Other Vacuums:

Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Vacuum

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Still hate vacuuming, but that's not this machine's fault

I'd heard that Dyson's were pretty good. We had an old, cheap model from another manufacturer, and when it died, my wife convinced me to go with the good stuff. Since she vacuums most of the time, I had to relent. Glad I did. I'll even use this once in a while. It's not perfect, but it's up there. Great suction (we have two dogs with fairly long fur and it tackles that with no problem). Love the extendable hose for those off-the-floor vacuumings (couches, curtains, etc.). The attachments aren't anything special, but they work, so I guess I can't complain. The canister is a bit small though. We vacuum once a week at least and don't have a particularly large house, but without fail, I'll fill the canister to the fill line (which is very low on the canister overall), a few times and have to dump it. But at least it's bagless and the canister pops on and off easily. Cleaning the sweepers can be a bit of a pain if you get something wrapped around it (tinsel anyone?). But I think this is a universal problem on vacuums - not something necessarily specific to this model. Overall, highly recommended.

Maneuverability
I'm sure the ball models are a bit easier to maneuver around tight corners and table legs, but I don't have any problems. In tight spaces, it's a little tough, but for the majority of the carpet (open space), this is more than good.

Ease of Maintenance
Cleaning the sweepers is a bit of a pain. Getting into the canister to really give it a good cleaning once or twice a year isn't terribly hard, but the bottom of the canister has some nooks that tend to hold onto dirt pretty good. Not sure I care all that much - just going to get some more in there if I could get it all out anyway.

Suction Performance
I've gone over the max fill line on the canister on a lot of occasions, but this thing keeps on sucking (in the good way). The canister won't keep filling really, but you're not going to lose anything out of there because the suction stops.

Versatility
Hose is easy to use. Has carpet and bare floor settings. Only problem I have is front is a bit tough to get all the way to the base boards under my kitchen cabinets - it will hit the cabinet before the sweepers get to the base board. Could be better around tight spaces, but far from an actual problem.

Looks fine if I leave it out. Functionally designed. Love the fact that I don't have to turn the power on and off with my foot like old models for other brands.

Had it for a year, and still going strong with at least once a week, heavy usage.

Dyson Upright original

I don't really like it.
It doesn't get pet hair up off the back of the chair. Missed cat hair that
if rolling around floor.
Too heavy to lift to...Read complete review

I don't really like it.
It doesn't get pet hair up off the back of the chair. Missed cat hair that
if rolling around floor.
Too heavy to lift to try to carry it upstairs.

Suction is good, but could be better.

I would of preferred the smaller Dyson with the ball. But husband wanted this one.
Now he's the only one that can use it.

I need something light weight that I can lift and carry. This is NOT a product for me.

Do not recommend for anyone that has back or lifting problems.

Easy to empty container. Not much dust flying around while vacuuming.

Maneuverability
It is too heavy for me to lift.
When my husband wanted this, I told him then I would not be able to vacuum with this product.
He now has to do all the vacuuming.

Haven't had any problems

Suction Performance
Suction in good on everything except getting pet hair off furniture. (Yes we have the pet attachment)

Versatility
For someone that is strong and healthy, it can be very versatile.
Not good for anyone that has trouble lifting.

Needs to be lighter weight.

I would like to try the ball Dyson that is lighter. But husband like this one.

Guess who's doing all the vacuuming? Not me!

Holding up well

I thought my floors were clean until I bought this

from New York, NY

Comments about Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Vacuum:

I vacuum weekly so imagine my shock when I replaced my old vacuum with a Dyson DC33 and filled the canister the first time. Hair and dust must have been ground into my rugs and my old vacuum just wasn't doing the job but this managed to get it all out. It also adjusts easily for my non-carpet areas. It did require some assembly but it was easy, as is cleaning it. I love my new Dyson. I'm going to try more of their products. I don't have a model with the "ball" but there is no problem maneuvering this. There are some small floor rugs that are too light for this model though it works fine on small area rugs if they're heavy enough. It was easy to put together and it's fairly easy to take apart to clean. The only design flaw is that there's a little belt on the roller and if it slips you'll hear a grinding sound. In order to get to it you will have to remove a part that has screws in it to slip it back into place. And, if it tears, you can't replace it but will have to take it to be repaired. I took one star off for that. You can't replace the roller yourself. It's not well designed in this one area. But I found customer service very helpful and very patient and very knowledgeable. They talked me through it and it's been fine ever since. They even gave me the locations of shops that would repair if needed but I found that it wasn't needed after they helped me.

Good vacuum

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Vacuum:

I received the Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Vacuum as a gift about a year ago. I put the vacuum together rather quickly and instructions were not needed. The first thing I noticed is that this vacuum is heavy compared to the other cleaners I used in the past. This vacuum weighs close to 25 pounds and this could be a pain to carry up a flight of stairs to some, but it wasn't for me. This vacuum has excellent suction. My carpet looks like it has been professionally cleaned after every use. This vacuum is slightly louder than some of my past vacuums, but it's no big deal. I was still able to make out conversation over the motor, but I had to concentrate. The thing I really wanted to test out was the hose. The hose is a decent length, but when I added the wand attachment I was able to reach places I usually needed a broom to clean. No suction power is lost when using the hose portion of the device. I would definitely recommend the Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Vacuum.

• Versatility:

The good, the bad and the ugly

Comments about Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Vacuum:

Overall this is a great vacuum, you can easily use the wand feature to reach ceilings and hard to reach spots, although the wand is on a fairly short tube and you need to be dragging the vacuum along as you go. The suction is fantastic and it's great that there are no belts to break and have stuff wrapped up in. If you are vacuuming on older carpet and it is breaking up a bit, the dyson makes a horrible sound and the suction stops. You have to remove the canister to reset and I recommend switching to floor mode at this point because it continually does this. It would be best if you didn't have a multilevel home as carrying this vacuum up and down stairs is awkward and difficult and it sometimes comes apart when you are trying to carry it. Like I said earlier the suction is great, but the canister fills up pretty quickly so you need to empty it a few times during the course of vacuuming. I personally don't think it's worth the extra money and you could do just as well with a Kenmore canister vacuum.

• Versatility:

Best vaccum i have ever owned

Comments about Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Vacuum:

When i got married 5 years ago, my mom's co workers pitched in and bought me this bad boy. In those 5 years, i have never had to replace a part, get customer service to help me with an issue, or replace the vacuum. Its perfect. Twice a year i wash the filter and remove the buildup off the beater bar. These 2 easy maintenance tune up keep my model running perfectly and my house clean and husband happy!

Maneuverability
Its not too heavy, but i would wager that it doesn't maneuver as well as the ball model. When my machine finally dies in 20 years, i will definitely be switching over to the Ball.

Ease of Maintenance
The directions provided were easy to understand and i got everything i tried right the first time. I am not very experienced in taking things apart and putting them back together, but i was able to manage this just fine. Everything fits just so and clicks back together audibly so you know when you've done it right.

Suction Performance
It gets EVERYTHING! Beware vacuuming by shoes, its eaten/torn a few laces in our house.

Versatility
I use my Dyson to clean my carpet, my kitchen linoleum, the carpeted stairs, upholstery, and i even vacuum along the ceiling and corners to remove spiderwebs. If my ceiling fans get really bad (we never seem to use them here in Michigan) i will use the Dyson on it first before a dust cloth.

Some serious science went into the machine, and it really shows.

In 5 years i haven't broke it yet, and I think that is pretty awesome. Still runs as well as day 1!

• Versatility:

Pretty expansive but does the job.

Comments about Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Vacuum:

First of all,i love vacuums.My previous one was a eureka boss smartvac,that bit the dust one day and i discarded it.The dyson dc33 multi floor vacuum is the best i have ever had.
It is efficient,easy to use and a light weight.The manuvarability is great too.I have pets in mu house one dog and a cat,so i have to vacuum everyday and the dyson dc33,really does the job.
It works great on hard floor,stairs and carpet.It has great suction and goes pretty quiet.
Its design is sleek,its plastic.Its troublesome at first to determine how to use it but the manual and its simple written term,you will find yourself assembly it together in no time.

It sucks dirt and hair off the floor pretty easily into the canister,althought,i think the canister is little bit smaller.
Overall,it is great and performs well.It is expensive so i do not know if i will recommend it but it really does the job.

It works great, but...

Comments about Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Vacuum:

I was very excited to get this vacuum home and use it, especially since I would be having company over that had a toddler. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of not only dirt, crumbs, hair and whatnot n the canister, but the large amount of super-fine dust.

Maneuverability
It definately maneuvers forwards and backwards fine, in other words, in a straight line, but it is not as agile going around furniture and the like.

Ease of Maintenance
The canister is easy to detach and empty, and the Hepa filter which is suggested to be cleaned approximately every 6 months also is not a problem to reach. As with most any vacuum though, it's the hair and "things" that get wrapped around the brush roller that cause me the most grief!

Suction Performance
As much as I wanted to give this 5 stars, I have to say that although it does pick up super fine dust (as seen in the canister), when I attempted to test its' affect on all purpose flour that I had spilled I found that it did not pick all of it up.

It feels bulky, and does not corner very well nor does it fit underneath some furniture due to it's design. And I wish that the hose for the hand tool were more flexible.

It has not failed in any way at this point.

Dyson DC33 Vacuum

Comments about Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Vacuum:

I was lucky enough to receive this product as a Christmas present last year. Although I have friends who swear by their Dyson, it was something that I would have never spent money for myself. My downstairs is hard wood floors while my upstairs is berber carpet. My cat spends most of her day lounging at the top of the stairs, and you can definitely tell it. Fur ball. The Dyson sucks up pet hair and dust from the carpet with ease, hasn't gotten clogged in my experience, and dumping the canister is a breeze. The Dyson has no problems vacuuming the hair (human and pet), food crumbs, and dirt from the hard wood floors WITHOUT scratching them up (unlike my last vacuum). The only thing it does have trouble with on the hard wood floors is leaves. That's okay - that's what my dustbuster is for!

Maneuverability
The Dyson turns easily around corners, cabinets, and on carpet.

Ease of Maintenance
Every once in a while, especially on the thick rugs, the brushes will catch on the fibers and automatically turn off. The reset button is easy to find and push. All filters are also easy to find and clean.

• Versatility:

This vacuum is reliable and efficient.

Comments about Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Vacuum:

This vacuum is reliable and does an excellent job cleaning both the tile and carpeted floors in my home. It is sturdy, and the long chord shortens the total time spent vacuuming.

This vacuum is durable and definitely worth the price. It picks up dirt quickly and efficiently from both hardwood and carpeted floors, but when switching from hardwood or tile floors to a heavy shag rug it has difficulty. My vacuum makes a noise that sounds like the motor is struggling when I switch to a heavy shag run. For all other rugs, except my heavy shag mat, it functions very well. I love how long the chord is; it allows me to finish the whole house more quickly. The long chord also helps immensely when vacuuming stairs. This Dyson vacuum is also very well-built as far as the extension hose and attachments snap very easily out and back into place. This is another high-quality Dyson product; I have used it now for 6 months and have had no difficulties with it except for the issue with my heavy shag mat. This vacuum is worth its purchase price, especially for picking up pet hair.

Decent Vacuum

Comments about Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Vacuum:

My husband purchased this for me after my last vacuum broke down. I love the fact that the filters are all cleanable and that the vacuum will not lose suction. The dirt cup is easy to empty and place back. The height of the vacuum is nice for storage and the long reach of the hose is great for my stairs or cobwebs in the corners of my ceiling. There are a few things that are not my favorite though; the head of the vacuum is bulky and therefore makes getting under certain pieces unobtainable and the hose (though long) is not very well designed, the hard plastic piece nestles into the bendable hose and must be fully extended for use and while the length is great for the above mentioned reasons it is not for the quick suction of baseboards or right under furniture, you must stand quite a distance back. It is something you can overcome but if you are used to the typical hose setup it might be frustrating at first. Overall though I am quite pleased with this purchase.

• Versatility:

lots of power, easy to maintain

from Warren, MI

Comments about Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Vacuum:

I like this vacuum. I have a 2 story home that is mostly carpeted. This vacuum is light so it can be carried up and down the stairs easily. Its suction is really good for both the main part of the vacuum and the accessory hose. It raises and lowers easily to meet the floor surface that you are trying to vacuum. I like how the hoses and attachments are stored in the handle which both helps in its maneuverability and makes it more compact. It is pretty easy to both clean and maintain and not having to constantly buy bags or filters makes up for the overall cost. There are 2 things I don't like about it the first being the stair tool is too small the other being that its higher profile front end makes it tougher to get under things like cupboards or couches ect.

Maneuverability
its great except for the fact its hard to get under some furniture

Ease of Maintenance
Its so simple a young child could do it

Suction Performance
This really is as good as they say it is

Versatility
its good for everything. Its hose and wand have a long reach.

front end needs to be lower

I've had it only a short time and it hasn't been really tested