3.5
GE
GE Electric Skillet

GE Electric Skillet

3.5

This GE electric skillet does not last long

from Goshen, IN

Pros

Cons

Comments about GE Electric Skillet:

I got this skillet as a gift for my wife- at her suggestion.  She loves making stir-frys and I thought it would be perfect for that.  The skillet was really great at first - it was everything we expected it to be.  However, it wasn't too long before we noticed that it has some big quality issues.  The numbers on the dial - you know, that tell you what temperature the skillet is set at - wore off in a very, very short time.  We now guess at the temperature.  The heating element also ceased to heat evenly - now it heats more in just a circle, which I assume is directly where the element is.  It also doesn't give off consistent heat anymore.  It's more like it heats way up to whatever temperature you have it on and then instead of heating contiuously at that temperature, it "shuts off" and sits there doing nothing until it cools way down or you turn the temperature up higher.  We have only had this skillet for about 2 years - I realize it was not super expensive, but I would expect it to still be working well at this point.  The issues all began within the first year that we had it.  I noticed that when I look for the model number, it is stampled for distribution by wal-mart, maybe that's why it's inferior - it's price point only.  Don't buy this skillet - it's a waste of money.

Absolutely Love it!

from Williamsburg, KY

Comments about GE Electric Skillet:

I recently received the GE Electric Skillet as a gift and have already used it several times.  I love it.  I always complained of never having a skillet big enough to fry chicken or make a big meal in and this is perfect.  I would not change a thing about.  I always like that it has five different temperature settings.  And the cord has a lock on it whenever you plug it up.  It is so easy to clean where it is non stick.   After I get done cooking I usually run it under water and wash it right then, because cleaning it take about two minutes.  It is a great for a large family when cooking spaghetti, hamburger helper, or fried chicken.  I is one of the best skillets that I have ever used and I like it way more than I like my stainless steel pots and pans, because my stainless steel pots and pans stick and usually I have to let them soak before washing them.  I definitely think that this skillet is a product every one should invest in, because I really saves a lot of time and hassle.

Doesnt last very long

from Belle Rive, IL

Comments about GE Electric Skillet:

I received the ge electric skillet as a gift. It was purchased for me when my baby was born. I love the skillet at first. It does have short power cord but worked great. After about 2 months of using it I was wiping it down on the outside with a damp cloth. All of the temperatures on the dial rubbed right off. Now I have to guess what temperature it is. Also a few months after that all of the teflon started to flake off. It only flaked off where the heat element was underneath. Now any time I use it everything seems to stick to it. I know that teflon is not perfect but I expect it to last longer than 8 months. I have never used any metal utensils in the skillet. I try to take care of all of my teflon cookware. I really would only recommend this product for some one that is in a bind and is looking for something cheap but not something that will last a long time.

It is wonderful.

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about GE Electric Skillet:

My General Electric skillet is wonderful.  You can fry your meat in half of the time without having a messy skillet to wash.  It is teflon coated and nothing sticks to it.  All you have to do to wash it is to unplug the temperature controller from the wall and the skillet and immerse it in a sinkful of water.  Just a few swishes with your washcloth and its clean and ready to go again.I would recommend it to anyone that is busy and doesn't have a lot of time to cook meals.