Other Baby Formulas:

Enfamil Premium Ready-To-Use Infant Formula

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Preparation:

Second best choice to breastmilk

When my daughter was born I made the decision to breastfeed, but actually ending up being an exclusively pumping mama.  Not what I planned, but it worked for us.  After about 6 months my supply started decreasing and I had no choice but to supplement.  I consulted with our pediatrician who recommended Enfamil, by saying it was the closet in constitution to breastmilk.  I chose the ready to use 8 oz. cans because it was already mixed so there would be no mess.  I only needed to supplement 3-4 oz. a day so one can would last me one and a half days.  My daughter was a bit constipated at first, which the doctor said was completely normal.  I simply increased her fruits, especially pears and she adjusted in a day or two.

Enfamil is a brand that I have grown to trust and love.  The ready to use cans are convenient, easy to use and affordable when compared to other brands.  My daughter always enjoyed the formula.

Overpriced

I know people will pay a lot for convenience, but this is ridiculous.  This feeds my baby a couple of bottles but costs half as much as full canister of generic brand formula.  Is it really that hard to measure water and scoops of formula?  And is it really worth that much more simply because the company added the water for you?

I've tried this product a few times, not because I'm obsessed with convenience or am challenged by simple math.  I had a great coupon that basically made this pre-mixed formula free, so I thought I'd add it to the pantry for those times when I'm running low and don't want to have to run to the store.

My biggest beef, besides the ridiculous price, is that it's not actually that convenient.  Imagine:  you're on the go, stuck in traffic, and you can't measure formula.  OR it's the end of the world and you don't have a quality water source.  Or you're camping and it's the middle of the night and you think, hey, I'll just whip out that convenient can of formula and I'm good to go.

And then you pull the can opener out of your purse.... oh wait. How convenient is something that needs a can opener?  It sends you right back to the Middle Ages, when people had to measure their formula in little scoops.

If Campbell's soup can make convenient little pop tops for their cans, why can't formula companies?  I mean, i the issue here truly were about the convenience.

Overall, I'd never pay for this product. If they give it to me through coupons, fine.  I'll take it.  But seriously, it's a huge rip-off.

Ease of Preparation
Opening a can of pre-made formula is simply not convenient. I'm surprised someone came up with this concept and more surprised that people regularly buy it.

Ready to use!

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Enfamil Premium Ready-To-Use Infant Formula:

During the first busy weeks after having my son, I used Enfamil premium ready to use infant formula! It offers the same great nutrition of Enfamil premium powder so I knew my newborn was getting all of the vitamins he needed.
This formula is really easy to use, you just open the can and pour it into the bottle and it's ready to drink. The only negative is that after you open the can it requires refrigeration and so the second use is not as convenient when you have to take the time to heat up the bottle! I also would have liked the can to be more resealable. The top of the can sits on top in the fridge nicely but it's not sealed on which I would have liked.
Although the ready to use formula is more expensive to use then the powder version, it's great if you have a newborn or not a lot of time to mix bottles or just don't want to deal with the potential mess and formula scoop measuring. I think this Enfamil ready to use formula would be great for working mothers!

• Ease of Preparation:

Peace of mind in an emergency

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Enfamil Premium Ready-To-Use Infant Formula:

My daughter is breastfed. So imagine my horror when, on the day we were planning to drive three hours home after house sitting for a friend so I had no breastmilk banked, I was admitted into the emergency room. I was bent over in pain from serious kidney stones and the drugs and tests needed for my treatment required a 24 hour period of pumping and dumping. No breastfeeding whatsoever. Thanks to the rampant H1N1 flu outbreak, I couldn't even have my new baby in the hospital with me. I love my husband, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't stress me out that he was alone caring for our four-year-old, two-year-old and the new baby. Not to mention that our little daughter had never tasted anything but breastmilk. Ever. My only relief was that my two older children had never been able to breastfeed and both did great on Enfamil. Knowing that my husband had pre-made ready-to-serve Enfamil let me rest at ease and deal with my own treatment. This stuff was a Godsend. I'm happy to report that although our daughter wasn't readily happy about getting formula, she did eventually accept it and did perfectly well on it. Minimal gas and spit-up, which is impressive for a baby who had never touched the stuff before. All in all, this stuff is great in a pinch.

• Ease of Preparation:

Only slightly more convenient than powder

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Enfamil Premium Ready-To-Use Infant Formula:

We bought some ready-to-feed formula because it was on sale for the same price as powder so we decided to try it. It was really only slightly more convenient than using powder formula, if any. Once you open the can, you have to use it all within a short time frame, so there is that to keep track of. You also have to store it in the fridge once it is opened, meaning you have to warm up a bottle each time (you can't warm formula in the microwave-we ended up keeping a miniature crockpot filled with hot water and using that to warm the bottles-it worked really well). My son has his formula at room temperature so having to warm it to room temperature was a pain. It's nice that you don't have to shake it a lot like you do the powder, and my son did seem like he digested it a little bit better than the powder that you mix with water. We have never bought it again and decided to stick with the powder

Not good

from CA

Comments about Enfamil Premium Ready-To-Use Infant Formula:

I received a sample of this formula from Enfamil and I am soo glad that I did not pay for it with my own money because my baby did not like it at all. When you pour it, it looks darker, almost like chocolate milk. My baby did not even want to drink his bottle if this was in it, so I had to dump it in the sink and make a new bottle with regular Enfamil powdered formula. The only positive is that it is convenient, since it's already pre-mixed and ready to go, but it is also more expensive than regular tubs of powder formula, and if your baby doesn't want to drink it then what's the point of buying it? I have tried a different brand of pre-made ready-to-use formula, and my baby liked that one, so I'm guessing that this one doesn't even taste good at all. I also have a family member who said that their baby did not like this product either, so I know it's not just my baby. I ended up giving away my free samples to someone because I knew that I would never use them.

Overpriced

from Caldwell, ID

Ease of Preparation

Easy to Use Indeed!

from Madison, WI

Comments about Enfamil Premium Ready-To-Use Infant Formula:

I love these ready-to-feed liquid formula provided by Enfamil. Well, Enfamil is always my top-picking brand of infant formula, especially when I have valuable coupons and formula checks to make it a good deal. I came home with my newborn baby hoping that I was able to exclusively breastfeed him. however, it turned out that my milk did not come until several days after we arrived home. it was a heartbreaking experience to watch my adorable newborn starving at no breastmilk. and as a new mom, i was too exhausted from labor and too busy to prepare powder formula for my baby as he needs to be nursed so frequently! These ready-to-feed formula saved my life! and my sone definitely loved them. I also purchased some 2-oz bottles since my newborn cannot take 8-oz all at one time.

These Ready to go Bottles are amazing!

from Nocona, TX

Comments about Enfamil Premium Ready-To-Use Infant Formula:

I had first heard about the ready to use bottles from my mom when she had told me that that was what she used on me when I was a baby. I loved these ready to go bottles. It was so hard for me to be able to get formula and water out at certain places. I was always making a mess then I would have to stop to clean it up. Most of the time I was always in a hurry and couldnt stop so it would dry up in the car and would stink and When I started using these bottles it seemed like it had lifted alot of weight off my shoulders on having to remember everything. It seemed to have worked better on my babies stomach to. He was constantly throwing up because sometimes the powder would not mix right or there would be to cold of water. Im all I would say that this product is the best that I have ever tried. Its so Convinient, and easy to use. I have recommended it to just about all of my friends and I think every single one of them have used it.

Enfamil Premium Ready to use 8-ounce / 4-Pack is great to have

from Wellborn, FL

Comments about Enfamil Premium Ready-To-Use Infant Formula:

I really appreciate being able to carry these in the diaper bag! no worries about mixing or spoilage of self mixed formula. just toss them in there and you're good to go! plus since it's already mixed you know without a doubt your baby is getting the nutrition they need.

I got samples of these from the hospital and they were a life-saver in the beginning when breast feeding just wasn't working out for us.

not too convinient

from La Crescenta, CA

Comments about Enfamil Premium Ready-To-Use Infant Formula:

I feed my son enfamil and I got these as samples from pediatrician. They're good content wise but not as convinient as similac 8oz which comes in bottle shape and can put the nipple on the bottle.

Pros: they're already mixed so you can serve it right away.

Cons: Enfamil is soda can type of container which needs to be poured in a separate bottle before serving which I find inconvinient when on the go, especially in a moving vehicle or when you are out and about and your baby's screaming his head off to feed him.

Alternative: Similac 8oz bottles which comes nipple ready.

If you don't mind pouring into a bottle on the go and have a very steady hand and your baby don't mind switching from other formula to similac, then this is for you. If you want convinience of serving the formula quickly without having to carry a separate bottle for you to pour into before serving it your baby, then go with similac 8oz bottles which I find to be much more convinient

Ready to Use Enfamil Premium

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Enfamil Premium Ready-To-Use Infant Formula:

Although being a full-time breastfeeding mother, there have been times where breastfeeding was not possible.  Luckily we had this ready to use formula on hand to keep my son happy.  The bottle design makes them easy to carry, and simple to use.  Just screw on a nipple top and the feeding is made easy.  The formula is just enough to fill him up and relieve our stress.  There is little mess, no mixing and pouring required, and best of all, no bottles to pack up and wash.