2.5

2.5

Pros

Cons

Almost perfect!

Our six month old puppy chewed through the electrical cord on our old vacuum, so we set off on a search for a new one. We have two cats and two dogs, who are spoiled rotten and are allowed on the couch, etc. I love my animails dearly, but I am a bit of a neat freak so I often lament how the fur seems to fly around our house.

When we saw this model of vacuum at the store, it immediately stood out to us. It was priced so reasonably, it was bagless which saves me the hassle of having to stock up on bags, and it had some really neat attachments. We have been using it for four months now and we are VERY pleased with it overall. If is light and easy to get around the house. The duster/duster cleaner feature is one my husband loves... a boy and his toys kind of thing. The suction is very powerful and I am able to de-fur everything from our couch to the hardwood floors to the slate kitchen floor to the lampshades.

The only disappointment for us was the pet-paw attachment. It worked wonderfully for the first two weeks, but the longer fur of our golden retriever jams up the spinning component in the attachment rendering it useless. So we now just use the regular brush attachment and it works very well, but not quite as well as the pet-paw did. All in all, I highly recommend this vacuum. We now have a virtually fur-free house with much less effort expended than before we brought this machine home!

I wish I never bought this Eureka Pet Pal vacuum.

I purchased this vacuum because I have a dog that sheds quite a bit and the packaging and price were very appealing.  This wonderful piece of machinery seemed like it was a great buy when I first plugged it in and started using it.

I started in my den - awesome!  The pet hair was coming off the carpet exactly as advertised. I'm thinking "Sweet!  And it was cheap too!"  Then it came time to empty the cannister and I discovered the first design flaw.  Sure, the cannister opens on the bottom so the dust and dirt falls right out into the trash can.  Problem is, dog hair doesn't just fall out - I had to use my hand to empty the dog hair out of the cannister.  Not just dog hair, but dirty, dusty, nasty dog hair that's been through a vacuum cleaner.  Disgusting.

Next came the living room.  I got about a third of the way through my living room when I noticed the hair wasn't coming up quite as well as a few minutes ago.  Uh oh.  Then the 25 ft. cord limitation became an annoyance.  A couple of minutes later, the vacuum started smoking and a nasty burning smell (rubber?) permeated my house.

This vacuum lasted approximately 15 minutes before it broke.

DON'T BUY THIS PIECE O JUNK.

Disappointing pet owner

from Palermo, ME

Comments about Eureka Pet Pal Bagless Vacuum:

I got this vacuum because our others were clogging due to the pet hair. Well this one did not turn out to be any better.

Maneuverability
My eight year old could vacuum with it.

Ease of Maintenance
There wasn't much to it.

Suction Performance
I was upset that the suction was not as powerful as I had wished and it plugged up with pet hair.

Versatility
It is a basic vacuum. Not really easy on stairs.

It was light weight and had a sleek design.

Other than the lack of suction it worked pretty good.

• Versatility:

This product doesn't suck, which is not a good thing.

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Eureka Pet Pal Bagless Vacuum:

Vacuums are supposed to suck. They are, after all, vacuums and that is the definition of a vacuum, a thing that sucks, right? Well, this vacuum does not suck. Not even the smallest thread, dust bunny or a cat whisker. We bought this vacuum because we have two cats and they live inside all the time, so all their hair is shed. We also have long haired girls in the house, who shed. So our floors have a lot of hairs plus the usual dirt and crumbs and whatnot. This vacuum just never got the floors clean. Not only that, but the thing died after about a year of use. It was a total waste of money. Not only that, but it was hard to get the collection canister out of the holster and the unit is very heavy. It doesn't have much clearance and the suction can barely collect a speck of dust. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

• Versatility:

Eureka Pet Pal vacuum sucks, just not literally!

from Piedmont, NC

Comments about Eureka Pet Pal Bagless Vacuum:

We bought this vacuum several months ago, attracted to it because of the price and it is supposed to "perfect for pets". We have 4 cats. At first, we were pleased. The attachments worked well to clean dust and pet hair off furniture. I cleaned the couch and love seat but by the time I got to the chair, the hose was clogged. We had to take it apart and remove the hair ball. This seemed to be a problem with the brush so we seldom used it. The vacuum itself worked fine the first couple of times we used it. Then the suction died. It absolutely would not pick up anything and when we turned it off, a clump of cat hair and litter fell out the bottom. We checked the hose and found a wad of hair. After that, it worked fine. The next time we used it, same thing. No suction and stuff falling out the bottom. Taking the hose off revealed a massive hair clog. This happens everytime we use it. There are times when the floor actually looks worse after we vacuum. Bottom line, in my opinion this vacuum may work well if you have one or two pets and not a lot of shedding. It gets clogged way too easily to be useful for multi-pet households. It has never worked well with litter so I wouldn't recommend it for cat owners period. So the claim that it is made for pet owners, leads me to give it a poor rating. Don't be fooled by the attractive price and attachments. Spending a little extra money on a better quality vacuum will be worth it in the long run.

• Versatility:

It gets the hair up,but is it worth the trouble?

from Williams, OR

Comments about Eureka Pet Pal Bagless Vacuum:

Let me start but saying I have four  dogs, which are mostly indoors. My last vacuum was a Eureka Boss and I loved it, but over the years it had lost suction. I decided to get a Eureka pet pal ( I loved the purple color). The price was good, when I got it home and started using it I could not believe all the pet hair that it was picking up since I just vacuumed really well the day before with my old Eureka. I must have emptied the bagless container about 10 times, granted I do have a large house with a lot of carpet even in the bathroom. Good thing I wasn't paying for bags. I fell the Eureka pet pal vacuume cleaner works great at picking up pet hair but the down fall is that it is very high maintenance. Besides the Hepa filter there are three filters that need cleaning every other time I use it, plus the roller needs cleaning regularly. It's a great Pet vacuume and I love the design and color, but if you are not willing or do not want to clean the filters regularly, don't buy this vacuume. I guess one way to look at all the cleaning of filters is that you are not spending money on the bags.

Highly Disappointed in this Vacuum!

from Gloversville, NY

Comments about Eureka Pet Pal Bagless Vacuum:

We have two cats and a Golden Retriever. Anyone who owns a Golden Retriever knows that along with them being an awesome family pet, you have to deal with A LOT of long doggie hair, and therefore you need a good vacuum!

We purchased this vacuum less than a year ago and we are highly disappointed with it.

First off, the washable filter system is very hard to clean because the small removable filter in the top has slats that are very close together and I have to "dig" the dust etc out of it with a knife in order to clean it. On top of that, once you rinse it, it takes almost 48 hours to air dry. (In the mean time you can't use your vacuum) Then, there is a large plastic filter at the top which cannot be removed, but all of the pet hair etc gets wound around it and once again, out comes the kitchen knife where I have to try and get in there through the bottom of the canister or through the top of the vacuum to cut the mess and dump it out of the bottom.

And let's talk about the canister itself. It empties by unlatching the bottom. Great right? Well...the dumb thing COMES UNLATCHED when you go to remove it from the vacuum, dumping the contentes all over the vacuum and my freshly vacuumed floors!

Finally, there's the hose attachment. Awkward, awkward, awkward! And it has broken several times! The hose keeps falling out of the plastic connecter that you stick your attachments to. Then part of the hose actually broke off! Now we have it all taped up just so we can use it until we can buy a new vacuum!

I don't think I'll ever buy a Eureka again based on this piece of junk!

My Dyson DC07 Animal Vacuum seems to be everlasting.

from Bountiful, UT

Comments about Eureka Pet Pal Bagless Vacuum:

I am so glad I bought my /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

Dyson DC07 Animal Vacuum in 2007.

This vacuum has lasted me longer than any vacuum I have ever had.   I have 7 children and many grand chidren, and we have gone through dozens of vacuums.   The Dyson has no belts that over heat and break, and I have saved a bundle  by not having to  buy replacement bags.   It  is so nice to simply empty the canister--and it is ready to go again. I don't worry about little rocks or metal things getting stuck in the belt, or cloth bags that wear out and emit dust.

The only thing I don't like  about this vacuum is the noise it makes when I vacuum a throw rug and the suction is broken,(or something), and it really screams.

But I love everything else about it--right down to the strong cord that doesn't tangle or wear out when I run over it.  Oh, and I enjoy having the attatchments right there anytime I want to use them.   It is so easy to do this.

I have never taken it in for repairs because it seems to be everlasting.

Jane

You get what you pay for

from Hobart, IN

Comments about Eureka Pet Pal Bagless Vacuum:

The reason I bought this vacuum was because I felt that it was reasonably priced. Well, I guess you really do get what you pay for. Often times after I have finished using the vacuum, I will notice areas on the floor that look like they haven't even been vacuumed. If I walk across the floor with bare feet after I have finished vacuuming, the floor does not feel like it is totally clean underneath my feet. I feel like this vacuum does not do a good job of picking up all the dirt. It only seems to pick up fuzz, lint and light dirt. It does not pick up heavier dirt or small gravel pieces by the doorway that came off of our shoes. I will say that it does seem to do an okay job of picking up hair, which is the only reason I gave it any stars at all. Overall, I am not sitisfied with this vacuum, and I would not recommend it to others. I have only had it for a few months, but I think it is already time to go shopping for a new one. Maybe this time, I will suck it up and spend the extra money for something that actually does what it is supposed to.

Eureka Pet Pal is GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Eureka Pet Pal Bagless Vacuum:

This eureka pat pal is a bunch of junk.  It worked good the first couple of times and now the dirt don't go in the dust cup the only way to empty it is get the stuff out of the tube.  I have never seen something so cheap.  They keep sending stuff over from china and making stuff more and more cheaper as time goes by.  I will never buy another eureka again in my life!

good at first, junk at last

from Hanford, CA

Comments about Eureka Pet Pal Bagless Vacuum:

i bought this vacuum last year and i thought it was the best vacuum ever. then the sad realization set in that it is by far the worst vacuum i have ever owned. the vacuum has great suction, but the dust or carpet fibers would clog  the vacuum and stuff would fall out to the floor. the pet attachment is worthless i would try  to clean up my sofas and the pet attachment would stop spinning and no fur would suck up. the last straw for me on this hunk of junk is i bought a new filter now the vacuum is so unbearably loud i hate to use it plus now all kinds of air blows  out so powerfully the curtains 7 feet away get tossed around and my tables get a coating of dust. and just today the vacuum is smoking after  use the belt is fine, the smoke is coming from where the vent is. who knows.

Don't waste your time or money on this awful item!

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Eureka Pet Pal Bagless Vacuum:

I thought I would be getting a great deal for the Pet Pal Bagless Vacuume. All of the features sounded great and when you have a house with two dogs, two birds, rats and two kittens you need a good "pet friendly" vacuume cleaner. I maybe got a dozen uses of of the thing. The hose clogs easily so you have to take it apart multiple times during a single vacuuming.The process goes: Vaccume, get a clog, take the hose out of the receiver, get filthy from the vacuume dust, get your floors covered in black smudges from the vacuume dust, get the clog out, try again, curse when nothing is picked up and now dust is flying in the air. If I somehow still had the box and/or receipt from this POS I would bring it back. I will never, ever, buy a Eureka anything ever again.