Other Musical Toys:
Baby and Toddler, Dolls and Dollhouses, Learning Toys, Musical Toys, Pretend Play
Fisher-Price
Fisher-Price Little People Melody the Mini Van

Fisher-Price Little People Melody the Mini Van

Just Say No! (to Mini-Vans)

**What's with the Mini Van? **I'm a firm believer that *every* little girl deserves something pink. My daughter loves cars and finding "girlish" cars is harder than most people think! When I located the **Fisher Price Melody Mini Van**, I knew it was coming home with me...**Melody the Mini Van** is a 4 four piece play set. It includes a pink and purple plastic van. The van is 8 inches long, 4 inches high, and 5 inches wide. Melody has a smiling, friendly  face, and her eyes move up and down when the tires roll. The van has no windows or working doors, so the dolls just "plop" in. The trunk opens and closes on hinges, and the interior is made from purple plastic. There are three chairs for "Little People" brand dolls to sit in. Sadly, the passenger seat is empty since Dada was excluded from this set...Melody *does *come with a Mommy figure, a cute baby, and a green stroller, all of which are difficult to fit in the van.**..."*Turn the beat around"...*****Melody Van** has a small music button in the center of the dash. When pressed, the button plays "road tunes". Songs like; "Wheels On the Bus", "London Bridges", "If You're Happy and You Know It". There's also cute sound effects like horns honking, engines reving, and laughter. Too bad they left out the *real *noises, things like "Road Rage" "Aggrivation" and "yelling"... My daughter adores her mini-van and she loves putting the figures in their seats. The pieces *are* difficult to maneuver inside the vehicle, but it's never stopped her from finding creative ways to cram them in. Do we love Melody Mini-Van? YES WE DO! But be advised, there's NO off switch for the repetitive, soon to be annoying, sound effects.

I will NEVER be a mini-van mom, but for now, I'll let my daughter have this.

The songs are soooo repetitive

The Fisher-Price Little People Melody the Mini Van is an annoying, plastic toy with a short reel of obnoxious music on board.  It seems to be pretty sturdy, but my child is not destructive, so I can imgagine the back door snapping off under rougher play.

It comes with a mama, a baby, and what I am pretty sure is a stroller for the baby.  the baby may or may not be sitting in a carseat- it's really bizarre looking, and not safe from a carseat standpoint! The Fisher-Price Little People Melody the Mini Van rolls pretty easily, has a back hatch that Open and Closes, and a button to play several little annoying songs.

I dislike plastic toys, I dislike weird Fisher Price Little People, and I HATE the songs it plays, over and over and over! I don't understand where the stroller is supposed to fit in the van, which annoys me.

We are goodwilling this toy in favor of a wood vehicle that encourages imagination and QUIET play.  I don't recommend this toy to anyone.

Cute little car

Comments about Fisher-Price Little People Melody the Mini Van:

I got this for my daughter when she was 2 years old. At first she had a lot of fun pushing it around on the kitchen floor. It makes noise and plays a song when you push down on one of the seat. It comes with two little people, a mommy and a baby. I thought it was very cute and the price wasn't bad either. However, my daughter got very bored with it and it has been sitting in the corner for months.

cute little people toy

from Stone Mountain, GA

Comments about Fisher-Price Little People Melody the Mini Van:

we bought this for our daughter's one year old birthday since she kept trying to steal her big brother's Cars 2 die-cast cars - much to his annoyance! she loved it, especially the little tune and the fact that it had people who can be taken in and out of the car. it rolls around on our hardwood floors very nicely. of course, older brother wants to play with it too along with his little people airplane. i think that this is a very good toy for small hands and for learning about cars, mommies and babies. i really like that the baby seat faces backwards like everyone should do with their "real" babies. i definitely recommend this toy.

Little people rule in our house!

from Royersford, PA

Comments about Fisher-Price Little People Melody the Mini Van:

My kids love anything that is Fisher Price Little People. So when I brought home this little care that sings, they fought over it. I had to go and buy another one so they each have one to drive around the house! Now 2 years later they still play with it and I see tire marks in my carpet as they drive the little people around the house making stops here and there!

Awesome little girl toy!

from Kennesaw, GA

Comments about Fisher-Price Little People Melody the Mini Van:

The Fisher Price Little People Melody the Mini Van is a great concept. For so long, cars have been mainly boy themed. Little People characters and accessories were also frequently boy themed; It is great to see that they finally have created a line for girls. This is also a toy that will last a long while. While my daughter is younger, she will enjoy playing with this set to begin developing her motor skills, while later, she will play with it to enjoy pretend play. Despite the fact that the doors don't open, it is a great toy. Besides, most kids don't take the time to get the Little People out the door, most of the time, my daughter, and the kids in my class, simply allow them to jump through the roof.

This van has been great for my girls since they love pink!

from Layton, UT

Comments about Fisher-Price Little People Melody the Mini Van:

My two girls have loved this pink little people car.  It makes fun sounds and they love to drive Melody around with the baby in the car.  They haven't seemed to mind that there isn't a daddy in the car.  This has been durable for years and was also priced well to begin with.

So fun for little girls!

from Maud, OK

Comments about Fisher-Price Little People Melody the Mini Van:

This van is great for little girls who have older brothers who play with cars all the time. My daughter wanted her own car so I bought her this one. She loved it until she outgrew it. She especially loves babies so she liked the fact there is a baby and a stroller included. I dont care for the noises the van makes, but she seemed to like it.

Durable, Musical and fun.

from Mays Landing, NJ

Comments about Fisher-Price Little People Melody the Mini Van:

Gotta LOVE Little People by Fisher Price!  This van is Super cute!  And it plays little tunes with the single push of a button. VERY durable...safe & adorable!  Even i wanted to play when my daughter had this out :)  Fisher Price makes affordable toys that  are cute, fun & long lasting.

My great nieces LOVED this reasonably priced toy!

from Weir, KS

Comments about Fisher-Price Little People Melody the Mini Van:

For my great nieces I got this as the "little gift" for the one that wasn't having a birthday.   The birthday girl liked this gift best (but of course she would it wasn't hers, LOL).  But it  has been 6 months, and both of the girls really enjoy this toy, it has continued to be useful through the crawling, and then toddling days!

With Fisher Price it has to be quality

from Gambrills, MD

Comments about Fisher-Price Little People Melody the Mini Van:

This is a cute addition to the Fisher Price Little People Doll House. My daughter says this car is "Just Like Mommy's" . It plays a music which can be a bit annoying but my daughter loves to set up her house with the car in the driveway.

girls love it

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Fisher-Price Little People Melody the Mini Van:

well on this toy my little girl had it and loved it she played with it all the time...it's a good cost for the toy....and girls all over will love it.. and play with it always.. it make noises and kids like things that make noise..it's very safe there's nothing on the toy that can be choked on.. it can be played with inside and outside....there'a alot of detail on the toy....