Other Refrigerators:
GE
Models:
GTH21KBXWW, GTH21KBXCC, GTH21KBXBB
GE Top-Freezer Refrigerator

Summary

GE Consumer and Industrial spans the globe as an industry leader in major appliance lighting and integrated industrial equipment systems and services They provide solutions for commercial industrial and residential use in more than 100 countries

• Temperature Control:

I love my GE Top-Freezer Regrigerator!

I live on a military base and had a different fridge originally, but it broke down, so they brought me this newer, better one - **GE Top-Freezer Refrigerator GTH21KBXWW** as a replacement. Besides a couple very minor things, I love this fridge!

Noise Level
This fridge is silent. Occasionally, I hear the ice fall into the ice bin, but that's the only thing I hear.

Interior Organization
This fridge has a cheese/deli drawer, two hooded compartments on the door, two condiment sections on the door and plenty of glass shelves. I love the glass shelves!

Because the shelves are made of glass and not wire, the fridge can be cleaned easily.

If you put too many heavy things on the door's condiment section, you can break the hinge..

This sounds silly, but the ice maker makes a ton of ice, so I often have to turn the metal piece up to make it stop producing ice. If you leave it down for too many days in a row, the ice just falling all over the place. Besides that, I have no real complaints about the design of this fridge.

A no thrills refrigerator!

The GE Top Freezer refrigerator is your very basic, no added features brand! I bought this model and make because I really was interested in a very simple and functional refrigerator at a reasonable cost. I have had this the GE refrigerator for eight years and it has served its purpose well .

Noise Level
The GE refrigerator is reasonably quiet and I have not noticed it making loud noises.

Interior Organization
The shelves in this unit are easy to adjust and very easy to clean. The storage containers on the side door are deep and spacious which allows for easy storage of condiments.The produce containers slide open easily and can be removed to clean. This a very basic model but it is quite functional and practical.

Temperature Control
I have had a few minor issues with temperature control on the GE refrigerator. At times, items placed on the top shelf, near the rear of the unit have frozen slightly.

I have been pleased with how easy it is to clean this refrigerator. I have used just basic dish soap and warm water to wipe all the surfaces and drawers and shelves can be easily removed for more thorough cleaning.

The only problem I have had with this refrigerator over the years is the ice maker. The line broke on the tube and we ended up with water all over the kitchen floor!

I actually like this no frills refrigerator! It is spacious, functional, and so reasonably priced compared to other makes and models.

I would buy this again

from albany ny

Pros

• Attractive Design

Keeps everything cold

Nice Temporary Refrigerator

from Fort Worth, Texas

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy Access
      • Energy Efficient
      • Holds Temperature Well

Cons

• Noisy

• 2nd Refrigerator
      • Office Fridge
      • Small Kitchens
      • Wet Bar

Comments about GE Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I purchased this GE top freezer when my previous refrigerator stored working. I found this one on sale and since I'm familiar with the GE brand I was comfortable and confident in knowing I was making a good purchase. This refrigerator is great for a apartment or two person home but for a large family like mind it hasn't worked out so well. Because I purchase lots of bulk items they do not all fit inside this refrigerator. I've had to add a deep freezer because the freezer space on the refrigerator is small and doesn't hold all of my freezer items. The box part id's okay because I purchase more freezer items than refrigerated items. The refrigerator fits well in my kitchen. I Donny like that its white and that wad the only color available to me at the time of purchase. I have to constantly clean this refrigerator because my kids get finger prints all over the white handles and o.j. the box part as well. I would recommend this refrigerator to someone like a college student, someone who lives alone or just with a spouse or it would be good as a secondary refrigerator for overflow groceries. It is durable. Makes a little more noise than I'm used to and sometimes irritates me. But overall its a great temporary refrigerator and does exactly what its supposed to do.

• Primary use:
      • Personal

Good and Reliable

Comments about GE Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

GE has always been one of the more common brands when it comes to kitchen appliances. They typically make good quality products, and will not break your bank account to purchase one. Their top end freezer refrigerator is no different. I had one of these installed at the condo I was living in for 5 years, and it was a fantastic appliance. It did not have a lot of bells and whistles, but had all the basic features, and never broke down. The bottom half is very spacious with adjustable racks, two crispers, and a gauge to adjust temperature. The top end freezer is the same story. The units are available in the basic colors (white, black, almond).
      Overall, this is a good basic unit that will do what you need it without breaking the budget.

Virtually no noise.

Interior Organization
      Very spacious. It will hold all sorts of products, and the racks can be adjusted to fit.

Temperature Control
      Basic dial that can be adjusted to various degrees of coldness.

A little basic, but will look good in most kitchens.

• Temperature Control:

Not a bad model for the price.

Comments about GE Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

Good unit, freezer does not frost everything in it nor does it freeze up like some units I have had in the past. Fridge has moveable shelves perfect for our large tea picther and for thanksgiving and christmas with large dinner items. Overall I would recommend this for either a first time buy or for rental units. Easy to clean and manage.

Noise Level
      No noise or a very low hum that is drowned out by other household items.

Interior Organization
      easy move shelves, slide in and out on different levels.

Temperature Control
      simple controls for both freezer and fridge just turn the dial keeps fruits and vegitables crisp.

So easy my husband cleaned the fridge and freezer out in about ten minutes. Took out all the shelves and bins and wiped down whole unit no mess or fuss to it.

With two toddlers and a husband things usually get destroyed but easy pop in bars for extra storage space, moveable shelves and high quaility plastic this has surpassed what I thought would happen to it.

simple design but easy to use, easy to clean, easy to have.

• Temperature Control:

This is a very good refrigerator.

from Booneville, AR

Comments about GE Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

We've had our GE refrigerator for over 5 years and never had a problem out of it. It's been a really good refrigerator. It's energy efficient and looks sleek and nice.

Noise Level
      Very quite don't even hear it run.

Interior Organization
      Very organized got perfect space for all the things we need.

Temperature Control
      Temperature control works great never had a problem with it.

Very easy to clean drawers come out easy to clean and the glass is easy to wipe down.

We have two kids and this thing gets a work out and it looks just like the day we bought it.

Like the design of it we got black which is good because the other appliance we have are stainless steel but have black on them to so it doesn't look out of place in our kitchen and no grubby fingerprint smears all over it.

Save your money

Comments about GE Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

The refrigerator works great. No issues there. The plastic drawers and bars over the shelves in the doors did not last a year. Duct tape would not even hold them together. They could have upped the quality of plastic for a few bucks and it would have made this a much better product. The door handle on the refrigerator door wiggled after just a few months. The ice maker still works like a charm after 7 years. It would just be nice to have the meat/cheese/vege section available for use...as well as the shelves in the door. For these reasons, I would not recomment this product. I was hard pressed to even rate it an overall 3.

It makes no sense to make a product that works awesome and then to equipt it with the cheapest known materials to man. It would have taken very little to increase the quality of materials used on the crisper drawers and bars for the shelves which would have really made this a wuperior product. I can overlook the door handle...we do use it a lot...but even that could have been improved.

It has left me with a very sour taste for Frigidaire. The dishwasher I got from them is another disaster.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about GE Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I needed an extra refrigerator for the game room and when I went refrigerator shopping, I found this GE Top-Refrigerator on sale. When I got it home, taken out of the box/crate it was in, I was very happy. The exterior was very easy to keep clean with a damp cloth. The cord was long enough to reach the electrical outlet comfortably, but not too long to where it would be in the way. It runs quietly and efficiently. I have not had an increase in my electrical bill. The door seals are tight, not allowing any air to escape or warmth to get inside. The door seals are easy to keep clean also. The freezer compartment holds a lot of food. The shelf inside is in a good position to allow for good air flow to keep foods frozen evenly. When I need to pull the refrigerator out from the wall to clean behind it, the rollers on the bottom move smoothly, effortlessly. I am able to move the refrigerator by myself. The control dials in both the freezer and refrigerator sections work very well. it is easy to set each compartment to the desired coolness you want.

• Temperature Control:

Great value for a solid dependable refridgerator.

from Birmingham, Al

Comments about GE Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I think that it is a very good value for a long running dependable piece of equipment. We used it for ever and were never unsatisfied. The design with rounded corners, clear bins and adjustable shelves make it a great design also.

Noise Level
      Very quiet you can hardly hear it running. It is an Energy Star piece and it just keeps on giving. You don't really know its running it is so quiet has a deluxe quiet design

Interior Organization
      It has an exceptionally large freezer section with adjustable shelves with enormous inside space with minimal outside space. The reversible hinges are a plus and the clear snack drawer makes a nice little extra. And the spill-proof glass shelves are really handy with kids.

Temperature Control
      It is an Energy Star piece so you know that your getting a good piece that will save you money.

With parts that are easily moved and adjusted you can clean up in a snap.

It's a real work horse it just keeps on running and is also easy to work on yourself.

It is a space saver, inside and out. The shelves are moveable, the doors are rounded for your convenience and the freezer is very large and the shelves are adjustable. It is a great piece of equipment. You won't be sorry with this fridge.

Perfect for extra space

Comments about GE Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I have this particular refrigerator in my basement for extra frozen and refrigerated items. Overall I have to say this particular refrigerator is a great overflow fridge. I probably would not use or recommend this as the primary fridge unless you have a small family. There just isn't lots of space. I do like that it has a few pull out drawers which is nice to seperate everything. I use this one mostly for beverages so I get a lot of use out of it. I also love that when you open the fridge there is a rack on the inside of the fridge door making it easy to store drinks. I particularly liked the price of this refridgerator. If you are looking to spend as little as possible at the store this will definitely be an option we got a great price on it.

Noise Level
      I'm really impressed with the lack of noise it has. That was an initial concern of mine and honestly it's very quiet and I hardly ever notice a noise coming from it.

Interior Organization
      Just a few drawers but it just enough to keep things seperate.

Temperature Control
      The temperature is easy to control and I have never had a problem with it before.

This fridge is very easy to clean. The drawers slide out and I just normally have to wipe it down with a wet rag.

We have had ours for a while now and it seems like it's pretty durable. I would guess that it could last a long time.

Not one of the best looking appliances out there, but it does the same job.

• Temperature Control:

A no thrills refrigerator!

from Stoughton, Wi