Other Baby Swings:

Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Glider Baby Swing

Pros

Cons

Fisher Price Soothing Motions Glider: Mother's Little Helper

When my granddaughter was born just over three years ago, one of the presents she received was a **Fisher Price Soothing Motions Glider**.  This is a well constructed, plushly padded gliding bassinet that gently lulls your baby to sleep with motion and music at nap-times and even at night when all other methods seem to fail.

Powered by 4 D Cell batteries it has three switches that control the speed of the glider, the lullaby played and the volume of the music.

I was always amazed to see how quickly my infant granddaughter would drift off after a feeding, a burp and being swaddled.  The plush interior of the glider seemed to envelop her safely and provide soothing comfit all its own.  Set to its lowest volume and slowest speed, the sound of the **Fisher Price Soothing Motions Glider** is...well soothing.  The infant basket can be swiveled so that the baby can glide either side to side or up and back.  Above the basket there's a bar on which toys can be suspended to keep baby interested even while awake.

**Reservations**

The **Fisher Price Soothing Motions Glider** operates only on D Cell batteries.  With moderate use we found that a set of 4 could be depleted in as little as two days.  I think the Glider could have benefited from a plug-in power source similar to those used on a laptop computer.  While I can see the possibility of a safety concern with a slightly older child, I think it would have made a lot of sense for use with a newborn.  I would suggest investing in a set or two of high capacity rechargeable NIMH D Cells if you're considering the purchase of a **Fisher Price Soothing Motions Glider.**

**Three Years Later**

With the birth of my grandson Alex last month, I was glad to see that the **Fisher Price Soothing Motions Glider** was in near pristine condition after three years.  Alex seems to enjoy the Glider every bit as much as his older sister.  Not only does it supply some soothing motion for Alex, it provides as many as 4 hours of soothing "down-time" to his otherwise busy mommy.

**My Viewpoint**

With the exception of the battery-only issue I think the **Fisher Price Soothing Motions Glider** is a well thought out, well designed and constructed piece of baby apparatus.  I recommend it.

Rudi

Versatility
The glider can be easily switched to provide either side-to-side or back and forth motion. Volume and melodies can be adjusted and changed.

After two children and over three years of continuous use, the glider remains in pristine condition and fully functional.

Although it can be clumsy to handle and move, controls are simple and well marked.

Safety
The plush cushioned interior and safety harness hold infants securely.

Features
With the exception of its voracious appetite for D-Cell Batteries has a well thought out set of features for your child. A provision for adding additional melodies would make it a bit more appealing to parents.

Not the best swing.

I love Fisher-Price products, but I bought the Fisher-Price motions glider baby swing and it was so not worth the money. It does what it says. It is a glider swing, but my daughter hated it. She was more comfortable in a regular swing. The gliding motion is ok for some babies, but not mine. She wanted out immediately after putting her in it. I tried it several times and she never liked it. It was a very expensive glider swing so to me it was so not worth it. I ended up buying her a regular swing and she was in love with it. I guess the glider motion was too gentle. It doesn't move much and I know that is what it is suppose to do, but I would recommend seeing if you have a friend with one or if there is one on display in the store so you can try it before you buy it. The regular swing I bought had different settings so it was not too much for my daughter at her age. I like having the option to change settings and not just have the gliding motion. I wouldn't 't recommend this product to anyone.

It is a very durable product. It is a Fisher-Price brand so it is a good brand, just not a good product for my needs.

Very easy to use.

Great Baby Glider

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Glider Baby Swing:

When I had my daughter I went a little crazy in buying all kinds of things for her. I purchased two baby swings so I could have one upstairs and one downstairs. Then I found this glider and bought it right away and put it into my craft room. She really enjoyed this glider seat and she slept a lot in it. It has both side to side and front to back movement. My daughter particularly liked the hanging toys from the toy bar that extended over the seat. This is also removable making it getting baby in and out much easier. It does have a lap belt for safety but not as necessary since the baby is laying back. I really liked the neutral color scheme of this glider as well. It has two different speeds and eight different songs that help calm baby. I wish there were more speed options but it was not too bad. It does run exclusively on batteries, no AC adapter which is okay since we have rechargeable batteries.

• Features:

Great swing for small spaces

Comments about Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Glider Baby Swing:

My baby's bedroom is really small. My goal was to find a baby swing that I could keep in my baby's room without the swing taking over all of the floor space. The Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Glider Baby Swing is a fantastic solution and my baby absolutely loves this swing. Fisher-Price is a trusted brand name in my household and the quality of this swing is no exception. I am very impressed with the sturdy construction and the quality of the materials that were used to make this swing. The fabric that covers the seat is soft and the seat itself is well padded. The other two features that I love about the Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Glider Baby Swing are that it has two different speeds and eight different song choices. My baby loves the variety of soothing songs and I love the fact that I can choose the swing speed that best suits his mood. The Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Glider Baby Swing is soothing and effective and an excellent choice if you are short on space!

Safety
This is a very safe product!

Features
The Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Glider Baby Swing has a great variety of songs.

• Features:

Three words: Convenient, Effective and Durable.

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Glider Baby Swing:

We have a traditional baby swing, but it's a pain to take out and set up, takes up a ton of space and then has to be wrestled to put it away afterward. The Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Glider Baby Swing, on the other hand, can sit on the kitchen table or the floor without any setup (OK so I have to snap the little toy bar on, but that's easy!) just like a bouncy chair but keeps the baby happy just as effectively as a swing. Actually, more effectively because the glide motion has multiple settings and the chair can be rotated to glide sideways too, which was the only thing that made my oldest son happy as a baby. We received our Glider Swing from another parent who had already used it for two kids and we've already used it frequently on three children. That's seven years and five kids and it's still going strong! My only complaint is that the batteries run out pretty fast, but we do use it all the time. My oldest even likes to use it to play music even when the baby isn't in it!

• Features:

Great for first six months

Comments about Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Glider Baby Swing:

My son was the first child on my in laws side and they did not have any baby gear at their house. I registered for this glider that I planned to keep at my in laws for when we visit every Sunday. I thought this baby gear would be exactly what we need. It lays flat so that a baby can comfortable sleep in and it glides/slides back and forth like a swing would. The base of this glider is very heavy and sturdy. We would place him in the middle of table strapped in this and he was completely safe. This glider has now lasted through 7 grandchildren at my mother in laws and has no problems. This product has a short life that the baby uses. My kids only used it from newborn to six months. Once they can roll I did not feel that it was safe to have baby in glider because it is only a harness around waist not whole body. Overall, Great baby gear

Features
Very versatile swing, slider, and a place for baby to sleep.

Not the best swing.

Very easy to use.

Very helpful

from Hesperia, CA

Comments about Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Glider Baby Swing:

Bought one of these from a yard sale. It still works great. The batteries actually last a pretty long time in it, i was surprised. What I really like about it is you can change the direction of the chair so it either rocks them back and forth or side to side. Some babies are very particular on directional. I also liked that it has two different speeds and variety of songs. You can also change the volume on the music. Plus it is very easy to take apart and clean. Everything can pretty much be thrown into the washing machine and dryer. What I like to is it is gender neutral colors so you can use for boys or girls.

Bought it used and it is still going. It has also survived two of my babies so far.

Very easy to use. My two year old has figured out how to operate it.

Safety
Very safe to use. Has a belt i included on it.

Features
It plays a variety of songs. It has two different rocking speeds. You can turn the seat to change the direction the baby is being rocked.

• Features:

only thing that made my older son sleep

from Tallahassee, FL

Comments about Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Glider Baby Swing:

i love this gliding swing! when my oldest son was born, he would not sleep at night in his bassinet, crib or in my bed. finally i was so tired one night i just put him in this, turned it on and hoped for the best while i tried to get some sleep. well, it worked! for the first couple of months after my son was born this is all he would sleep in. it is also great for use during the day to keep the baby occupied

Versatility
love how this can be used as a chair, an activity center, a glider/rocker and a bed

i used this with both of my boys and there was never any problems with it. the fabric never ripped and if it got dirty, just pop it in the wash and it comes clean

easy to use and control the functions and it's surprisingly easy to get the baby in and out quickly

Safety
when the baby is strapped in, i have never had a problem with them getting out or falling out of the chair.

Features
i love the features on this chair, the rocking, the music and the toys all add to my boys enjoyment when they use this chair

• Features:

One of the best fisher price baby swing!!!!!!!!!!!

from Falls Church, VA

Comments about Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Glider Baby Swing:

The fisher price soothing motions glider baby swing is one of the best baby swing I have ever seen in my entire life and really good for the babies and parents. The style of the fisher price soothing motions glider baby swing is good it has the perfect colors and the design is good too making it perfect. The fisherprice soothing motions glider baby swing is safe for infants which is great for the parents because they do not have to woory about their children being there. Also, the fisher price soothing motions glider baby swing is comfortable for babies and they can stay in it for hours which is great because they will not be crying over how incomfortable it is. The baby can sleep on the fisher price soothing motions glider baby swing which is great because if they had fallen asleep you do not have to move them to the crib which wakes them up and then they cry. The fisher price soothing motions glider baby swing is asey to clean and easy to use. It plays music which is perfect for the baby and it glides while the baby in on the fisher price soothing motions glider baby swing.

Soothing Glider is an absolutel lifesaver

from Medford, NY

Comments about Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Glider Baby Swing:

My daughter slept in this glider pretty much every night. She had acid reflux and had to sleep in an upright position so this glider was a lifesaver. We tried putting her in the bassinet with a wedge but she would cry and wouldn't sleep. And you know what that meant that mommy and daddy didn't sleep either. Honestly, if it wasn't for this glider, we all would have been sleep deprived beyond reason. The only problem that I had with this glider is that the material ripped easily. But we definately got our money's worth before this happened. As my daughter was literally in the glider most of the time and slept in it every night until she got too big for it. We are expecting again and will definately be purchasing another glider for him. It plays music and glides back and forth to soothe baby to sleep or to just entertain them. Plus it doesn't take up much space so you can bring it with you when you visit family and friends.

Soothing is sooo true

from Locust Grove, VA

Comments about Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Glider Baby Swing:

I got this glider during my second pregnancy for our upcoming arrival. I had two other Fisher Price swings, and was in love with them.. but when I saw this I just couldn't resist. It just looked sooooo comfortable!

Thankfully, once my baby arrived it was a true lifesaver! While our swings were fantastic the beauty of this is that it really does glide, smoothly and quietly --- very very quietly!

The material it is made out of is very soft and lush. I think that my kids fell asleep in it much more comfortably, stayed warmer and slept longer than they did in their swings.

The angle on the glider makes little ones sleep in a more natural position compared to a traditional swing. The motion is so gentle, it was incredibly soothing to the newborns! As they get a little older our kids were smitten with the activity bar-- something that surprised me given the muted colors, but they carried the little bears everywhere, and constantly batted at them!

I never minded the "crazy" patterns of the "ocean wonders" and "rainforest" -- they were for my kiddies, and my house is anything but designer. However, if that is a concern for some it won't be with this item. It really is very attractive, and incredibly neutral. I like the portability of it (as far as moving it from room to room-- not taking it on a trip), and when they get older they can still sit in the glider without it being on-- kind of a half way point between a chair and a booster.

It was incredibly easy to clean and the music was very calming.

Highly recommended, sure you will love it! By far it was the best gift I got for my kiddos!!