3.6

Pros

Cons

Takes Several Coats to Get What You Want

Comments about Dutch Boy Dura Clean Interior Paint:

When I moved into my current house seven years ago, we had a kitchen wall painted bright red as an accent wall. It was painted with Dutch Boy Dura Clean Interior Paint. I didn't love the, but I thought I would try it out for a while. I bought decorations, wall hangings, and even curtains to match the wall. After a while, however, I decided that I wanted to change the decorations and go with a lighter color to help tone-down the wall's color. I patched up my holes, removed my curtains, and found the paint that the previous owners left us to match the wall.

I was first very grateful that the owners were considerate enough to leave us matching paint, but then I started using it and changed my mind. I had a plate hanger on my wall from which I was trying to patch the holes, and it seriously took six coats just to get those holes covered enough to not see the wall behind them! If it took that long just to cover small holes, I feel bad for how long it must have taken the previous owners to paint the entire wall that dark. I will not be buying this paint in the future.

As far as the "dura clean" feature is concerned, I think this paint is great. I have washed this particular wall many times due to it being in the kitchen. I have even scrubbed off spilled milk and splashed grease and the color has maintained its brightness.

LOUSY Coverage

Comments about Dutch Boy Dura Clean Interior Paint:

One coat coverage? In your dreams. After the first coat, it looked like a poor priming coat. After second coat, shades of the previous paint still bleeding through. After third coat, well its still drying so guess we'll have to wait and see. I have painted many a room. Regardless of the how dark the prior coat, I have NEVER had to resort to third coat of paint to get good coverage. I won't be buying this paint again.

Coverage
See overall comments. Worst coverage of any paint I've ever bought

Dutch boy paint

from Rockford, IL

Comments about Dutch Boy Dura Clean Interior Paint:

This Dutch Boy Dura Clean Interior paint is great. It has a nice coverage. It is easy to clean, even with dogs and children messin up the all the time. It is competitively priced and doesn't leavea sstrong paint odor in your house.I like the easy to carry handle on the paint, makes it nice from going one room to the next. The colors were numerous, was easliy mixable to get the colors you need. Its readily available at mos st store that sell paint. It is very durable and was easy to put on.

Quality
The quality of the paint was great, it covered well and I didn't need to use a second coat, it washes off nice too.

It's a very durable paint, messes come off the painted walls without the paint coming off. It doesn't chip.

Coverage
The coverage was fantastic, easy to use and covered in one coat, saved so much time when it came time to paint, Made the job much more tolerable.

Ease of Appliation
The application was easy and it made the painting chores much better then I thought, Covered well in one coat

• Ease of Appliation:

Isn't "excellent one coat coverage" as advertised.

Comments about Dutch Boy Dura Clean Interior Paint:

This paint is advertised as having "Excellent one-coat coverage". Its satisfactory paint if you know that you'll actually need 2 coats. I wish I would've spent more on a higher quality paint instead of needing 2 gallons and needing to paint twice.

Coverage
Does not have " Excellent one-coat coverage" as advertised.

Dutch Boy Dura Clean is a very good paint choice

from Hawthorn Woods, IL

Comments about Dutch Boy Dura Clean Interior Paint:

I am a big do-it-yourselfer and I am always painting something. I am currently painting my dining room with Dutch Boy Dura Clean Interior Paint and I would like to pass on a good review of this paint. First of all, it's very reasonably priced and you can get any color you like, even from any other brand's color chart. What is nice about this paint is that it doesn't have an overpowering paint smell. Your house will not smell like you are painting. It's a very light smell. Secondly, it provides good coverage. You usually always need two coats of paint and you do with this paint as well, but it really does cover well. I noticed that when using other brands, there are times when I don't think two coats cover well enough and that can be ridiculously time-consuming. This paint is easy to find at most home improvement stores and it does come with a lifetime warranty,so they do stand behind their product.

three coat coverage

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Dutch Boy Dura Clean Interior Paint:

This is the first time I've ever used *any *Dutch Boy paint and I have to say I won't ever buy it again. The coverage is quite poor...the first coat was like using a glaze or watercolors. The paint I purchased was the same color value of the paint I was covering, so it wasn't an issue of light over dark or vice versa.

It's really too bad too, because the color was spot on...that's why we chose it in the first place.

Great coverage and durability

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Dutch Boy Dura Clean Interior Paint:

I have used Dutch Boy Dura Clean in all of my houses.  I have found the coverage to be excellent.  Their choices of colors is amazing.  The paint is very scrubbable.  I usually use the satin or eggshell.  I had enough confidence in this product to even paint my kitchen WHITE.  I like the price of the paint, and they often run rebates through our Menards store.  The only thing I don't care for is their new screw on cap -- I always have trouble loosening it (usually hit it lightly with a hammer).  The handle on the plastic container is nice, and with it not being a metal can, you don't get any rust from around the edge of the can after you have stored it for a while.  The egg shell finish is very nice, too - with equally as good scrubability.  I would recommend this paint to anyone.  We have used it in bathrooms, bedrooms, living rooms, family rooms, kitchens and even our basement.  I have painted a lot of wood furniture with it, too.