Other Musical Toys:

Fisher-Price Superstar Sing Along Stage

Pros

Cons

Baby AND toddler captivator

I cannot say enough good things about this toy! It was a gift from my mother-in-law to my 3 year old (when she was less than a year old). She loved this toy and still does. Now my youngest (who is now 9 months old) plays with it. In fact I think it is her favorite toy. When my three year old hears the songs going, she usually comes running into the room. Her favorite song is the "Happy and you know it", she will usually try to get it to keep playing that song while my 9 month old will stand while holding it for support (we have it backed against a jumper for this reason) and bounce up and down dancing. It is so fun for us all! My 3 year old came up to me and said, "Mom, clap your hands and be happy in your nose." It has held up for years, through years of abuse, and is still going strong. The batteries seem to last a while too, even with all the use. They just went out yesterday, and I honestly cannot remember the last time we changed them. Perhaps last year? The only thing I would recommend is that if you have a child that likes to pull on everything, that you prop the legs on something in order to prevent it from toppling. This happened to my daughter, and although she was fine, I don't want it to happen again.

Fisher Price Superstar Sing Along Stage was not a hit here.

I bought this toy for my younger daughter when she was about 18 months old. I had heard good things about it from reading reviews online,  so I expected her to really like it. While it seemed like a fun toy, she never took to it for whatever reason. She did like the mirror and she would sit in front of it and look at herself, although the mirror does get really dirty and is kind of hard to clean if your child touches it a lot,  but the actual toy only got played with a few times. I am not sure why, as she does love music. The toy is well made, as with most Fisher Price items I have bought and it was easy to put together, you just have to screw the legs on pretty much. It is bright and colorful so I can see why other less picky kids would enjoy it.

Either way, I cut my losses and passed it on to a friend, her child enjoyed the toy much more than we did, so it all worked out in the end.

Make your child a Star!

Comments about Fisher-Price Superstar Sing Along Stage:

This is such a great toy for babies, toddlers, even preschoolers! It has so many activities built into it that kids always have something to entertain them. The first thing kids will like, especially babies, is the mirror! All babies love looking at themselves, and my son was no exception. He would stare and laugh and talk to himself in the mirror. Of course, there are the musical features too. A microphone for pretend singing, and all the different shaped buttons. Just by pushing them different things happen. Some just play the music, while others let the child control what sounds come out. Maybe they like drums, or even better are the horns. Kids will go crazy with all the lights and sound on this activity center. A great investment in your child's creativity, and they will be amused for hours! Definite must for all parents with young kids.

For the rockstar!

Comments about Fisher-Price Superstar Sing Along Stage:

My daughter and son love playing with the this toy so much that they fight over it! They love looking at themselves in the mirror and holding the microphone. It is also fairly compact so it is easy to fit in to small spots. The lights help to keep their attention longer as well!

my child loves this!!!

Comments about Fisher-Price Superstar Sing Along Stage:

My son absolutely loves this toy! He cant stop laughing when he sees himself in the mirror. But what I love is the low price and the music. My son can stay entertained for hours and I have fun just watching him. I just wish he could sit up long enough to play. Haha

Fun for little ones, two and under

from Los Osos, CA

Comments about Fisher-Price Superstar Sing Along Stage:

The Fisher-Price Superstar Sing Along Stage is a great toy for very young babies to about 2 years old. This item was one of my older daughter's favorite items for a while. The songs, lights and interactivity pulled her in, unfortunately as she got older it was not enough.

It was nice that it was good for sitting to the standing position. It allowed for the transitional times in her life when she was learning to walk.

I am about to get it back out now for my second child. She is about 7 1/2 months old, and I think that she is about the age that will appreciate this toy.

Easy to clean and brite colors are two positive factors. This toy is one that will last and last, after my youngest is done with it, I will take it to the second hand store where I am sure they will be able to sell it.

One disappointing feature is that the microphone is essentially a rattle and does not function in really interacting with the toy. If only they would have went a little further with this toy, it could have easily been a 5 star.

My son just adores his Sing Along Stage -- can't get enough.

from Vienna, VA

Comments about Fisher-Price Superstar Sing Along Stage:

The Fisher Price Sing Along Stage was the surprise hit TWO CHRISTMASES AGO, when my son was six months old, and it keeps on trucking in our house.  We used it to learn to sit up, to pull to a stand, and even to push around the tile floor.

Others have described how much fun it is, so I won't repeat.  The other pretty cool things about the stage are:

1.  The box contains a card that has the words to the songs so you won't drive yourself NUTS trying to figure it out.

2.  The assembly is VERY stable.  Children can pull up on it without fear.

3.  More than one song mode.

4.  Toy is lightweight and easy to move from room to room.

Great Toy

from Hilliard, OH

Comments about Fisher-Price Superstar Sing Along Stage:

When my daughter turned 6 months old I was getting emails about development and what kind of toys kids liked.  The article stated that around this age babies loved mirrors.  I searched up and down for a good toy with a mirror.  A friend recommended the Sing Along Stage.  Best toy ever!!  Such a great buy, I have bought 4 since as presents for other parents!!  The lights, sounds, songs keep babies entertained.  Not to mention my child is now 20 months old and still loves to play with it.  She takes the microphone and acts like she is singing, watching herself in the mirror.  There are a number of songs so though you will get tired of them, there is a little variety.  Furthermore, it comes with very cute cards that have all of the words to the songs, as some of them you know while others I had never heard before.  The songs are very cute and catchy and even educational.  Very durable as well as my daughter climbs on it, sits on it, plays peek a boo from behind it while holding it pretty roughly.    Would highly recommend obviously as I have given many as gifts and even bought an extra one for the babysitters house it kept my crazy busy child so entertained.

love the mirror

from Clinton, TN

Comments about Fisher-Price Superstar Sing Along Stage:

My son played with this alot.  He would play with all the toys on it and look at himself with the mirror.  The only negative is that the music would randomly play even when he was not playing with it.

Great toy for babies just learning to sit!

from Brighton, CO

Comments about Fisher-Price Superstar Sing Along Stage:

I have seen this toy be used by two of my babies and my friends twins.  They love it!  It's great for when they are just learning to sit.  I would just prop up some blankets behind them and the mirror and music kept them occupied for quite a long time so I could get things done.  It has different levels of difficulty also.  The mirror is something that can be enjoyed by all without any movement.  Then there is the piano that is easy for a baby to play music with just small movements and then there is a harder sliding button that they can use as they progress to more advanced movements.  The size is inconvenient if you don't have a lot of room, but it was worth it to me.  The microphone is pretty useless and they could probably do without it.  It is detachable and easily lost.  The songs are nice since they are familiar baby song sand you can sing along.  I would highly recommend this product for someone who is looking for a way to have baby entertain him/herself.

Superstar stage is awesome! I even sing along!

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Fisher-Price Superstar Sing Along Stage:

We adore the Fisher Price Sing along superstar stage! We first received this toy in the winter of 2008 for my first daughter when she was six months old. She absolutely loved this you! What a hit! She was memorized by the lights and music. She enjoyed banging on the instruments and watching herself in the mirror. We referred to this toy as the babysitter because she was so engrossed in it I could actually get a load of laundry folded! My daughter learned how to pull herself up to standing on this toy. (we had the legs wedged under the coffee table so there was no danger of her pulling it on top of herself. it is quite sturdy with the way the legs are positioned anyways) When my daughter was a bit older we passed this toy along to a friend and her daughter enjoyed the toy as well. My second child is also adoring this toy. We got it out just before she turned six months and she loves it! The lights and music are just so fun and babies love mirrors! Even as an adult I like the music. I also like that the toy has two modes, one with words and one where the baby just creates the music using the instruments. The songs are not annoying which is particularly refreshing for a baby toy! I highly recommend this toy!

Sing Along Stage - Great for infants and toddlers!

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Fisher-Price Superstar Sing Along Stage:

We purchased the Fisher Price Superstar Sing Along Stage used at a garage sale, not sure of how it actually worked - and I would say it was the best find we had of the year.  We purcahsed it when our daugther was 4 months old, and we would prop her up in front of it with the boppy pillow and she loved hitting the buttons and laughing when the sounds would start.  As she got older, she would figure out how to sit on her own in front of it, and loved looking at herself in the mirror.  Then she used to to cruise around before she could walk on her own.  Now that she is almost two, she still loves the toy and uses it to pretend that she is singing.  It is amazing to see how this toy has grown with her.  We have definitely gotten our money out of it, many times over again.

I will admit, however, to a mom, that the songs can get kind of annoying at times (but doesn't this happen with all toys that sing songs?).  At one point when she was really into this toy, I could no longer handle the song "If you are happy and you know it!"