Other General Household Cleaners:

Fantastik All Purpose Heavy Duty Cleaner

Pros

Cons

It Really is Fantastik

Cleaning is a necessity and there are, fortunately, many different chemicals available in stores to do the job. I have a handful of favorites that I use more than others and one of the members of this exclusive list is **Fantastik Heavy Duty Cleaner**, a product from SC Johnson. **Cleaner Commentary:** Fantastik Heavy Duty Cleaner is a multi- purpose, multi- surface cleaner that cleans and disinfects with each use. This product can be used to clean a multitude of surfaces like kitchen countertops, stainless steel, bathtubs, sinks, appliances (exterior surfaces), cabinets, glazed ceramic tile, bicycles, fiberglass, garbage cans, chrome, floors, porcelain, showers, and even the hubcaps on a vehicle. There are other surfaces that it may or may not be capable of cleaning safely. When in doubt, it is best to test by dabbing a small amount on the surface in order to make sure it doesn't fade or discolor in any way. Fantastik Heavy Duty Cleaner contains special ingredients that kill bacteria within ten seconds. The manufacturer claims that Fantastik kills 99.9 percent of bacteria as it cleans, such as Escherichia coli, Salmonella choleraesuis, Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pyogenes, and Listeria monocytogenes. It can also be used to kill mold and mildew, although not quite as quickly. The manufacture recommends spraying and allowing the cleaner to sit for about three minutes to effectively eliminate mold and mildew. The best thing about Fantastik is the fact that it can clean so many different surfaces. With a product this versatile, you can forgo purchasing several different products and let Fantastik do the work all by itself. Where I use it most is on the surface of the stove (it cuts grease instantly), the kitchen countertops, the bathroom sink, and the bathroom counter. One other useful way that I take advantage of Fantastik is for cleaning doggie accidents. Our floors are completely safe for Fantastik and it does a great job in both neutralizing the odor and in killing the bacteria. Not only is Fantastik great at cleaning messes and killing germs, it is also a cinch to use. The trigger spray is the main reason. The trigger could be improved if it offered the ability to switch from a wide spray (the way it works now) to a more narrow stream. But it is still fine the way it is and there is generally no problem at all with application. You don't even need to rinse- it dries on its own and rather quickly at that. Fantastik All Purpose Heavy Duty cleaner is clear in color and it has an interesting smell. It isn't a bad smell, but it's not a great smell either. There is no bleach in this product but it smells a little like chlorine and a small amount of ammonia. In many ways, it reminds me of the smell of Windex with added chlorine and other chemicals.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Overall, Fantastik All Purpose Heavy Duty Cleaner is an excellent cleaning product and its one I will continue to buy. Cleaning is already a nasty enough chore and Fantastik helps take much of the strain out of the task along with eliminating the need for so many different cleaning products. It cleans quickly and kills 99.9 percent of all germs, making it the perfect companion for the kitchen and bath.

Just like any other toxic cleaner that does the job!

This is really fantastic. This product has harsh chemical for children and pets. But it does clean fantastic. I would love for them to use more  child and pet safe materials and liquids like essential oils  and such. I use it on many sefrcaes but the smell in many cases is too harsh. The job is done however and done with a little elbow grease.

Works Great on Dirt and Grime

Comments about Fantastik All Purpose Heavy Duty Cleaner:

Fantastik All Purpose Heavy Duty Cleaner is my go to cleaner when I need to remove dirt or grime stains from surfaces like my refrigerator door and grime on the interior doors in my home. It quickly and thoroughly removes the dirt leaving everything looking refreshed. I also use it to clean my microwave oven, both inside and out. It is a great product to have in homes with kids who often are the culprits of grimy messes.

Fantastik does a good job cleaning surfaces that have normal everyday stains, like dried coffee stains on kitchen counter tops. It is relatively mild and will clean but does not disinfect or kill germs. It is a nice product to have on hand when you are simply looking to remove dirt and grime.

Fantastik has a nice scent. It does smell like a cleaner and you do notice the scent when spraying the product. I only use this cleanser a few times a month, so the scent has no real impact on me.

Fantastik All Purpose Heavy Duty Cleaner - Love it and Hate it!

Comments about Fantastik All Purpose Heavy Duty Cleaner:

I am in a total quandary with Fantastik All Purpose Cleaner. I use the word 'quandary' deliberately because I love it, and hate it!

I love it for its' cleaning power and convenience. It's an easy trigger spray that requires no more than a flick of the finger and a quick wipe down with a damp cloth. It is great at getting rid of soap scum and tide marks from the bath and shower. It is superb at cleaning kitchen surfaces of grease and old food. However what I'm not so happy about, is the fragrance. I really don't like the "scrubbing bubbles" fragrance or whatever they disguise it as. No sooner have I sprayed my sink than I can taste it on the back of my throat and up my nasal passages! I achieve this level of dissatisfaction having followed all the rules, opening windows etc and yet the "fragrance" (or taste, I should say) contaminates my daily tea drinking which is a treasured ritual in my house.

Fantastic Versatility

Comments about Fantastik All Purpose Heavy Duty Cleaner:

Over the years that I have kept a house of my own many cleaning products have come and gone. Fantastic has been under my sink for the duration. Fantastic All Purpose Heavy Duty Cleaner is one of those products that I call "spray and wipe cleaners". You simply spray on and wipe off to remove grease, grime, dirt and it is even advertised to disinfect if allowed to remain on the surface long enough. I think the reason this product has remained on the shelf for so long is that it is reasonably priced compared to some of the other designer brands and is able to go from the kitchen to just about any other room in the house. It can replace bathroom cleaners, counter top sprays and is even useful in the garage cleaning plastic lawn toys and bicycles. My husband uses it on his tires when washing the cars. The uses for this product around the home are endless.

This spray and wipe cleaner is an effective, versatile all purpose cleaner around the home with a multitude of uses. It works great on everyday dirt and grime and disinfects as well. Simple to find, simple to use, affordable and versatile on a multitude of surfaces.

This cleaner does not have the greatest of smells and to me actually smells a little chemically.

Good all purpose cleaner

Comments about Fantastik All Purpose Heavy Duty Cleaner:

This cleaner is one of my favorite cleaners because it does a great job of picking up dirt, grease, dried food and making surfaces clean. I use it primarily in my kitchen to clean countertops, my stove top and burners, microwave, appliances and wiping down cabinets. I also use it in the bathroom to clean the sink, countertops, toilet and tile. I like how it sprays easily and quickly dissolves dried food or liquid so I can wipe it up right then as opposed to having to wait for it to soak in. It leaves a great clean smell that reminds you that your space is clean and disinfected. It is good for removing bad bathroom odors especially around the toilet. This was my go to cleaner during potty training.

Very reliable for removing dirt, fingerprints, grease and dust on appropriate surfaces. I rely on this for my kitchen and bathroom.

A good clean smell that lasts and also helps counter bad food or bathroom smells.

Good for almost all things in the ktichen and bath.

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Fantastik All Purpose Heavy Duty Cleaner:

We've been using this brand since I was little. It offers a lot of diversity with what it can clean and how well it does so. Being a spray liquid it can really get into deep crevices. If you let it soak and sit for a bit, even the most dried on stains will come up in generally one usage.

While it works very well at cleaning almost all surfaces, it does so because it contains a lot of chemicals. I would never suggest you use this product without protective gloves It's not something I even let my children use. That being said, all those chemicals is what makes it works so well (so a trade off if necessary). We find that with just one squirt it can clean even the most stubborn stains off of any surface that we've tried it on. It's even good at getting ground in dirt up and excellent on surfaces with a lot of texture.

As I've gotten older I've become more and more intolerant of chemical smells and over-scented products. This is one of the worst I've encountered, so will only use it when I either have a stuffed up nose from a cold or I can open all the windows and air the place out. If the company were really progressive, they'd offer a non-scented variety.

Fantastik all purpose heavy duty cleaner

Profile Image

Comments about Fantastik All Purpose Heavy Duty Cleaner:

Fantastik all purpose heavy duty cleaner is a wonderful all purpose cleaner. Seriously what does this stuff not clean! I have used Fantastik all purpose cleaner in my bathrooms and kitchen. It does wonders cleaning up food mess on the stove and splatters in the microwave. I also like using it on the counters after preparing a meal with raw meat to kill the germs. Fantastik all purpose cleaner can clean a toilet, tub, and bathroom sink and leave them all nice and clean and shiny. I also like using Fantastik on my appliances in the kitchen to do a deep heavy clean twice a year. It cleans up all the stains, dirt, and any mess that has accumulated.

Fantastik all purpose heavy duty cleaner is a very high performing cleaner. It can clean a multitude of things and cleans them very well. It will clean set on food off of a stove top or in a microwave. It will even clean grease off of tire rims.

Fantastik does not have the best scent to it but it's a cleaner most do not smell well!

I use this on everything

Comments about Fantastik All Purpose Heavy Duty Cleaner:

Easily my favorite cleaner. I use this on almost everything that I need to clean. Counter tops, toilets, the floor, mold, spills, just about anything. If you have an ant infestation and no ant spray, this will also work. This is one of the best general purpose cleaners that I have ever used. Some other products may be better for their small niche tasks, but Fantastik is easily the best for an all-around-general-purpose approach to cleaning supplies.

Cleans anything. If it is hard to get off, just let it sit there for a little while and often it comes out. I use this in every room that I need to clean. i works wonderfully.

It smells like cleaner. Not really the special scented variety of things. There's better, but there's also worse, so I'd say average. But, one could do worse. The scent of cleaner fades fairly quickly. On the plus side, it does remove the smells of whatever dirt/mold you are trying to clean

One of my favorite go to cleaners.

Comments about Fantastik All Purpose Heavy Duty Cleaner:

Fantastik is my everyday go to multiple purpose cleaner. I have tried several different multiple purpose cleaners but Fantastik is by far the best. It deep cleans stains on countertops and removes stains. I also use this product on the walls in my house. I have several stains from little hands on the walls, this product cleans the walls without removing paint. The smell of Fantastik is a crisp clean long last smell. After cleaning when you walk into the house you can smell clean. I have a glass dining room table which I have used Fantastik to clean and would not recommend this product for glass times. It leaves a lot of streaks. Great everyday product on multiple surfaces. Highly recommend.

Deep cleaning on multiple surfaces; countertops, kitchen cabinets, sinks, toilets, and bathtubs.

The smell of Fantastik is clean and crisp. When you clean with Fantastik your house smells clean and the smell is long lasting.

Very good grease cutter and all purpose cleanser

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Fantastik All Purpose Heavy Duty Cleaner:

This is a strong all purpose cleanser that does a good job cleaning out the microwave when it becomes greasy, and it sure does because we use that oven every day. It cuts greasy buildups very well with little effort.

A small amount full strength sprayed on a cloth does the job well. Grease is cut. I can also disinfect and clean the counters and cut scum buildups in the sink too. This makes the kitchen smell so much fresher.

This specific product does not have a noticeable fragrance outright, but after cleaning sources of bad smells, it does leave a fresh scent that is subtle but very pleasant.

Classic all purpose cleaner

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Fantastik All Purpose Heavy Duty Cleaner:

This is simply a classic all purpose cleaner for not only the home but outdoors and even your automobiles! I use this to clean my refrigerator, stovetop, toilet bowl and even the rims on my tires! This is an excellent spring cleaner for awnings and lawn furniture. The addition of scrubbing bubbles makes this nice for the toilet bowl. The only issue that I do have with this product is the amount needed to get a good lather to clean. It does take several strong sprays to get a good enough foam up to really scrub. Especially for the outdoor projects, I find it easier to just pour the cleaner right into the bucket of water. This makes a nice soapy foam that really works. Once you get enough of the product on the surface, it truly does cut through the grease and caked in stains.

This spray really does work well on both greasy stains and dirt. I use it in a lot of rooms in my house as well as outside. I am always pleased with the results. However, you do need to use quite a bit of the product to get the desired result.

Fantastik has always had a strong scent to me. Its not pungent by any means, but its a strong scent. The scrubbing bubbles addition takes the scent down a little bit.