Other Waffle Makers:

GE Waffle Maker

Pros

Cons

• Settings/Features:

Haven' quite mastered it...

I absolutely love the idea of this waffle maker. It is affordable, the design is sleek and does not take up too much space, it heats quickly, and it is simple to use. However, I can not for the life of me use it without burning the waffles! Perhaps I am the problem. I never had a problem burning my waffles when using my previous waffle maker though, so I think this maker is just a bit trickier to get to the proper temperature.

It heats quickly and seems to work perfectly, but I have yet to make waffles without burning them in this maker so I'm not too pleased with it's performance! I wish I could say it made perfect waffles, but it just does not! I follow the sensors and settings perfectly, I don't overfill it, etc. and still, waffles come out burnt every time. I will keep adjusting timing and filling, and let you all know if I master it!

Settings/Features
Settings are easy to use.

Non-stick surface. Be careful if you overfill it, batter will spill out quickly and the outside of the machine is not non-stick.

Very simple to use. If only my waffles would not burn!

This waffle maker has been used in our household frequently for over 3 years with no problems.

The GE Waffle Iron is a good but very basic with few features.

The GE Waffle Iron is a quality appliance. It cookes waffles evenly and consistently. I did however have a few issues with it. For one, you really have to pay attention to the time because there isn't a timer or preference/ browning control. The second is that if you are serving more than two people its difficult for everyone to eat at the same time due to the fact that the GE Waffle Iron only cooks two waffles at a time. You also have to be very attentive to the amount of batter you pour into the wells because if you don't put in enough the waffles aren't full squares and if you use too much, hot batter pours out of the machine. However, the appliance itself is fairly easy to clean and operate. It is ideal for serving one or two people and is small and compact, perfect for saving counter space. It is a stainless steel and black unit so it looks very clean and professional and should fit in with modern kitchen decor. I have burned myself on the appliance so it would be a good idea to use it a few times to familiarize yourself with it before allowing children to help you around it. It would be nice if it came with a measuring device that allowed for measuring out the correct amount of batter for one and two waffles to prevent spills.

great for beginners..

Comments about GE Waffle Maker:

This was the very first waffle maker that I owned when I decided that I loved home made waffles and I was going to make them for my family. it is not a extravagant
waffle maker but it served the purpose quite nicely while I used it, which was 3-4 times per week.

it always worked very good for me. I did notice that after awhile I needed to saturate the griddle with oil so that it would not stick because the Teflon was coming off. I don't blame the unit, it was the over use of the waffle maker that did that.

Settings/Features
This unit has simple heat settings, not there was no fuss trying to get the setting just right. this was something that I thought was exceptionally good for a beginner.

Very easy to clean this unit, especially if you have sprayed it will oil in the very beginning and in between waffles.

This unit is pretty straight forward to use, nothing complicated about it.

It has held up through being dropped and used almost daily, so I am quite pleased with its use.

Delicious!

Comments about GE Waffle Maker:

I score this waffle maker an eight because for all of the great things about it, there are also a few not so great things about.
For example, I love that this waffle maker creates the deep square indents into the waffles because it makes it easier to keep the syrup on the waffle, and It makes it easy to put fruit like blueberries and cut up strawberries into the craters.
On the flip side of that compliment though is a negative, because of those deep indents, the elongated squares are difficult to clean specifically due to the fact that it is not detachable for easy clean ups.
Secondly, I love how this works, it is simple and easy to use to make light fluffy delectable waffles. all you have to do is plug it in, wait for the light to turn on, spray it with non stick spray and pour in the batter. Then all you have to do is close it up and wait for the light to go off saying they are done.
Also though, on the negative side, because it only has one setting, you cannot change how hot it gets or how crispy or fluffy you want your waffles. every one else in my family loves the light fluffy waffles and I like them too, but I much prefer the crispy waffles and I cannot achieve them with this waffle maker.

• Settings/Features:

Haven' quite mastered it...

Settings/Features
Settings are easy to use.

Very simple to use. If only my waffles would not burn!

Amazing Waffle Maker!

Comments about GE Waffle Maker:

This waffle maker is the best waffle maker that has ever been invented, just make the waffle batter, pour it in the waffle maker and wait like 2-5 mins and WA LAH your waffle has been made. It's also very easy to clean up and creates double waffles for many of you who have visitors in the house or big families! The best waffle maker I suggest you buy it, its also very easy to use!

• Settings/Features:

Good small waffle maker...

from Allendale, MI

Comments about GE Waffle Maker:

I bought this waffle maker for my family. I didn't want to spend much, but wish I would have saved the money and bought a larger one. It works well, but you cannot make many quickly.

For a waffle maker, it works well. I like that you can set it to different tempatures. One kids likes soft waffles and one want crispy.

Settings/Features
Simple machine only need to set the tempature and leave it.

I have a lot of trouble with sticking and over flow. Never sure I'm supose to spray it with with non-stick spray or not. It is a pain to try and clean.

It is easy to use. Just mix up pancake mix with the waffle dirctions, pour it in, set temp and let it go. That being said, I have trouble with sticking and overflowing. It can be a big mess when it keeps coming out the sides.

We have had it a couple years and it still works well. I don't use it alot beacause we are a family of 6 and it takes alot of time when I can only make 2 at a time, but work the money.

• Settings/Features:

Nothing beats home made waffles

Comments about GE Waffle Maker:

Ill always say I love GE products and there's a reason. I have almost never had any GE products fail on me. Everyone loves home made waffles, but most people don't like to take the time to make the batter, fill (and usually overfill and spill) and wait, but they are so worth it. What I liked most about this one, was that it was square, and for whatever reason, I prefer square waffles to round ones LOL. I also likes that it was not bulky, like some of them can be, and that you can make two at a time. I also liked that you don't have to flip it over at all. Having a timer on a machine like this is crucial, as you can easily burn the waffles. Once you get down how much batter to put in there, its easy and you wont overflow. Cleaning is easy too, just wait for it to cool and wipe down. The non stick surface makes it easier so there's no scraping or putting your back into it. I would surely recommend this to any families for a wonderful Sunday morning breakfast :)

A great waffle maker

from Stanton, CA

Comments about GE Waffle Maker:

We got our GE waffle maker as a present last year and we use it regularly. Although I am used to the waffle makers that flip to cook, I like that this one didn't have that feature because many times they break. I don't have to worry about this waffle maker. It cooks evenly, and makes great waffles.

Cooks evenly every time!

Settings/Features
Very easy to use and figure out.

While no waffle maker is super easy to clean, I think that this one comes close.

Just pour in your waffle batter and wait til its done. Couldn't be easier!

This waffle maker has lasted longer than the previous three other models that I have owned.

• Settings/Features:

What else is there to ask for?! This waffle maker is great!

from Louisville, KY

Comments about GE Waffle Maker:

I enjoy using this product! It has no complications of use and stores well. It looks great just sitting on the counter top too!

It makes waffles in a very fast speed and makes them well!

Settings/Features
It has all the settings I need to personally make the kind I like

Wipe and store!

No fuss and the mess is entirely to you :P

Hasn't given up on me yet!

• Settings/Features:

Enjoy Delicious Waffles With The GE Waffle Maker!

from Pullman, WA

Comments about GE Waffle Maker:

My family loves waffles and we absolutely love the GE Waffle Maker. It is easy to use and creates beautiful looking, and tasting, waffles. The non-stick surface makes it a breeze to clean-up. I just wipe it out with a clean cloth, leaving it clean and ready for our next round of weekend waffles. The waffle maker only makes 2 waffles at a time, which is not a problem for my family of 3, but I could see it causing a bit of a problem for larger families. I love that the waffle maker takes up very little counter space, and includes a cord wrap to help keep it looking clean and organized when stored in my cabinets. The waffle makers heats up rather quickly and maintains good, constant heating while cooking multiple batches of waffles. I have used boxed waffle mix and homemade mix, and have had great results with all types of mixes. Not only does the waffle maker work great, it is also really affordable!

GE Waffle Maker works

from Bloomington, IN

Comments about GE Waffle Maker:

The GE Waffle Maker is very simple to use. It has a nonstick surface so I never have to worry about the waffles sticking to the cooking surface. Just plug it in and turn the heat setting to medium. When the GE Waffle maker is ready to use a light will glow which dose not take very long at all. Pour in your waffle mix and close the lid. The light will go out when you pour in the waffle mix. When the light comes back on, which only takes like a couple minutes, your waffle is done. You can make several waffles in a pretty short period of time. Just make sure you use enough waffle mix to fill the form to the edge when you close the lid. I always like to make extras that I can toss into the freezer for a middle of the week breakfast. For clean up I just use a damp cloth after the waffle maker has cooled off.