4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Highly recommend this sunscreen! Awesome protection & absorbs.

Comments about EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46:

My dermatologist recommended this product to me. I was looking for full protection for my Irish pale, sensitive skin, but was having trouble with prior sunblocks not absorbing. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT - it does everything.

No scent - which is great because there shouldn't be any scent in sunblock. For me, with somewhat sensitive (but mostly "normal" skin), any facial product that smells nice irritates my skin. I'll take the no scent!

Absorption
Great. Absorbs nicely, but it does take (as typical) 10-15 before you can reasonably apply makeup.

Longevity
All day! I've worn with only one application throughout the day. I can't speak about using this product alone for days at the beach, or swimming or "intense" sweating/workouts, but on a day-to-day basis I feel very comfortable about the protection coverage I get from one application.

Great protection, even when I'm outdoors for entire day. So far, I haven't had any experience with burning or redness on days when I've used product.

Very easy.

Good mineral based sunscreen

Comments about EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46:

Elta MD works well for my combination skin type. It's mineral based without making you look ghostly. I haven't experienced any break outs with it, but it didn't work out being worn under makeup. It's great as a stand alone product.

No scent.

Absorption
As good as a mineral based sunscreen gets!

No burns, does need reapplied after an hour or two if you're swimming.

Pump bottle helps

incredible product!

Comments about EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46:

I once received a sample of this at a dermatologist's office at a botox appointment. I have combination skin, a bit of rosecea, and I tend to burn easily. I also can have reactions to sunlight that have to do with other medications I take. So I tried what she gave me and the results were amazing. I then went to a local dermatologist's office and began purchasing it there on a regular basis.

Pleasant, but not overpowering. I don't like lots of scent added to product, as the more that is added, the more I am likely to break out!

Absorption
This is amazing, face with feel smooth, but not greasy!

Longevity
I only apply once in the morning. And I do wear under makeup sometimes as well. It lasts all day and you do not need much.

I never burn when wearing this!

Ease of Application
Just a tiny drop, smaller than a dime will cover your whole face if you rub it in quickly. It is pricey, and although can be purchased on amazon, I get it locally so I never have to pay shipping.

EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46 Great for Broad-Spectrum Sun Protection

from Denton, TX

Comments about EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46:

I have rosacea and my dermatologist recommended I use EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46 daily on my face to protect it from damage from the sun. I was afraid it would clog my pores, but it hasn't. I've been using it for a couple of years now, with great results. Additionally, I have permanent makeup. I look at this product as a way to protect my investment in the permanent makeup, since it is prone to fading. It's very lightweight and doesn't feel at all greasy on your face. This sunscreeen doesn't leave a residue on your face either. EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46 has both UVA and UVB sun protection, so it helps prevent wrinkles and sun damage to your skin. Plus it has an SPF of 46. I am very happy with the results I have had using this product. I would highly recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin or rosacea who wants to protect their skin from sun damage.