3.3

3.3

Pros

Cons

Very dependable, Highly recommended

I LOVE my dishwasher from GE. It has lasted me over 7 years without a problem at ALL!!! It is a little loud, but it's not too bad and it gets the job done. Impressed with how long it has lasted in my home.

Noise Level
Dishwasher does have noise, which is to be expected if cleaning dishes well. I believe the noise level can be reduced with todays technology, but this dishwasher is a little on the loud side compared to others in market. It isn't TOO loud though, the noise is only a minor inconvenience.

Cleaning Time
Dishwasher takes a little while to clean dishes, but it gets the dishes clean so it works.

Design is plain and simple. Though I don't worry about anything fancy, I can think of a few additional features that would be nice to have, but at least it is simple enough for my children even to use!!!

Many many loads of dishes have been ran through my dishwasher over the last 7 years and I have not had a lick of problems out of it running wise. I have lost a wheel to the bottom rack, but that has not affected it's functionality at all.

Better ones out there.

Overall, this dishwasher is okay, and not something I would buy again. The inside racks are flimsy and the wheels fall off all the time. The inside showed rust stains fairly quickly (a couple of years after purchase), and the outside part of the door buckles if you hardly touch it. Cleaning power is unimpressive. It gets rid of most food remnants, but only if I rinse all of my dishes before putting them inside and running a cycle. Additionally, items on the top rack that collect water ALWAYS have food particles floating around inside. They require and extra rinse once out of the dishwasher.

Noise Level
Very noisy. I have to shut it off while watching a movie in my living room because it is so loud. I also turn it off during my toddler's nap time. He can hear it and it keeps him up. UPSTAIRS.

Cleaning Time
Quite a long cycle, but that is not too important to me. If you need a dishwasher that can get the job done quickly, this one is NOT for you.

Loading Flexibility
Unless I put my dishes in a very particular order, there is a lot of wasted space. Wasted space = wasted money.

Very unimpressive. There are at least a couple dishes in every cycle that need rewashing.

It is currently broken. Again. There is a little plastic latch that presses a sensor to let the machine know that it is locked and ready to begin. However, this little plastic piece brakes very easily and often.

Decent quality, cleans well

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

This unit came with my house, and has been a very decent tool overall. The only problems I've had with it have been related to my plumbing not draining it properly, not the dishwasher itself.

Noise Level
This thing is loud, and sounds like a freight train going through the kitchen at times.

Cleaning Time
Long wash and cleaning cycle, have never timed it.

Loading Flexibility
Decent capacity, we regularly load up an entire day of dishes for two people.

Very decent performance, though I do recommend ONLY using a premium brand of detergent. Have used store brands and they don't cut it in this unit (we now use a more expensive national brand and our glass dishes sparkle). We only do a light scraping and pre-rinse in the sink.

The racks roll out easily. No flexibility in the spacing, they are not adjustable. Silverware tray works well yet only fits in one area, which makes for a slightly awkward fit putting things in around it. Not fancy, yet it serves the purpose and does a good job.

It just keeps going!

Very dependable, Highly recommended

Better ones out there.

from florida, USA

Not as Expected

from Northeast AR

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I normally prefer to clean dishes and pots by hand. But my family and friends told me if I get a dishwasher with new technology, I could probably trust a machine doing dishes for me. When my old one broke, I switched to this GE dishwasher. It leaves food stains on everything. I especially don't like that there are food stains at the bottom of tall glasses (how?) on the top rack. Once they are dry, it is very hard to scrub them off with sponge. I have to soak them all in the sink overnight and wash them after every wash by this dishwasher. Dishes at the top rack usually don't get clean. I am thinking about trying a high-end dishwasher next time.

Noise Level
Noise level is fine compared to over 10 dishwashers I had ever used.

Cleaning Time
I like doing dishes by hand because I can get done so much quicker than dishwasher. So, I rate this low.

Loading Flexibility
I think Whirlpool or Kenmoor has more flexibility and more space.

I fell in love with a new high tech LG dishwasher at the recent visit to Home Depot. I think this one is outdated in style.

I can't comment on this because I only had the dishwasher for a few months.

works okay

from Portland, OR

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I have to say I am averagely pleased with this GE model dishwasher. My only complaint is the dry cycle doesn't dry you dishes completely. I often have to take a dish towel to get the access water of my dishes and cups. Overall, this dishwasher does a good job with it's cleaning capabilities. It cleans messy pots just okay though. If you have any dishes with a thick mess it is a must that you pre-soak or the food debris will not clean and dry on to the pot making it even tougher to get the cleaning job done and more work for you when you thought it would be done. The positives are the space set up of the racks is very organized and easy to place your dirty dishes. Cups and plates of all sizes have an easy spot location and fit.

easy to use

from Hartman, AR

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

this ge built in dishwasher is so easy to use. it's easy to install in cabient. easy to load easy to set. it gets dishes clean and you do not have to prerinse your dishes before you wash your dishes in this dishwasher

Noise Level
it is not any louder than any other dishwasher. you can not hear it unless you are close to it or in the same room almost standing right next to it.

Cleaning Time
it depends on the cycles that you pick and what you want. like air dry or if you pick pots and pans.

Loading Flexibility
it can hold a great deal of dishes if you load it the right way. it is great if you have a big family or a small family.

it cleans dishes with ease, you do not have to prewash your dishes before you put them in the ge dishwasher to wash them.

it has a nice which is square and it is easy to fit into any space. it comes in all different colors and it is easy to find the right color for you.

Excellent

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I love this dishwasher. It cleans very well and does not scratch the dishes or leave marks on the glasses. Also it is energy efficient so not only does it cut the electricity bill into half but also cuts my work load. Very, very satisfactory.

Its an OK dishwasher

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I would not personally buy this dishwasher for myself. I'm only using it because its what the rental came with. Doesnt always clean very good

Noise Level
This machine is SUPER loud! I only turn it on at nights while we're alseep. If I'm in the living room and I have the dishwasher on, I cant hear my TV. Even at nights I can still hear it. Some of the times when I heard it I thought someone was breaking inside the house. lol

Cleaning Time
I takes about an hour but you might still want to wait to used the dishes since its usually still hot

Loading Flexibility
Its very roomy so I stick just about everything in there.

It cleans just OK. Sometimes I still have to rewash some dishes. I usually rinse off my dishes before I load it though and I also have a water filter for my home so I dont know how it would work with hard water

Nothing specail to look at but it is very easy to use. Doesnt have a lot of button which would make it more complicated

It was brand new when we moved in and we havent had any problems with it breaking or anything

• Loading Flexibility:

Wish I didn't have this dishwasher!

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher is terrible. I expect more from GE! The dishes are rarely fully clean (even using different detergents and trying Jet Dri didn't help). The dishwasher makes obnoxious noises for most of the cycles and there are plenty of clunks & bangs that we shouldn't be hearing (it doesn't come from the dishes, but rather the washer itself). The washer is a pain to clean on the inside and we've had it serviced many times with no luck. Spend your money on something of better quality.

It cleans ok.

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

This was the basic model that came with our house when we bought it about 5 years ago. I am sure the new models might have some improvements, but I have not really been impressed with this model. It does clean, but it seems to be hit and miss. It is REALLY loud when in the cleaning cycle and with it in a room that has high ceilings and hard wood floors it just amplifies the sound. The trays on it started to fall apart within a year, no more then two of using it. I really think using the right detergent for any machine makes a difference. The sprayer gets stuck sometimes and when this happens the cleaning obvious sucks. It just wastes water and time when that happens. For a basic model this would do the job. But, not for very long. We are from a new neighborhood and all the neighbors have this model in their homes and they all seem to have the same issues as well. So, I don't think it is a fluke thing. It does clean dishes. Just not to the expectancy I think it should (even for a basic model).

Noise Level
Really loud during the wash cycle

Cleaning Time
Washes in about an hour on a large cycle.

Loading Flexibility
It loads decent. I wish the trays had more loading options.

It cleans. But, not that great.

The "look" of it is nice and clean. I have a black one and it looks nice.

The trays falls apart easily and are expensive to replace.