Other Baby Formulas:

Enfamil Nutramigen with Enflora Infant Formula

• Infants (3)
  • Newborn (3)
    • Ease of Preparation:

It did the trick for my daughter!

I started out breast feeding, but after two weeks I was convinced my daughter just wasn't getting enough at each feeding, so I switched to Emfamil Lipil with iron.  She did NOT take to it, and was very colicky.  I then switched to Enfamil Gentle ease, with no real change.  My daughter's pediatrician suggested Nutramigen, and I immediately saw a change!  It's fluffy texture tells me it's not irritating on her tummy, and it is 100% lactose free.  She is now 15 months, and no longer drinks it, but has successfully transitioned to whole milk.  I recommend it to any baby with digestive issues with regular formula!

HORRIBLE! AND NOT JUST THE PRICE

After trying different formulas for my boys because everything else was constipating them or they threw it all up, my dr. suggested this formula. They were both colicky and we didn't know what else to do. In just the first day, they had HORRIBLE diarrhea. BAD> I had to put on a second diaper around their bottoms just to let them finish. They were crying and so was I! I thought maybe (like most parents) they just need a few days to get used to it. Nobody wants to keep switching formulas! But nope...a couple days later, same thing. And now vomiting. So, not only did I have to worry about that, but dehydration and not gaining weight. So, that same night I went back to regular Enfamil Premium. And weeks later, they are doing great. Still a little spit up due to acid reflux but not bad. ]AND this stuff is soooo pricey! And hard to find.

A life-saver

from Beaverton, OR

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Available

Cons

• Doesn't Mix Well
  • Poor Taste
  • Stains

• Preemies
  • Toddlers

Comments about Enfamil Nutramigen with Enflora Infant Formula:

Okay so first of all, this stuff smells HORRIBLE. It smells like a cheez-it that has been soaked in water and left in a very hot humid car for hours on end. It clumps constantly and doesn't mix easily. BUT IT WAS A LIFESAVER. My daughter had negative reactions to breast milk (even with dietary changes), and all other types of formula. She had to be on medication just to get her acid to stop long enough to eat. Nutramigen decreased her gassy tummy and spit up. We used it up until their Toddler version and would recommend to others who are struggling finding a tummy friendly allergen friendly formula. It smells so bad but it must taste pretty good because my daughter drank it until she was 2 with no complaints or refusals.

Best formula for my Colicky baby

from Pikeville,Ky

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Keeps Well
  • Mixes Easily
  • No Constipation

Comments about Enfamil Nutramigen with Enflora Infant Formula:

My pediatrician and I went through several different types of formula and even tried breast feeding my baby but none of them seemed to work. Some would constipate him, others would make his bowels too loose, some he wouldn't be able to keep down. I was beginning to think that we would never find one that would work until we gave nutramigen a try. He had normal regular bowel movements and his colic symptoms lessened.

GOOD FOR MILK ALLERGY

from Shelbie Laredo tx

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Keeps Well

Cons

• Caused Gas
    • Caused Stomach Aches
    • Doesn't Mix Well
    • Stains

• Preemies

Comments about Enfamil Nutramigen with Enflora Infant Formula:

When my son was born we had to go through a ton of formulas to find something that worked for him. This formula was okay he didn't do the worst on it but it was still pretty bad it smelt horribale and never wanted to mix together, it was aggravating trying to get it to mix. Other then the mix and smell, he was still super colicky so all together this formula wasn't a fix for my son but we did find something that worked from the same brand.

This Was Our Lifesaver

Comments about Enfamil Nutramigen with Enflora Infant Formula:

We tried numerous formulas with my son in an attempt to reduce his symptoms of acid reflux and the non stop crying it brought on. After trying a variety of different types and brands, our pediatrician recommended Nutramigen out of shear curiosity that all of his problems might potentially be from a milk protein allergy. She was spot on with her diagnoses. The first couple of weeks on Nutramigen we noticed a lot of mucus in his diapers, which I was told by the company themselves was normal as the dairy flushed from his system. By the end of that two weeks his reflux ha drastically improved and even the eczema that had plagued him since birth was starting to clear up. My son was happier, I was happier and life got a whole lot easier with him thanks to Nutramigen. I'm not sure what I would have even done had it not been suggested to me because I didn't even know it existed until then. After seeing such a huge change I regretted it taking so many months to find something that would work. I've since recommended it to many moms experience similar problems as I did with my son because I loved the product so much.

Ease of Preparation
    Harder to get mixed with shaking than other formulas. Had a tendency to stay clumped.

• Ease of Preparation:

The only thing you can do for cow's milk allergy

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Enfamil Nutramigen with Enflora Infant Formula:

We discovered my son had an allergy to the protein in cow's milk when he was six weeks old. Our pediatrician told us that the only formula we could give him was Nutramigen made by Enfamil. Once we started him on it, he started gaining weight like he was supposed to. I'm very glad there is an option for this health issue. That being said, I hate this formula. I know that it is all we can use so I have had to make my peace with it, but it smells terrible and is very expensive. You have to use way more powder than traditional formula, and it doesn't mix into the water very well at all...you have to really shake it a lot, which makes lots of bubbles. The powder is very fine so it makes a mess. However, my son doesn't seem to mind the taste (apparently it is bitter) and he digests it very well. I am glad there is an option like this for babies who can't digest regular formula. Enfamil does offer a rebate program to help defray the cost.

• Ease of Preparation:

great for babies with milk allergy!

Comments about Enfamil Nutramigen with Enflora Infant Formula:

My youngest daughter has an allergy to the protein in cows milk. We tried 3 different formulas before her doctor put her on this. Before she was staying up all night fussing. Crying all night. During the first 24 hours I noticed a huge difference. She stopped crying and didn't act like she was hungry all the time. I love the fact she was being a newborn baby. She did poop a lot during the first 24 hours, but after that everything went to normal. The powder mixes well and didn't clump up. The formula lasts long on her stomach and she is functionally normally. The smell isn't so stinky that you have hold your breath when making it. The aftermath of the digestive process doesn't stink too much either. The poop is different than the others, but it is normal. Burping her is no problem now either. She sometimes burps herself. The taste must be ok because my daughter loves to eat. I am so happy that this formula was made. I would recommend this product to anyone who has a child with colic, milk allergy, and problems with constipation.

What a difference

Comments about Enfamil Nutramigen with Enflora Infant Formula:

Many moms have babies who spit up. It is pretty normal in my experience, however, when a baby vomits across the room something is wrong. Every once in a while a baby will have some trouble digesting their food and may spit some of it back up but it should not be the entire feeding. One of my sons was having trouble keeping his formula down. Every meal he had came right back up and I was worried about his health. We switched to Nutramigen from the advice of our doctor who explained that it was already partially digested so it may stay down easier than the current formula. It was worth a try.

When I bought the formula the one thing that I noticed right away was the cost. It was more expensive than the current formula we were using. The second thing I noticed right away was the smell. It smelled pretty bad. I wasn't sure I wanted to give it to my baby. However, I tried it and he ate it without issue after a couple feedings. The best part was that they vomiting slowed way down and eventually ceased completely. At twelve months we tried him on regular cows milk and he did fine. I am very happy with the results of this formula and would highly recommend it.

• Ease of Preparation:

Expensive, but worked for my baby

Comments about Enfamil Nutramigen with Enflora Infant Formula:

All three of my children had milk allergy problems and I was breast feeding but also needed to supplement. Nutramigen was the only formula I found gentle enough for their sensitive tummies.

Easily Digested
    When my babies had problems with regular formula, the doctor suggested Nutramigen because the milk proteins were broken down and more easily digested by a baby, especially one with milk sensitivities. I used this formula, after trying about 10 other brands, but ended up going back the this one; it was the only one that worked!

Ease of Preparation
    This formula does have a strange smell, and it is rather hard to mix. No matter how many times you shake it in a bottle, you'll still have clumps of formula floating around. The best way we found, was to mix it in a separate container. But you do have to VIGOROUSLY shake to get it well blended. Also be sure to only use "cool" water. If you use warm water, its suppose to break down some of the nutrients (the same way you're not suppose to heat up breast milk in the microwave) Just read the side of the can for details.

• Ease of Preparation:

pretty expensive, but great on stomachs

Comments about Enfamil Nutramigen with Enflora Infant Formula:

We had a lot of feeding issues with our daughter and tried this for a period of time. We found that it really did help to settle her stomach, but we had a hard time getting her to drink it because of the taste. Luckily, we were able to get some other things under control so we could transititon off of this. You will pay more for this, but it is a good brand and does work.

• Ease of Preparation:

Absolutely a life saver for my son!

Comments about Enfamil Nutramigen with Enflora Infant Formula:

My son was born and had difficulty with newborn formula from birth. In the hospital they switched him to a gentle version and still he was in agony screaming with gas and tummy problems. Next, the doctors tried soy...same problem and not any relief. then a friend recommended Nutramigen which her son had taken over 15 years ago! Within a couple days, we were seeing improvements in mood and he was smiling. No more grunting, straying, screaming, not sleeping...it was an enormous relief! The only downfall is the price, it is much more expensive than most other formulas. However, the fact that it helped was worth the expense.

Easily Digested
    Within two days, my son went from completely miserable to completely happy! This formula changed everything for him! He was able to burp, toot, and have normal BM's daily.

Ease of Preparation
    Very easy to prepare...the same as other formulas. A scoop to the proper amount of water. On the can, it is recommended that it does not get warmed up so that is one less step one might have preparing a bottle.