Other Baby Formulas:

Enfamil Premium Infant Formula

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Preparation:

Great formula for infant nutrition

I used Enfamil with my first child, she is now three, and I liked it a lot.  I decided to use this brand because my pediatrician recommended it above other brands.  I had planned on breast feeding but I had a really hard time and ended up unable to keep up with my daughter's demands.  The second time around I had more realistic expectations and I knew from the very begining I was not going to be able to breast feed for more than a few weeks.  A few weeks before my due date I started stcking up on formula.  With my new daughter, who is now four months old, I am using the Enfamil Premium.  I love it a lot.  It mixes well and comes in several different sizes, including travel pouches that are pre-packaged and easy to grab and go.  My daughter has done well with this formula and I have not had any problems with spitting up, acid reflux, or gassiness.  The regular lipil formula caused some concerns with constipation with my oldest daughter.  I tried other options but had similar problems and she had fewer problems with the Enfamil.  I know there are moms who say that the store brands are the same but I could always tell the difference when comparing them with the Enfamil.   When comparing labels between regular and premium there are only a few minor differences but it is worth it to me to pay a bit more to avoid the potty problems that come with the regular formula.  I have also tried the pre-mixed liquid formula made by Enfamil but I found it to be thick and it caused my daughter to spit up a lot more.  This was frustrating because the liquid is also darker and seems to be more difficult to wash out, resulting in some stained clothing.  As a result I prefer to use the powder versus the liquid.  The powder is also less expensive.  One of the good things about Enfamil is that you can sign up for their rewards program and there is the potential to earn prizes and they send lots of coupons!

Smells and taste awful.

The enfamil with iron LIPIL taste awful and smells just as bad. Can we not do anything about the taste of this stuff. I gave it to my daughter a couple times and she threw it up every time. This is not something I'm going to buy again. I also don't like how they compare themselves to breastmilk when clearly there is so much lacking in formula that the two aren't even in the same catagory, let alone the same book. I think the can design needs to be more recyclable friendly. This stuff constipates my baby up bad. I think they need to work on the constipation, flavor, and texture factor of this product. The texture is so thick and gooey. It would gag me to peices if I had to drink this stuff. I know it sounds harsh but it seems more of a punishment then a food for my little girl. I can not feed her this stuff anymore. I know formula has come far over the decades but it still really needs to come a lot farther. Companies like Enfamil make billions in profit, you think they could do a little better then this stuff.

Love Enfamil Infant!

from CT

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Keeps Well
  • Mixes Easily

Cons

• Stains

• Infants

Comments about Enfamil Premium Infant Formula:

Since my son was a month old I have been using Enfamil Infant and yet to encounter any issues. The powder works best for me but have also tried the concentrated liquid which is ready to feed. If you have a baby I highly recommend Enfamil.

Great formula to transition from breastfeeding.

Comments about Enfamil Premium Infant Formula:

No formula can beat breastfeeding, but this one isn't bad. I didn't know where to start when looking at formulas for my 6-month-old; Enfamil Premium was recommended to me by my pediatrician. My son never rejected it, and segued into it without a problem. It offers all of the key nutrients that a baby needs, while trying to mimic breast milk. It dissolves quickly and thoroughly in water, making it fairly easy to prepare. I frequently receive coupons/checks and samples from Enfamil, so I feel that they're really looking out for my baby and me. While I purchase the basic, Premium variety, Enfamil offers many other varieties for babies' different digestive systems.

About the pricing: formula gets pricy in a hurry. Some of the local grocery stores in my area offer sales on purchases of two or more. The best consistent deal that I've found so far is the 2-pack canisters from diapers.com (each canister is 27 ounces). My best advice is to keep your eyes peeled! The sales are out there!

• Ease of Preparation:

Not a fan of this formula.

Profile Image

from Florida

Comments about Enfamil Premium Infant Formula:

I'm not sure what it is about Enfamil Premium Infant Formula, but it did not agree with my newborn. I had been told that it would be one of the best ones to feed my newborn since I was unable to breastfeed, so I bought some of it and tried it out.

The outcome was not so great. My little one didn't even make it ten minutes after feeding before they were spitting all of it back up. The first time it happened I thought maybe she had just eaten too fast, she has a tendency to do that. The next time I fed her with it, I burped her more frequently during the feeding, and made sure she took breaks while taking her bottle. The same thing happened for the next bottle. So we had to switch.

The smell of this formula is also kinda gnarly. I have experience with just about every kind and variation of baby formula, but this one takes the cake in gnarly smells.

It didn't mix very well. It came out clumpy, and I shook it pretty darn good too.

The price was pretty steep for a product that I didn't have a good outcome with.

I am sad to say, I would not recommend this.

Preferred Brand and Great Customer Service

Comments about Enfamil Premium Infant Formula:

This formula was easy to mix and easily digested by my baby. I called the company several times and received great customer service. I enrolled in their loyalty program and was allowed to call the company once a month to get a coupon. Combining store sales and the company's coupon, this product ended up being about the same price as generics. I also called about a couple questions regarding the next stage formula and was given lots of helpful information in a friendly matter.

Easily Digested
My baby seemed to digest this easily, with only minimal gas.

Ease of Preparation
The only complaint I have is with the refills that come in foil packages that you are supposed to empty into the plastic container. I did this several times in hopes of saving money but I found that a lot of powder ended up stuck in the folds of the foil package. Otherwise, the powder seemed easier to mix than other brands and didn't require too much shaking.

• Ease of Preparation:

the only formula I used and I will always use it for my next kid

Comments about Enfamil Premium Infant Formula:

I never used any other formula but this Enfamil premium infant formula. My son wasn't latching to my breast so I had no choice but to use formula. I remember in the hospital they gave me these and ever since then I always used them. This formula was easy to use, I just added water and added the scoops and I shook and he was ready to eat. I remember always waking up in the middle of night I had the water ready in his bottle and all I had to do was add the formula and shake and he ate. It was really easy for me to make and it was great for my little one. They always got him full and they never made him gassy. My son was never a fussy baby and he digested these well. His stool was normal I never had a problem with this formula. It has a lot of vitamins and iron in it to help keep my son healthy. Every doctor visit he had they always told me he was a very healthy baby who is doing really good. I would definitely use this formula on my next child and I recommend it to any mother out there.

• Ease of Preparation:

Enfamil Infant Formula really upsets my baby's stomache.

Comments about Enfamil Premium Infant Formula:

I was feeding my baby girl this formula for awhile and I noticed she spit up a lot. She is my first baby so I thought it was normal for babies to always spit up. She would go number 2 like 8 times a day and continue to spit up and then would projectile vomit more often. I was beginning to get concerned and I felt bad for her because she would cry as if her stomach hurt her. So my mother-in-law suggested Gerber Goodstart gentle formula. I tried it out and after I switched my daughter to that formula, she stopped spitting up so much, went number 2 less, and started gaining weight since her body was actually keeping the formula in.

Easily Digested
It always gave my baby an upset stomach and made her vomit so she wasn't gaining weight because of the fact that her formula was always coming back up.

Ease of Preparation
This the only good thing about it. Preparing a bottle is simple anyway no matter what brand of formula you are using for your child.

Enfamil premium

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Enfamil Premium Infant Formula:

I was unable to breast feed with my son after having problems with my emergency c-section, so I used Enfamil premium infant formula from the time my son was a newborn until he was a year old. Although this is one of the more expensive infant formulas, I feel like it offers the best nutrition that most closely matches the nutrition found in breast milk. The hospital where I had my son started him out on Enfamil premium in the yellow containers and he thrived on it so we stuck with this formula and he continued to grow and develop really well and I always felt confident that he was getting enough nutrition with Enfamil premium formula!
It is very easy to use. Just put the correct number of scoops into the correct number of ounces of water and shake the bottle til it's well mixed! It didn't leave a huge sticky mess or anything like that.
Would definitely recommend Enfamil premium formula for bottle fed infants!

A wonderful product!

Comments about Enfamil Premium Infant Formula:

When I had my son, I breast-fed for a while then switched to formula (it's tiring!). The hospital had given us those little bottles that are pre-mixed so I had those on hand and used them. If my memory serves me, we started out with a different kind at first and switched to this kind on a doctor's referral. (Well, he actually had samples.). Meanwhile, and we all know how this goes, we ran out and had some mailed samples of a different brand and used them for the evening, which turned out to be not a good idea. Even though it was mixed, trying to "ween" him, I reccollect spending most of that night with the baby being super sick, and of course, me having a lot of guilt. Needless to say, we kept him on this particular Enfamil and he did great! No issues at all.

Easily Digested
My son never had any issues at all.

Ease of Preparation
Obviously getting up in the middle of the night and mixing up formula powder is not as easy as those nice pre-mixed bottles, but it does save a lot of money!

• Ease of Preparation:

Pretty good for baby formula.

Comments about Enfamil Premium Infant Formula:

Let me start by saying when it comes to baby formula I am somewhat critical. I did my best to breastfeed my babies for as long as I possibly could. My first born was nursed for nine months. When it was time to switch her to formula it was a very difficult process. Every formula that I tried gave her severe tummy issues. I switched three or four different times. This formula was the easiest on her little tummy. My poor baby struggled the entire time she was on formula but at least with this one she could tolerate the discomfort, and she loved the taste.

Easily Digested
My little one did continue to have tummy issues even after she had this formula, however she was obviously able to digest it a little better because she tolerated this one best.

Ease of Preparation
Preparation is very easy. Simply mix the appropriate amount of the formula in water and shake. It even comes with the pre measured scoop. It was very easy to use.

• Ease of Preparation:

Only good things to say.

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Enfamil Premium Infant Formula:

Obviously I'd prefer to breastfeed but my second son, despite my best efforts and those of multiple specialists and support groups, absolutely refused to latch on. This formula was my lifesaver. Easy to mix, nourishing to my child but unfortunately expensive. My little guy never had issues digesting it. No spit up or colic. Being my second kid, I rarely even heated the formula before feedings and he still had no troubles drinking it down. Besides the ridiculously high price, my only real complainy is that the plastics used in the packaging of the formula is not BPA-free. I contacted the Enfamil customer service department about it and all they could say is that they hoped to use BPA-free plastic sometime in the future. Also, read the expiration date before using the product. Several times I forgot to do so, got home and realized my error when I had a screaming baby and was opening a fresh container of formula in the middle of the night. That tops my list of least-fun grocery store runs. I think the stores just don't rotate their formula stock often enough.