Other Car Seats:
3401914
Evenflo Big Kid Amp Booster Seat

Evenflo Big Kid Amp Booster Seat

good for older kids

Safety is a big issue on my mind when I driving with my children. Even though my son outgrew his car seat, I still did not feel secure letting him travel in the car wearing only a seat belt. I decided to purchase him a booster seat because it did not look babyish and it still looked like he was sitting on a normal seat when he sat on it. The booster seat is great because it boosts my son up a few inches higher so he is safer if we are involved in an accident. The seat is very light and it only weighs five pounds. It is very easy to secure the seat to the car and buckle it up. My son has the booster seat in the blue color and he likes it a lot. The good thing about the material is that it is removable so that i can wash it easily. My son snacks and drinks when we travel and by the end of the week, the booster seat is dirty and stained with liquid stains. The arm rests are good for when my son is reading so he is able to prop his arms on the arm rests as he reads in the car.

Evenflo Big Kid is not safe, the child can easily slip out of it

In my opinion, I don't necessarily like the Evenflow Big Kid-No Back Car seat because the child can slip out of it without undoing the seat belt. From my own expereince my nephew is four years old and will not stay in his. The child continuously gets out of the seat while I'm driving down the road. I don't feel like my nephew  is safe. When the child gets out of the seat and stands up it distracts the driver and could cause an accident. It may work for some children, but not for all children. I will not buy one of these for my child at this point. I have an evenflow carseat, but it is the kind that the child is securely strapped in. I feel like my child is safe this way. I suggest to parents that have a child that has trouble sitting still not to buy the no back car seat  because it would not be the right kind of carseat to buy. If you are interested in a carseat buy a evenflow carseat that is more secure.

Evenflo Big Kid Amp Booster Seat is a great buy

from Escondido, CA

Comments about Evenflo Big Kid Amp Booster Seat:

I really appreciate the value and durability of the Evenflo Big Kid Amp Booster Seat. Recently we were in a car crash and had to replace the safety seats that my children were sitting in. My husband went to a local store, which we knew would have car seats. He looked at all the brands available and this one was the cheapest, so that is the main reason why we bought it. Once we put it into the van, it really fit snuggly, my daughter loved it. We drive a Nissan Quest and you would think that the car sear was made for the van. She has not complained since we got it. She is also 6 years old, but way too light to be in a seat without the booster. I like the fact that the car seat has a bottom, unlike most booster seats which are hollow. I like the elastic strap for cup holders, makes it easier for the kids to use. My husband did a great job picking out the seat for our little girl!

• Ease of Installation:
  • Child's Comfort:
  • Support and Safety:

Highest Safety Ratings! Five Star!

from Columbiana, AL

Comments about Evenflo Big Kid Amp Booster Seat:

I needed new booster seats for my nine year old boy and my seven year old girl. We had Graco ones, but when I researched the safety ratings for the Gracos, they did not get the best ratings. So, I found the Evenflo Big Kid AMP. It had the highest safety ratings for no back booster seats on the government's website. I bought one in hot pink, and one in bright blue off of Amazon. They are great looking car seats. They are sleek and smart looking. I really like the extra cushion. The kids say it is very comfortable to sit in. To me, one of the best features are the cup holders. There are two on each seat. I think the cup holder design is brilliant because it is made of expandable elastic. It can hold tightly the smallest juice box, or a large drink. I have not had one spill or fall out yet! Plus, the fabric and materials are easy to wipe clean. The black fabric is the best because it does not show stains.

great for kids

from Taftville, CT

Comments about Evenflo Big Kid Amp Booster Seat:

Even though my son has outgrown his car seat, he still needs a boost in order to be safe when he is in the car. I like this booster seat because it is not too wide and my son is able to sit in it without feeling like a baby. The two arm rests on the booster seat are nice because they give my son a place to put his arms when he is in the seat. The pad on the seat is good because i am able to remove it. That is an advantage because that helps me to wash it so it is clean all the time. The blue color is very bright and it is a great color for a kids booster seats. He has not complained to me about any discomfort when he sits in the seat, so i assume that it is comfortable. The other nice part is how easy it is to install the seat.

Great Seat for the Price

from Roseville, CA

Comments about Evenflo Big Kid Amp Booster Seat:

This car seat is a great value. I bought it for my 5year old son who had recently outgrown his britax. He likes that it has armrests and he says the cushion is soft enough to sit in for a couple of hour drives. He likes the color of it and the cup holder, too. I wasn't sure how the cupholder was going to work out, it seems kind of an afterthought by Evenflo. But I have been pleasantly surprised. It has held been able to hold all the cups we have put in it (granted it would not do well with a huge SuperSized drink, but kids size cups seem to work well in it). this was my first evenflo purchase, and I am happy with the overall quality and value of the booster seat. It is narrow enough to fit in a car, but still roomy enough for my son to not feel squeezed in or uncomfortable in the car. The other great thing is how easy it is to clean. So far I have been able to wipe it down and it holds up well after cleaning it.

Evenflo Big Kid Car Seat is great!

from Wilmington, DE

Comments about Evenflo Big Kid Amp Booster Seat:

The Evenflo Big Kids booster seat without a back is great. When my daughter who was 4 at the time when we brought hers, sat in hers, she immediatly felt like she was a big kid, because all that was needed was the saftey belt from the car, and not those difficult straps that become hard to buckle as the kid grows that are on other car seats for children, and if you only have the one seat, and u need to transfer it into another vehicle, its very light weight, and not bulky. The price of it is very reasonable also. We Love it.

Happy car rides!

from Auburn, IN

Comments about Evenflo Big Kid Amp Booster Seat:

This is the first Booster seat that I have ever bought......my son uses it and loves it.

I like that it is durable and isn't made of cloth.....so, its easy to clean!

The only thing I would change is the arm rests....as they are an issue to clean, but its not that big of a deal.

The cup holders are perfect and don't take up extra space....also easy to clean out.

Would certainly recommend!

You get what you pay for

from San Gabriel, CA

Comments about Evenflo Big Kid Amp Booster Seat:

I hate to write a bad review, but this I really dislike this booster seat. It less expensive than most but it's hard and uncomfortable. Your child will be sitting on this seat for years so I really don't think it's worth it to save like ten buck and sacrifice the comfort of that little butt.

good for older kids

from New Haven, CT

Comments about Evenflo Big Kid Amp Booster Seat:

Its very reliable and simple for kids!

from Texarkana, TX

Comments about Evenflo Big Kid Amp Booster Seat:

This booster seat is great! It has been very simple to teach my child how to safely buckle his self in! It is very easy to transport in if you are vacationing and need to pack it along with you! Its not a huge and bulky seat its very small and has little cup holders as well. I love it and think that it is magnificant for any mother with a child over 40lbs. My son loves it because it makes him feel like a big boy and he doesn't have to be strapped down completely to his seat he can stretch better in it and has more visibility as well to see out the windows. Most children its a hassel to transfer the huge bulky seats from one car to another or in airplanes or taxis and can just be a pain! Unfortunately the weight limit is 40lbs to use it and it be safe and effective but it is worth the wait for it! The pull out cup holders it has are great as well my son does not spill his drinks near as mucha s he used to!

bthe Big kid Seat "Awsome"

from Brookfield, MO

Comments about Evenflo Big Kid Amp Booster Seat:

The big kid seat from evenflow so so great. I love the fact that it is light weight so that I can carry two car seats at a time with out any problems. Mine is gray so it matches any car color for those that have to have every thing match. My son's also love their seats because they are comfortable. they do not have the problem, of knee pain that I have found with other car seats which is a big deal because there are days that we spend a lot of time in the car. The big kid seat is also light enough that my daughter who is three can carry it with ease, which is great because she always wants to help.  I have also found that the seat belt goes across their lap and does not leave a gap for them to be able to move around. Which for me I feel that they are safer. They are not able to slide around if you have to make a sharp turn. And they do not tip over like some car seats do when they are put to the real test done with a child that likes to move around.