3.8
FilterQueen
MAJESTIC
FilterQueen Canister Vacuum

Going back to Kirby

Hard to change cone filters. Filters very expensive. does not have the cleaning power of my old Kirby. Going back to Kirby

Yakima WA

I'll give it a 50/50

I received a used Filter Queen from my mom's friend one day and I decided to service and pretty much refurbish it. It works pretty good but two things that stick out is that it's so many parts to assemble before I can actually turn it on. It is nowhere as convenient as my Dyson Ball Animal 2, not does it pick up as much or is as powerful. But one thing that I like about it is that the hose isn't stretchy like my dyson's, so that means i'm not fiddling with it the whole time and getting a whole cardio workout trying to vacuum a cobweb! It has a nice suction, not as strong as a regularly maintained dyson as mine is, but it's average. I haven't noticed poor filtration of dust as i've had it, but one thing I hate about it, the filter cones. They are a pain to have to buy because if you used all of the ones you had and don't have any more you can vacuum, but again i have another vacuum so it's not that bad. Also the brushes on the power nozzle wear down over a short period of time. I've been using this vacuum for a while and the brush has to be replaced at least once every two years. There ya go, i've said my piece.

Natchez, Mississippi

Worst sweeper ever

The worst sweeper ever do not waste you money they do not stand by there warrenty. I could have bought a cheap sweeper from anywhere and it would have lasted as long. It only lasted 2 years and it was junk. Do not buy

Pa

Big Fan of these products

I recently saw a Majestic and a Defender Purifier demo and majorly impressed with the build quality and performance of these machines. I've had other good vacuums but this "system" as they called it really puts everything else to shame. My family has allergies and I have asthma so me and my husband got a Mega System from Filter Queen (3 Defenders and a Majestic Vacuum). We couldn't be happier with our purchase. The demo of the air purifiers was really compelling. The machine the guy had to show us how polluted our air was and how well the Air cleaners got rid of everything really sold us. Plus, all the nasty junk my old vacuum (which we paid a lot for back in the day) was leaving behind. I totally recommend this "system" to anyone and everyone. We couldn't be happier with our investment and are considering buying a couple more Defenders for our home. I guess I have to change my user name on here (somehow). Lol

Colorado Springs, co

un-proud owner of Filter Queen vac

price is outrageous for what you are getting

Craigsville, WV

wanting upright vacumn

like my fq but the hose sucks so much stuff I have gotten socks stuck there. then I have to take to vac shop pay them to get sock out. need upright instead of canister.

hi nella nj

works great

I was able to clean my mattress with this machine, it was disturbing how much dust body ash and pet dander came out of the mattress. Also I was able to clean my couch, it actually brought the couch back to its original color and rejuvenated my couch cushion Maneuverability because it's a canister it's a little bit difficult to maneuver, but it does have a protective bumper around the canister to protect the walls and furniture Ease of Maintenance maintenance is very easy I only have to change the filter once a month and the canister will hold up to 16 pounds of dirt so I don't have to empty it very often, and after I empty it all I have to do is wipe out the inside of a canister with a damp cloth or not Suction Performance Suction on this machine is so great that it restored my couch cushion back to its original shape it did have a huge dent in it from sitting on it. the amount of dirt that I was pulled up from my carpet using it the first time wa's ridiculous I'm pretty sure that it was all the dirt from the time this house was built until then. It looked like I had never vacuumed before. Apparently my Shark was not cleaning like it supposed to Versatility I find it to be very versatile not only am i cleaning but when I'm using it I'm also cleaning the air because it still pulls out dust pollen and pet dander. It also has a cool feature that I'm able to put aromatherapy into the machine so it is making the house smell good while I'm cleaning the floor and the air at the same time Design I like the design it's a very attractive black with stainless steel paisley design, the only thing about it that I would design different is I wish they made it up right machine Durability it's extremely durable, when the salesperson demonstrated the machine to me they threw marbles into it, and large very large bolt, and a very large bullett thy were all sucked up into the machine was no problem and cause no damage to the machine. I also like the fact that the upright attachment for the floor will automatically turn off if something is pulled into the brush stopping it from burning out the belts. Also the only belts that it has is in theupright attachmentand it has a lifetime warranty.

true

Vaucum is OK, a nightmare to get service

Was promised a yearly service visit, after three years of ownership I have yet to have someone come back to service this overpriced monster Maneuverability Maneuvers OK, just bumps into everything. Ease of Maintenance I get my husband to empty the dirt out of it. It is too heavy for me to be dumping. Suction Performance picks up lint well

I love my Filter Queen!

I purchased my Filter Queen Majestic Canister Vacuum from a sales person doing an in home demonstration in 1991. My Filter Queen came with a 10" brush, a 6" upholstery brush, a round brush, a crevice tool for hard to reach places like between the seats in my car , a pow-r-nozzle, & hose.. The pow-r-nozzle has additional power to clean carpets. Occasionally, the pow-r-nozzle has lost power. When that happens I check the roller & there's usually hair or a string wrapped around the roller preventing the roller from moving. Once the debris is cut with scissors & removed, the power has been great except for one time. The pow-r-nozzle did stop working a few years ago. My Filter Queen is under a Lifetime Warranty, so I looked for my original distributor. I was unable to find the original distributor locally, but looked in our local telephone book and found another distributor. I was able to drop the pow-r-nozzle off, have the repair work done, & pick it up after a few days. The warranty work was very easy & I've had no further problems with my Filter Queen. I really like that my Filter Queen uses a bagless system. The Filter Queen uses a filter cone to separate the dirt & debris from the power unit (The power unit houses the motor), therefore protecting the motor. Whenever the dirt container is full, I empty it & change the filter cone. I do like doing this outside, so I don't stir up dust in the house when emptying it. There is also a secondary filter to protect the motor. I've been able to purchase both the filter cone (filters) & secondary filters online by doing a google search for them. I sometimes run the unit as an air filtration system. To filter the air, you simply disconnect the hose & turn the machine on. There is a low & high power setting switch. I generally start filtering the air on high, & then switch it to low after about 20 minutes. This is great to do after any construction or dusty jobs in the house. The Filter Queen also has an air-scenting chamber. You simply put a few drops of scented oil on a cloth & insert the cloth into the chamber. A few minutes later, you have a nice scent dispersed throughout the room. My Filter Queen has worked faithfully for me for now 23 years & is still going strong. It was definitely a good investment for me. Maneuverability It is a little difficult to maneuver around furniture without hitting the furniture. The real difficult part is vacuuming stairs due to the bulkiness & weight of the machine. It's really a two-person job to vacuum stairs--one person to hold the machine & another person to hold the wand with the attached pow-r-nozzle & vacuum. Durability My Filter Queen came with a lifetime warranty.

true

I love my Filter Queen Majestic Vacuum!! Won't live without it!!

I have previously used a Eureka bag-less vacuum, which had a very small tank and clogged easily with human and pet hair. I was sick of having to unclog the hose! I had gotten a scratch off card in my local newspaper from a company.. I scratched it off and called the phone number on the card. I was informed they were doing demos for the Majestic, and I would receive my 'prize' at the end of the demonstration. I set up the appointment and had them come out and go over the demo. I was totally fascinated by the vacuum and how well it works!! It has a large tank for the dirt, etc. that it picks up and only has to be emptied once a month... I was all for that! It has a large cone filter that you replace every month when you empty it out, and then there is also a circular filter that sits up against the underside of the motor, it is replaced every 6 months. I have had very little trouble with it too. A locking plastic piece broke off the handle when my husband was trying to put the hose together with the extension and power head. He didn't have the handle turned quite right, and he broke the locking mechanism. We took it back to the distributor, and they replaced it for free. I also had the power head that is used on the floor replaced because one of the tiny wheels wouldn't stay in place. I will admit it was a bit expensive, but not as expensive as a Kirby. It is also not big and bulky like a Kirby or some of the other vacuums on the market. I know we made a very wise investment when we purchased it. I don't have to worry about lugging a heavy vacuum around the house... I just pull on the hose, and the canister follows me just about everywhere! I definitely recommend the Filter Queen Majestic. I actually think it is the last vacuum I will ever have to buy! Maneuverability It is very easy to move around. It has a handle to pick it up in order to carry it around. It is a fairly lightweight machine, weighing in at less than 20 pounds. Otherwise, if it is sitting on the fllor, you just pull lightly on the hose and it will roll along behind you. Ease of Maintenance You empty it once once per month, at which time you also change the cone shaped pre-filter. The cone shaped charcoal filter which is visible when you open the vacuum is changed every 6 months. It is very easy to empty out and put back together again. a representative will come up to your house free of charge once a year to check over the machine. If it is still under warranty, the will repair it for free. You can also buy filter packs from them, so it saves you a trip to their office to pick up any items you might need. Suction Performance It has a lot more suction power than any vacuum I have owned in the past. It will pick up more junk than other vacuums and only has to be emptied once per month. I have no problem cleaning up hair that is left on the furniture by my cats. Also, the sound of the motor doesn't scare my cats either. They will usually stay on the furniture even though I am using the vacuum on it. Versatility In my opinion, it is a very versatile machine. You can vacuum many different height levels of carpeting, then switch the lower attachment and go vacuum hardwood flooring, ceramic tile or any other kind of non carpeted floor. It rolls around very easily with the wheels that are under it. It is a fantastic canister vacuum! Design It has a great design and is fairly lightweight. You can pick the canister up and carry it around without any problems. It is designed so you can switch attachments very easily and they can either be attached on top of the machine or stored elsewhere. Durability I have had my FilterQueen for more than 5 years, and it still looks and sounds like it did when it was brand new. I have had absolutely NO problems with it. I would definitely recommend it to anybody that is looking for a new vacuum.

Saint Charles, MN