3.5

from Lehi, UT

Pros

Cons

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

When looking at dishwashers, I have found that brand can make a HUGE difference in quality.  We have had a few different brands in the past including other GEs, hotpoint and Worldpool ones.  We have always preferred the GE's due to their ability to wash well and how quiet they are.  When we purchased this one, we were extremely disappointed in the quality of it. It was a cheaper model but so was one other GE that we had in the past so we figured it would live up to the GE brand.  This one is not the case.  It runs VERY loudly during parts of the cycle.  There are parts where it is very quiet but for the most part it is very loud which is not good.  Another drawback to it is that the size of the racks is smaller than others which is something you don't always see at the store.  The racks also do not slide easily and the bottom rack just barely fits on the sides so it will come off and fall, which is a real big pain.  You also need to pre-rinse EVERYTHING or it doesn't come clean.  Bottom line, buy a more expensive GE because this one is NOT worth it at all!

• Noise Level:
        • Cleaning Time:
        • Loading Flexibility:

Same ole' GE

from Cypress, TX

Pros

Cons

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I am not a fan at all of this or any GE Appliance, but it was in my home when I purchased it.  For starters it makes a strange noise when finishing cycles, it is very loud, and hard to keep exterior clean.  I do not like writing negative reveiws, but I have never been happy with any GE Appliance, or their customer service.  Everytime I use this the soap dispenser gets stuck where it does not open all the way and there is still unused detergant in the dispensor  (makes me wonder if my dishes even got clean.)  I have to pry it open and get the old detergant out every time I use this.  The buttons are always messed up (I put on clean, and it chages to dry or another function)  and I have to reset it over and over again.  I call customer service and they do not help me but say they can send somebody out that will charge me a service fee, then on top of that charge me no telling what to fix it.  This is only 2 years old, and I'd be better off just buying a new one.  I could go on and on, but bottom line is I would purchase LG over this or any appliance.

Clean and Quiet

from Vineland, NJ

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

The GE GSM2260NSS dishwasher has to be the quietest dishwasher I have ever owned. This dishwasher is stainless steel and black which gives it a fantastic look in my kitchen. The racks inside hold all my glasses, plates, silverware, and anything else you can think of good. This is important because not only does it fit lots of dishes but it also cleans everything perfectly which saves money in the long run. With some dishwashers, especially when they are getting older, you need to rinse the dishes before you put them in but with this one I have found there is no need. This dishwasher is not the most expensive and also not the cheapest, it is somewhere in the middle, but I feel it is a good bang for your buck. The only thing some could consider a downfall would be that when it is running it gives off some heat. If, for example you are working with something on your counter, standing right in front of the dishware you can feel how hot it gets but it is certainly nothing that will harm you. So overall I think this dishwasher is well worth the money.

GE Built in dishwasher is a wonderful product

from Mobile, AL

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

The Ge Dishwasher is a  excellent diswasher .I have had mines now for over 18 years now and i can say this diswasher is outstanding.It  performs still even to this day in a dynamic way all of my dishes come  out clean everytime without me having to worry about them being so I know that they will I do not even have to think about it .I can over load it and it will still give me clean dishes everytime ,it is a great dishwasher i just love it /It has not given up on me yet after all of these years Ge products are amazing.I would recommend anyone to buy a Ge dishwasher bacause you will never find a better dishwasher it makes my life easier and i really appreciate this .Iam always confident that this dishwasher will clean my dishes brillantly,they come out sparkling clean everytime without fail. I would say to everyone you need to purchase this dishwasher it will out perform any dishwasher you have ever had before.

Love my GE Built-in Dishwasher

from Stockbridge, GA

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I have owned my Built-in Dishwasher for thirteen (13) years.  Durable, long lasting.  I have never needed or had any repairs the entire time I have owned it.  Very good product, Works well.  Well worth the money.  All of my appliances are GE and I would not have any other brand.  This dishwasher is for anyone who desires an affordable, long lasting, quality dishwasher.

I love GE Dishwashers!

from Durham, NC

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I've lived in three apartments since college.  Each apartment has had a slightly different model of GE's dishwashers.  I've had this particular one, and I can tell you what it has in common with all of the others:  if you don't prerinse, you will have food left on your dishes, especially your glasses.  I have had to be very systematic with the loading of my dishwasher.  I also have a hard time relying on the heated drying as I still find the glasses wet.