Other Vacuums:

Dyson DC23 Animal Bagless Canister Vacuum

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

A wonderful vacuum that picks up dog hair from carpets

My significant other purchased the Dyson last year.  We already had a vacuum that worked "fine".  He insisted that this would work better.  He used the vacuum as soon as we received it and raved about how well it worked.  I continued to use the old vacuum that I was accustomed to.  One day the old vacuum was upstairs s I plugged the Dyson in and was amazed at how well it cleaned.  We have 2 dogs adn the dog hair is a huge problem all the time.  We have hardwood floors or tile flooring but do have a couple indoor/outdoor carpets in the kitchen by the doors.  Of coarse the dogs love to settle down on those carpets.  The other vacuum just did not pick up the dog hair as well as I would have liked.  The Dyson cleans the carpets and removes the dog hair with no effort at all.  The power head it worth the price of hte vacuum alone.  You will not regret buying this vacuum as it is lightweight, manageable, easy to use and cleans like no other vacuum I ever owned.

yes it has great suction, but way too loud!

After doing a ton of research I decided to try the DC23. I bought it at my box store so if I didn't like it I could return it. So far I am not overly impressed. Yes it does a great job on my carpets and it's fun to see just how much dog hair and dirt gets picked up. However, the transition from carpet to hardwood is akward at best. One must go to the canister and shut off the power. Next, you lean over and either pull out or push in the red valve/filter on the side of the head. Then, you go back to the canister and turn the unit back on. I mean really! I want the power/carpet/hardwood controls on the handle. I want to pust ONE button, not preform a full out procedure, geez! Secondly, why is this unit sooooo loud?! It is so obnoxious and I believe requires actual hearing protection. The cord is short as is the hose. I feel like I am constantly running into or tripping over the canister, the hose just needs to be longer! The width of the head is also too narrow, it takes forever to do the living room now. Yep, I'm pretty sure this over-hyped annoying vacuum will be going back to the box store.

Dyson DC 23 canister style

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Dyson DC23 Animal Bagless Canister Vacuum:

Very lightweight and powerful vacuum.

Maneuverability
Very easy to move across carpet or hardwood.

Ease of Maintenance
It is a little messy to empty as most bagless vacuums are as well.

Suction Performance
Amazing suction from a small vacuum. I am impressed.

Versatility
Very versatile due to it's canister style and weight which makes for easy maneuvering.

It's a bit strange looking bur don't let that fool you. it's a powerhouse.

The jury is still out on this as I haven't owned it but 6 months.

Great vacuum

from Friendsville, TN

Comments about Dyson DC23 Animal Bagless Canister Vacuum:

This vacuum is the best investment I have ever made for a vacuum. It picks up everything and is not heavy..I couldn't deal with all the dog hair without this product

Easy to carry, lightweight

Ease of Maintenance
Just dump the canister and vacuum is ready to go

Suction Performance
Amazing suction, picks up everything

• Versatility:

I like the vacuum, but takes some getting used to

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Dyson DC23 Animal Bagless Canister Vacuum:

I got this vacuum for our new house. We have hardwood floors and carpet so it was necessary that we have something that can do multiple floors. We've had it for a couple weeks. I like it that it's lightweight and easy to pick up and store. It took some getting used to, coming from an upright. This is the first Dyson we owned. I like the canister model. It does trap the dirt well and has a cool hygienic way to empty the canister. That was a selling point for me because unlike my upright, we don't have to scrub the filter and bang the canister against something to empty the dirt. The filter is also washable so I don't have to buy replacements every time we cleaned it out. I can see why Dyson's are expensive. Their attachments and design is pretty sleek. The look and feel is much nicer than my Hoover upright. We got this refurbished actually, but the Dyson warranty is pretty good. Even though it's 6 months, they assure that everything meets Dyson standards and testing and is taken apart for such testing and repair. The only difference, they say, is that the refurbished ones have a scratch here and there, but perfomance is guaranteed. So that's the only way we can afford one, but we like it so far.

Ease of Maintenance
Easy to empyt canister hygienically!

It's good so far.

• Versatility:

Such power in this little animal

from Duluth, GA

Comments about Dyson DC23 Animal Bagless Canister Vacuum:

This little powerhouse gets the job done quickly and effciently. Canister is large enough to be used for several days before having to be emptied. Easy to empty and keep clean.

Maneuverability
A little heavy to have a lift, but otherwise gets around behind you quite easily. Not really recommended for stairs because of weight, but still sucks up the messes and cleans very well.

Ease of Maintenance
Easy to open up and clean

Suction Performance
Really really sucks up the dust bunnies

Versatility
slightly larger appliances would have been better

Cannot beat a dyson for unique design

So far no problem, only have had it for 6 months, but no problems yet

Excellent!

Comments about Dyson DC23 Animal Bagless Canister Vacuum:

Dyson really makes a top-quality product. This is my second Dyson--my wife and I have a full-size Animal for our downstairs, and because it's so heavy and we have an enormous staircase, it eventually became very convenient to have a separate vacuum for the second floor. We have two dogs and two cats, so suction power is important, and this gets the job done. Emptying the canister couldn't be easier, and--my favorite thing about Dyson vacuums--is how sturdily and intuitively they're designed; every attachment snaps easily into place with a very solid click. Easy to handle and compact enough to fit neatly inside a very slim linen closet. Stick handle allows us to easily vacuum dust from the crown molding, light fixtures, and ceiling fans. Great stuff, A+

Maneuverability
Very easy to move around

Ease of Maintenance
Never any problems, but even if you do, Dyson has great customer service.

Very strong

Great

Very attractive and light

Solidly built

• Versatility:

Great stair-friendly design nabs pet hair, too

from Albuquerque, NM

Comments about Dyson DC23 Animal Bagless Canister Vacuum:

The Dyson DC23 Animal is easy to use on stairs and does a superior job lifting pet hair from carpets. It also has a larger dirt cup that let's you get the job done without numerous stops to empty the cup. I no longer dread tackling the stairs because the canister design rests on each step as you work the stairs and rolls up rather than fighting you each step of the way.

Versatility
I love the built-in extending wand.

dyson animal vacuum

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Dyson DC23 Animal Bagless Canister Vacuum:

Very good powerful vacuum, pick up alot of dirt and pet hairs. Work will on sofa and carpet. Does a good job cleaning the corners of stairways. The only draw back like all vacuum cleaners, hair gets tangle in the cleaning brush.

Maneuverability
easy to get into corners

Ease of Maintenance
have to use a brush to clean the canister.

Suction Performance
pick up a lot of dust and pet hair

Versatility
clean hard wood floor as well at carpet

easy to carry and use the hose to suck up dirt

have been using it for a couple of years and it still work like new

Good vacuum, pricy

Comments about Dyson DC23 Animal Bagless Canister Vacuum:

This vacuum is good, but for the price I would not buy it again. The capacity of the canister is not very big, meaning if you have big dogs like me, you're emptying that canister more times that you would want to in order to vacuum a single room. It does a good job of getting all of the animal hair off of the carpet, and works well on hard woods as well.

• Versatility:

This is one powerful vacuum--amazing

Comments about Dyson DC23 Animal Bagless Canister Vacuum:

I really like this vacuum--best I have ever had

Maneuverability
Turns around on a dime!! FABULOUS

Ease of Maintenance
Seems to be fine maintenance-wise

very powerful machine!!!! Love it

this is versable

This is lovely, can leave it out anywhere

Powerful machine

• Versatility:

A good vacuum for general cleaning.

from Spencer, IA

Comments about Dyson DC23 Animal Bagless Canister Vacuum:

Good suction, works very well on hardwood and tile, which is the majority of my home.

Maneuverability
Does not move extremely well over high, or "deep" pile carpets. Works very well on wood and tile.

Ease of Maintenance
Have only had this for about a month, and still have a little trouble rememering how to get the dirt out of the canister.

Would like for there to be a more clear solution to storing the accessorites. Even when I have them put on the canister correctly, it looks like I don't.