3.7
12446-01
Dyson DC21 Stowaway Canister Vacuum

Dyson DC21 Stowaway Canister Vacuum

3.7

Absolutely the best vacuum I have ever owned!

Absolutely the best vacuum I have ever owned!  I am a neat freak and keep a very clean house.  I was absolutely amazed at how much cleaner my floors are now that I have a Dyson vacuum cleaner!  I love that you can actually see the dirt that is being picked up in the vacuum.

I also love the fact that the canister can be emptied, the filter can be washed and cleaned and there is no need to replace filters.

If this vacuum ever breaks, I will definitely be buying another Dyson!  I can't imagine buying anything else.  I have been the owner of top brand vacuum cleaners throughout my life including the Kirby and a Tri-Star but after using the Dyson, I am sold and will never buy a different brand.

The vacuum is compact, easily to clean, easy to store and very easy to use.  It comes with various attachments ensuring that every area in your home is able to be cleaned efficiently and effectively.  This is definitely an amazing vacuum!

Dyson Vacuum does not live up to the hype

I am not at all happy with the Dyson Canister.     It is too expensive and it does not do the job well.

The unit...Read complete review

The unit is stiff and awkward to use.   The attachments that come with the unit are ineffective.

The round brush is sparse and stiff.     I like to use this attachment (a soft brush) to vacuum items like lamp shades and the computer keyboard.   The Dyson brush cannot perform this task.

The upholstry brush is small and works ok, but not anything outstanding.

The crevace tool is a nightmare.   It is curved and therefore impossible to use for jobs like getting between the refrigerator and the wall.

The attachment for the floor pulls out of the hose when doing carpets.    It is not at all useful for doing solid floors.

I purchased a separate attachement for for solid floors - very expensive and it does not work well.    It does not stay in the position for solid floors and it scratches the surface because the so-called brush attachement is so thin.   I would think that a vacuum as expensive as the Dyson would come with a solid floor attachment - not so - you have to purchase it separately.

I also purchased a separate dusting tool.  This is also useless and was very expensive.   It looks like one of the magnetic dusters and when it is attached to the hose, the suction does not pull any dust up the hose.

Overall - I would never recommend this vacuum.    I have had other vacuums that are as powerful as much as this one.    I expected something that would make the job easier and do a better job of cleaning.    The Dyson does neither.

if one could love a vacuum....

from Cranston, RI

Comments about Dyson DC21 Stowaway Canister Vacuum:

this is the best vacuum i have ever owned. i am pleased with the stowaway design (i am not a fan of stick vacuums). i do believe the vacuum i have is a bit different from this one (i live in Europe) but it is quite close.

Suction Performance
this vacuum gets a bit annoyed at vacuuming up a whole skein of yarn (nevermind WHY the yarn was being vacuumed up - i do have children!).

my littlest calls the vacuum the orange robot. love it!

• Maneuverability:
  • Ease of Maintenance:
  • Suction Performance:
  • Versatility:

Most Efficient & Powerful Vacuum

from Del Mar, CA

Comments about Dyson DC21 Stowaway Canister Vacuum:

After renting appartments for so many years I grew tired of having to use those pre-war, suction-less vacuum cleaners "provided" by the landord. I recently moved to my own place and number 1 item was a Dyson, the best vacuum ever! It stands in its own league -there's Dyson and then there are vacuum cleaners.

It's quick, fast, powerful and neatly stored away. Its design allows easy cleaning from any angle/height. Expensive but truly worth every cent!

Love it!

from Bloomington, IN

Comments about Dyson DC21 Stowaway Canister Vacuum:

I love my Stowaway! The suction is so much better than my old vacuum. The reason I gave it a 4 star is because the stick part is too large to fit behind most of my furnature. If it was less bulky I would have given the vacuum 5 stars. Other than that I LOVE it!

Dyson Vacuum does not live up to the hype

from Terry, MS

Comments about Dyson DC21 Stowaway Canister Vacuum:

The upholstry brush is small and works ok, but not anything outstanding.

This vacuum sucks :)

from Fayetteville, NC

Comments about Dyson DC21 Stowaway Canister Vacuum:

If you have a lot of carpet in your house get this vacuum. This cleans your carpets and you will be amazed what the Dyson will get out even after you vacuumed with a different vacuum prior. The money is a good investment. I have mine now for more than 3 years and it's still going strong.

Good vacuum if you have a multi level home because it is easy to lift and carry.

Absolutely the best vacuum I have ever owned!

from Brigham City, UT

I love this vaccume.

from Central Square, NY

Comments about Dyson DC21 Stowaway Canister Vacuum:

I love this vaccume.  We bought this vaccume a few years ago and it is still going strong.  We have two dog and two cats that shed a lot and this vaccume still does a great job of getting up all the hair.  It has a hard floor attatchment which works great for vaccuming our large kitchen.  The only problem I have had with it is that the hose sometimes gets tangled because is doesn't turn like it should.

I hate this vauum!!!

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Dyson DC21 Stowaway Canister Vacuum:

I hate this vacuum with a passion, it's ungainly, awkward and noisy! You don't need a degree to work it but it's not user friendly. The hose collapses during use and the scream it produces is of a frequency that will punch a hole in your ear drum!

For this kind of money, **buy a Miele!** It's suction is fantastic, its' easy to use, light weight and best of all, it's quiet enough to talk over.

Think twice before you buy the Dyson DC21.

from Edinburg, VA

Comments about Dyson DC21 Stowaway Canister Vacuum:

Regarding the Dyson Canister DC21.  After trying numerous other vacuums, I was tired of buying bags and losing suction.  This was my main reason for buying this vacuum.  Pros are the vacuum has great suction and requires no bags.Cons are a short cord and the hose connects on the side making it difficult to pull the vacuum very well. There is no suction control, and the plastic hose is a real problem.  I bought the vacuum on October 31 '08, and by January 6 '09 the hose already had a crack.  I also had trouble finding the serial number when I called the service center.  The plastic container is extremely hard to remove to empty it out.  I have to get my husband to do it.  That being said, I wouldn't recommend this vacuum.

heavy but powerfull

from Wayn,NJ

Comments about Dyson DC21 Stowaway Canister Vacuum:

I have been dreaming about this vacuum . But when I got this as a gift from my husband,, I was shocked twice . One for happiness ,one for heart break That , it was soo heavy ,especially retractable cord soo heavy. When I vacuum home I get pain in my hands and my arms. Working good .But it is hard to be work with!!!