Other Baby Bottles:

Dr. Brown's Wide Neck Natural Flow Bottles

Pros

Cons

• Keeps Air Out:

Great bottle that withstands the test of time!

We've been extremely pleased with our decision to purchase Dr. Brown's Wide Neck Natural Flow Bottles. We've used the bottles now for two babies, both of which were bottle fed until 18 months. The bottles are durable and well made. We've tried other bottles and we always come back to Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Bottles!

Child's Comfort
Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Bottles are known for preventing reflux. I would agree with that assessment and would also add that the nipple levels they provide work with the natural flow of a baby's natural eating habits. Meaning, they never drank the bottle too quickly. That was important to me because I also breastfed and I didn't want my daughters to start preferring the bottle over breast.
Additionally, the bottles are easy for babies' hands to grip. My husband was determined to teach our daughter's to hold their own bottles and sure enough, both of them did before their 6 month birthdays!

Leak Prevention
We own about 12 Dr. Brown's Natural Flow bottles and I would say about 1-2 have had leaking issues over the last few years. Oddly, they're never consistant, so I believe we've only gotten rid of one bottle total due to leaking issues.

No lie, there are a lot of parts to Dr. Brown's Natural Flow bottles. However, we let the bottles soak in hot soap water and then wash, making it fairly easy to wash the bottles quickly and thoroughly. Compared to other bottles (e.g. Born Free) there are more parts to clean, but the upside of bottles make the cleaning a valuable extra step.

Keeps Air Out
Knock on wood, we've never had an issue with colic, reflux, etc.

As I mentioned, we've used Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Bottles for two children now, both who were bottle fed for 18 months. The bottles look almost like new after hundreds, maybe thousands of washes (washes include hand washing, dishwasher, and runs in the sterilizer). We both new bottle nipples for baby #2, which is recommended with all bottles.

My Experience With Dr. Brown's

Hi everyone, hopefully this review may help those looking for the right baby bottle for their infant. It's just my experience but if they end up working for you, then great!
Read complete review

I received about 3 of these from my mother who purchased them for my husband and I for our newborn daughter at the time (as we had little money and no clue about milk bottles).

The advertising claims they help with different problems some babies have when feeding (reducing colic, helping with gas, etc.). Though I didn't have any colic issues at all with my daughter (not sure if it was just being fortunate or something to do with the bottle itself), it did not help whatsoever with her gas. Nearly after every feeding, she would be in so much pain and it would take a tremendous amount of effort to help her release the gas from her milk. The thing that did help we found out was to switch her to Enfamil's Gentlease formula. She was perfect ever since!

Though it didnt help with the gassiness, which was a bummer but not a deal breaker after switching formulas, the biggest issue was cleaning these bottles. There are so many nooks and crannies in the rubber piece alone that can be easy to miss. The bottles come with a tiny bristle brush formulated for only Dr. Brown's bottles I think which helps with those hard to reach spots... Somewhat... I did my best cleaning them day in and out but when I saw orange gunk in one of the tiny crevices after spending so much time hand washing the bottles and accessories, I was finished (and this was after a c-section; no dishwasher and no bottle sterilizer gadgets!)

So, after searching baby bottles myself, I settled on the Nuk milk bottles. They are so much easier to clean, no accessories to worry about either! Just be careful of the air hole on the bottle nipple. I couldn't have been happier with this bottle and apparently the same was for my daughter too :)

Great product for working moms

Comments about Dr. Brown's Wide Neck Natural Flow Bottles:

These bottles worked great for our baby! One day he suddenly refused to drink from regular nipple bottles, but when we tried the wide neck bottle, he took to it immediately. The wide neck provided him a more similar experience to nursing. They also do not leak like the glass bottles tend to do sometimes.

Child's Comfort
Our baby was very gassy and fussy when we used other bottles, and also could not handle the speed at which the milk was coming out. With the different level Dr. Brown's nipples, you can adjust the nipple according to the age of your baby.

We haven't had any problems with leaks from Level 1-4

Cleaning takes a little more effort because you have to use the small sponge to clean the blue part, however, I think the difference we see in fussiness in our baby is worth the extra cleaning effort.

Keeps Air Out
I haven't noticed any air bubbles like I was seeing with the Evenflo bottles

After 9 months, we are still going strong with the same bottles, and they're washed every weekday.

Dr. Brown's Wide Neck Bottles

Comments about Dr. Brown's Wide Neck Natural Flow Bottles:

I'm a big fan of Dr. Brown's bottles, but I don't like the wide neck bottles as much as the regular thin bottles. Dr. Brown's bottles have always been the best at keeping air out of the bottle. They have this weird little tube that goes down into the middle of the bottle. I don't know how, but it lets the air out through the tube. These bottles were the first bottles they starting making that were BPA free before it was illegal to make baby bottles with BPA. I have used the regular Dr. Brown's bottles for about six years, and I always loved them but kind of wished that they were wider. Then, I saw these bottles and was so excited. I ordered about fifteen of them because I was sure I would love them. I didn't. The wide neck was easier to add water and formula, and the bottles worked great for the first few months. Then, I tried to get my daughter to start holding her bottle. These bottles were just too wide for her to hold. The regular sized bottles are thinner and easier for a baby to get their hands around. So, I would recommend these bottles for the first few months because they work just as well as the regular bottles, but they aren't great for a baby learning to hold their bottle.

My Experience With Dr. Brown's

• Keeps Air Out:

Glad to have finally used these bottles

Comments about Dr. Brown's Wide Neck Natural Flow Bottles:

My daughter was born 13 months ago, and we needed a bottle to use. After using a couple of brands, someone at Buy Buy Baby suggested these. I'm glad they did.

We purchased one small bottle, and three tall bottles. My wife sanitized them by dipping all the individual parts of the bottle into a boiling pot of water. After a minute or two, we washed them with soap and water. According to our pediatrician, this was enough for our baby.

For our purposes, the 4 bottles were enough. Using them for formula was not an issue, and they can also be used in the microwave. So quick warming was good.

If the size of wide neck seems like an issue, they were not for us. They fit in the diaper bag, no problem. Our diaper bag has a compartment specially for one bottle, and this wide neck bottle fits no problem. Also the wide neck helps with cleaning. We have a brush to help clean, but we can also use a cloth with soap & water to wash using our hands.

And being plastic helped, because it didn't break when dropped on the ground. Broken glass around a baby is not fun. So I'm glad it was durable enough to withstand my daughter.

I highly recommend these bottles.

• Keeps Air Out:

good bottles; one major flaw

Comments about Dr. Brown's Wide Neck Natural Flow Bottles:

My children did very well with these bottles. They never had any problems with gas or colic. One major flaw in the design: if you take the bottle anywhere there is a pressure or temperature change (I noticed mainly on airplanes and when warming milk.) the milk climbs up the center blue piece like a straw and leaks out the sides.

Only ones I use

Comments about Dr. Brown's Wide Neck Natural Flow Bottles:

I used these with my first daughter after breastfeeding when my supply went away at five months, these were the first I tried, and she stuck with them. With my second daughter, a friend of ours, a nicu nurse, diagnosed her with a oral aversion. She wouldn't even take a pacifier or suck on a finger, but my supply was going away, so she HAD to take a bottle. My friend took her for the day to try out different bottle types without my stress, and this was the type she finally took. She said this brand s also the one that works best for tube fed babies after going through the nicu unit. The wide mouth ones are supposed to be best for the previously breastfed babies, since it most resembles their mom.

Leak Prevention
Just make sure to pull the nipple through the ring all the way!

It does have some funky extra parts which are a pain to clean, but it is these extra parts that help prevent the gas bubbles.

• Keeps Air Out:

Great bottle that withstands the test of time!

Keeps Air Out
Knock on wood, we've never had an issue with colic, reflux, etc.

• Keeps Air Out:

Dr. Browns is the only way to go

Comments about Dr. Brown's Wide Neck Natural Flow Bottles:

I have twin brothers and having these bottles has helped me so much in preventing leakage and they are bpa free as well, they don't burp as much as other bottles I use when I feed them and I think that the smaller version of these bottles is PERFECT for nursing newborns, these bottles are better when the baby gets bigger.

Child's Comfort
The baby is very comfort with the size of the bottle and the grasp, my 10month old brother can grasp the bottle by himself with no problem

Leak Prevention
There has been little to no leaks when ever I feed my brothers which is very satisfactory, just make sure you close the bottle right!

It is so easy to clean because all the components come apart easily and there is no hard to reach areas so it is really easy to keep clean.

Keeps Air Out
It is made to keep air out and it works very effectively!! My brothers never seem to complain about the air.

They last longer than playtex I believe because they are just durable and not one has broken at all yet since my brothers were born.

• Keeps Air Out:

Great for babies with acid reflex

from Pompano Beach, FL

Comments about Dr. Brown's Wide Neck Natural Flow Bottles:

I love these bottles. When i got pregnant, I chose the Tomy bottles thinking that it is the closest thing to nature since i planned on nursing. But they were horrible and leak everywhere. Then I bought the playtex. They were ok, but I am not satisfy with them. Then, my coworker recommended Dr. Brown. I love these. They do not leak. They also help greatly with acid reflexes by preventing air going into the bottle. My baby loves them too. The only issue I had with these bottle is that it takes forever to clean them. They have so many parts, and they are not cheap to replace them on a monthly basis. But I still wouldn't mind the cleaning, since my baby finally feels comfortable drinking from the bottle, and I would recommend this to everyone.

Not up to all the hype

Comments about Dr. Brown's Wide Neck Natural Flow Bottles:

Too much hype about these bottles in my opinion. Baby's gas was ok with these but pretty much the same as other bottles we've tried. I hate the pieces. Takes forever to wash bottles. Hard to find these in stores. The plastic vent holds soap in it if u don't rinse it forever. Pain in my butt really. Nothing like washing bottles and dropping the littles pieces in the floor. Not worth the money. Boo.

Child's Comfort
Have tried several bottles. These are comparable not superior.

Leak Prevention
All I can say is ugh on that.

A billion pieces. Ok not really but when you're tired after having been up all night, not fun or convenient to deal with.

Keeps Air Out
Just as good as the others

Keeps soap in vent if not careful