Other Paints:

Kilz Casual Colors Interior/Exterior One Coat Paint

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Appliation:

Guaranteed One Coat Coverage - and They Mean It!

My friends tease me that when I move out of my house, the walls will be an inch thicker because I paint the walls so frequently.  I've used this paint for at least 7 years now, and have never been anything less than thrilled with the result.  I have painted light green over purple walls, and not had to do a second coat if I rolled properly.  The paint lasts well, and I use the satin, which is so washable and not at all shiny.

I also used it on the exterior of my house, painting bright orange over dark blue trim.  It looks great three summers later on the south side of the house!  The paint rolls on so smoothly, and lasts so well.  It doesn't even smell as bad as most paints.

Happy painting!

I will think twice next time on KILZ Paint

Several years ago we decided to paint our home.  We live in a mobile home so all the walls are wallpapered.  We had heard about the Kilz Paint and decided to give it a try because we did not want to have to primer the walls first and then paint.  We understood the paint to be one coat coverage over wallpaper.  This is not exactly true.  It seems to cover well at first and we thought we had really found the perfect paint for our walls.  Then after the first couple of months we noticed the wallpaper prints were starting to bleed back through.  The one room we painted was our bedroom,  which we had to get done before our new bed was delivered.  We accomplished that with a few days to spare.  Our bed was delivered and set up for us.  Then, as I stated earlier in this review,  we started to notice the print bleeding through.  Our new bed was a "WATER BED"  so to move it and repaint or add an additional coat, was out of the question.  The paint is guaranteed to cover in one coat, but that does not do us any good because the bed cannot be moved without draining it and moving it and then setting the whole thing back up again.  So be advised..this paint does not live up to its guarantee and if you have a situation like ours, the guarantee is worthless.

A waste of time

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Kilz Casual Colors Interior/Exterior One Coat Paint:

A long time ago before I knew better, I purchased Kilz interior and exterior paint. I had just gotten my apartment and I wanted to change the color up since that was a necessity. This was the cheapest one I seen which made me a little skeptical, but when I asked the store employee, he didn't say that it was a bad paint or even try to refer me to a better or more expensive one. So the next day we got to it and started painting the living room. Keep in mind the color was white but very marked up and we were using a green colored paint. This paint stated to be a one coat paint and considering we were covering up white with green, there should have been no problem. But of course there was. What was supposed to be a few hour job turned into a two day job and an extra bucket of paint. When the first coat dried, I seen every single mark that was there. I couldn't believe how it came through. So we did a second coat and I was extremely frustrated. After six months I ended up painting it a different color with a better brand. I would never purchase this again. Do not recommend.

Kilz Really Kills Stains

from Carlsbad, NM

Comments about Kilz Casual Colors Interior/Exterior One Coat Paint:

Two years ago, my husband and I were moving into a new home. The tenants before us had left a mess, there were broken windows, carpet that pets had urinated on and stain upon stain on every wall throughout the house. We tried to paint one wall an eggshell color, but within hours, the stain, (I assume it was spaghetti sauce), had seeped through the fresh coat. We decided at this rate, we would be spending more money for interior paint than our budget allowed us. We attempted to paint another wall in the house, one that was not quite as stained, it too seeped through the new color in no time. It was then that I remembered a product that my father, an all-around handyman, had used when he had painting jobs such as this: Kilz. Off to the paint store we went! I had thought the gallon bucket would be easy to see. The last time I had seen it was in my dad's garage, it was a white can with big red lettering on it: Kilz. After looking for a few minutes, we asked a clerk, he escorted us right to the gallon bucket that had changed, much as I had, over the years. The true test now would be to take it home and try it one of the disgusting walls.
Following the directions, we painted over the heavier stains first. Once we finished that up, the Kilz gallon was still quite full, so we decided to put a light coating over each wall, from the heaviest stained to the ones with no stains at all. Packing our tools and things up for the day, we hoped that when we returned tomorrow to apply the real paint that the stains would not again, seep through.
Entering the house the next morning, we were struck at the oddness that there was not a heavy odor of fresh paint, as we had anticipated. Going back to the spaghetti stained wall, we began to paint, with our fingers crossed. Watching that coat of paint dry was like watching a pan of water boil. It took forever, or so we thought, but with each minute that passed, no stain appeared through the eggshell colored interior paint. Kilz really saved us a lot of time and money on that re-modeling job. We believe that we did not use near the amount of paint that we had anticipated we would.

Quality
Kilz is the best quality of cover up paint that a person can find at a good price. It went on the walls smooth and even, a painters dream!

The Kilz was durable, some of the stains we covered would have been considered hopeless. This product did the job and did it well.

Coverage
The coverage was incredible! One coat of Kilz took care of the stains.

Ease of Appliation
The Kilz was easy to apply, just as easy as painting with regular paint. In fact, it was so easy to work with, I would have allowed my 8 year old daughter to help with the job.

Great Coat Paint

Comments about Kilz Casual Colors Interior/Exterior One Coat Paint:

I am not really an artist. In fact, I can barely draw squares. But I do like using paint. Not like the preschooler way of hand painting all over the place. I enjoy fixing up things with paint. This paint really does the job. Maybe I can humbly consider myself a house artist. Actually no, that sounds like a architect. The color is very casual, as the name says. I do not like bright colors and prefer calmer ones. It does not have a really strong and strange paint smells that most paints do. I hate really strong smells, in fact, so I am really glad that the smell is subtle as well. There is a real beauty in the subtlety in this paint. It is the little details that really matter. I want my place to look brand new. The people who lived here before me clearly did not know how to chose a good paint. Their paint is already peeling off the wall. I also really hate the popcorn patterns along my ceiling so that was the first thing I got rid of with this paint.

Great for basements

from Lagrange, OH

Comments about Kilz Casual Colors Interior/Exterior One Coat Paint:

I have had the opportunity to use Kilz Casual Colors Interior/Exterior One Coat paint in two different basements, and I have had great success both times. Both basements were unfinished and cement block walls. After an initial clean and scrub with bleach, it was recommended that I use this Kilz paint. It covered very well, although I did have to use more than one coat. I think my cement block walls are so porous and so dry that it did take two coats to fill in a lot of the little holes. But otherwise the paint went on well. I felt that it was a very thick paint. The color is nice, and the finish was also nice, and I have had no problem in either of the houses I've painted with mold getting through on basement walls. The paint really helps to freshen and brighten up dark spaces. I have not used in elsewhere in the house, although it could definitely be done, but I highly recommend this for an unfinished basement. The smell was maybe a little bit stronger with this paint, but nothing that good ventilation didn't take care of. The paint is quite durable too, not chipping or peeling easily. Overall a great product that you won't regret buying!

Brilliant!

Comments about Kilz Casual Colors Interior/Exterior One Coat Paint:

This is the only paint that I will ever use! It goes one so nice and smoothly that you can't pass it up. The price of this paint is also very reasonable for what you get. I also like the fact that it comes in so many different colors, so anybody can use this kind of paint. I also like the fact that it kills mold! This is perfect for those old houses that really need a few coats of paint. The smell is also another thing I like it’s not too strong like most paints and the smell goes away within a few hours. This paint also has lasted a long time on our walls and it’s not easy to scratch either which is really nice if you have kids or if you’re moving furniture. The drying process is nice to it only takes a few hours to dry and that really depends on how much you put on. I've found that most paints need a few coats to get that really deep color look. Well not for this paint one coat and you’re good to go! I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a paint that dries fast and that lasts a long time.

• Ease of Appliation:

Household paint keeps color in my life

Comments about Kilz Casual Colors Interior/Exterior One Coat Paint:

This paint is an excellent choice because it has so many options you can choose from at a decent price and the color options are endless so you always get the color you want. It is easy to wipe down and has even withstood all of my kids rooms and it don't have the terrible smelly vapors right after I was done painting and it dries quickly.

Quality
The quality of this paint is great and it is vibrant in many colors and easy to clean up after. It is definitely a good paint for families homes inside and outside.

I like this paint because it goes on smooth and after dried withstands all those bumps and really keeps it color without fading.

Coverage
I like the excellent coverage this paint has I don't have to use as much to cover the area I am painting like with some other paints I have experienced using.

Ease of Appliation
After stirring up my paint it goes on nice and smooth with a roller and coveres the white greatly in only a few swipes.

Interior/Exterior Paint

Comments about Kilz Casual Colors Interior/Exterior One Coat Paint:

This is some very high quality paint. With so many endless options for paint and primers it's pretty exhausting to find one that doesn't have some sort of issue with it. This paint is incredibly interior and exterior which for one is very impressive and moved me towards purchasing it.

Quality
One of the things that makes it more high quality to me is that there are no harsh smelling fumes coming from the paint. I was able to paint my entire bedroom with a slightly cracked window without feeling nauseous from the strong odor of regular paints. That was a first for me, I didn't know it was possible to be able to paint a room without being ready to fall over from the fumes.

The durability for me personally was great, near perfection. I only had to apply two coats of paint to my walls and as of yet there has been no chipping off of the paint or fading whatsoever.

Coverage
Perfect coverage with no streaking. That is super important to me to have a paint that won't streak.

Such Majestic and Beautiful Paint

from Huntsville, AL

Comments about Kilz Casual Colors Interior/Exterior One Coat Paint:

I love the color and tone of this paint. It flawlessly applies to walls, not to mention it dries quickly. One of the best paints to use when deciding to change the color of every room in your house. It's inexpensive (in my point of view) and is just so smooth and fine.

Quality
Such a beautiful and wonderful paint. I could use it for days! Not only is it fine and smooth, but it's such a pristine quality paint. I used it in all the rooms of my house. It was easy to apply due to it's vibrant colorfulness.

It's been over 7 months and the paint is as great as ever!

Coverage
This paint has a great coverage. I was able to use two buckets per room. I didn't have to go over it twice either. Great coverage that basically covers the entire room.

Ease of Appliation
Such an easy paint to apply. I didn't have the problem of air bubbles as much as other paints. I was able to get it on the brush fine and dandy. Not a single problem with anything, especially since it was so easy to apply these to the walls.

• Ease of Appliation:

One coat is all you need!

Comments about Kilz Casual Colors Interior/Exterior One Coat Paint:

First of all, let me state that I am not simply an average painter, my profession is in the painting industry, and I am always searching for a trustworthy brand that is also very cost efficient. With this Kilz Casual Colors paint, you can stretch those extra drops. All you need is one coat for that beautiful, rich, and elaborate color that you would normally get with about two-to-three coats of an average paint. Because of this fact, I do not need as much cans of paint, and so, this will save a lot of money! It really is a good deal. If you are looking for a beautiful brand name paint that will not break your bank, then I would definitely recommend this Kilz Casual Colors brand!

Quality
The color and richness of the paint is extremely appealing to look at, and it is a smooth finish.

Lasts very long, and does not flake off when it is scratch at with your nails or anything.

Coverage
One can of paint goes a long way!

Ease of Appliation
Very smooth and silky, and so gets applied pretty easily, though a bit messy since it is so smooth.

• Ease of Appliation:

Good paint and permanent color

Comments about Kilz Casual Colors Interior/Exterior One Coat Paint:

This is a very good paint. I used it as an interior for the renovation of my house so I did not use it as an exterior just yet. The paint had a nice color and was very easy to apply as the texture was the right smothness and was not drippy. It does not peel and does not bleed into the corners. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a paint for interior as well as exterior.

Quality
It had a great quality as it had the perfect texture and it has lasted for so long without getting ruined or faded.

This paint is pretty durable. It seems like an average can of paint.

Coverage
The coverage of this paint was really effective as I painted the majority of the downstairs area of my house with just one can of paint. There are no drippy or runny spots.

Ease of Appliation
It's really easy to apply this paint because of the great quality and the texture. I just got a paintbrush and applied it to the walls. It dries at a great time interval so the colors do not clash together.