View more baby swings

Fisher-Price 2 in 1 Cradle Swing - Woodland Animals

Fisher-Price 2 in 1 Cradle Swing - Woodland Animals

4.1

Greatest Grow with your Child Swing Ever

I received this as a gift from a really good friend (who also bought one for her self as well). She knows how much I love convertible, grow with the children toys, cribs, carseats, and well just all the baby essentials that you can possibly thing of and this is definitely one of those things! It is a three in one swing. You can acutally take the seat out and it leans back like a little seat for your brand new baby. I absolutely loved this feature and would hall the chair all over my hous with me and even outside. I'd put my baby boy in it when I was outside watering my plants and he'd look around and just love being outside. As he got a little bigger we put the chair back on the swing base and would let our little one enjoy his swing. It is battery operated and does have only two speed settings and two volume settings, but that is ok with us. He loves to sit in it and listen to the music as he swings, but turn the music off and he wants out of it immediately! Hopefully your little one won't be the same way because sometimes the music can just be annoying, but its definitely not the swings fault! Once our little one out grows the swing it will turn into a little rocking chair as he a toddler which will be super nice. I do not have any experience with other swings since this is our first one and our first child, but so far it does seem to be of good quality. I love things that grow with your children so you don't have to buy a whole bunch of items and it was super easy to put together. I mean way easy! The instructions were super simple to follow and I did it all by myself without the help of my husband! I put most of the stuff together but of course needed help with the crib! This is definitely something we would recommend to our family and friends and would likely give as a gift as well. We may even keep this one around for baby number two!

Nothing Special

I put this on my baby registry for my first baby. When I got it as a gift I was so excited. I will admit that my son loved it and it swung him to sleep many times. I love how the design and colors matched our living room, and we have a small house so I wanted a small swing that wasn't in the way all the time. It really does fold up nicely and fits in my sons closet which is a pretty small average closet.

Even with all those positives there are just as many negatives. The seat doesn't seem like it would be comfortable at all. I wouldn't want to sit in it, that is for sure. It might have been comfortable to my newborn because he fell asleep in it very well.  The first set of batteries we put in it lasted a good amount of time. After those batteries died, every other set of batteries we put in it died within 2 days. We spent so much money on batteries that it went weeks without us using it because the batteries were dead and we never got time to get new ones. For the first month I really liked the swing, but things went downhill fast. It seemed like it didn't have much power, you have to push the swing for it to start swinging but then it seems like it slows down. Also the bigger my son got the slower it went, and we could only use it until he was around 13 pounds and he was born over 10 pounds. I would not want to get this swing again! I shouldn't have asked for it in the first place since we are not travelers and this is a swing to be able to take to different places. If you are looking to have a swing to just use at home, do NOT get this swing! If you have a bad back, don't get it. I had a c-section and I could not put him in the swing or take him out for weeks. I had to rely on my husband and I hated it. Once my husband went to take a shower and left the baby sleeping in the swing, and he woke up and started crying. I thought i could just hurry up and pick him up, but since the swing is so low to the ground and I didn't realize how low until I bent over and hurt myself so bad I almost dropped the baby.

Fisher Price Swing N Rocker is great

from Greer, SC

Comments about Fisher-Price 2 in 1 Cradle Swing - Woodland Animals:

I bought the Fisher Price Swing N Rocker at a consignment sale. It has worked great for our needs so far. It is a swing, infant seat, and toddler rocker. We have used the infant seat countless days and many nights. It was so convenient when my baby had to sleep at an elevated position when he was first born. We could just set it up and put him right in it for the night. The only thing now when we use it as an infant seat, is as he gets a little bigger, he's started arching his back and sometimes it looks like he might slide right out, but he is getting older. We still put him in it to nap sometimes, but I keep an eye out to make sure he's not trying to slip out. As far as the swing goes, it works well for him. We just latch him in, and he enjoys the swinging motion, and the music it plays as well.

Fisher Price Take Along Swing is Good for Travel

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Fisher-Price 2 in 1 Cradle Swing - Woodland Animals:

We have had this swing with both of our children and both have thought very differently of it. My oldest at one week old fell asleep in it. My second child won't even sit in it still at 6 weeks old.

Pros: Light-weight, Folds up nicely for portability, 5 different speeds, cover comes off easy for easy clean-up

Cons: There is no music, there is not a toy bar, it is not "snug"

My first child was a pretty easy going baby where as my second child is a bit "touchy." I think she doesn't like it because there isn't any music for her (she has to have a white noise machine going most of the day), She needs some disctration, with my oldest we actually bought a toy to go across the swing so he could have something to look at and play with, and the swing definitely doesn't snug or swaddle the baby in any way you would want to safely place blankets around the baby to have that affect.

I maybe would buy this again I like that it takes batteries and is small & portable. If you are looking for something that moves around easily or you don't have a lot of space this would work. If you aren't limited by space, then a different swing might be better for you. Of course, it really all depends on the baby!

Great Swing for the Money

from Marshall, TX

Comments about Fisher-Price 2 in 1 Cradle Swing - Woodland Animals:

This was given as a gift by the hosts of our shower. We love this item and have been using since the day we bought my son home from the hospital. It has 6 different speed settings, music and manture sounds with volume control. I also like how you can change the direction of the swing to forward face or to swing from side to side. The swing doesn't take up a lot of space either which is really nice! As my son has gotten a little older he really loves the toys that are above the swing. The chair cover is removable and washable and very easy to take on and off if need. Great adjustable safty belt as well. I would recommentd this purchase to any of my friends having a baby. It's very gender neutral as well. THe only con that we have found is that we have to change the batteries often which may just be because we use the swing so much! Changing the batteries isn't hard just kind of a problem when you have a crying baby who is wanting to swing.

Swing to Rocker - versilite and baby loves it!

from San Bernardino, CA

Comments about Fisher-Price 2 in 1 Cradle Swing - Woodland Animals:

This Woodland Animals Swing to Rocker was a baby nessessity for my daughter who is now one.  She quickly disliked the bouncer so when we got this it was a godsend - she loved the swing and it had enough power to move her body in a comfortable rocking motion - shes a big girl so I needed something that would keep up and I found it.  The rocker we now use seperatly as the front room chair and I like the design so it cant tip over and cause her to spill if she gets rocking with a bit too much enthuiasm.  The swing part held up great and didnt waste batteries - though I wish it came with a wall plug adapter as well that would have been a real added bonus.  The fabric has held up well to her spills from food, bottle, and sippy cup with easy cleaning.  The swing part folds away with some convinence for storage and we plan to use it for our coming baby due in the spring.  Defintly something I can easily recommend to family and friends or anyone expecting a little one.

FP cradle in swing does a great job

from Waukegan, IL

Comments about Fisher-Price 2 in 1 Cradle Swing - Woodland Animals:

My mother in law bought us the fisher price cradle n swing when our youngest was born. At first i was upset because it was not the one I told her I wanted but a swing is a swing and i figured it would get the job done (and having a newborn i wasn't eager to take it to the store and return it). We keep it in our livingroom and the colors work very well in there, that was one of my favorite things, i didn't want some brightly colored eyesore in my livingroom. I love that the back of the swing is soft because my daughter naps in there sometimes and i don't have to worry about her developing a flat head. I do think that the attached mobile is a little boring but she's usually asleep in it so that doesn't matter so much. I love the way that it can chage the direction that it rocks (side to side or front to back). my only real complain is that at 25" long and 18 lbs she's getting a little big for it (and she's only 4 months old) But the amount I use it I have definatly got my moneys worth (well my mil's moneys worth.) my 2 yr old 27 lbs ds likes to climb in it and it hasnt broken so while the baby is getting a little big it still works fine.

I love this swing!

from Midway Park, NC

Comments about Fisher-Price 2 in 1 Cradle Swing - Woodland Animals:

I got this swing for my son who is now 18months old. He loved it and it would keep him busy for 30mins or so, and I was able to get things done around the house. Also great for naps during the day. The seat don't lay flat so that helps with spit up, plus the way the seat is made for a toddler rocker later, there was no worry of him out growing the seat part of the swing because of how tall he was before he outgrew it by weight. So many baby swings now seem like the baby will out grow it within a few months, but having BIG babies..I needed something that lasted a lot longer. Plus I really love that the seat comes off and you can use it as a chair later. My son a step-daughter use the chair all the time! Now I have another little baby and pulled out the swing again and it still works great and Im getting plenty of use out of it, well worth the money I paid for it! The pattern is also adorable and my son loves the owl. The only down fall really is the bar with the toys isn't made to add or take off toys, but thats not a big deal at all.

Versatile

from Franklinton, NC

Comments about Fisher-Price 2 in 1 Cradle Swing - Woodland Animals:

My husband and I saw this swing online and were dead-set on having it. We loved the idea of buying one swing that converts into a toddler swing and then into a toddler rocker. We loved this so much but our local store didn't carry it--in fact, none of the local stores did! We ended up driving almost an hour and a half away to get it!

That being said, our child is not very crazy about the swing (of course!). But, we've used it enough to be able to review it.

As an itty-bitty newborn, our son was able to swing for a little while in this swing. Now, he was a large baby, so he probably fit better than other newborns. Even still, he was tiny in the swing.

Once he got bigger, the swinging part seemed to have a little trouble swinging constantly. But, giving the swing a little push or shove gets it going again.

My brother and sister-in-law visited once with their son, who was, at the time, 11-months-old. We converted the swing to the toddler rocker and our nephew loved it!! He was so cute sitting in the rocker, pretending to read his picture books. This excited my husband and I because we are hoping that once our son grows out this stage of refusing to swing, he will love to sit in the rocker.

If your child loves to swing, this will be great!

I like the idea of this...

from Holland, MI

Comments about Fisher-Price 2 in 1 Cradle Swing - Woodland Animals:

We used this swing with my third baby and while I liked the idea of it, there are a few things I would like to see improved.  With my previous two children, we had a full size standing swing.  I do much prefer this little swing for our small house.  It was easy enough to cart from room to room as needed and did not have as large of a footprint as a full size swing.

I only used it until about 4 months or so because I was worried my daughter would fall out.  The full size swing we used before had a plastic tray on the front which kind of served to trap the baby (in a good way).  This has no such thing and I felt like she might fall forwards or sideways out of the swing once she was trying to sit up.  Another issue is that the swing had sort of a jerk to it as it rocked and was not quite smooth.  My husband did not like that it was jolting the baby a bit.

Its cute and like I said, I like the idea of this, but we will probably look for an updated one next time.

Safety
Not so great for older babies once they try to sit up and squirm.

• Versatility:
  • Safety:
  • Features:

Nice swing for the price, great for traveling.

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Fisher-Price 2 in 1 Cradle Swing - Woodland Animals:

We recieved this swing as a gift for a baby shower. I was not sure if I wanted a swing and if I did, I didn't want one that would take up a lot of space. This swing is nice as it is small and does not take up a ton of room. It is also easy to fold us so it can be tucked away and is easy to take with when we go to visit grandparents or we took it with a few times when we were camping. It is lightweight and very portable. The swing has 5 settings for speed and runs on batteries. This can be good as you don't have to have it plugged in, but then you have to keep C batteries on had. It does not seem like it has gone through the batteries too quickly. Our daughter is 4 months and I have only changed them three times. Our baby girl really likes to sit in it and it was very helpful when she was super little as I could bring it in the kitchen when I was cooking to keep here near me when she was napping. I think this swing is a  good value and have enjoyed using it.

Nothing Special