1.8
GE Quiet Power 3 Built-in Dishwasher

GE Quiet Power 3 Built-in Dishwasher

1.8

• Loading Flexibility:

Hey, at least the dishes are clean

My new condo had the GE Quiet Power3 dishwasher installed. For the most part, it's a good unit. Ultimately, all you need from a dishwasher is clean dishes, right? The problem is that one cycle takes a few hours and it's surprisingly noisy for a unit called "Quiet Power." The door is hard to close and it beeps every 5 minutes or so unless it's completely locked in. It almost drove my wife and I crazy while we were trying to find the source of the beeping! Cutlery comes out with watermarks, but a heated dry fixes the problem. It's a slick-looking unit and we haven't had dried food on anything so far. I'd recommend it as long as you don't mind a long cleaning cycle.

Do not buy it (GE Quiet Power 3) -- keep looking!

I would suggest to keep looking for a dishwasher and not purchase the GE Quiet Power3. We recently purchased a new condo and this was the dishwasher that came with the unit. We have nothing but bad things to say about it. This is definately not a quiet dishwasher as the "Quiet Power 3" name states. The dishes don't always get clean and NEVER are dry when the cycle is through. Also the cycle takes a long time to complete. The door is also hard to close and the racks aren't the easiest to pull in/out.

We are currently looking to replace this dishwasher after only 4 months of using it!

Good bang for the buck

from Staten Island NY

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Cleans Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Quiet
  • Simple Controls

• General Purpose
    • Smaller Kitchens

Comments about GE Quiet Power 3 Built-in Dishwasher:

I am perplexed by all the negative reviews. I've had the fake stainless (silver plastic face) since 2009 and the dishes come out fine. It lacks some of the bells and whistles of fancier models but for the price it gets the job done. As for complaints about drying; why would you burn electricity to dry the dishes? Never made any sense to me. Do you realize how much electric has to be burned to remove all the moisture with the unit shut? Just open the door and wait 15 minutes.

Don't buy this

from Colesburg, Iowa

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Cleans Well
    • Quiet
    • Simple Controls

Cons

• Awkward Loading
    • Unreliable

• General Purpose

Comments about GE Quiet Power 3 Built-in Dishwasher:

Had this less than 3 years and the main power board went out as well as the door latch. Going to cost $300.00 to fix. What a joke. I can buy a new dishwasher for another $100.00. So disappointed. I bought a whole kitchen full of GE appliances and to have one last less than 3 years is very disheartening. So afraid the rest will follow suit. Can't believe that a company that has been building appliances as long as GE can't build something dependable and reliable. Pretty sure I bought my last GE appliance.

Garbage

from Renton, WA

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

Cons

• Awkward Loading
      • Can't reset easily. Piece of garbage.
      • Doesn't Clean Thoroughly
      • Doesn't Dry Well
      • Long Cycle
      • Loud
      • Unreliable

Comments about GE Quiet Power 3 Built-in Dishwasher:

Just don't buy this thing. It is really loud as in rattle the walls loud. It is extremely difficult to change the setting and it does not clean your dishes. By the time you try to change the setting you would have finished washing the dishes by hand so there is no point in sitting through all that noise.

GE Gld566n10ss review - Terrible dishwasher

Comments about GE Quiet Power 3 Built-in Dishwasher:

The GE Gld566n10ss is a terrible dishwasher. It does not clean the dishes. GE dishwashers and refrigerators have gone down in quality after 2009. I am a home builder who used GE products for the last twenty years with no problem. Now I have had many complaints. This dishwasher is no exception. I installed the dishwasher and refrigerator at the same time. After one year, both the GE dishwasher and GE refrigerator had multiple items defective on them. After four years they both need to be completely replaced.

Noise Level
        Quiet compared to base GE models

Cleaning Time
        I have no opinion on cleaning time. I am concerned with the dishes getting clean.

Loading Flexibility
        Rack jamb while trying to open and close.

Dishes and silverware do not get clean.

GE Dishwasher does not clean.

Poor product!

Comments about GE Quiet Power 3 Built-in Dishwasher:

The silverware basket fell apart immediately so we had to purchase a new one when the unit was a matter of a few months old. This dishwasher only worked for 2 years. Did a very poor job in those 2 short years. Our glasses were cloudy regardless of what brand of soap was used. WOULD NOT recommend this machine!

Not great

Comments about GE Quiet Power 3 Built-in Dishwasher:

We included this dishwasher in the house when we built it. From the beginning, it was already not a great dishwasher. First, it is extremely slow and very loud. As far as washing is concerned, it does an alright job most of the time. However, it is not unusual for me to have to wash a few dishes even after they have been through the dishwasher, and the dishes are never completely dry when it is done. The front of the dishwasher picks up dirt and and shows finger prints very clearly, which is not very convenient with a bunch of young kids in the house. I wish it had a different surface that wouldn't be completely covered in hand prints so easily. Now I have to wipe it clean on a daily basis to avoid embarrassment when people stop by unannounced. I would not buy this dishwasher again and I do not recommend it to anyone.

Noise Level
        Not as quiet as I would have expected with a name like Quiet Power. Most definitely not the most quiet washer I have ever heard.

Awful - DO NOT BUY

Comments about GE Quiet Power 3 Built-in Dishwasher:

I had to drop everything in the middle of my hectic family dinner time/bedtime routine to write this review because that is just how much I despise this machine. The gasket is constantly coming loose and jamming in the bottom cart. The stopper that keeps the top cart on its rails is forever opening up, causing the top tray to drop down with heavy loads (usually full of glass). It is tiny. It doesn't rinse clean. It is the bane of my existence. Buyer, definitely beware!!,

Loading Flexibility
        Gasket pops out constantly. So frustrating!

Do not purchase!!!

Comments about GE Quiet Power 3 Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher came in our home that we purchased a couple of years ago. It's a dud, period. The door has been difficult to close from day 1. The pot and pan cycle for the longest time was the only cycle that would actually clean the dishes, and it doesn't even do the job now. We have tried cleaning the washer itself out, trying most every kind of detergent and cleaning aids (lemi- shine, jet- dry, etc...) on the market, to no avail. The name does not suit the washer at all. Not quiet, NOT powerful. I would think this were a fluke with the GE brand had I not purchased a GE refridgerator when we moved in too and the ice-maker went out after one year. "Well, it's just outside of warranty, there's nothing we can do. You'll have to have a service person come out and fix it." I digress. I won't be purchasing GE appliances again.

Noise Level
        Not as quiet as Id've expected with a name like Quiet Power. Most definitely not the most quiet washer I've ever heard.

Cleaning Time
        Doesn't clean, so unless you're ok with a cleaning time of never...

Loading Flexibility
        No problems with loading, it's as good as any washer I've seen.

See above.

Apart from the door sticking, I haven't had any major design issues.

Stopped working properly in less than a year.

Not the best dishwasher

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about GE Quiet Power 3 Built-in Dishwasher:

We bought this dishwasher when we built our house. We chose it because it was best rated dishwasher that was available through my husband's discount program at work. It was supposed to be a fantastic dishwasher. However, it has left a lot to be desired. First of all, it's not quiet. It's actually loud. My 4 year old asks to turn the TV up when it's running because he can't hear anything. We do have an open concept living room/kitchen so that may be part of the problem, but it's still loud. The biggest problem I have with it is that I'm always finding food on the tops of glasses. I"m not sure why there is this constant residue or why the food isn't going somewhere other than drying on top of my glasses. I literally have to rinse every last piece of food off of things before putting it in the dishwasher or nothing is clean. I have found that using Rinse Aid does help, but there are still times when the dishes aren't all clean and I have to soak them to get the dried piece of lettuce off of it. The dishwasher does dry well and I like that there are other options. The pots and pans feature does help the dishes get cleaner.

• Loading Flexibility:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about GE Quiet Power 3 Built-in Dishwasher:

We have the GE Quietpower 3 Model GLD4900POOWW and have owned it for a couple of years. I don't even know if they still manufacture them but this has been the poorest dishwasher I have ever owned. The wheels on the bottom rack fall off and break, the rack itself rusts and breaks, the silverware holder has broken, it does not wash well at all. Stagnant water is very dirty and dishes never come clean, no matter how well we rinse them before we put them in. Also, do not like the annoying beep should someone leave the door open mid cycle. It doesn't shut up! Annoying, piercing beep at the end of the wash cycle. Controls are not user friendly; too basic and should you want to change your mind on a cycle, you will have to start all over. The soap does not dissolve well for some reason and gets all over the door. It's Cascade, so I think it's the washer and not the detergent. We've had it serviced a couple times for minor things. Difficult to remove grate at bottom to clean. You end up scratching your hands up until bloody trying to get it off. Very poorly designed. One positive thing, the only thing I can think of, is that it is quiet. That's about it. This diswasher is an overall piece of garbage and I will NEVER buy another GE dishwasher just because I'm afraid the quality will be the same as this one!

Rack designs aren't very good.