View more baby swings

Fisher-Price Deluxe Take Along Baby Swing

Fisher-Price Deluxe Take Along Baby Swing

Pros

Cons

Baby Is Going To LOVE This Swing!

**Deluxe Travel SwingByFisher Price**

**Deluxe Travel SwingByFisher Price**

**What is it?**The** Fisher Price Deluxe Travel Swing** is a baby swing that is compact and folds up easily for parents (and infants) that are on-the-go.The Deluxe Travel Swing has 8 different speeds for rocking, from super slow to kinda fast and everything in between.The swing has lights and music that can be turned on.  After a while the music and lights will stop but all baby has to do is reach for one of the dangling toys and it will start up again.  (Unless the feature is turned off).Songs include Rock-a-bye baby and other soothing infant songs.

Requires 4 "C" BatteriesHolds up to 17 lbs (but still works with more weight)**My Viewpoint!**I received one of these and gave away my (practically new) full-size swing.  This swing is so easy to transport (we carry up and down the stairs daily) and the babies love it!

Currently, I have 2 infants who are fussy and will calm right down in this swing.  We try to rotate each one so they each have time but until they are back in the swing, they aren't happy.

The reason I only gave it 4 stars is because it sucks the life out of batteries.  We go through a pack of batteries about every week.  It's crazy.  But then again, we use it alot also with both babies.

The babies LOVE the lights and music and don't sit or sleep in it without them on.  It also drowns out the rest of the noise in the room for baby to sleep comfortably.

I didn't think that they hanging toys would get much use but they do.  The babies reach up for them and watch them sway back and forth.  They are almost hypnotic. :)

Padding comes off easily to be washed....thankfully!  It's also very easy to fold up and down to transport.

I can't recommend the **Deluxe Travel Swing by Fisher Price** enough!

Not a bad swing, but there are better ones out there

We received this swing as a gift when my son was about 4 months old. A preemie with a low tolerance for everything, we survived 3 months of colic before our pastor surprised us...Read complete review

We received this swing as a gift when my son was about 4 months old. A preemie with a low tolerance for everything, we survived 3 months of colic before our pastor surprised us with the swing.

Now, three years later, it's survived multiple trips to see my parents (3 hours away) as well as 2 children.

Pros:

1) Easy to use - how hard is it to turn a switch? Even changing the batteries is fairly easy.

2) Music - while not exactly calming to us, both my kids seemed to love the music. Personally, I would go for a white-noise swing, but that's just wishful thinking!

3) Lights - can be over stimulating for young infants, but generally an exciting time for babies. Even my toddler loved to watch them!

4) Portable - portable means it can be taken from point A to point B easily. They never said it was compact. If your baby can sleep in a crib overnight, take a pack and play to save some space

Cons:

1) Bye-Bye Batteries - everyone knows that parenting costs a LOT of money. Diapers, bottles, formula (if you go that route), clothes, more clothes, shoes, trips to the doctor, medicine, etc. However, this thing just kills batteries without a second thought. Taking 4 C batteries, it's not cheap. For us, one set of batteries would last between 4-7 days, depending on the amount we used it. Not exactly comforting when you have a crying baby at 3 AM and the batteries die!

2) As your baby grows, the swing slows - it's logic that as the baby gets heavier, the more energy it takes to move the swing. However, we were amazed that the swing was REALLY lagging when our daughter hit about 12 pounds. Fortunately, she was able to master the art of crib sleeping.

3) Those dangly toys can wake babies up - you know what babies flail their arms? Forgot what the reflex is called, but all babies do it. You CAN tie the toys to the side, but older babies still hit them.

--------

As I mentioned before, it's not a bad little swing. However, now there are much more efficient models on the market. I highly recommend looking at other brands and models instead of just buying this one.

accommodates a wide range of sizes

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Fisher-Price Deluxe Take Along Baby Swing:

After my second child was born, I thought we weren't having any more kids so we donated our cradle 'n' swing. That other one drove me crazy with the humming noise it made. So when we were surprised to be pregnant again, I wanted a swing that wouldn't make any annoying sounds while swinging. I found one of these used at one of those mom to mom sales. This swing requires batteries but for a battery powered swing, it can go pretty fast. My hefty toddler loads himself into it and he fits but it doesn't swing much when he's in it. When the baby is in it, she likes it on the slowest swing setting. It also has flashing lights and music, which just seem to trigger the scream bloody murder reflex in my kid.

Features
It has a small footprint

• Versatility:
  • Safety:
  • Features:

my daughter LOVES this swing.

Comments about Fisher-Price Deluxe Take Along Baby Swing:

Over all I haven't any real complaints about this swing. My daughter loves it, and its easy to use, travel with, and store. My daughter has made it obvious to us that she is comfortable in it, but will say that we never leave her in it without being buckled in as she is tiny and would slide out. Common sense says to buckle your child in anyway so this is not an issue. In closing its a good, sturdy product that my daughter loves.

• Versatility:
  • Safety:
  • Features:

LOVED this swing! Batteries the only real issue

from Blairsville, GA

Comments about Fisher-Price Deluxe Take Along Baby Swing:

I had triplet girls.  I also had a fairly small house at the time.  I was given these at my baby shower and I absolutely loved them.  You can fold them up and put them away.  You can carry the child around the house with you, place them in the same room as you.  They don't take up too much room.  You can take them on trips with you.  You can even put the baby on the counter while you cook.  They play music, flash lights, have hanging toys for them to grab at, and, of course, swing with different settings.

You can set the swing to move quietly, to have sounds with different volumes, to flash lights or not, each independently.  Very nice feature.

It lasted long enough that I handed it down to my sister-in-law and another one to my best friend.  They loved them, too.

Only real issues was the use of batteries!  It only starts there, and gets worse as the toys get bigger.

Best take along swing!

from Sartell, MN

Comments about Fisher-Price Deluxe Take Along Baby Swing:

This is a great swing! It has been used for 4 kids and is still going strong. I like that it can be set on the counter so my other little ones can't push and try climb on it will the baby is in it. I also like the dangling toys that baby can play with and make it play music or you can make it play music all the time for the real young baby that can't yet reach the toys. When not in use it folds up real nice and can slide in the closet for storage. Takes up very little room. I highly reccommend this swing to anyone with a baby and lack the space for a floor model.

The Fisher-Price Deluxe Take Along Swing is very cute

from Spanish Fork, UT

Comments about Fisher-Price Deluxe Take Along Baby Swing:

I received this swing as a gift, and I enjoy using it. It is nice that this swing does not take up a lot of room and it is very easy to move around the house as needed. It is built well, and the lights and sounds are really cute and my baby seems to enjoy them. Sometimes, it is hard for me to tell if the swinging motion is actually off, because it can be hard to tell with the knob, and I have accidentally left the swing on for hours, but the batteries still work and I've never had to replace them. I like the little hanging toys on the swing. I do wish that the seat reclined just a tiny bit more so that I could have used it when my baby was a newborn. The seat is so wide, that my baby could slide around in there too much and lay almost sideways. (I guess I could have buckled her in). I think my baby would be more comfortable in the swing if it reclined a little more. I wish the seat was more adjustable, so I could also help my baby sit up better to reach the toys.

Deluxe Take Along swing is great for on the go mommies

from Lexington, KY

Comments about Fisher-Price Deluxe Take Along Baby Swing:

This is the perfect swing for people who are constantly on the go with their little ones. It folds up quick and easy and can fit in the truck along with everything else you need to take for baby. It keeps them sort of sitting up a little bit more so I don't recommend this swing for a newborn that doesn't weigh very much yet since the weight make it work better in my opinion. The lights thrill most babies and I like that I can control the volume on the music. My little boy loved playing with the hanging toys and activating the lights made his day. I loved that I could move him all over the house and get things done while he was happily playing. I don't recommend moving this with baby in it though. To easy to dump them out. I highly recommend buying two sets of rechargeable batteries so you always have some new ones ready to go. It will save you a lot of money in the long run over buying batteries over and over as well helping the environment by not throwing out so many used batteries.

Fisher Price Take Along Swing Not My Favorite

from Griswold, IA

Comments about Fisher-Price Deluxe Take Along Baby Swing:

The Fisher Price Deluxe Take Along Baby Swing was not my favorite baby swing. I had seven children, and used several different baby swings over the total of over twenty years. My husband and older children purchases this swing for me to use with my youngest child. It would be perfect for a family on the go and easily moved from one room to another. I was, however, very disappointed with the swing. It just didn't seem to get into the 'swing' of it good enough. It tended to slow down and stop, and needed a push now and then to keep it going. The full sized swings I'd used with my previous children didn't need to be pushed because it stopped for no reason. Unforutunately I have not even pulled this one out for my grandchildren to use, because it is just plain old frustrating to have to keep messing with it. Now, I will admit, that it IS possible I have a defective one. Someone else may not have any problem at all with theirs, but just so you know, I did.

Take along swing has survived 4 babes in our house

from Berwick, PA

Comments about Fisher-Price Deluxe Take Along Baby Swing:

The Fisher Price deluxe take along baby swing was first given to us as a present when we had our first baby - that was over 6 years ago. We just used it for our latest baby - we love this swing.

We don't have a huge house and space is an issue with everything. This little swing was perfect for our family. It was easy to p ut together and easy to take apart. It folds up neatly and can slide behind a couch or in a corner.

It is very easy to take the cover off and wash. This is a great feature! It has survived 4 babies in our family and the abuse of a 2, 4 and 6 year old.

The Deluxe Take along baby swing has music and lights to engage your baby - and has a little dog and cat they can grab onto. The music also has a volume control which is wonderful!

Although it does drain batteries - invest in some rechargables and you'll be glad you did. Even if you just let your batteries die - it still is a very good swing without the bells and whistles.

great baby swing for on the go!

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Fisher-Price Deluxe Take Along Baby Swing:

The fisher price deluxe take along baby swing is the perfect option for parents who know they will be traveling often and want to take along a toy for their babies for entertainment.  In the past, if your baby lived in his or her swing, you would not really consider packing up that huge swing unless you were really desperate.  Now, the take along baby swing comes in so many different patterns and works efficiently just like the big swing at home would.  The baby swing that I have in particular is the precious planet covering, which is so cute with a big baby lion face on the swing seat...definitely can be used for boys or girls.  This swing moves on five different settings and you can adjust the speed a few different ways, which is nice.  It really has everything the big swing has, but less legs and takes up way less space.  I know friends who have just gotten rid of the big swing and replaced it with the take along!

FP Deluxe Take Along Swing is a MUST

from Columbia, TN

Comments about Fisher-Price Deluxe Take Along Baby Swing:

I purchased this for my daughter shortly after she was born. This swing was invaluable to me. Very lightweight so could move from room to room with me with ease, folded up simply and took up very little space therefore could take to grandma's our on trips with us. I used this one my daughter first started eating baby food to feed her in. Out of all of the baby items we have (or had) this was a NECCESITY!!!!