Other Vacuums:
FilterQueen
MAJESTIC
FilterQueen Canister Vacuum

FilterQueen Canister Vacuum

Pros

• Long power cord (3)

• Carpet (3)
  • Stairs (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (3)
    • Personal (3)

I will never have to buy another vacuum again

The Filter Queen Majestic is by far the best home cleaning product I have seen !! I am experienced in home/office cleaning and have used many different vacuums over the years. I have used uprights and canisters. Both bagless and not, "commercial" grade and retail. And in my opinion this out does them all. I have in the past used a Kirby, Dyson, Hoover, Eureka, Kenmore, Electrolux, and Miele just tot name a few. You would not believe the amount of debris it picks up! My current home is 90% hard wood floors with one room of carpet. And with the attachments I have been able to clean blinds, cobwebs from high reach places, stairways, rugs (including thick pile bath rugs), furniture (including mattresses), fireplace hearths, and window ledges. For example I have used a carpet cleaner on the carpet four times in a four month period and used a bagless upright several times a week. (call me a clean freak with infants) and was left without words when I saw the anount of pet hair, dust and etc that the Majestic pulled from the carpet on just the first use!! I have since used it at a neighbors, and mothers house to help them eliminate unwanted dirt they did not even know they had! It left my die hard Kirby famioly also speechless when we went "head to head". My moms front entry has a rug. Kirby on one side, Filter Queen on the other. Within a couple swipes, I could not hear any dirt going through the hose. We shut the vacuums off and then the real test....lifted the rug. The tile floor was BARE under the Majestic side and sand was sitting on the Kirby side. For once in over 30 years my parents changed their minds on a product!!

Ok, but not the best.

The *Filterqueen Majestic *is ok. I inherited this from my father, and while it is mostly quiet, it does get a little loud at times. It does have decent enough suction, and it does pick up the dirt, but the cost of constantly replacing multiple filters doesn't make this very worth the average job that it does. It is also very cumbersome to get to and from places. Way too many attachments & transitioning from one to the other to get the job done. I think this would be fine if you had a maid using it for your home, but horrible if you are using it for an apartment or smaller home.

Big Fan of these products

from Colorado Springs, co

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Lightweight
  • Long Power Cord
  • Powerful/Good Suction

• Hardwood Floors
    • Pet Hair
    • Tile Floors

Comments about FilterQueen Canister Vacuum:

I recently saw a Majestic and a Defender Purifier demo and majorly impressed with the build quality and performance of these machines. I've had other good vacuums but this "system" as they called it really puts everything else to shame. My family has allergies and I have asthma so me and my husband got a Mega System from Filter Queen (3 Defenders and a Majestic Vacuum). We couldn't be happier with our purchase. The demo of the air purifiers was really compelling. The machine the guy had to show us how polluted our air was and how well the Air cleaners got rid of everything really sold us. Plus, all the nasty junk my old vacuum (which we paid a lot for back in the day) was leaving behind. I totally recommend this "system" to anyone and everyone. We couldn't be happier with our investment and are considering buying a couple more Defenders for our home. I guess I have to change my user name on here (somehow). Lol

un-proud owner of Filter Queen vac

from Craigsville, WV

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• good air filtration
    • Long Power Cord

Cons

• hate outdated canister style, like uprights
    • Poor Design

• upholstery & bedding

Comments about FilterQueen Canister Vacuum:

price is outrageous for what you are getting

• Personal
    • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

wanting upright vacumn

from hi nella nj

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
    • Efficient
    • Lightweight
    • Long Power Cord
    • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Poor Design

• Hardwood Floors
    • Pet Hair

Comments about FilterQueen Canister Vacuum:

like my fq but the hose sucks so much stuff I have gotten socks stuck there. then I have to take to vac shop pay them to get sock out. need upright instead of canister.

works great

Comments about FilterQueen Canister Vacuum:

I was able to clean my mattress with this machine, it was disturbing how much dust body ash and pet dander came out of the mattress. Also I was able to clean my couch, it actually brought the couch back to its original color and rejuvenated my couch cushion

Maneuverability
    because it's a canister it's a little bit difficult to maneuver, but it does have a protective bumper around the canister to protect the walls and furniture

Ease of Maintenance
    maintenance is very easy I only have to change the filter once a month and the canister will hold up to 16 pounds of dirt so I don't have to empty it very often, and after I empty it all I have to do is wipe out the inside of a canister with a damp cloth or not

Suction Performance
    Suction on this machine is so great that it restored my couch cushion back to its original shape it did have a huge dent in it from sitting on it. the amount of dirt that I was pulled up from my carpet using it the first time wa's ridiculous I'm pretty sure that it was all the dirt from the time this house was built until then. It looked like I had never vacuumed before. Apparently my Shark was

not cleaning like it supposed to

Versatility
    I find it to be very versatile not only am i cleaning but when I'm using it I'm also cleaning the air because it still pulls out dust pollen and pet dander. It also has a cool feature that I'm able to put aromatherapy into the machine so it is making the house smell good while I'm cleaning the floor and the air at the same time

I like the design it's a very attractive black with stainless steel paisley design, the only thing about it that I would design different is I wish they made it up right machine

it's extremely durable, when the salesperson demonstrated the machine to me they threw marbles into it, and large very large bolt, and a very large bullett thy were all sucked up into the machine was no problem and cause no damage to the machine. I also like the fact that the upright attachment for the floor will automatically turn off if something is pulled into the brush stopping it from burning out the belts. Also the only belts that it has is in theupright attachmentand it has a lifetime warranty.

• Versatility:

Vaucum is OK, a nightmare to get service

Comments about FilterQueen Canister Vacuum:

Was promised a yearly service visit, after three years of ownership I have yet to have someone come back to service this overpriced monster

Maneuverability
    Maneuvers OK, just bumps into everything.

Ease of Maintenance
    I get my husband to empty the dirt out of it. It is too heavy for me to be dumping.

picks up lint well

I love my Filter Queen!

Comments about FilterQueen Canister Vacuum:

I purchased my Filter Queen Majestic Canister Vacuum from a sales person doing an in home demonstration in 1991. My Filter Queen came with a 10” brush, a 6” upholstery brush, a round brush, a crevice tool for hard to reach places like between the seats in my car , a pow-r-nozzle, & hose.. The pow-r-nozzle has additional power to clean carpets. Occasionally, the pow-r-nozzle has lost power. When that happens I check the roller & there’s usually hair or a string wrapped around the roller preventing the roller from moving. Once the debris is cut with scissors & removed, the power has been great except for one time.

The pow-r-nozzle did stop working a few years ago. My Filter Queen is under a Lifetime Warranty, so I looked for my original distributor. I was unable to find the original distributor locally, but looked in our local telephone book and found another distributor. I was able to drop the pow-r-nozzle off, have the repair work done, & pick it up after a few days. The warranty work was very easy & I’ve had no further problems with my Filter Queen.

I really like that my Filter Queen uses a bagless system. The Filter Queen uses a filter cone to separate the dirt & debris from the power unit (The power unit houses the motor), therefore protecting the motor. Whenever the dirt container is full, I empty it & change the filter cone. I do like doing this outside, so I don’t stir up dust in the house when emptying it. There is also a secondary filter to protect the motor. I’ve been able to purchase both the filter cone (filters) & secondary filters online by doing a google search for them.

I sometimes run the unit as an air filtration system. To filter the air, you simply disconnect the hose & turn the machine on. There is a low & high power setting switch. I generally start filtering the air on high, & then switch it to low after about 20 minutes. This is great to do after any construction or dusty jobs in the house. The Filter Queen also has an air-scenting chamber. You simply put a few drops of scented oil on a cloth & insert the cloth into the chamber. A few minutes later, you have a nice scent dispersed throughout the room. My Filter Queen has worked faithfully for me for now 23 years & is still going strong. It was definitely a good investment for me.

Maneuverability
    It is a little difficult to maneuver around furniture without hitting the furniture. The real difficult part is vacuuming stairs due to the bulkiness & weight of the machine. It's really a two-person job to vacuum stairs--one person to hold the machine & another person to hold the wand with the attached pow-r-nozzle & vacuum.

My Filter Queen came with a lifetime warranty.

• Versatility:

I love my Filter Queen Majestic Vacuum!! Won't live without it!!

from Saint Charles, MN

Comments about FilterQueen Canister Vacuum:

I have previously used a Eureka bag-less vacuum, which had a very small tank and clogged easily with human and pet hair. I was sick of having to unclog the hose! I had gotten a scratch off card in my local newspaper from a company.. I scratched it off and called the phone number on the card. I was informed they were doing demos for the Majestic, and I would receive my 'prize' at the end of the demonstration. I set up the appointment and had them come out and go over the demo.

I was totally fascinated by the vacuum and how well it works!! It has a large tank for the dirt, etc. that it picks up and only has to be emptied once a month... I was all for that! It has a large cone filter that you replace every month when you empty it out, and then there is also a circular filter that sits up against the underside of the motor, it is replaced every 6 months. I have had very little trouble with it too. A locking plastic piece broke off the handle when my husband was trying to put the hose together with the extension and power head. He didn't have the handle turned quite right, and he broke the locking mechanism. We took it back to the distributor, and they replaced it for free. I also had the power head that is used on the floor replaced because one of the tiny wheels wouldn't stay in place.
    I will admit it was a bit expensive, but not as expensive as a Kirby. It is also not big and bulky like a Kirby or some of the other vacuums on the market. I know we made a very wise investment when we purchased it. I don't have to worry about lugging a heavy vacuum around the house... I just pull on the hose, and the canister follows me just about everywhere! I definitely recommend the Filter Queen Majestic. I actually think it is the last vacuum I will ever have to buy!

Maneuverability
    It is very easy to move around. It has a handle to pick it up in order to carry it around. It is a fairly lightweight machine, weighing in at less than 20 pounds. Otherwise, if it is sitting on the fllor, you just pull lightly on the hose and it will roll along behind you.

Ease of Maintenance
    You empty it once once per month, at which time you also change the cone shaped
    pre-filter. The cone shaped charcoal filter which is visible when you open the vacuum is changed every 6 months. It is very easy to empty out and put back together again.
    a representative will come up to your house free of charge once a year to check over the machine. If it is still under warranty, the will repair it for free. You can also buy filter packs from them, so it saves you a trip to their office to pick up any items you might need.

Suction Performance
    It has a lot more suction power than any vacuum I have owned in the past. It will pick up more junk than other vacuums and only has to be emptied once per month. I have no problem cleaning up hair that is left on the furniture by my cats. Also, the sound of the motor doesn't scare my cats either. They will usually stay on the furniture even though I am using the vacuum on it.

Versatility
    In my opinion, it is a very versatile machine. You can vacuum many different height levels of carpeting, then switch the lower attachment and go vacuum hardwood flooring, ceramic tile or any other kind of non carpeted floor. It rolls around very easily with the wheels that are under it. It is a fantastic canister vacuum!

It has a great design and is fairly lightweight. You can pick the canister up and carry it around without any problems. It is designed so you can switch attachments very easily and they can either be attached on top of the machine or stored elsewhere.

I have had my FilterQueen for more than 5 years, and it still looks and sounds like it did when it was brand new. I have had absolutely NO problems with it. I would definitely recommend it to anybody that is looking for a new vacuum.

• Versatility:

The Filter Queen Majestic Vacuum is a beast!

from Northern Cambria, PA

Comments about FilterQueen Canister Vacuum:

I had a demonstration from Filter Queen quite a few years ago. We were hooked and had to get one. It is very easy to run and doesn't take up too much space. It came with 4 attachments and I have used every single one of them. The Filter Queen pretty much picks up anything on the floor. I am very impressed with this vaccuum and it will last a long time. They give you the option of getting these scents that you can put on a cotton ball and place in the top of the machine. They have some scents for every season (we have at least a half of a dozen). They do scent up the house for a bit of time and take away the smell of any odors. The only two cons I have to this machine is how it's a canister and dumping it out can be a pain. The other is that if you have people with long hair (like I do), it seems to get caught around the barrel really easily and you have to sit and cut it off and pull it out. So cleaning the barrel gets to be a chore. I definitely would recommend for anyone to get this vaccuum.

Ok, but not the best.

from Sheboygan, WI

Filter Queen Majesti 75th edition

from Rural Retreat, VA

Comments about FilterQueen Canister Vacuum:

I owned a Rainbow vacuum before this one. My mother had bought one and I fell in love with it. The Filter Queen is probably my favorite appliance I have. I have four children, five cats and three dogs. This vacuum has more than paid for itself. I vacuum every day and you would not believe the hairs it picks up. It uses a charcoal and hepa filter and the air always smells fresh after vacumming. It has a felt scent pad so you can use something to scent the air. I sometimes use a few drops of vanilla and it smells so good. Its easy to manuever with a gas pump style handle and the power head is easy to get under furiture because it lies flat. The tools and attachments are easy to use. Press a button slide out then slide a different one in place. There is an indicator light on top that will let yoy know when to empty and change the filter. I have had this vacuum for about six years now and it is a work horse. I will never use another vacuum except a Filter Queen.