Other Dishwashers:
Built-In Dishwashers
Electrolux
Electrolux EDW5505EPS Stainless Steel 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher

Electrolux EDW5505EPS Stainless Steel 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher

This is a lemon of a dishwasher.

Comments about Electrolux EDW5505EPS Stainless Steel 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher:

I have had this dishwasher for five years and have had it fixed four times already.

Noise Level
Much quieter than my last dishwasher.

Cleaning Time
It takes forever, more than 90 minutes to go through a normal wash cycle.

Loading Flexibility
It is okay with fold down tines but does not hold as much as I would like.

Dishes don't always come clean. Could be the hard water we have in our area and the fact that the dishwashing detergent does not contain phosphates any longer but regardless, it is disappointing that an expensive dishwasher does not clean better.

Outside is sleek and nice looking but would redesign dish racks to hold dishes better.

As I mentioned, I have had to have it repaired four times in fiveyears. I have had the circuit board replaced twice, the locked replaced once and something else repaired. I could have bought a new dishwasher for the amount of money I have spent on repairs. If it breaks again I will definitely purchase a new dishwasher and it will not be an Electrolux.

• Noise Level:
  • Cleaning Time:
  • Loading Flexibility:

A decent dishwasher, though pricey

from Millstone Township, NJ

We purchased this dishwasher when we remodeled our kitchen and went with Electrolux everything. Some appliances we are happy with, others not so much. This dishwasher is middle of the road. I agree with the other reviewer (of the black model) that it actually improved over time. In the beginning, it used to leave a lot of dirty dishes, but now it does a pretty good job. Also, it does leave quite an odor when you open the door sometimes...as another reviewer stated. On the plus side, it isn't very loud when running. It also looks nice inside and is easy to load. It also has a nice variety of settings (such as an eco setting). Overall not a bad pick.

• Noise Level: