3.9
GE Built-in Dishwasher

GE Built-in Dishwasher

3.9

Dishwasher Review

This a very stylish and sleek looking dishwasher, looks fantastic in my kitchen. It runs quietly and does an amazing job even with dishes that are dirty when loaded. Great trays and compartments to keep all your fine china and silver safe. The finish on the dish washer is a beautiful stainless steel. I just love the look of it and the ease of cleaning the outer surfaces. It fits so well with my cabinets, oak of the highest quality and this appliance sets off the beauty of the cabinets just perfectly. My favorite aspect of this dishwasher is the "Smart Dispense" technology- yes, it does solve all the previous problems I've had with dishwashers, dispensing perfectly. It runs quietly and energy efficiently with plenty of choices for heat and cycle length. I am thrilled with the perfect match to all my tough dish washing problems. Although this model is touted as an energy efficient appliance, the cost of the dishwasher will never outweigh the savings in energy I don't believe. It could take over a decade of use to recoup the extra cost of this unit. I just don't quite believe that you will actually save money in the long run due to the high cost of the unit and the parts and repair. However, I feel this model is worth the price for the efficiency and ease of use, the excellent cleaning capability and the beauty of the finish. I am totally impressed with this model and love mine!

I have never been satisfied with my diswasher. A GE Profile..

This is the second dishwasher that I have had since moving into my home in March 1988. My main reason for not being happy with it is that I feel it is necessary to wash my dishes before putting them into the dishwasher. Otherwise, they come out looking like I have simply put them into an oven to bake on the foods. At the time I bought it, I felt that I was buying the best one on the market. NOT SO... at least in my book. I recently discovered that it has a leak and unfortunately, I did not discover that until after it had messed up my wood floors. I am now looking for another type that will be good and that I will not feel it necessary to wash the dishes PRIOR to putting them into the dishwasher.

this dishwasher is a little picky about the detergent you use

from Osseo, MN

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I remodeled my kitchen and installed all GE Monogram appliances however we were unable to get the Monogram dishwasher I wanted delivered in a reasonable time frame. I decided to buy this GE profile instead. First off there is a definite quality difference between the Monogram appliances and the Profile appliances. The Profile seems to be made of a cheaper type of stainless steel it doesn't come clean as easy as the Monogram. After wiped down with special stainless cleaner it was very streaky while the Monogram appliances clean up beautifully. My biggest problem has to do with a film that gets left on the dishes after washing. We have figured out that if we use Cascade Complete and have the rinse aid reservoir absolutely full the dishes will come out okay. Unlucky for me I have ten boxes of Electrasol tabs that do not work in this dishwasher. Overall it works okay but if at all possible I would upgrade to the Monogram series.

Noise Level
I can't even tell when it's on. The quietest washer I've ever come across.

Cleaning Time
Ckeans very quickly.

Loading Flexibility
Lots of baskets and folding tines.

I still think that the detergent you use makes a big difference. When using Cascade it works great.

Really nice looking.

No problems in almost two years.

• Noise Level:
  • Cleaning Time:
  • Loading Flexibility:

i used it all the time

from New Haven, IN

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

i have an ge pdwt480rss stainless steel built- in dishwasher.I like it a lot.1st it is good looking. it does no look out of place in the kitchen. it look like it belongs there. 2nd it is quiet when it is running. it makes very little noise durning use. and it is easy to use. put in the dirty dishes and turn the dishwasher on and it does the rest. there is plenty of room inside for all dish sizes and you dont have to run it every night ( unless you have a large family). it is also energy efficient. my electric bill is slightly less since I have got my ge pdwt480rss dishwasher. it is easy to clean also, the trays come out and washing it is simple. only down fall I see is it may be expensive for some people.  so in conclusion.the ge pdwt480 rss stainless steel built-in dishwasher is great. it looks great, it is energy efficient it makes little to no noise durning use and any size dish will fit in it great buy!

Love the GE stainless dishwasher...quiet..easy to clean & load

from Catawba, NC

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

This is a great product. I love the quiet cycles as it is located near the dooway to our den and tv. My wife and I find it very easy to load and unload,,,we really like the special holders on the top rach for stem ware such as wine glasses. My wife loves the easy in cleaning and the fact that fingerprints do not easly show. This product, with the stainless steel finish, is a good match for the microwave oven and lower oven which are Whirlpool Gold brand in the stainless steel and the GE stainless steel refridgerator and freezer we have in our kitchen. Our old unit was very noisey and we could not run the unit when we were watching tv in our den. When we updated our kitchen, we found that we had a considerable energy savings and feel very good about the pay back on our investment. We definitely would reccomend this GE stainless steel dishwasher for anyone looking for a great product at a good value price.

GE dishwasher work great, always clean dishes!

from Royersford, PA

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I bought a new house that came with all new GE appliances. So far, I have replaced Fridge, washer, and Dishwasher. All of these appliances are less than 5 years old. Everything starts to break as soon as the limited warranty expires. I called GE, and they said "oh well, too bad, your warranty is up"......I say "oh well, I think I`ll go buy a Maytag or Kenmore"...So today, I did just that!! Proud owner of a brand new Kenmore dishwasher. I still have to have my old GE heap of gar-bage hauled away from my beautiful driveway! Don`t make the same mistake I did. Problems with my GE dishwasher are as follows: 1-water would not drain..this happened a lot....2-machine would not start---very moody 3-sometimes smelled like burning rubber--not good! NO MAS!!

Dishwasher Review

from Naperville, IL

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

This GE PDWT480RSS dishwasher is top of the line.

from West Point, IA

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

The GE PDWT480RSS Dishwasher is one of the best dishwashers and the only one I will ever have.  Although it is extremely expensive it has many good functions such as the five cycles that get dishes and glassware clean.  Now no more sending the dishes back for another cycle of cleaning and rinsing.  This is like Mom's new toy.  It can clean the grossest pots and pans and the noise level is so low.  There is a pre wash cycle for the gross stuff.  It senses dirt and what can you say with this new sensor technology.  Whoever invented it was a genius.

the ge pdwt480rss is awesome!

from Randleman, NC

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

i love my dishwasher.it is so easy to use it almost does it all by itself.i don't know what i would do if i didn't have it or if it broke down.it is so energy effecient and very quiet.it is so quiete sometimes i forget it is running unless i actually look at it.it gets all the dishes so clean and spot free.i would not trade it for anything except a brand new one.it is like part of the family.except i don't have to feed or dress it.i would recommend this dishwasher to anyone and everyone.

quite and effective cleaning all in one machine

from Titusville, NJ

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

just remodeled my kitchen. I was looking at more expensive brands such as Bosch and Miele because my kitchen is open to my family room and noise is a factor. compared them to this one. big price difference and I had to make some choices to keep with in my budget. sales man put a cell phone in it and let it ring. Said that what i was hearing was the a amount of decibals I could expect from this model. He was right on. this machine hold alot, has good organization trays and does a terriff job of cleaning messy dishes and pans. real good buy. don't waste your money on the designer models

This GE stainless steel dishwasher is awesome!

from Dixon, MO

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I absolutely love this GE dishwasher!  It cleans the dishes so well.  You don't have to scrub them for hours before washing them.   It is also very quiet.  Would recommend this to others.  Awesome!

Gorgeous

from Morris Plains, NJ

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I am about to review one of life's biggest pleasures.  We have had a couple of dishwashers and ..other than our first one to save my hands...this has been our favorite.  It is a piece of furniture for the kitchen.  It is beautiful and that's only on the outside.  There are way too many wash and dry cycles ono this thing.  I stick only to a couple but you could play around with this to your heart's content.  It is energy efficient and very quiet as it works.  I couldn't watch tv in the next room when my old one was running.  This one...no problem.  The cycles do seem somewhat long like someone suggested but the dishes come out sparkling clean.  I rarely, if ever, have to send dishes or glasses back in for another wash because they didn't get clean enough.  Negatives....maybe the price but that's about it.  No other negatives here.  Between the sleek style, energy benefits, noise level, and clean dishes..it's worth it.