Other Refrigerators:
GE
Models:
GTH21KBXWW, GTH21KBXCC, GTH21KBXBB
GE Top-Freezer Refrigerator

Summary

GE Consumer and Industrial spans the globe as an industry leader in major appliance lighting and integrated industrial equipment systems and services They provide solutions for commercial industrial and residential use in more than 100 countries

GE Top-Freezer Refrigerator

Pros

• Attractive (5)
  • Easy access (5)
  • Energy efficient (4)
  • Holds temperature well (4)
  • Quiet (4)

• Small kitchens (6)
    • Noise Level:
    • Interior Organization:
    • Temperature Control:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (4), Avid cook (3)
    • Personal (7)

I love my GE Top-Freezer Regrigerator!

I live on a military base and had a different fridge originally, but it broke down, so they brought me this newer, better one - **GE Top-Freezer Refrigerator GTH21KBXWW** as a replacement. Besides a couple very minor things, I love this fridge!

Noise Level
This fridge is silent. Occasionally, I hear the ice fall into the ice bin, but that's the only thing I hear.

Interior Organization
This fridge has a cheese/deli drawer, two hooded compartments on the door, two condiment sections on the door and plenty of glass shelves. I love the glass shelves!

Because the shelves are made of glass and not wire, the fridge can be cleaned easily.

If you put too many heavy things on the door's condiment section, you can break the hinge..

This sounds silly, but the ice maker makes a ton of ice, so I often have to turn the metal piece up to make it stop producing ice. If you leave it down for too many days in a row, the ice just falling all over the place. Besides that, I have no real complaints about the design of this fridge.

A no thrills refrigerator!

The GE Top Freezer refrigerator is your very basic, no added features brand! I bought this model and make because I really was interested in a very simple and functional refrigerator at a reasonable cost. I have had this the GE refrigerator for eight years and it has served its purpose well .

Noise Level
The GE refrigerator is reasonably quiet and I have not noticed it making loud noises.

Interior Organization
The shelves in this unit are easy to adjust and very easy to clean. The storage containers on the side door are deep and spacious which allows for easy storage of condiments.The produce containers slide open easily and can be removed to clean. This a very basic model but it is quite functional and practical.

Temperature Control
I have had a few minor issues with temperature control on the GE refrigerator. At times, items placed on the top shelf, near the rear of the unit have frozen slightly.

I have been pleased with how easy it is to clean this refrigerator. I have used just basic dish soap and warm water to wipe all the surfaces and drawers and shelves can be easily removed for more thorough cleaning.

The only problem I have had with this refrigerator over the years is the ice maker. The line broke on the tube and we ended up with water all over the kitchen floor!

I actually like this no frills refrigerator! It is spacious, functional, and so reasonably priced compared to other makes and models.

Definantly happy

from Stanford ky

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet
  • Space For Tall Items

Comments about GE Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

Bought 3 months ago, waited to do an honest review of 3 months worth of situation. I've not had any problems, it's quiet in shocked. Overall I'm happy with my choice and in the future if I recommend my friends and family, even you to purchase one.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Don't recommend

from Palm Bay

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy Access

Cons

• Unreliable

Comments about GE Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

We have had 2 of these and both are poor design. Shelves break and not very sturdy seal.

• Personal

I would buy this product again

from Mckeesport, pa

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Customizable Shelving
    • Easy Access
    • Holds Temperature Well
    • Quiet

Cons

• Not Energy Efficient

Comments about GE Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

It's a quite refrigerator, has enough space for a small family. Holds temperatures well.

good one

from 5 gamal darwish st Cairo Egypt

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Energy Efficient
    • Quiet

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker
    • Not Cold Enough
    • Not Energy Efficient
    • Poor Layout

• Big Families
    • Wet Bar

It's good one to buy

Will buy again

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Easy Access
    • Energy Efficient
    • Holds Temperature Well
    • Quiet

• 2nd Refrigerator

Comments about GE Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I use this as a second refrigerator. I never had a problem with temperatures, in either freezer or refrigerator. Convenient freezer and easy access refrigerator. Shelves adjust and has large crisper for fruit, vegetables, and meats. Humidity controlled. I definitely would recommend to friends, family, and colleagues because of the quiet operation and roominess. I would definitely purchase this refrigerator again.

good

from libya abdulla

good

Top-freezer

from Qassim

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design

Cons

• Limited Shelving Options

• Big Families

Great product

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I would buy this again

from albany ny

Pros

• Attractive Design

Keeps everything cold

Nice Temporary Refrigerator

from Fort Worth, Texas

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy Access
          • Energy Efficient
          • Holds Temperature Well

Cons

• Noisy

• 2nd Refrigerator
          • Office Fridge
          • Wet Bar

Comments about GE Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I purchased this GE top freezer when my previous refrigerator stored working. I found this one on sale and since I'm familiar with the GE brand I was comfortable and confident in knowing I was making a good purchase. This refrigerator is great for a apartment or two person home but for a large family like mind it hasn't worked out so well. Because I purchase lots of bulk items they do not all fit inside this refrigerator. I've had to add a deep freezer because the freezer space on the refrigerator is small and doesn't hold all of my freezer items. The box part id's okay because I purchase more freezer items than refrigerated items. The refrigerator fits well in my kitchen. I Donny like that its white and that wad the only color available to me at the time of purchase. I have to constantly clean this refrigerator because my kids get finger prints all over the white handles and o.j. the box part as well. I would recommend this refrigerator to someone like a college student, someone who lives alone or just with a spouse or it would be good as a secondary refrigerator for overflow groceries. It is durable. Makes a little more noise than I'm used to and sometimes irritates me. But overall its a great temporary refrigerator and does exactly what its supposed to do.

Good and Reliable

Comments about GE Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

GE has always been one of the more common brands when it comes to kitchen appliances. They typically make good quality products, and will not break your bank account to purchase one. Their top end freezer refrigerator is no different. I had one of these installed at the condo I was living in for 5 years, and it was a fantastic appliance. It did not have a lot of bells and whistles, but had all the basic features, and never broke down. The bottom half is very spacious with adjustable racks, two crispers, and a gauge to adjust temperature. The top end freezer is the same story. The units are available in the basic colors (white, black, almond).
          Overall, this is a good basic unit that will do what you need it without breaking the budget.

Virtually no noise.

Interior Organization
          Very spacious. It will hold all sorts of products, and the racks can be adjusted to fit.

Temperature Control
          Basic dial that can be adjusted to various degrees of coldness.

A little basic, but will look good in most kitchens.

• Noise Level: