Other Dishwashers:

GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher

Pros

Cons

GE CLEAN STEEL APPLIANCES ARE THE BEST

We remodeled after 25 years and decided to replace all our major appliances with GE Clean Steel units (stainless steel finish that doesn't show fingerprints). I loved my 25-year-old almond GE Dishwasher which was still working when I gave it up to make way for a nearly identical GE model in Clean Steel last year. My contractor did the installation and a funny looking paperlike piece poked out under the front door, but he fixed it and I have no other complaints. The new GE Dishwasher is a low-end model but works just as good as my old low-end GE model. In fact, the new silverware basket looked almost identical to the old one with a little difference in the color. I kept the old basket to use as a freezer storage container for frozen veggie packets. The GE Clean Steel Dishwasher matches the Clean Steel finishes of our GE Gas Range, GE Fridge, and GE Microwave. At first, we thought the GE Dishwasher was noisy, but as more cabinetry and window blinds were installed to absorb sound, the Dishwasher is more muted now. Love the look, love the performance, love the coordinated look of the whole kitchen. This Dishwasher is the focal point of the kitchen as you enter and I bought a beautiful magnetic mural for the Dishwasher door - yes, the Clean Steel surfaces seem to hold magnets well. The contractor liked the look of the Dishwasher mural so much that he suggested glass door cabinets over the Dishwasher. The finished look is breathtaking!

Noise Level
Low-end model with noise level to match. Noisy, but listening to other people's dishwashers, mine seems to sound the same as theirs. I have yet to hear a really quiet dishwasher in anyone's kitchen.

Cleaning Time
Seems to take longer to complete a load of dishes than my old GE dishwasher of the same low-end model. What I like is that most of the dishes dry well except for a couple of coffee cups that have a very concave bottom.

Loading Flexibility
The load top and bottom are almost identical to my old GE dishwasher of the same low-end model so I was used to knowing where to put all my dishes. There is a lot of load flexibility for my needs. There are only two of us so the dishwasher fills up and only runs about 3 times a week.

Loved my old 25-year-old low-end model GE dishwasher so much that I bought a nearly identical one again in a clean steel (no fingerprints) style. The inside looks almost identical to my old one and performs just as great!

Simple clean steel front panel design with a black control panel across the top. Blends nicely with the other GE clean steel appliances in our new kitchen.

So far, no knobs are loose, and the dishes are coming out clean and with no spots as long as we keep using the Cascade spot additive.

Like the dishwasher hate the racks

We bought this dishwasher after our last one died. We really like the clean steel feature and how easy it is to wipe down little fingerprints. However, we have only had it for 6 months and the top rack is sooo sticky. If you aren't careful it will send the glasses on the top rack flying. We liked our last GE dishwasher and so we thought we'd stick with the same brand. Now I'm wondering if we made a poor choice. I contacted the company through email and received an unsatisfactory response. The options of how to fix the problem did not involve them standing behind their product. I decided to take the rack out and try a little help from Google. They suggested cleaning the racks and scrubbing them to make them smooth. It was great for a week until the sticking got even worse. Now I don't know what do.

a wenderful dishwasher

from paris

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Cleans Well

Cons

• Awkward Loading

• Commercial Kitchens

Comments about GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher:

Dishwashers were once perceived as a luxury, but they have slowly become more and more commonplace and many consider a dishwasher a necessary part of any kitchen. I appreciate dishwashers more than ever before and I realize their usefulness not only as a time saving device, but also as an energy saving appliance. After my last dishwasher drew its final breath, I immediately began shopping for a replacement and the appliance I ended up buying is the **Whirlpool Quiet Partner Dishwasher, Model DU1055XTS**, a medium- priced dishwasher with all the basics plus a little bit more. **Dishwasher Commentary:**Whirlpool Quiet Partner Dishwasher is a four- cycle dishwasher with status lights to let you know which phase of the washing cycle is running at a given moment. Along with the four cycles, there are also several options available to choose from. These include a High Temp Wash, Sani- Rinse, and Heated Dry. The inside of the Whirlpool Quiet Partner Dishwasher has a design typical of most dishwashers in many ways, with an upper and lower rack and a spray arm on the top and bottom of the dishwasher, directing water in several directions to get dishes as thoroughly clean as possible. Silverware is washed by placing it inside the door- mounted basket and this dishwasher includes dispensers for soap (two cups- one open, one closed) and a special dispenser for rinsing agent. A food disposer helps to grind up particles of food before sending them down the drain and an insulated body keeps sound to a minimum. This Whirlpool appliance is also Energy Star qualified, and thus is operates very efficiently. ** **Whirlpool Quiet Partner Dishwasher Model DU1055XTS is a nice, sturdy, quiet dishwasher that offers a fairly large capacity and the ability to get dishes clean after running a single cycle. Many factors are important when purchasing a dishwasher, but the ability to clean dishes is obviously the one that matters most. I have had only moderate success in the cleaning category with past dishwashers and I was never sure if I should blame the detergent, the water hardness level, or the dishwasher itself. However, the Whirlpool Quiet Partner Dishwasher is an appliance that gets dishes clean the first time. I usually use the normal wash cycle without any of the special options. This is all it takes to produce clean, sanitized dishes and I am grateful that I don't have to run the dishes through a second cycle. This Whirlpool Dishwasher gets dishes clean with ease, but part of the reason it is able to clean so well is the length of the washing cycles. In fact, based on the selections you make, this Whirlpool dishwasher can take up to three and one- half hours to finish a cycle! This is why you need to be careful when you select your cycle and option combinations. Selecting Pots and Pans cycle, along with Sani- Rinse and heated drying will result in a very long cycle process and unless your dishes are extremely dirty, this cycle will likely prove to be a waste of time and energy. I try to stick with the Normal cycle, no special options, and no heated drying. This helps to save energy and it results in a reasonable amount of cycle time while still getting dishes clean. Another positive aspect of the Whirlpool Quiet Partner Dishwasher is the low noise level. It turns out that "Quiet Partner" isn't just a nice sounding name intended to help sell the appliance. The Whirlpool Quiet Partner Dishwasher really is a quiet machine and the special sound insulation is the main reason. This helps to filter out the sound and make for a quiet run each time the dishwasher is operating. Now, keep in mind that the term "Quiet Partner" should not be interpreted in the literal sense- there is still some noise, and you will certainly know if/when the dishwashing is running. But the operation isn't distracting in any way and it doesn't interfere with hearing the television, phone, or anything else. As much as I like my Whirlpool Quiet Partner, it does have a few qualities I wish were different. What I like least is the lack of a digital display showing the amount of time left in the cycle. The only time indication you have with the Whirlpool Quiet Partner Dishwasher is the status light, which indicates the point in the cycle that is presently in process: Washing, Drying, Clean, or Sanitized. This is better than nothing, but it still leaves you guessing about the actual time remaining. Another small problem is with the flatware basket. This basket is long, narrow, and fits onto the inside of the door. This is great in some ways, for it frees up space on the bottom rack to be used for dishes. It is also very handy for unloading purposes because the entire basket can easily be lifted out and taken directly to the drawer where your silverware is stored. But the bad thing about this basket is its tendency to trap some of the flatware. The basket is shallow and it has a cover that can be pulled over each of its sections. The cover and the shallow design mean that some knives, forks, and spoons are likely to get stuck. You can still remove them, of course, but the inconvenience negates some of the door- mounted basket's advantages.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Such a great cleaner, our dishes sparkle with a surreal shine.

Comments about GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher:

These guys know how to make the rack simmer with cleanliness. Outstanding arrangement of space. We fit most of our dishes in with one load and we have quite a vast collection of dinnerware. Has great areas for those unusually shaped items as well, very efficient.

Noise Level
Has a pleasant hum sound to it, quite low and almost soothing. We turn it on after dinner and flip the television on and I rarely notice it at all.

Cleaning Time
Cleans quite quickly, we toss it on after dinner frequently and its usually finished by the end of the evening news.

Loading Flexibility
Great inner alignment allows for flexible loading and rarely have a problem finding room for even our most unusually shapes objects.

The machine whistles with exceptional quality and the operations are quite magnificent. Top grade machine.

We really love the way it fits in with our new countertops, its blends so well with a modern luster that really catches the eye.

Great toughness in the structure, hasn't seem to wear down with time.

Have to Rewash Everything

from Dallas, TX

Comments about GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher:

This was my first dishwasher to ever own, and I was sorely disappointed. I used to be so adamant about hand washing all of my dishes until I learned that dishwashers can actually save more water than hand washing. Additionally, the hot water that is used for both washing and rinsing is supposed to do a better job sterilizing.
These were my primary reasons for purchasing the GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher for my first house. Since this was my first dishwasher, I really had no experience with which to compare it.
From the beginning, I noticed that my glasses were always spotted and there was often food particles left on my dishes. I added a rinsing agent and switched detergents to see if that would help. Over the course of having this GE dishwasher, I have tried a wide variety of dishwashing soaps and rinse agents, including high-quality national brands to homemade, chemical-free versions. Nothing has worked other than meticulously scrubbing my dishes before loading them in the dishwasher and rewashing my glass dishes.
All this effort makes the dishwasher seem pretty useless and wasteful.

Runs pretty quietly.

Cleaning Time
Takes over 70 minutes for a regular cycle with no pre-rinse or drying time added...seems a bit long

Loading Flexibility
Not a lot of wiggle room, but some of the prongs can be lowered. I do like the wine glass option, but it only fits certain sizes.

I have to rewash everything, and serious pre-washing is also required.

If I pull too hard, it comes completely out of my counter.

All of the wheels broke off and the washer arm had to be replaced within 6 months.

• Loading Flexibility:

A very nice dishwasher for those people on a slight budget.

Comments about GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher:

I used to hand-wash all my dishes, but after a while, I got a little bit sick of that and decided to purchase a dishwasher. I did not want want to spend a ton of money just for a dishwasher, so I went with this one. Four-hundred dolllars was not too expensive...but how good are its functions? Let me tell you - it certainly is not the absolutely most efficient or quiet dishwasher, but it is very very nice and gets the job done.

Noise Level
This GE dishwasher is a little bit noisy. It is a little bit annoying when I am trying to watch television and I hear this thing rolling in the background. Still, it is not terribly annoying, but I would not complain if it were quieter.

Cleaning Time
It takes about an hour to clean the dishes, which is not bad.

This thing, the GE dishwasher, has good performance. You just stick your dishes in and they come out an hour later nice and clean. Occasionally, I notice stains that remain on the dishes, which is a problem :(

I love the physical appearance of this dishwasher - it looks clean and stylish. In terms of funcitonal design, it is quite good and works well.

• Loading Flexibility:

A wonderful dishwasher at a great price.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher:

I purchased this dishwasher for my household when I redid my kitchen. I got rid of most of my appliances and opted for the stainless steel finish. I like this dishwasher because it is really easy to clean the outer surface and with a child under the age of five, that says a lot about the cleaning quality of this appliance. Also, it works great. I have had no issues with how it cleans the dishes. As long as it is not over filled, I do not have any problems with my dishes getting completely clean. That being said, it does have room for a significant amount of dishes, so over filling is not really an issue. The cost for this dishwasher is significantly less than most other dishwashers that GE offers and I really was glad for that as well. This dishwasher looks great in my kitchen and definitely fits in with all of my other appliances. It is easy to clean and works great; I would definitely recommend this appliance if you are in the market for a new dishwasher!

Noise Level
This is the only issue I have. Sometimes, this dishwasher can be a bit loud.

Great looking dishwasher

Comments about GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher:

Such a sleek and elegant looking dishwasher. When my husband and I renovated our kitchen, we wanted a high-tech and ritzy looking dishwasher. We were pleasantly surprised with the look and price of this one. It looks great and cleans our dishes well.

Noise Level
You can hear this dishwasher but it is not intrusive. It doesn't bother me when it is on.

Cleaning Time
It cleans our dishes really well and fast. I love not having to hand wash anything after I use it. I hate dishwashers that you have to rewash everything after.

Loading Flexibility
It is very easy to load. I am able to fit most of my dishes without any problems. I love the organizational ease of this dishwasher.

The dishwasher preforms very well. It's super easy, even for my husband to use it.

The design looks great in our newly renovated kitchen. I love the elegant look and it looks super expensive. I really wanted a great dishwasher, but I also wanted it to look good. it cleans very well and isn't too noisy.

It has held up super well.

• Loading Flexibility:

never have dish pan hands again.

Comments about GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher:

This appliance is very nice to have in our new home. I have always been one to say id never get a dishwasher, but after receiving so many great reviews on this appliance I had to see what the talk was about.

Noise Level
This appliance is nice for noise, yes you hear water sloshing around, but it is just like any washer appliance I have heard. It is very quiet compared to the older model a friend has.

Cleaning Time
This is the greatest part about it. I love the low wait time on this appliance. After starting the dish washer I happen to be busy with other chores around the house so before I know it the machine is done and the dishes are clean.

Loading Flexibility
Between baby bottles, coffee mugs, and the occasional straw, I have to say that this machine cleans the dishes very well. We are a small family that usually don't over load the dish washer.

Very sleek for our family.

The occasional hand prints are easily cleaned up with a wipe of a cloth.

Durable and efficient dishwasher

Comments about GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher:

Someone recommended the GE dishwasher to me some eight years ago when we were about to buy a home. I am happy we took to the advice and got a GE dishwasher. We have had the same dishwasher now for eight years without any complain. The diswasher washes dishes clean and drys them very well. It also has a place to put the dish sparkling liquid which gives plates some extra shine when dry. This dishwasher is specious and can take most of my dirty dishes in one wash. It is also very easy to load because it has different sections for plates, and spoons. We bought this dishwasher through the builder of Ryland homes.

Noise Level
There is absolutely no noise when using this dishwasher, but the alarm sound only comes on when the washer is done to let you know.

Loading Flexibility
Loading this dishwasher is very easy as it has different sections and it is also very spacious inside.

I have had this GE dishwasher for about eight years without any complain.

Reasonable

from Miami, FL

Comments about GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher:

Price is very reasonable. I will be upgrading one day solely for the purpose of getting a more sophisticated look. Because this is the lower end of the price range for GE dishwashers, it is not as sleek looking as others. It does, however, do its duty fine so no complaints there.

• Loading Flexibility:

Too small for my family of four

from Stanton, CA

Comments about GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher:

I love having a dishwasher in my house. For many years, we did not have one in the rental apartment that we were living in. When we moved a few years later, we moved to an apartment that had a full size dishwasher. I LOVED it. There was plenty of space for all our dishes (mind you, there were only two of us living there at the time), and we didn't have to run it every single day. Fast forward to the house we live in now, and we have this GE CleanSteel Built-In Dishwasher. Usually I love the GE brand, but this just isn't cutting it for our new family of four. Sure, it cleans okay (still haven't found a dishwashing detergent that it is completely compatible with) and I like the drying function. However, there just isn't enough room in it! I feel like I have to run it every day to try to keep up with my mound o' dishes that my family creates. It just drives me crazy. This dishwasher is much better suited for a couple with no children who eat out a lot.

Noise Level
Not too loud, but also not to quiet.

Cleaning Time
About the amount of time you'd imagine a load (albeit tiny load) of dishes would take.

Loading Flexibility
There's only so many ways you can load a tiny dishwasher.

It cleans, but not overly well.

I love the sleek look of it.

Seems like a durable machine.