Other Baby Formulas:

Earth's Best Organic Baby Formula with Iron

Pros

Cons

Wish we used Earth's Best sooner

When my daughter was first born, we decided to use Enfamil because our pediatrician recommended it for having one of the longest proven track records.  A few months later, news broke that Enfamil tested positive for melamine (and cyanuric acid)- needless to say, we were appalled!  I called Enfamil and they said they had no plans to change their formula since the melamine levels were under the safe limits.  We immediately started researching new formulas - and, one of the few we found that did not have any melamine was Earth's Best.  According to their customer service representatives, this lack of contamination is due to all of the Earth's Best ingredients originating in the US, unlike many of the name brand formulas.

While cost shouldn't play a huge role in keeping your child healthy, I was still worried about the extra cost of getting organic formula.  But I soon found terrific deals at Babies R Us and Amazon - it was the same (sometimes cheaper!) price of non-organic formula!

it's organic, it has to be good.

Like most parents who didn't plan to use formula, we ended up using the brand they had at the hospital. We'd planned on breastfeeding, so when that didn't work out, we found ourselves completely uneducated about formula.  So, we went with what we'd already experienced during our time at the hospital- Enfamil.  Our little one tended to spit up quite a lot with Enfamil, and it only got worse when we tried to switch to the type made especially for babies who spit up frequently.  Turns out, that stuff is just thicker than the regular Enfamil, and ended up wreaking havoc on his digestion-sucking the moisture out and interfering with his elimination.  So, that was a no-go.  We got a can of the Earth's Best powder from my mom, who got it from a friend, and we loved it immediately.  It even looks nicer than traditional formula-it's lighter, fluffier than Enfamil.  Within a week, our little one's digestion was better, his eliminations were softer, and he stopped spitting up so much.  Whatever the differences are between  traditional formula and organic, it seemed to help immediately.

One of the only organic options

Comments about Earth's Best Organic Baby Formula with Iron:

When my little one was born, I had every intention of breastfeeding exclusively. But that was unfortunately not a possibility for us, so we had to start supplementing with formula. Being someone who is concerned about chemicals in products, especially those for children, I spent a lot of time reading up on different formulas. Eventually I decided to go with Earth's Best since it is organic, reasonably priced, and (unfortunately) one of the very few organic formula options out there.

I hated that I was unable to breastfeed my little one, but she did really will on this formula. She did tend to spit up a lot, but she even did that with other formulas so I think that she was just more prone to spitting up than others.

Even after being formula fed most of her first year, my little one hasn't has any real health issues. She has never really been sick and she has no physical or cognitive development problems at this time. While I do believe breastfeeding is more beneficial for babies, having formula was a life saver for us and Earth's Best was the one we used the most.

Easy to Digest, Good Quality Formula

Comments about Earth's Best Organic Baby Formula with Iron:

My baby had a very sensitive stomach (colic, gas, spit up, acid reflux), and after trying several formulas, I now use this. My son is 7 months old and I feel good about giving him organic formula, and he tolerates it just fine.
My little one loves the taste of the formula and is thriving and gaining weight.

Easily Digested
My son had severe stomach issues when he was a newborn. He was colicky, had gas and spit up and acid reflux issues. This formula seems to be fine, and does not aggravate any of his symptoms, and I feel good about giving him higher quality, organic formula compared other brands we tried.

Ease of Preparation
The preparation for this formula is exactly like other powdered formula where I pour one scoop of formula for every two ounces of water. I pour water and powder directly into the bottle, and then shake. The formula does not smell (neither the powder itself nor the formula once combined with water), like some other formulas we tried.

Good Product but Short Expiration Dates

Comments about Earth's Best Organic Baby Formula with Iron:

I breastfed my daughter exclusively for the first six months, then added Earth's Best Formula from six months to one year to supplement her iron. I did not particularly like the idea of using formula, but all the books recommend it after six months. I continued to breastfeed while using this formula, only giving her the recommended amount to supplement iron. So if I was going to need to use formula, I felt it was important to use an organic brand. My daughter seemed fine with the taste and it was easy to mix up. I mixed it as needed, rather than making a large batch ahead of time, like some people recommend. I also used this to mix with rice cereal, which was her first foray into solid foods. We did not have any problems with allergies or reactions from this formula, but I did notice (and only after she was old enough to not need formula anymore) that she had A LOT of gas when she was taking this formula. This formula was just a small part of her diet, but in hindsight it created huge amounts of gas, so if a baby were exclusively on this formula I think that could be a problem. Who knows, I just know that after she was a year old and we stopped using this formula she did not have near as much gas - very noticeable.

• Ease of Preparation:

Made my baby have bad gas and spit-ups.

Comments about Earth's Best Organic Baby Formula with Iron:

As a first time mother who decided to forgo breast feeding and instead feed formula, I've been looking for a good infant formula that does not cause my baby to have gas and spit-ups. I've tried various brands and I saw this at the store ad thought that organic was good and that this may be the product for me. The instructions to making the formula milk was clear and the ingredients looked promising, so I thought I had nothing to lose. I had not heard about this brand before, but I thought that I would give it a try. After being fed this baby formula, my baby had worse gas than usual. I didn't know if this was being caused by the product or not, so I decided to continue with the product for a few more feedings to see if this formula was the problem. Well, the problem persisted and eventually I had to try a different one. If your infant is prone to gas and digestive problems, I don't recommend this product.

Absolutely love it

Comments about Earth's Best Organic Baby Formula with Iron:

Love this formula. I've tried every brand of formula with my son. I love the fact that it's milk based and easy on his stomach. I also love the fact that the first ingredient is not corn syrup solids. He eats a lot better now too without all the gas and overall fussiness. I like the fact the ingredients are organic and healthy but what sold me is that it's the only formula that agrees with my son. Happy baby... Happy mom.

Easily Digested
Baby's gas mysteriously disappeared. We have tried everything for his little sensitive stomach and this formula wins bar none to the rest. No gas, poops twice a day now and is a much much happier little guy. We've fried all the sensitive formulas and even the hydrolyzed and none agreed with him quite like this one. He doesn't have a milk allergy just colic and this formula stopped it all. Very impressive.

Ease of Preparation
Easy as any powder formula

Earth's Best Organic Formula a good option

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Earth's Best Organic Baby Formula with Iron:

We started giving this formula to our daughter when we had to start supplementing the breastmilk she was getting. We were not even going to mess around with non-organic formula, but still had a hard time giving our baby some formula along with breastmilk. Shortly after we started supplementing her with formula, I began making a homemade formula with raw milk following the recipe in Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon. I truly believe that the homemade formula is the best alternative to breastmilk, and is the healthiest option. However, for four months or so we were travelling a lot due to visiting an ill family member and during our travels, we used Earth's Best Organic Formula for our daughter. She seemed to do very well with this formula - didn't seem to have an upset stomach or problems digesting it. We found that this formula was ridiculously expensive at our local health food store, so we purchased it at Babies' R Us. They didn't always have it when we needed it however, and then I discovered that it is much cheaper on Amazon. I would suggest buying it from there.

Best alternative to breastmilk.

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Earth's Best Organic Baby Formula with Iron:

As a result of a medication I was taking for chronic health conditions, I was unable to breastfeed. When I spoke to a nutritionist about what is the best formula to feed my baby she told me that all formulas are formulated the same. They are closely regulated by the FDA and must all provide the same nutrients. The nutritionist told me the only real decision I had to make was whether or not I wanted to feed my son organic formula or not. Although I was bitter about that fact that I could not breastfeed, I feel that this organic formula is the best alternative I can find. Of course no formula can be better than breast milk but I have no choice.

I want to be very conscience about what I feed my son so I knew I had no other choice than to find an organic formula. I wanted to make sure that whatever he was drinking in the first months of his life was free of pesticides and other harmful contaminates.

I've found that this formula is no more expensive than other name brand formulas when you find it on sale. I have never had an issue finding it on sale at a good price that is very competitive with other non-organic formulas.

My only complaint about this formula is that it causes constipation in my son. I believe that is not specific to this formula though as my doctor informed me that most formula fed babies have this issue. My doctor told us that eventually his system will get used to the formula and he will begin to become regular again.

I would recommend this formula to anyone looking for an alternative to breastmilk if you find yourself in the same situation as myself.

Earth's Best is a great baby Formula

from Garfield, NJ

Comments about Earth's Best Organic Baby Formula with Iron:

We were originally using Similac formula because that's the kind the Hosptial gave to our baby and suggested using.  After doing a little research on ingredients, etc, we decided to give organic formula a shot.  This formula seemed to have the best reviews and most people seemed to purchase this product.  We tried and our baby took to it from the begining, however, she was not too upset about drinking Similac either :).  Never seemed to be too gassy from this milk and devoured it in large quantities.  This product can be a bit pricey but you can find it online, amazon for example, and buy it a bit cheaper if you subscribe to it.  We have been using this milk for about 8 or 9 months and just now stopped using formula since our baby is over a year old.  We are slowly trying to convince her to drink regular milk but can still tell when from time to time she gets this milk she drinks it a lot more happily !

Makes baby happy

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Earth's Best Organic Baby Formula with Iron:

Breastfeeding is best but when you can't then Earth Best organic formula provides you with a great product. We tried some other brands and my son was just crying and crying very gassy. His stomach was so upset and when we switched to Earth Best we had a happy baby again. This formula is easier on the tummy. Instead of refusing to eat he was gobbling it down. The color even looks richer then most formula. Highly suggest for those who are having tummy or fussy baby issues. Its a little more expensive and coupons arean't easy to find those are the downfalls of it.

Earth's Best Organic Infant Formula was a great choice!

from Tallahassee, FL

Comments about Earth's Best Organic Baby Formula with Iron:

I tried the Earth's Best Organic Infant Formula with Iron when my baby was 8 months old.  I breastfed my baby for 8 months, and then when I wanted a change and wanted to put her on formula, I did my research.  I read about many types of formulas, and I decided on the Earth's Best.  My baby loved this formula and took to it no problem after switching from the breast milk.  I love that it is organic and good for my baby.  I felt very confident with this brand as I had been using the Earth's Best baby food.  The formula didn't smell bad either.  It didn't stink at all.  If she ever spit up from the formula, her spit up didn't stink either.  It was very gentle on her stomach, and she had no stomach problems while transitioning to the formula.  The formula is really not expensive either.  I expected an organic formula to be very high in price, and I was quite surprised at how affordable it was.  Overall, I was very happy with this product, and if I use formula for any future babies I have, I will definitely be choosing Earth's Best.