Other Vacuums:
4700D

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Works well, bagless is a pleasure

The best featrure is that it is bagless.The convenience of not having to buy and change bags is the best part of this vaccuum. The suction hose works surprisingly well and I like that it is attached to the vacuum and right there when I need it. Overall the vacuum works well but the hand tool is necessary for along the baseboards and for spills of fine powdery items like baby powder, flour spills. Easy to use, not very heavy and strong amp power to handle all but the unusual mess.

Maneuverability
The front of the vacuum is low enough that it fits well to get under furniture such as chairs and easy to push when running. The handle lowers quite a bit to help reach under the furniture however it is a bit encumbered by the tool accessory pack. Works on floors and carpets.

Ease of Maintenance
Emptying the container is simple and much better than dealing with bags that most vacuums have that rip or if not put on just perfect gets dust all over the inside of the vacuum.

Suction Performance
For must uses it picks up everything as I expected. However, I did spill some baby powder and I had to use the hand suction tool to get it all up.

Versatility
Acessory hand tools are on the vacuum making it convenient to do baseboard and sofa cushions as I move through the room. The hand suction tools, including a crevice tool and upholstery brush, works great as far as versitility and convenience but also makes it bulkier to pull. It also includdes an extra long wand making it easy to get hard to reach areas and higher areas such as wall vents.

The bagless design is the best part as it is so easy to open and dispose of dust. Great not to have to wonder if the bag is full because there is no bag. It weighs about 14 pounds so it is convenient to carry around. Hand accessories are attached to the vacuum so that it is there when you need it. The cord is about 25 feet so it is long enough to do alot of vacuuming without needing to unplug and replug which adds to its great design and convenience factor.

Durable and well made, it is a quality machine for a good price.

Average product

I have used Eureka LightSpeed Bagless Vacuum 4700 for some time and I would say it has its good points but is an average product overall.

First the pros: This particular...Read complete review

First the pros: This particular vacuum is ideal for cleaning narrow and cluttered areas. It is very easy to maneuver and light enough to carry up and down the stairs. It has an easy to employ dust cup so you don't need to purchase vacuum cleaner bags. The filter is washable and can be easily cleaned. It has a compact design that allows easy storage and portability.

Now the cons: The hair (human and pet) gets stuck and tangled in the brush and is very difficult to clean. It does not have a HEPA filter and the handle is non adjustable so it can't be moved as per your height preference. It is definitely not recommended for hard wood or ceramic floor clean up. May be that is because of the design or the position of the exhaust vents but it is useless on hard wood or ceramic floors. The cord cannot be retracted automatically like in other available models. I had purchased this without checking any online reviews and it was a mistake.

I couldn't live without this machine....

from Warren, OH

Comments about Eureka LightSpeed Bagless Vacuum:

This vacuum sucks up EVERYTHING. Before you vacuum you should get all cords and anything you don't want sucked up out of the way(I've learned from experience). Because it does have A LOT of sucking power.

Maneuverability
I will admit it is hard to get under some pieces of furniture and will go under a bed so far. in all it is a very good vacymn.

Ease of Maintenance
I usually empty my bag less container at least twice a week plus wash it out about the same amount of time. I just clean my filter once a week by running it under very warm water and using my hands to separate the the threads. They sell refills at WalMart,for not too much money.

Suction Performance
Excellent. Like I said earlier move cords,etc, that you don't want sucked up cause this vacuum will suck it up.

The only complaint I have is they could have designed the container of dust you have to empty.

I don't know how many times I have banged this or accidentally dropped it and it still worked. And no dents or marks on it.

Comments about Eureka LightSpeed Bagless Vacuum:

I have had many vacuums and this is the worse one I have ever owned. It downs vacuum good at all no matter what setting you have it on. It has high setting to low setting and three settings inbetween. It is a 12 amps powered vacuum, maybe that is why it is useless. I've had an Eureka vacuum cleaner before that I really liked that's why I am so disappointed in this one. Had my other one for over twenty years til the motor went. By the size of this vacuum, you would think it would be easy to push wrong, it isn't. It comes with a crevice tool and extension wand, dusting brush and a turbo nozzle and stair hose. I only had it for a few months and the U belt came off twice. I haven't even bothered to try the other attachments. I just bought a new and better vacuum. I'm just waiting to toss this one. It didn't cost much but it still should have worked. Didn't work since first use. I should have took it back and got money back but never got around to it. Only good thing about it is that it is bagless and is easy to clean the canister. Just remove canister from vacuum and shake it into the trash. That is the one and only good things about this vacuum.

• Versatility:

Don't waste your money here.

Comments about Eureka LightSpeed Bagless Vacuum:

First of all, when putting it together, it had the wrong size part and had to wait 2 weeks to get a new one from the factory. Only to find that this vacuum roars. It is the loudest vacuum I've ever heard. Okay, it picks up the dirt, but I find myself avoiding it because of it's noise.

Fine here

Ease of Maintenance
Very hard to take the lid off the container. There is a flap at the bottom that falls down but to clean it well it comes apart at the top and it's very hard to open up.

Does well here.

Versatility
Not enough hose attachments and my other hoses from old vacuums don't fit it.

Nice looking

It's still holding up well.

Excellent low priced vacuum

Comments about Eureka LightSpeed Bagless Vacuum:

This small lightweight vacuum allows one to get almost anywhere. The attachments allow for cleaning in the smallest area. The vacuum portion itself has an excellent amount of suction, just make sure the bagless portion is lined up correctly.
It would be nice to have a positive lock mechanism to keep the vacuum upright when not in use, the current positive lock could give out over time.

Maneuverability
The vacuum is light enough to be lifted and carried almost anywhere. The handle allows one to tote it along while using the suction attachment for corners.

Ease of Maintenance
The bagless feature simply requires emptying of the canister

Suction Performance
For the cost, I was expecting less suction, but there has been more than enough.

Versatility
The several attachments included allows one to get in the corners and on furniture

If there was a positive locking mechanism to hold the vacuum upright, it would be very nice indeed. I foresee this being a problem as the vacuum ages.

The plastic parts feels cheap. I don't want to know what might happen if it would be dropped.

not that great

Comments about Eureka LightSpeed Bagless Vacuum:

I expected more since this is made by eureka as I have had them before. However,this vacuum does not pick up dirt unless you vacuum extremely slowly over and over the same spot. Also, the hose extension stopped working after only 4 times of using it. I suppose you get what you pay for. The only upside to this particular vacuum is the washable filter. But overall, I am extremely disappointed in this purchase and will not be buying another one in the future.

good vacuum.

Comments about Eureka LightSpeed Bagless Vacuum:

This is a really good vacuum. It is very easy to move. You can definitely feel the "help" it gives you while you are pushing it.So far I have had no problems with it. I love the fact that the filters are all washable. But the best part about this vacuum is that the canister that collects the dirt opens from the bottom , this way you can take the canister right over the trash bin & release. No dumping so dust flies every where. I really love that part.!

• Versatility:

Do NOT buy this crappy vacuum!!

Comments about Eureka LightSpeed Bagless Vacuum:

This has got to be the WORST vacuum ever made! I seriously have had it for two months and it already doesn't suck anything up!! Like literally I will go over the smallest piece of paper 20 times and guess what....the paper is still there. And forget about ever vacuuming up dog hair! I guess that it's true you get what you pay for because I could get down on my knees and pick up faster/better than this vacuum could ever do!

Maneuverability
Oh yeah it moves around okay but doesn't work at all!

Ease of Maintenance
No it is not easy maintenance. It doesn't work at all and I have no idea where to even begin to figure out what is wrong with it.

Suction Performance
It totally sucks, not in a good way! It seriously worked good for the first TWO times I used it, then it never sucked up anything! I have tried cleaning it out and even and went and bought replacement parts thinking that would help but, NOPE.

The design is okay.

Obviously the durability is awful. I have no idea why it stopped working and I have no idea how to fix it. I will just be taking it to the dump or letting someone have it for free to see if they can fix it. I will never buy Eureka again....ever!

Average product

• Versatility:

Great for waking up the neighbors!!

from Louisiana

Comments about Eureka LightSpeed Bagless Vacuum:

I currently use the Eureka Light Speed Bagless Vacuum and I am not impressed. I don't have enough money to buy a new vacuum cleaner, but when I do I will definitely be buying a new one. I've had this one since the beginning of the year. The biggest complaint about the vacuum is that it is incredibly noisy. When I first turned it on I nearly had a heart attack it was so loud. It honestly sounds like the nuclear warning noise glaring warning for everyone to leave the town. I have gotten used to the noise though. Other complaints I have about the product is that it gets overheated rather quickly. I have a cat that sheds so I need a durable vacuum that picks u lots of cat hair. Apparently this vacuum doesn't do so well with that. I have to empty it often and watch so it doesn't get overheated. Sometimes the vacuum even spits stuff back out. I am not sure why. I should have just returned the thing, but I didn't. Probably the only feature I like about this vacuum is that it is lightweight. This is the lightest feeling vacuum cleaner I've ever owned, but sadly that does not compensate for the other features it lacks. If you can't afford a vacuum, this one is at least better than nothing, but I'd try to find something else.

• Versatility:

Lightweight, yes, but not great

Comments about Eureka LightSpeed Bagless Vacuum:

I bought this vacuum cleaner to use in my business because I didn't want to buy a super expensive one just to use at work, but boy was that a mistake. I have to use this piece of junk day in and day out, now, and it has constant problems. It overheats easily and starts making a weird smell that makes me feel kind of sick, and sometimes it will just turn off on its own, once it heats up. I do like that it is very lightweight and can be carried around or transported in and out of a vehicle without much fuss, and when it is working, it does an all right job of sucking up the dirt and dust, but I can't say that my experience with this vacuum cleaner has made me think very highly of Eureka as a brand. I am going to try to get a little bit more use out of it before I replace it, but I really can't wait until I pick out a vacuum that is a little higher quality and more reliable, not to mention quieter and more efficient.