bought a tube of it and read the instructions. It said that it takes a while to work. But after using it regularly just as directed, there was NO result at all. My dark spots did not lighten at all.

What is good about this product? It smells very nice (a little bit of a citrus scent). It is clear and light. It feels very good on my face and it absorbs very well.

But what good are those features if it does not lighten my spots? Maybe if your spots are not as large or as dark as mine, it will work for you. But I ended up using a prescription strength cream from my dermatologist.

Overall rating of this product I will give a 5. It didn't hurt, but it didn't help me. It might work for you!

Save your money

from Eastlake, OH

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Garnier Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Corrector:

I have been using Garnier Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Corrector for two months and quite honestly do not see any reduction in my sun/age spots. I do not have a severe condition, but this product is not keeping the standards and promises they set forth in their adverisements.

Moisturizing

Comments about Garnier Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Corrector:

Can't say I have noticed a major difference in scar appearance, but my skin in general seems softer, suppler and very moisturized. Works well as a moisturizer before applying makeup and after showers. I have very sensitive skin, (which is why it's always breaking out) but this product did not cause any new acne. Very great on sensitive skin.
It;s a great product overall. I'm not sure if I have not used it enough to see my "dark spots corrected", but it does not give a length of time to use the product before seeing results. I will continue to use it, because I really like it, and update you all on whether or not I achieved any results.

Doesn't Clog Pores
It is a great product for acne prone or sensitive skin. I have never been able to use any moisturizing products on my face without the fear of waking up with a face full of zits .This product is amazing for my skin. And just a dab will do for the entire face.

I have to rate it low for effectiveness because I have not seen any results.

Another Garnier Disappointment

from Potomac, MD

Comments about Garnier Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Corrector:

I don't tend to like Garnier face products. I have never used one that did what it claimed to. I haven't used one that caused any reactions either so it doesn't seem to harm the skin. I do have a couple of dark spots that I would like to fade so I decided to give this a try. The Garnier Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot serum is gloppy. It is not thick enough to stay put where you want it and it is too liquidy to be pumped out in small amounts. It does not absorb quickly and it ends up all over my face when I want to apply it strategically. It just sits on the skin which means that it is very hard to layer other products over it. It ends up just being smeared everywhere and my discolorations are close to my eyes so I don't want to smear this into my eyes. If this product were to work correctly I could end up with white discoloration all over. As it is, the product does not diminish dark spots. It doesn't do anything.

Waste of money!

Comments about Garnier Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Corrector:

Do not recommend this product. After years of being out in the sun and not using the right sunblock, I starting getting dark spots on my face. I started using this product. I was using it at night because /I wanted to use other products on my face in the am to help keep my foundation on my face. I would wash my face and then apply this product approx 1 hr before I went to bed. I used it nightly for 3 months and was unable to see any fading of the dark spots on my face.

Absorption
After applying it, I could feel it on my face for a long time. It was heavy and felt greasy .

Doesn't Clog Pores
I used it every night for 3 months and never had a problem with clogged pores or breakouts.

I did not work for me. I was unable to see any changes in my dark spots after using it nightly for 3 months. I started using another product and started seeing results within a week and my dark spots were almost invisible after a month with another product.

It WAS working...

from Flint, MI

Comments about Garnier Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Corrector:

I bought this a while ago before and I remember really liking it because it was moisturizing and faded my dark acne scars. However, I bought it again a few days ago and I have to say that it did not work the way I remember it working before. Let me just tell you about the way it worked before. It was moisturizing and faded my dark spots. Everything I wanted in a night moisturizer. Now it breaks me out. Maybe it broke me out before but I just didn't know that this was what was breaking me out. And, the pimples aren't the small ones that go away in a few day, these were the evil cyst ones that hurt like crazy and last for weeks! I regretted buying this so much I almost cried. But, maybe my skin just changed so if you want to give it a try, here are a few thing to know. The smell is pretty nice, kind of floral and fruity, the typical garnier smell. The tube is a tin tube, so be careful not to squeeze too hard because if you do, the product will just keep coming and coming and never stop. Also, if there is excess product in the cap or anywhere that will come into contact with the air, it turns an ugly orange/yellow color so beware. Overall, this may work for you fading dark spots but for me, at least now, it broke me out in cyst acne and I will never touch it again.

Worked for me

from Edina, MN

Absorption
Absorbs rapidly and does not leave an oily feeling.

Doesn't clog pores.

I have have good results in using it on my hands.